Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree1312Likes
Day 11 of no suboxone. Looking for info.
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Beef, as I'm sitting here reading threads I see you posting your experience strength and hope to others...wow awesome.. your an inspiration to all here..stick around awhile we need you.. Stay Strong for Today..
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Lol. Thanks lvg. You won't get rid of me that easy. Don't plan on going anywhere. I just hope some of the info or advice I'm giving helps. I know I'm not a doctor and don't know everything about different types of meds. But I just hope that some of what I share to people helps in any way shape or form. I know most people just read the threads but for the first week or so whenever someone posted on my thread I was like a kid on Christmas waiting to open my present. Couldn't wait to see what wisdom and inspiration all my new friends were bringing me. Like I have said before this site has saved me and I cherish all these new friendships I am making. If I can give some of that back to someone and make their grueling journey to recovery a little bit easier I take some pride and joy in that. I'll be here for a while I can promise that!!!

You guys rock!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare and Catrina like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Lol. Thanks lvg. You won't get rid of me that easy. Don't plan on going anywhere. I just hope some of the info or advice I'm giving helps. I know I'm not a doctor and don't know everything about different types of meds. But I just hope that some of what I share to people helps in any way shape or form. I know most people just read the threads but for the first week or so whenever someone posted on my thread I was like a kid on Christmas waiting to open my present. Couldn't wait to see what wisdom and inspiration all my new friends were bringing me. Like I have said before this site has saved me and I cherish all these new friendships I am making. If I can give some of that back to someone and make their grueling journey to recovery a little bit easier I take some pride and joy in that. I'll be here for a while I can promise that!!!

You guys rock!!
    Beef
    What's that???? You slept well again last night? Is that what I'm reading? YAY!!!!!!!! Me? Not so much. lol I napped for 20 minutes at a time for a couple of hours and around 2 I threw the towel in and just watched TV until about 5 then got up and started my day. Doesn't make much sense but even though I started a good 3 hours earlier than usual, it's now 1:30pm and I'm about 6 hours behind. I've usually checked and returned all of my work emails and caught up on the Forum by 6:30am or so and I'm only now just getting to it. I've got my feet up and now I'm thinking that I suppose everyone is going to expect to eat again today. I think I just fed them last night. Go figure. Wonder what's easy to throw together. Hmmmmm Might be a take-out night.

I'm sure I'll see you check in later to let us know how your day is going. I know it's going to be another good one. (Told you so.)

Peace,

Cat

Lol. Yes I know. Me the guy who slept for 2-3 hours a night for what seemed like an eternity. Energy is a little better with more sleep. What am I saying, everything Is better with more sleep. Hoping I turned the corner when it comes to sleeping. Would love to lump more of these nights together. Good day today. I'm thinking that keeping a good outlook really helps with everything. Looking forward to this weekend. Going down to Atlanta for Walker Stalker comic-con. Gonna be really fun. Never been to one before. (I know I'm a big nerd) it's an all day thing so I'm sure I'll need to sit down at some point and take a nap like a 90 year old grandpa. Lol. Thanks again to all and have a great rest of the day

Staying strong!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey guys just about to start working. Slept ok last night, not through the night though. I guess they all can't be winners yet. But we'll get there. In good spirits today. Just had a visit from family friends who I've known all my life from back home in Florida. I guess they were driving through on their way to Tennessee. It was great to see them haven't seen them in about ten years. So far a good day. Gonna see how long my energy lasts today. It's gonna be a good day!!! Gotta figure how to lihht the pilot on my furnace. Cause its butt cold up here now. Well only 35 but when you got c.r.a.p.p.y. insulation in the house it makes for a cold night. Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Stay strong
    Beef
    Catrina and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Hey guys just about to start working. Slept ok last night, not through the night though. I guess they all can't be winners yet. But we'll get there. In good spirits today. Just had a visit from family friends who I've known all my life from back home in Florida. I guess they were driving through on their way to Tennessee. It was great to see them haven't seen them in about ten years. So far a good day. Gonna see how long my energy lasts today. It's gonna be a good day!!! Gotta figure how to lihht the pilot on my furnace. Cause its butt cold up here now. Well only 35 but when you got c.r.a.p.p.y. insulation in the house it makes for a cold night. Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Stay strong
    Beef
    You know, I love your attitude. Sorry last night wasn't as great as the last couple but this is the way it goes and so long as it's better than it was then that's called progress.

How nice that you had old friends drop in. I know that you had to have enjoyed that immensely. OH NO! The cold. Still unusually warm here but they keep saying that it's going to change. Lots of rain yesterday and again today but we need it.

I know I'll see you later. Have a sparkling day!

Peace,

Cat

Yea Beef, You are inspiring many. Have I told you Today I'm Proud of You.. Stay Strong for Today...

You are doing amazing. Your positivity is definitely inspiring

Hey Julz. Thanks so much. All i hope is that something that i share helps someone in some way shape or form. I know how i felt when i first got here inwas so scared to admit to myself that i was an addict and it felt so good once i did. I'm just being me and trying to help out my new friends!!

Stay strong!
    Beef

Good morning everyone. Didn't sleep well again last night but they all can't be winners. Still feeling good. Energy is returning slowly and still feel better than a week ago. Things are good taking it one at time. That's about it I'll check back later. Hope everyone has a great morning.

Stay strong!
    Beef

Good morning everyone. Didn't sleep well again last night but they all can't be winners. Still feeling good. Energy is returning slowly and still feel better than a week ago. Things are good taking it one at time. That's about it I'll check back later. Hope everyone has a great morning.

Stay strong!
    Beef
    Good Morning,

Bleh on the bad night. It'll turn around again but in the meantime, it totally sux not being able to sleep. Are you trying Melatonin,
    Valarian Root and/or Sleepy Time Tea? I know that sounds hokey but they really do sometimes help. I tried all three very early on in my recovery. I'd take the Melatonin with a strong cup of Sleepy Time Tea just before bedtime and it certainly relaxed me. That was just days after my cold turkey and to be honest, it didn't make me sleep but I doubt at that point anything would. I suspect if I kept doing that at some point it would have induced sleep but I gave up on it too soon. You have started to be able to sleep so just maybe it will be enough to make it better. Worth a try if you haven't already. The Melatonin and Valarian Root can usually be found easily at the grocery store in the vitamin aisle. Depending upon the store, the Tea can be there too or more likely it'll be the coffee and tea bunched in with the herbal teas.

Check in later. Hope your Friday goes well.

Peace,

Cat

Sleep.... your feeling great...you are a winner... Stay Strong for Today..

Lol. Yeah you know I've been fighting this battle since I first got here. I've got all that good stuff just sitting on my nightstand taunting me. Tried each one for about 3 days, 10 mg melatonin, right before bed, no lights. Valerian root was hit and miss. Sleepy time tea relaxed me, but nothing sleep wise. And I tried some Tylenol pm which helped but I didn't want to make it a habit. I know I'm close, had 2 nights in a row. So I'm knocking on sandmans door. Just need a little more time. I'm almost there, at least I'm not in zombie mode anymore. Still keeping a positive outlook and smiling faking it only a little and making it. Lol. Thanks for checking in on me cat. Always happy to see a post from you!!

Beef
    Catrina likes this.

And you lvg!!! You're the real winner!! Coming up on a year soon huh!! Congratulations, so proud of you. You gonna bust out the Daisey dukes to celebrate?? Lol

Stay Strong
    Beef
    GoodDaysAhead likes this.

Lol. Yeah you know I've been fighting this battle since I first got here. I've got all that good stuff just sitting on my nightstand taunting me. Tried each one for about 3 days, 10 mg melatonin, right before bed, no lights. Valerian root was hit and miss. Sleepy time tea relaxed me, but nothing sleep wise. And I tried some Tylenol pm which helped but I didn't want to make it a habit. I know I'm close, had 2 nights in a row. So I'm knocking on sandmans door. Just need a little more time. I'm almost there, at least I'm not in zombie mode anymore. Still keeping a positive outlook and smiling faking it only a little and making it. Lol. Thanks for checking in on me cat. Always happy to see a post from you!!

Beef
    Yeah. I know. I did the same thing. Those stupid bottles of Melatonin and the Valarian Root sat on my beside table and I didn't really give them a chance. Try them again, Beef. You have nothing to lose. Some time has passed and as you so aptly put it, you're knocking on the sandman's door. Maybe now it'll push you through. Worth a try.

You're doing great keeping yourself in the right mindset. It isn't easy but you're so determined that I have no doubt that you'll get through this. Even in cyberspace I can see the monster difference in you from a month ago to today. You're incredible and your thread is going to help so many others.

Peace,

Cat

You're right. I'll give em another shot tonight and let you know how it goes. Yeah looking back I do feel like another person from where I was a month ago!!! What did you guys pound in my head? This too shall pass, time is the greatest healer. First few times I read those I wanted to throw my dam phone against a wall and scream at you guys for not having some crazy witches brew to make me feel better. But it's true and I'm a believer. I hope this helps some people out there who are too scared to post or whatever. I know I was lurking for a day or two and I finally said to h.e.l.l. with it. Someone has to be able to help me. and there you all were. Been quite a ride for sure but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Staying strong!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare and Sodone80 like this.

Thank You Beef..nope no Daisy Dukes...so what am I doing to celebrate we'll share my experience strength and hope for the newcomer...I'm all about reaching that one person.. Stay Strong For Today..

Couldn't have said it any better lvg.

Long day at work today. Kept me busy and moving so that's a good thing. Feel tired and looking forward to laying down and closing my eyes. Gonna try some of my sleeping supplements again tonight. We'll see if I have better luck with them this time around. Fingers crossed!! Looking forward to tomorrow. Gonna be a good day!! Atlanta here i come.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
    Stay strong
    Beef

Couldn't have said it any better lvg.

Long day at work today. Kept me busy and moving so that's a good thing. Feel tired and looking forward to laying down and closing my eyes. Gonna try some of my sleeping supplements again tonight. We'll see if I have better luck with them this time around. Fingers crossed!! Looking forward to tomorrow. Gonna be a good day!! Atlanta here i come.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
    Stay strong
    Beef
    Oh good. Try the Melatonin or Valarian Root and let us know tomorrow if they worked.

Atlanta? Work or pleasure? Either way, have a good trip, be safe and remember to check in.

Peace,

Cat

Jgray19896 is offline Member

Took a bit of a hiatus from the forum since I stumbled pretty hard in my own journey. Just wanted to say that I don't follow many posts but I have followed yours. You're an inspiration to me and I'm sure a lot of other people. Keep going, keep posting, and know that there's people pulling strength from your story, even if they don't voice it.

-J

Morning my friends. Good night last tried valerian root again last night. Slept through the night!!!!! (Insert golf clap here) lol. I think you're right Cat I just abandoned them too early and got frustrated. Feeling real good today. We'll see how long it lasts!! Definitely pleasure for the ATL comic con for TWD. Been looking forward for a while now. I'll be back around some time today. Hope everyone has an amazing day!!!

Staying strong!
    Beef

Thanks jgray. As you know it's been a challenge. But I'm getting there. Good days are here. A few minor things here and there but it's to be expected. Welcome back!! Everyone stumbles now and again. The important thing is youre here. Happy to see your post. Keep doing the next right thing!!!

Stay strong!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Morning Beef... thanks for the kind words.. atl Comic Con... did I say nerd..lol... have a wonderful Day... Stay Strong for Today..

Yeah definately embracing my inner nerd today. Just a month ago the thought of walking around a big a.s.s. building all day would have made me tired. You're right. This is way better!!!!!

Thanks again
    staying strong
    Beef

Oh good!!!! I'm glad that the Valarian helped. I hope that it's your answer for now and it'll keep working. For the next little bit, I'd go ahead and take it before bedtime. After awhile, maybe a couple of weeks(?), go to bed just a little earlier than usual and give it 20 or 30 minutes to see if you're going to fall asleep. If you don't, then take the Valarian. Valarian is natural, non-addictive so there's nothing wrong with taking it. Even so, if it were me I'd keep checking and try to get to a place where I would only take it when I had to. Having said that, it's my recovering addict attitude talking and I don't particularly like the idea of needing anything all of the time. You know? Your call though. For now at the very least, USE IT! In fact, I'm going to find my old bottle of Valarian and move it back to my bedside table and try it again when I have a bad night.

Hope you have a fun, fun day. Catch us up later.

Peace,

Cat

Happy Sunday everyone. Just got to work. Gonna be awesome!! Lol. Had a great time yesterday. Got to see a bunch of actors from TWD. And they also had actors from Sons of Anarchy, and Lost. Definitely a good time, spent more money than I wanted but was so glad to do it and not have to save it for subs!!!! So many people there, glad I'm not chlostrophobic. Not sure if I spelled that one right but o well. Sleep was good last night. Only woke up once, not sure what time it was but was able to go back to sleep. Gonna be a good day today. A little chilly today in the north GA mountains. Not supposed to get above 38. Just glad I got the furnace lit. I'm sure I'll be back later today. Hope everyone has an amazing day!!

Staying strong
    Beef

Happy Sunday everyone. Just got to work. Gonna be awesome!! Lol. Had a great time yesterday. Got to see a bunch of actors from TWD. And they also had actors from Sons of Anarchy, and Lost. Definitely a good time, spent more money than I wanted but was so glad to do it and not have to save it for subs!!!! So many people there, glad I'm not chlostrophobic. Not sure if I spelled that one right but o well. Sleep was good last night. Only woke up once, not sure what time it was but was able to go back to sleep. Gonna be a good day today. A little chilly today in the north GA mountains. Not supposed to get above 38. Just glad I got the furnace lit. I'm sure I'll be back later today. Hope everyone has an amazing day!!

Staying strong
    Beef
    OK. Got a a question: What is TWD? Help me out here. I'm not a big TV fan. I watch the news, football, and movies and that's about it. My guilty pleasure is The Voice but aside from that, I don't watch any series. Sleepless nights I might find reruns of Law and Order. I have heard of Sons of Anarchy but have never seen it. Very cool though! It must have been a blast.

Another good night? Wait a minute. I have to get this into my little book where I keep track of people like you. Ha! Just so good to hear. 38 degrees??? That's too cold for this time of year and you say you're in N. Georgia? So much for moving South for more temperate weather! I'm in the Northeast and yesterday was bright and sunny and I think it got up to nearly 60 degrees but with no wind it felt warmer than that. Not sure what's going on with the weather today but for now it looks like rain. I'm ready to check the weather channel in a few minutes.

Let's see. What are my plans for today? Oh yeah. I'm still stuck having to do plenty of bed rest. Grrrrrrr. This laying around stuff doesn't suit me at all. I'm so sick of it but I have to behave myself this time. I can't imagine messing this surgery up and having a repeat. NO MORE SURGERIES FOR ME!! At least not for a long time I hope. I'm going to get groceries to restock the cupboard for my grand's lunches and get something for dinner and that's my exciting day. The Pat's are on at 1 so I'll be glued in front of the TV for that and then maybe a movie. So exciting, isn't it? lol

Have a great day, I know you will and check in later, I know you will.

Peace,

Cat

TWD= The Walking Dead. I've never seen the voice, heard its decent. I kinda stopped watching all reality tv when a few years ago it seemed like every Tom, Dick, and Harry had a show about their life. I get that kinda stuff on a day to day basis. But it seems to have slowed down. I'm not too happy I'm missing the 1:00 games today. Although my Bucs are not faring too well this year. Oh well, we haven't really had a decent team sijlnce we won the super bowl in 2001. God I miss Jon Gruden. Lol. We Tampa bay fans have learned to live with disappointment. Groceries today huh. Sounds like a blast!!! I think I'm planning to have a dish washing party when I get home today!!!! Can't wait for that. Lol. Gonna be a good day. I feel you on the surgeries. Sorry you're laid up in the bed so much. Had 2 toes removed back in April and I couldn't walk for 3 weeks. It was brutal. Think I watched every show on Netflix. But I got such cabin fever. And when I finally could go out I got to ride around in the rascals in wal mart. So I had that going for me. I had fun with it. Lol. Riding around honking the horn at all the kids and driving right at them making them move. It's the simple things in life that make me laugh. Lol. No I didn't do that but I really wanted to. Hope you have a great day Cat. No more surgeries if possible!!

Staying strong
    Beef

Just walked outside and we got snow today!!!!! Nothing sticking yet but these people in GA don't know how to deal with any amount of snow. I think cat that that is this cold front that is making its way across the country. I'm thinking you should get some cooler weather starting tomorrow. We got a bunch of rain yesterday. So you may just be a day behind us. Stay warm!!!

Beef

What... snow... honking your horn..that's awful..may you be blessed with the small pleasure of 10,000 kids trick or treating lol....Beef keep up the positive attitude.... Stay Strong for Today...

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast