Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Like Tree1312Likes
Day 11 of no suboxone. Looking for info.
    10years39days is offline Member

Oh so I need to
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

be a cheater to level up

like a boss.

Beef is a bad influence. This is all his fault.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Shame shame boys...

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Cheater is such a dirty word. How about opportunist??? I like the sound of that on a little better.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

I earned every bit of my whining and complaining posts ha!
    Beefaroni7272 and Autumnhopes like this.

I've probably earned 500 of mine. The other 500 are mixed in with bad jokes and conversations with myself.

*That's right, bust out that calculator. Guess who's advanced now!!!*

No big deal really. You don't need to throw me a party or anything at the B&G. With Cakes and pies.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Maxheadrum is offline Member

So I roll to a few meetings and hopped on to follow up on LVG and beefs mailbox is already a page deeper. Man if people would only like this guy a little!

Guess this site didn't like my emoticon.

The admin needs to lighten up a bit!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-18-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Beef the Opportunist. You got it.

Thank you, Beef! You've been instrumental over the past month! Can't thank you enough. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

What's the saying lvg? Can't keep what was given to me freely unless I give it away?
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

You are more than welcome 10. Can't tell you how proud of you I am.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Did Ed McMahon ever show up to Cat's house with a big check, balloons, and a new car when she got to 5,000 posts??

I hear those diamond members get quite a few perks. Lol
    NO!!!! Not one dang thing. Nada. That's why I stopped posting for a while. What's the use? I guess I'll keep plugging away to 10,000 and maybe I'll get that $5,000 a week for life or something.

Peace,

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    NO!!!! Not one dang thing. Nada. That's why I stopped posting for a while. What's the use? I guess I'll keep plugging away to 10,000 and maybe I'll get that $5,000 a week for life or something.

Peace,

Cat
    I was beginning to think that Cat was a mythical creature! There you are...I feel like I need to throw a Poké Ball at you before you disappear into the magical mist.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post

Peace,

Cat
    I figured it was something along those lines. Lol. Just so you know I'll be writing a strongly worded letter on your behalf addressing this mix up. There is no excuse for their oversight.

Hope all is well Cat. You are always missed!!

Beef

Got into work today and while cleaning out my bag I happened to come across a never opened 8mg suboxone strip........Just staring at me. Needless to say I won that staring contest. I had to laugh as it was almost saying "remember me? We used to be inseparable!!!! What happened buddy??" So into the trash it went. Never again!!! Felt really good. Gonna be a good day!!

Hope everyone has a good, no amazing weekend!!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare and Catrina like this.

Poking my head back..lol... Saturday.. I've been sick for two days trying not to whine because I've been through worse and survived.. everything is going good here how you doing these days Beef?

Beef that is such a powerful post. So happy for you that you had enough strength to do just that.

When I read that, i realized my brain isn't close to that. I don't know if I woulda been able to do the same.

I've taken a picture of that post just to keep for quick reference in case I am faced with the same thing.

Lvg. I'm sorry you don't feel well. I got some great advice from a friend when I had the sniffles a few weeks ago. She told me "This too shall pass." Ha, I couldn't resist. Sorry. At least we have plenty of tissues. Have some soup, get some rest and stay in bed!! I hope you feel better my friend.

Max. Glad you had a good day! I know you have the power to do that as well. It may not feel like it now. But all you have to do is remember why you toughed it out for a month in the first place. If I remember correctly this is the longest you've been clean from the garbage right. So you gotta be doing something right. My first thought was to rip it open and devour half of it right now. But after about a millisecond I realized that I'd be failing my girls, putting them through this h.ellish ordeal again. And I'd be basically throwing away the last 4 months of hard work and suffering, and triumphs I've experienced. No way was I gonna do that to myself or my newfound sobriety. So in that respect I had to laugh, if I was around 3-4 weeks clean who knows??? I'd like to say I'd have made the same decision but I can't be for sure. I remember how I felt at that time, and it wasn't pretty. One foot in front of the other my friend. Forward progress. Keep doing the next right thing!!!

I'm so proud of you!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Swinging by to high five you my friend!

Stronger by the day. You continue inspiring so many including me.

Beef do you find it strange that both of our “incidences” involved our work bags?

We need to publicly burn the bags and display their charred ashes for everyone to see. Teach those stupid bags a lesson.

**Sighs** - It’s the only viable solution. We must send them a message.

Quote Originally Posted by 10years39days View Post
    Beef do you find it strange that both of our “incidences” involved our work bags?

We need to publicly burn the bags and display their charred ashes for everyone to see. Teach those stupid bags a lesson.

**Sighs** - It’s the only viable solution. We must send them a message.
    I agree. The universe works in mysterious ways. We'll get a bonfire going and show those bags who's in charge. Like a boss!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxheadrum View Post
    Swinging by to high five you my friend!

Stronger by the day. You continue inspiring so many including me.
    Hey thanks buddy!!

* Beef gives Max the longest air 5 in recorded history from GA to Ohio*
    *Proudly awaits the representative from Guinness to come take his picture and give him his reward*

Hope you have a good one my friend.

Beef
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Hey thanks buddy!!

* Beef gives Max the longest air 5 in recorded history from GA to Ohio*
    *Proudly awaits the representative from Guinness to come take his picture and give him his reward*

Hope you have a good one my friend.

Beef
    Waiting for Guinness? Hope you packed a lunch.

It is far beyond time for me to stop here and give you a big virtual hug and to let you know just how much I appreciate the time you continue to spend on these Boards. You have become a daily go-to guy around here and you do it with compassion, humor and intelligence. .Don't change. I, for one, am very grateful that you stumbled onto this Forum, got yourself firmly into recovery and still come back and give immeasurable amounts of time to others. You're very special.

Peace,

Cat

Thanks for the hug Cat!! Right back at you. I'm glad you're back you are always missed. This place is so special to me. It really helped me out when I was just miserable and screaming and who knows if I would have made it without the support from you and countless others. I can't stay away from this place. I come every day, most days several times as you know. It just feels good. Recently 10years39days asked about why we stick around here and it made me recall the first post you made to me. I remember how it made me feel. Everything was gonna be ok, just gotta keep on going. It'll get better with time. And if I can give a fraction of that feeling to someone else I'm happy.

I have no complaints. Everything is so much better than I could have ever hoped for. I remember when you told me we are butterflies, these changes have been amazing!! And I've started occasionally buying coffee for the person behind me at Dunkin Donuts. (K needs coffee every day when I get off. And I'm happy to get it for her.) You're right it feels great to pay it forward. One guy even chased me down to thank me like they did you. Life just plain feels good right now!!! Who knows what tomorrow will bring so we gotta celebrate the small victories right?

I'll be around for a while. You guys won't get rid of me.

Have a great Sunday!!
    Thanks for poking your head in!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Sooo true Cat. Paying the gift of sobriety forward to those who like me needed it.

I am super grateful for Beef and I've also read so much of your posts too Cat. You are one super inspiring person and say things with such calmness and confidence.

Just-Freaking-Done is offline New Member

Beef - just wanted to drop by and say IDK about you but today and seeing the weather for the next week makes me super grateful to live in the Peach State (ahem....although I am a proud Univ. Of FL fan - GO GATORS!!)! I’m south of Atlanta and I’ll take 74 and sunny even if I only walked to the mailbox like my new friends suggested for a minute of fresh air.

Have a great week!

Hey JFD. Welcome to my home!! You're always welcome. I just watched the weather and yes it will be amazing. Gotta make some plans to do something. Gator fan huh.......... well all I gotta say Is GO NOLES' !!!!!!! Lol. I was born and raised in the Tampa area and made the move up here around 6years ago. I gotta say I love the weather. Seeing changes in the leaves and seasons is something I never had growing up. You sound good!! How's it going? I think I read you gotta go to work today? I gotta say working through my detox was probably the best thing for me. It forced me to be active and moving. So it helped me take my mind off how I was feeling. Keep up the good work and let us know how its going for you!!

Have a great day!!
    Keep doing what you're doing! One day at a time!!
    Beef

Good Morning...How's things going my friend..
    I guess another one for Brady eh...
    Hope you have an awesome Day...

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast