Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree1312Likes
Day 11 of no suboxone. Looking for info.
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Beef,
    Doing a drive by to say hey....

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey you. Thanks for the drive by. Have fun in NY? Looked like a lot of snow on the weather channel for the last few days. I'm sure you're glad to get back to warmer weather.

Have a good one my friend!!

Hey hey had fun re-energized lol.
    I arrived to 9" of snow in shorts and a t-shirt
    Got a good workout shoveling for days. I'm glad k is doing well and you wow it's seems that us Addicts get clean and realise how much we neglected our health eh.
    Good job on the smoking I just can't seem to quit grrr so hard.
    Hope you have an awesome day my friend....

Hello all my forum friends. Hope the day finds you well. Doing better than I was last post. Just a little frustrated, but I just gotta roll with it. I'm doing what I can from here on out. Like I said earlier I'm not 20 anymore. Time to get healthy.

Heading down to Atlanta for a conference over the next two days with all the higher ups of the company. It's gonna be awesome!!! Can't think of anyway I'd rather spend two days. But at least it's on the company's dime. Who knows maybe I'll get a door prize. First one of these I won't have to make sure I have enough subs tucked away in my toiletry case!!! So that'll be a nice change.

That's about all from here. Gonna take the kid to get her learners permit later this week so if you're in the N GA area watch out!!! I think I'd rather chew on nails than teach a teenage girl how to drive. But that's life I suppose.

Have a great day everyone!!
    Beef

Good Morning my friend

Autumnhopes is offline Member

Thanks beef for your honest caring comments! You are a blessing here!!!

10years39days is offline Member

Hey Beef - I was watching the sunrise in the SE and thought of you and your GA apple festival story. I can remember reading that for the first time and feeling so inspired. It must've been so hard to commit to getting out of the house and being social. That's a very hard thing to do when you're not feeling well (understatement).

Anyhow...thanks Beef! It was little stories like those that pushed me forward.

Hey 10. Yeah I remember writing that and I definitely didn't feel very "inspiring" at the time. Lol. You know how it goes. That lead suit combined with the insomnia is just debilitating. But we do what we have to do. I'm so glad that my journey has helped you. That's all I can hope for. It's been a long brutal journey, but sooooo worth it. Couldn't have imagined that being clean can be this good. Sure I have days that I'm grouchy or down, or just plain tired, but I guess that's life and we have to deal with it. One day at a time and I never have to use again!!

Thanks for the kind words my friend!!
    Staying strong just for today!!
    Beef
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Good morning everyone. 6 months clean today!!! Been an interesting journey. But it's been quite an awakening and life changing transformation. Spent some time reflecting over this yesterday and it has definitely had it's ups and downs, and definitely one of the hardest things I've ever done. I know there were a few times that I almost caved early on in the first month and a half. Looking back I know that the support I received from this amazing place, along with my family are the only two reasons I stayed the course. I couldn't put them through that. And I didn't want to disappoint anyone here. It kept me accountable, and still does. For that i thank all of you.

Anyone possibly reading this who is scared or afraid to make that jump off of whatever your DOC may be. Don't be, it will be difficult. It will be hard. You will not feel good. But you will come out the other side of this a better version of yourself. Some people may not even notice it. But you will!! Every day I am amazed at how much I missed out on over the past 7-8 years. It's the little things, birds chirping, sights, sounds, smells, good company with good friends. Those little things that make life worth living. I never really understood it until I got off the junk. You can do this!! But you really, really have to want it more than anything else in the world. You gotta be comitted, and your recovery needs to come first. I know everyone here will support you!!!

I never have to use again. Thank you all so much!!!
    Just for today I'm racking up another clean, amazing day. And staying strong just for today!!

Hope you all have an amazing day today!!
    Beef

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Good morning everyone. 6 months clean today!!! Been an interesting journey. But it's been quite an awakening and life changing transformation. Spent some time reflecting over this yesterday and it has definitely had it's ups and downs, and definitely one of the hardest things I've ever done. I know there were a few times that I almost caved early on in the first month and a half. Looking back I know that the support I received from this amazing place, along with my family are the only two reasons I stayed the course. I couldn't put them through that. And I didn't want to disappoint anyone here. It kept me accountable, and still does. For that i thank all of you.

Anyone possibly reading this who is scared or afraid to make that jump off of whatever your DOC may be. Don't be, it will be difficult. It will be hard. You will not feel good. But you will come out the other side of this a better version of yourself. Some people may not even notice it. But you will!! Every day I am amazed at how much I missed out on over the past 7-8 years. It's the little things, birds chirping, sights, sounds, smells, good company with good friends. Those little things that make life worth living. I never really understood it until I got off the junk. You can do this!! But you really, really have to want it more than anything else in the world. You gotta be comitted, and your recovery needs to come first. I know everyone here will support you!!!

I never have to use again. Thank you all so much!!!
    Just for today I'm racking up another clean, amazing day. And staying strong just for today!!

Hope you all have an amazing day today!!
    Beef
    Congratulations Beef!

Not sure you knew you'd make it but I did. I've got this sixth sense for these things you know. Seriously. If you haven't already, once you've been around here long enough you get good at knowing who's committed and who isn't. All we can hope for is that anyone who is still wishy washy or quitting for the wrong reasons (like they've run out) will read enough here to know they have a choice.

You done good my friend and I'm proud of you. My huge thanks for hanging out with us and becoming one of the go-to's.

Peace,

Cat

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Hey Beef....Just Read Most of Your Thread.....Congrats on 6 months!! Sounds like you had a tough time in the first month .....and a little more....but look where your at Now!! What an incredible journey.....Nice to see that Your still posting almost Daily...Very Important in 'My Opinion"...I Know for Me.....life gets busy, as You get more Clean Time under Your Belt!! If you've seen any of My thread....you'll see what I'm trying to tell You....Please Don't ever think this Battle of addiction is "OVER"....That's not to say it doesn't get much Better....because it Does!!! You sound like your getting really close to getting back to Normal....( whatever normal is ?? )...But you know what I mean!! Your continued posting is Helping Countless Others.....Gotta Get to work.....But Just wanted to congratulate You on a Job well done!! Stay Strong Just For Today!!..."You Can't Rewrite Yesterday's Pages, But Tonorrow's Are Blank And You Have The Pen....So Write Something Good"!!.

David256 is offline Member

Congrats on 6 months clean Beef. I’ve got your ‘chip’ here for ya!

These threads and forums keep me accountable and that’s so needed in recovery, especially since cutting cold turkey on sub isn’t advised. I hope I’m where you’re at in the future with a positive retrospective.
    -Dave
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Wavision is offline Member

Congrats beef.

Do you feel like your back to 100%?

On some days? Most days?

What's the worst you feel on bad days % wise? 70...80 etc.

If you still have any symptoms at all, what are they?

I'd say I'm as close to 100% as I'm gonna get. Sure sometimes I don't sleep too well, occasionally I have some pins and needles in my legs for a while. Sometimes up sometimes down. It's really hard to say. 6 months in I've just accepted that this is my new normal. 35 years old,, been kicked around for a while. I'm gonna have some bumps and bruises. Who knows if subs are out of my system. All I know is I never have to go back!!

Onward and upward.
    Beef

As far as symptoms go.......occasional sneeze still. About once a day. And a frustrating cough that's followed me for about 3 months now. No depression, anxiety, chills, any of that other stuff. I'm good now, just gotta invest in some cough drops
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-18-2018 at 11:36 AM.

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Hey Beef.....I am SURE everything is out of your system after 6 months!! It's Funny how people often talk on here about feeling or not feeling normal.....What Is NORMAL??..In My Opinion.....And this is Just "My Opinion".....I believe it took you a little longer than some to get feeling better....Mostly because I believe you jumped at 1mg. per day.....Right?? Anyway....I know it doesn't seem like it....But that's a pretty high dose to Quit at!! More Power to You for getting through those first awful weeks!! My first attempt was jumping at ...I believe 4mg. per day.....2mg in am.....and another 2 at night....I had NO clue back then How strong this animal was/is!!! I managed to sweat out 17 days....or something like that....But then caved....That was back in 2010.....It's back then when I began to learn more about how I had been Mislead by My Sub Doctor......Talk about being MAD.....I considered a lawsuit.....but.......didn't! I did leave him a quite LONG message that wasn't very nice.........Anyway....I think you will still have a bad day now and then.....as anybody does......Is it because you took subs over 6 months ago......or is it Just a Bad day??? My opinion is that you are still getting better....The Farther You are away from that last piece of Junk.....the better!!! Will you always feel Great.....No.......None of us Do.....But stay active......eat Healthy....keep hydrated.....and best of all.....keep talking about your feelings....to US.....your friends, family, etc!! Your Doing awesome My Friend!! Stay Strong Just For Today!!.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-19-2018 at 12:08 AM.

Anonymous Guest

^^^Now, can you guys imagine putting a whole new subset of the non-hardcore drug addict population who are depressed on 2 mgs of buprenorphine? (ALKS 5461)

They think we've got problems now???!!!!

My itchy rash and I are so angry at this miserable "medicine". But at least my joints have stopped hurting finally.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-19-2018 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davepeerson View Post
    Hey Beef.....I am SURE everything is out of your system after 6 months!! It's Funny how people often talk on here about feeling or not feeling normal.....What Is NORMAL??..In My Opinion.....And this is Just "My Opinion".....I believe it took you a little longer than some to get feeling better....Mostly because I believe you jumped at 1mg. per day.....Right?? Anyway....I know it doesn't seem like it....But that's a pretty high dose to Quit at!! More Power to You for getting through those first awful weeks!! My first attempt was jumping at ...I believe 4mg. per day.....2mg in am.....and another 2 at night....I had NO clue back then How strong this animal was/is!!! I managed to sweat out 17 days....or something like that....But then caved....That was back in 2010.....It's back then when I began to learn more about how I had been Mislead by My Sub Doctor......Talk about being MAD.....I considered a lawsuit.....but.......didn't! I did leave him a quite LONG message that wasn't very nice.........Anyway....I think you will still have a bad day now and then.....as anybody does......Is it because you took subs over 6 months ago......or is it Just a Bad day??? My opinion is that you are still getting better....The Farther You are away from that last piece of Junk.....the better!!! Will you always feel Great.....No.......None of us Do.....But stay active......eat Healthy....keep hydrated.....and best of all.....keep talking about your feelings....to US.....your friends, family, etc!! Your Doing awesome My Friend!! Stay Strong Just For Today!!.
    Hey Dave. Yup 1mg. Didn't really know much about the drug until I stumbled here and began reading. After that I kinda knew it was gonna be rough. But I wasn't gonna go back. I was just done. No more for this guy. Before the jump I thought 1mg, such a tiny sliver, this should be a piece of cake. Boy was I wrong. But it's all behind me now. I've read that since it stores up in your body and long half life and this factor and that, monster doses for 5years blah blah blah. Some people say it takes years to get completely out of your system. But I stopped worrying about that a few months ago. Who cares, all I know is I still feel better every day, and it's a h.ell of a lot better than that first miserable week. 17 days off from 4mg??? Wow!! I tip my hat to you sir. Couldn't even imagine. My sub doc was the same way. Completely ignorant, not once in 5 years did he drop dosage or even think about getting me clean. He just wanted his money, and that's ok. But after I had a toe and a half removed last March I knew I had to change something. And subs were tops on my list. Wasn't gonna be that guy going to the same sub doc for 30 years. I now realize that not every day is gonna be unicorns farting out rainbows and sprinkles. But that's life right?? We were just too numb to realize it. Every day was the same. But like I said earlier, sooooo much better than that first week, and more than I could have ever hoped for!!!

Think I'll stop there, think I'm bouncing all over the place right now.
    Hope you have a great day Dave!!
    Beef
    davepeerson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1232 View Post
    ^^^Now, can you guys imagine putting a whole new subset of the non-hardcore drug addict population who are depressed on 2 mgs of buprenorphine? (ALKS 5461)

They think we've got problems now???!!!!

My itchy rash and I are so angry at this miserable "medicine". But at least my joints have stopped hurting finally.
    Did a little reading and I can't believe they're using this for depression. I know I was more depressed when I was on subs. Wow. I mean it may work for some people but there have to be better options than a crazy strong opiate right???

Whatz up fox

Danni renee is offline New Member

Keeping an eye on your posts. You cold try some over the counter benadryl. There are medications your Dr can give you that will help for short term use such as: Clonidine for anxiety and/or high blood pressure, insomnia (all associated with withdraws), zofran for Nausea, methocarbonal for muscle spasms, Vistaril for anxiety, and there are a number of antidepressants that have an anti-anxiety component, Trazadone for sleep. Drs usually have no issue prescribing any of these meds as none of them are controlled, and sounds like you would benefit. I am very proud of you for even the smallest steps you have taken toward sobriety. Getting clean is hard, trust me, I know, staying clean is even harder. You will definitely see exactly what your made of. You are doing better everyday it seems and continue to stay focused on the prize. I was addicted to Vicodin 5/325mg, taking as many as 60 a day. Long story short eventually ended up on life support from pneumonia associated with the drug use. I wasn't supposed to live but I am still here. But that taught me nothing, on life support about every 6 months due to all the lung damage the pills done. I started suboxone in September 8mg twice a day. Took it till December and my Dr wouldn't titrateit said I needed to wait. So I just bit the bullet and took one a day for 4 days then quit. Yes I had wds but with some of the meds listed above it was bearable. I have now been off everything for almost 4 months. So sorry to go on and on but man you really do got this. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Best wishes,
    Danni renee

Thanks Dani. I'm good now. It was a rough ride for about a monthish or so but I'm great now coming up on 7 months clean. I gotta say, congratulations on 4 months yourself. Did I read that right you jumped from 8mg??? I tip my hat to you there, that's warrior status. Sleep, depression, fatigue, and rls seemed to be the worst for me. But they all gradually got better with time.

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!
    Beef
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Happy Holidays Fox

Just feeling blah and in the doldrums today. Monday's always suck but I just got some depression that I can't shake today. Job has been a bit overly stressful past few weeks and because I have idiots working for me I've been having to work on Sundays and it's just wearing thin. So I'm sure im a little frustrated about that. K and the kid are good. No worries about them. I'm just tired, starting to become a disgruntled employee a bit. And that's not good for anybody. We've been talking about moving back to FL over the past month and are probably gonna pull the trigger some time this summer, or at least that's the plan that's been penciled in. But these past few weeks I'm thinking that summer can't get here fast enough. I don't know, GA has been great. Met K got me clean from oxy and then subs have a good job. Things are good up here. But it just doesn't feel like home. The week we spent down there for Thanksgiving felt more like home than anything. I think it's just time for a change. I feel like I'm whining a bit, playing the poor pitiful me card. I know it's just a feeling and it will pass. Maybe I just need a day off to recharge my batteries, get away from this place for a bit.

Just feel off today.
    Not myself.

There's my whine for the day, hope everyone has a great day!!
    Beef

Hey Beef... Whine away..
    Yup just a feeling this too shall pass
    All normal human emotions my friend its how we deal with it all today.
    We don't have to take the garbage to numb our feelings... So give yourself a
    break take a breath and know all will be well.
    I'm here for you my friend....

Hey smiley

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Hey smiley
    I'm trying to be grouchy and you're not helping matters!!!

Lol

Your welcome lol

I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised that the site is now advertising Thomas English Muffins instead of suboxone and methadone clinics.

I need some nooks and crannies perfection in my life!!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

I would been by sooner but I heard there was a grouchy bear in the house so wanted to make sure he was sleeping. I just wanted to return the tutu Armando left at the stables. (It sort of resembles yours so you might want to check.)

* Note to Grouchy Bear: Mercury is in Retrograde *

Don’t Worry- Beee Happy,

❤️
    CC

Good Morning Beef...
    Grateful for another day alive and clean...

*will post later I have a craving for English muffins *

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast