Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree1312Likes
Day 11 of no suboxone. Looking for info.
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Congratulations 5 months wow already...
    Clean and alive for Today...how great is that..
    Bright and sunny back home..lol...
    Hope K gets to feeling better soon..
    Keep up the good work my friend you are a blessing for all here.
    Thank you for all you do.. glad your here...
    Have a wonderful Day my friend....

David256 is offline Member

Congrats Beef! Great job on 5 months clean! It’ll keep getting better until it’s not apart of your daily thoughts!

Maxheadrum is offline Member

Way to go Beef!

Really really proud of you. So many look to you for guidance and support. You are one hella of a guy.

Hope K clears the UTI soon. I know that only compounds things. But we all know she has you and what a partner you are to her!

Dave that story made me laugh. During my infantry days we'd have to walk long miles or train in mud or rain we would say "Welcome to the suck".

Your buddies comments sound just like something an elite soldier would say.

Hope you are having a great weekend too my friend.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    K is a bit down, she has a UTI, and a kidney stone. So she's a bit miserable at the moment.
    Beef
    Hi,

I've been hanging around the sub forums because I had a miserable experience with it and now just trying to get through it. I find all this reading therapeutic, so thanks guys.

Anyway, the UTI caught my attention. Have you ever heard of D-Mannose? I swear this stuff works and you can read all the reviews on Amazon supporting my own experience. I buy the Now brand powder version and mix it in water. Life changing find IMO. The Suboxone, not so much.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1232 View Post
    Hi,

I've been hanging around the sub forums because I had a miserable experience with it and now just trying to get through it. I find all this reading therapeutic, so thanks guys.

Anyway, the UTI caught my attention. Have you ever heard of D-Mannose? I swear this stuff works and you can read all the reviews on Amazon supporting my own experience. I buy the Now brand powder version and mix it in water. Life changing find IMO. The Suboxone, not so much.
    Hi yourself! No i've never heard of it but i'll give it a look. she's taking Bactrim prescribed from the doctor. she is feeling a lot better and seems to be doing well.

I'd say that subs are life changing, just not in a good way. LOL although they did allow me to change my addictive ways and get off the oxy's I was on them for way too long and they are quite a bear to get off as you know.

Thanks for the heads up and have a great weekend!
    Beef
    10years39days likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Hope you are having a great weekend too my friend.
    Thanks lvg! Hope your weekend is amazing as well!! Beach day today?? I hear it's good and warm down there.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Hi yourself! No i've never heard of it but i'll give it a look. she's taking Bactrim prescribed from the doctor. she is feeling a lot better and seems to be doing well.
    Beef
    I should've posted a link for it: https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-733...000HCMK90?th=1

Please, please read the reviews. It will be the best gift you could ever give. It's been a while since I've actually read them as I've now known about d-mannose for a couple of years. When I went to find this link for you, I reread a few and forgotten the impact it has on people. I know what it did for me.

One thing she could be benefit from is maintence dosing or pretreatment if UTIs are chronic since this one is already under control. The dosing is key and the reviews are helpful with that. My GP has a bottle in her exam room so I believe it's pretty safe. You mentioned kidney stones though, so I would double check to make sure there is no contraindication as I believe d-mannose is a sugar derivative.

Hey Beef yes its a beach day but not for me..
    Work work work.... It's supposed to be hot here all week so maybe
    I'll get to the beach lol. How's things going for you my friend?

Things are good up here. Nice day today, no rain and the sun is out. But i have to help out the kid with her algebra homework today. I'm ok with it. You know me, i'm a nerd so solving equations doesn't bother me. But keeping her attention while i'm trying to explain it is difficult to say the least. Teenagers.... lol.

K is doing much better. Getting over it and doing good. Just happy to have the day off so she can be lazy.

Oh, i forgot. The kid has her first date tonight.............. Yeah, not sure how i feel about it. I guess it's part of life and letting go and all that jazz. I think i'll bust out my knife collection and put them on display. (I guess i'll have to go buy a knife collection now.) He's a good kid, but that's not gonna stop me from being the overprotective creepily hovering dad. (That's my job right?) They're going to get some pizza and play some video games.

So that's my Sunday.
    Beef

Ughhh do I have to change Fox to creepy lol. I have no suggestions on the teenager's.. Have fun with that dad lol... I have a brother that's been over protective my whole life he's built like the hulk since I was 16 no one dared to cross him. Still that way today. Algebra no clue I'm definitely not the here. So I absolutely have no experience strength or hope for Beef today... But I have faith in you... You got this.
    Weather is pretty good here.. Hot but I'm not complaining lol.. Glad all is well with k. Have a good night...

Well as nice as yesterday was. Today has been kinda c.rappy. K really pulled a muscle or something in her neck/back. She couldn't even get out of bed this morning or turn her head. So she is heading to the Dr in a bit. Secondly we found out today that she lost the baby. It's sad and we're upset but we knew this was about a 90% possibility. It just stings a little. So we got her another appt on Thursday so they can go in and make sure everything is good. And third I got a call from my mom saying that grandma is going into hospice care. They don't think she's gonna make it too much longer. Her body is just giving out on her. The last few years have been really rough for her. She fell multiple times and broke her hip twice and her forearm. But again we kinda knew this was coming. She's 97 and struggling. It's just been a sad day so far. Everyone says these things come in 3's. I got nothing else really. Just been a bit of a downer today. Feel ok though just life.........

Hope everyone has a merry presidents day!
    Beef

Oh my friend sorry to hear all you are going through. I know there's nothing I can say to take it all away. Just know we are all here for you my friend.
    My prayers are with you and your family...

I know lvg. Thanks so much. I'm ok, its just lyfe you know. Tomorrow's a new day and at least I don't have to use!! Just been a rough 24 hours.

Creepily hovering Fox

You are so inspirational...
    Proud of You...

Learned from the best!!

*Thumbs up, winking to lvg*

Hugs and kisses my friend...

*I Learn from you*

Maxheadrum is offline Member

Sending a hug your way brother.

Felt and appreciated big guy. Thanks so much!!

10years39days is offline Member

Hey Beef,

Sorry to hear the news. Life is tough, but we persevere. Sending love and positive vibes your way.

Beefaroni7272 likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Beef, I'm so sorry about everything life is throwing at you, K and your family. You know that you have tons of support on here, as well as so many people (myself included) that care about you. Just letting you know I'm thinking about you!

Thanks. 10 and Draven. I appreciate it. Sitting in the ER with K. We gotta find out what's going on with her back/neck. She is moving around better but still can't turn her head without shooting pain. Side note got a call from mom last night and grandma Rita passed last night in her sleep. From what she told me it was for the best. She was down to 70 lbs and just a shell of her former self. She's in a Bette place and not suffering anymore. So I take comfort in that. Fun week. Lol.

Can't thank you all enough for the support!!! I love you all!!

Have a great day. I know I'll poke my head in later.

Beef
    DravenDomnq and 10years39days like this.

Wavision is offline Member

Man beef, sorry for your rough week. However, it's impressive how strong you have stayed and how committed you are to staying the course through all of this.

Hopefully things take a turn for you and great things come your way.

So sorry Beef...

thefigurehead is offline Member

Wow, Beef... what a trip you are on. I guess things do come in threes. So sorry for the loss of Rita and everything else you are going through. Just know there are a lot of folks on here praying for you and sending you support.

Take care of your family and yourself. Well wishes to you.

Tim

Droppinthepoppy is offline Junior Member

Default Hey Beef!

Glad to see you are still doing well. I’m on Day 103 and the only thing I’ve been battling is depression. I have many good days though. Just checking in!

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

Brother Bear,

This time the Bear Hug is on me Brother! Two Angels got their wings & will forever guard over You & Fam.

"Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end...If not always in the way we expect it"

- Luna Lovegood

Luv & Light,

❤️
    Che

Just letting you know I am thinking of you.....

Mimi grandma is offline New Member

Hi my name is mimi im on day 13 day off 45 mg ocys a day for 8 years put on for nerve damage from a horrible surgeon who i foolishly let take out my taibone. Never can sit again and nerve pain is off the charts. But im tired of everytime I ho to hospitol or drs they dont treat me for what I go for just treat me like I want more drugs.Never went over perscribed amount but wanted to scream from pain ever 3 hrs knew it wasnt helping anymore so I knew it was time to go off. Went on kraton for 7 days but I think it just posponded the witbdraws because Hours after stopping hit full on witbdraws.So Im only counting till after kraton too. So 13 days in I want to scream because of my legs and heel pain still having skin feels like on fire and very weak . Take 2 baths a day with epsom salts to no a avail.taking calm support and turmeric when is this hell going away Im 63 and feel likecIm dying .thanks my first post

Hmmmm posting at the same time...

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast