Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree1312Likes
Day 11 of no suboxone. Looking for info.
    Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefChe View Post
    I would been by sooner but I heard there was a grouchy bear in the house so wanted to make sure he was sleeping. I just wanted to return the tutu Armando left at the stables. (It sort of resembles yours so you might want to check.)

* Note to Grouchy Bear: Mercury is in Retrograde *

Don’t Worry- Beee Happy,

❤️
    CC
    Hey CC. Thanks for stopping by and dropping off Armando's tutu. He's been looking for it for a while now. Dam Mercury, shoulda known. Chaos ensues, gotta keep an eye on that. Nobody likes a grouchy bear. I was good after lvg few me a couple of sentences that made me smile. (I still don't know how she does that, gotta be a wizard or something) After that I threw on Pandora and rocked of 80's style to some Journey radio and I instantly felt better.

Again thanks for stopping by!!

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Good Morning Beef...
    Grateful for another day alive and clean...

*will post later I have a craving for English muffins *
    Morning lvg. Hope you got your English muffins. Mine were amazeballs!!! Just wanted to say thanks again!!

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Good morning everyone. Had a decent day yesterday. Got away from the job for a bit, but that didn't stop them from calling me 3 times in the morning asking stupid questions. So I had my fire hat on and put out a few fires before I got up and made K and the kid breakfast. Filled our bellies and went down to her eye appt. And yes, she is getting dam near blind, well not really but her eyesight is getting worse. So she has to get bifocals made. So of course I teased her unmercifully, told her she is gonna look like one of those old timey librarians. She was a good sport about it, and I treated for lunch to make up for it.

Got home and she started feeling flu ish. Took her to the DR and she apparently has bronchitis, a sinus infection, an ear infection, and they said it was all due to allergies. Which I thought was a little.....off. So they gave her a steroid shot in the booty, a steroid to take 5 times a day, albuterol inhaler, flonase, zyrtec, and a rx cough medicine. Said she needs to take all of this stuff until December. Sounds a bit much to me. I can see the flonase and zyrtec and even the inhaler, but a steroid for 8 months?? Really??

But then again I'm no DR. I guess we'll just go see her pcp when she starts feeling better. She's in bed now, she was gonna try to work today. But I wouldn't let her, she was hacking all night and didn't really get any sleep.

Other than that I'm better. Back at work. Batteries recharged (ish) got a few DR appts next week myself so I got that to look forward to!!! A few meeting here and there. You know....life stuff.

Hope everyone has a great day
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare and DravenDomnq like this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Yup lyfe stuff...
    Glad your feeling better my friend...
    Have a great day..

*from this Ole timey librarian *
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Beef, I'm about a month plus late, but CONGRATS on your clean time! That's awesome my friend! Hope you're having a great day today, and that you and K are doing well!!

Maxheadrum is offline Member

Straight forward and to the marrow of the bone. I respect that a lot in people. I've read so many of your posts Cat and although you and I have yet to have any one on one conversations, I can't help but wonder if you've read my posts and what your 6th sense thinks about them.

Beef-

Long time no talk my friend.

First, super congrats on the 6 month mark!

Really appreciate your perspective so much. Like many countless others, I really enjoy reading your thoughts and how raw and real your comments are.

You step through this site and your words transcend the type and come alive right before us all.

Not sure if you've ever thought about writing a book but I'm sure there are many (including me) that would pounce on the chance to read more stories and thoughts about how you made your mind up to be alive and well in your recovery.

Your words of hope and fear and redemption have helped thousands, I'm sure of it.

Thank you for opening your heart and mind and letting us in on all of it.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey max. Congratulations to you as well my friend. Thanks for the kind words, im truly humbled. Beef the author....... honestly I've never thought about it. I don't think I have enough bull chit in me to fill a book. Lol. Who knows maybe some day. But for now I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. Still early in this recovery game and still a daily grind sometimes. You know good days and bad. All that good stuff. It's been an amazing journey for sure and I wouldn't trade a minute of it for the world. All I can hope for is that my journey has helped that one person.

You sound great my friend!!
    Thanks for stopping by!!
    Hope you have an amazing day!
    Beef

Good Morning number one...

*from number 2*

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

Brother B-

I don’t know about you but I am Soooo ready for Mercury to go Direct! I knew it was gonna be a doozie since it fell in our beloved Flamethrowers zone (Aries).

Until then, we hang on & take it as it comes- am I right?? Boi, this Life on Life terms business is no joke BUT soooo much easier without that monkey on my back.

Thanks for slidin’ on that Tutu for me- much needed. Speaking of tutu’s, how’s the twinkle toes doin’?

Tough Times Don’t Last; Tough People DO,

❤️
    CC

Hey smiley you on vacation I don't see you posting?

Been a fun 24 hours. Spent most of the wee hours of the morning doing math homework with the kid because she has been neglecting it. So that was fun. Got a company conference call at 2pm but I'll be around most of the night. Just life stuff. Taking it with a smile though.

Thanks for checking in.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefChe View Post
    Brother B-

I don’t know about you but I am Soooo ready for Mercury to go Direct! I knew it was gonna be a doozie since it fell in our beloved Flamethrowers zone (Aries).

Until then, we hang on & take it as it comes- am I right?? Boi, this Life on Life terms business is no joke BUT soooo much easier without that monkey on my back.

Thanks for slidin’ on that Tutu for me- much needed. Speaking of tutu’s, how’s the twinkle toes doin’?

Tough Times Don’t Last; Tough People DO,

❤️
    CC
    Dam that Mercury!!! Always messing things up. Twinkle toes are getting checked out tomorrow. Got a Dr appt with my podiatrist. It's healing but just slowly. Of course I've been trying to stay off it as much as possible and keep them warm and dry and all the mumbo jumbo. He wants me to only be on my feet for 10 minutes out of every hour. And it's tough at work. I hate staying in my office!!! But it's better than losing another toe for sure. Only got 8.5 left, can't afford that!!! Dam my poor circulation, and diabetic feet even though I'm not diabetic. (Been checked like 6 times this year and every time they're shocked when it comes back negative.) Ooh I know, can I blame Mercury???? It's gotta be it's fault right.......

Thanks for stopping by!!
    Have a great night!!
    Brother Beef (ar)
    DravenDomnq and thefigurehead like this.

10years39days is offline Member

Hey, um, I'm here for a book signing by Mr. Steele Rockland?

Haha!! You like that one huh. I'm a little partial to Sir Chuck Steak. Or maybe just Sir Loin. Lol

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

*Peeks out from underneath her rock*

That Planet, in which I will not name, turned Direct....Finally!! Is it safe for me to come out yet?

Hoping all is well with My Twinkle Toes, K, & “Kid”. Don’t turn around too fast b/c those little boogers grow fast. We just entered Prom season over here. Give All Thanks & Praises were not throwing away our money on that garage anymore b/c them dresses ain’t cheap.

One more thing b4 I crawl out to bask in the darkness of the New Moon. I was leaning towards Chuck Steak- only b/c The Name Game really gets poppin’ when Chuck’s name get thrown in. Then, I thought to myself, since the is a memoir you should go with something a tidbit more sophisticated. Something like Beef Wellington or Beef Silverfox. Or you could just keep it all the way you & use Beef Cakes!!

Second Star To The Right & Straight On ‘Til Morning,

❤️
    CC

Luna1959 is offline Member

Good morning Beef i saw that you checked up on me thank you so much. Did you notice my calculations and see if I cut my strips to make my dose .75mg. I am using the film cutting guide and it's s really hard to read because the templet measurements are so tiny. I was woundering if you ever used one or saw what one looked like. If you know of an eaiser way to cut the sub strips can you let me know. I would really appreciate it. I would have been a lot further along by now if i made my cuts right. Have a wounderful day.
    Luna

ForMe30 is offline Member

Hey there Beef
    I read on here that you take DLPA. What brand do you take and how many mg a day? I’m on day 14 and have been here many times to know this is when horrible depression starts. I want to be super prepared bc I know it will pass but from what I read from you, it really helped.

I just purchased the Solaray (sp) from a local vitamin shop. I’m going to start it tomorrow in the am Thanks Beef!

Hey Beef
    How many hours apart did you take your second dose of DLPA? I can’t find any info on the web?

8 hours roughly. 7am and 3pm
    ForMe30 likes this.

Don’t know if it’s a placebo effect or what but the DLPA supplements are amazing. I feel less tired and more motivated. Also and this is insane to me but yesterday my back was bad but kept fighting and didn’t take Aleive and figured I’d take another dose of DLPA (that’s why I asked about the hours in between) and after about 2 hrs the pain was gone! So thank you thank you Beef!
    I’m also taking it with vit. B, D & E, magnesium, and DHEA.

I don’t know if this is too good to be true. Is it safe to take this all the time? Do you build a tolerance? This seriously works as good (maybe better) than Wellbutrin without any side effects.

Swerving by to say hello. And I noticed your grass and landscaping looks awesome. Pay no attention to the uprooted flowers I took!

Hope you are well my friend !

Quote Originally Posted by ForMe30 View Post
    Don’t know if it’s a placebo effect or what but the DLPA supplements are amazing. I feel less tired and more motivated. Also and this is insane to me but yesterday my back was bad but kept fighting and didn’t take Aleive and figured I’d take another dose of DLPA (that’s why I asked about the hours in between) and after about 2 hrs the pain was gone! So thank you thank you Beef!
    I’m also taking it with vit. B, D & E, magnesium, and DHEA.

I don’t know if this is too good to be true. Is it safe to take this all the time? Do you build a tolerance? This seriously works as good (maybe better) than Wellbutrin without any side effects.
    As far as I know you don't build a tolerance to it. Early on when I started to feel better I ran out and had to wait 2 days for the health food store to order more. I didn't feel any "w/d" symptoms. I did feel a little less energy and it seemed like the fog came back for a bit. But other than that no issues. Do some reading online. There's tons of info on it. I read somewhere that recommended taking 4 capsules 3 times a day during acute w/d. Me personally it seemed like a bit much. And the dosing schedule I was using was working great. So if it ain't broke don't fix it. Right??

I'm glad it's working out for you. Like I said earlier I can't speak highly enough about it. Great stuff!!!

Have a great day!!
    Beef
    ForMe30 likes this.

Well.. figure I'll bust out an update. Been good for the most part. No issues from K and the kid. They are great. K's a little frustrated with her job and moving to FL looks better each day. But we gotta wait until the kids school is over. So we got some time to get everything in order.

Toe is good, healing nice and slowly. But not gonna lose it so I'm happy about that. Did go see the other doc on Thursday and he wants to do surgery to remove a "benign mass" but it seemed like he really didn't know what he was talking about. He took a picture of it and had to confer with his brother who is a dr. In N.Y. So I was a little deflated and I think I'll get a second opinion on that matter before I have to go under the knife. Just fun life and getting older stuff I guess. And I'm sick again. Grrrr!!!! Went to Dr yesterday and got an awesome upper respiratory infection and a viral infection to boot. I swear I've been sick more in the last 7 months than I was over the past 5 years. I guess the junk really messes with our body chemistry.

But other than that I'm in good spirits. Got a steroid, antibiotic, cough suppressant, decongestant. I'm a walking pharmacy right now. Lol.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
    Beef
    OKC-26, Lvg nghtmare and ForMe30 like this.

Anonymous Guest

Beef - I am sorry you are so sick. At least it's not the sick we all do not want.

I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for the suggestion of DPLA (is that the correct name)? I always get the letters mixed up. I am not sure if it's in my head, but it does act like Wellbutrin without the side effects. I hope you feel better soon.

Hope
    Beefaroni7272 and ForMe30 like this.

Hey hopes. Glad the DLPA works for you. It did wonders for me!! Definately helps the mental "funk" and everything that goes with it. Like I said earlier I'm in good spirits. Just dealing with the new "normal" so to speak. I guess we neglected ourselves for so long on the junk we're bound to have some lingering issues. If the occasional sniffles is the price I gotta pay to be clean I'll happily get some more tissues. Last time I got sick lvg reminded me that "this too shall pass" lol. The other stuff, I guess I'm not a teenager anymore so that's life.

Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words.
    Have an amazing day!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare and ForMe30 like this.

Hello stopping by to say hello.
    Let me get through Stanley cup first than my Jets eh... No pressure from the home team. So go Bolts....

Good Morning Fox, pretty quiet in GA. How we doing my friend?

Hey lvg. Yesterday was corporate inspection day!!! Had all kinds of big "important" people running around my little slice of heaven. So didn't really get to post. Got home and just passed out. Things went well though. I bought myself about 6 months of Not seeing them again. How's things for you?
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast