Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree1312Likes
Day 11 of no suboxone. Looking for info.
    Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Lol. Yeah I know, snow before halloween. Crazy. Everyone says we're gonna have a bad winter this year. But whatever I love the cold. I'll go make some huge snow angels. Lol. I fortunately do not have to worry about all those trick or treaters as I live way out in BFE. My closest neighbor is about two miles away. Lol. So I'll buy the candy and just sit around and be fat all night. I'm sure that there's no safe place for you to hide lvg. I'm sure you'll get bombarded by those wonderful darling children all night. Lol

Stay strong.
    Beef
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Lol. Yeah I know, snow before halloween. Crazy. Everyone says we're gonna have a bad winter this year. But whatever I love the cold. I'll go make some huge snow angels. Lol. I fortunately do not have to worry about all those trick or treaters as I live way out in BFE. My closest neighbor is about two miles away. Lol. So I'll buy the candy and just sit around and be fat all night. I'm sure that there's no safe place for you to hide lvg. I'm sure you'll get bombarded by those wonderful darling children all night. Lol

Stay strong.
    Beef
    I'm with you Beef. I live in the middle of East Butt F. I buy a few full sized candy bars and put them into a small bag with a little cash for my grandchildren. I don't think I've had a treat or treater in probably 30 years and that was only because my house was the meeting place for my kids's friends so I'd have something for each of them but that's about it. For my own kids and grandkids we have to get into the car and drive to another area of town where there are houses closer together. I guess that's not really right intruding into another neighborhood but whatcha gonna do? Our Town also has an event on the Town Common called Trunk or Treat. People go up and park there with their trunks open and the kids go from car to car instead of house to house. Works!

A dish washing marathon, huh? Oh that does sound like a blast. Sorry about your Bucs. I give you folks a lot of credit for being loyal to them. I don't like fair weather fans. I'm obviously a Pat's fan (maybe not obviously but I do live in MA). People either love them or hate them. I'm old enough to remember the glory days of the Dallas Cowboys and I have to admit that I would watch them hoping the'd get their butts kicked. My daughter, when she was a teenager, was a huge Giants fan. That was in the Phil Simms days. She came to her senses when she got a little older and now she's a die hard Pat's fan. My son, when he was much younger was a Red Skins fan. Again, many moons ago when the Killer B's were the front line. He has also long sense come to his senses. No rivalry around here. Just lots of cheering for the Pats.

Peace,

Cat
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Oh I remember those days. My parents, both being from Buffalo are die (very) hard Bills fans, lost 4 straight superbowls to those 3 teams you mentioned. Just crushed my dad, I think after the second loss he stopped having superbowl parties. They were tough to watch, always found some way to lose. Can't do the fair weather cheering. Just seems wrong. Pick your team and stick with em. Good and the bad. And sometimes very ugly. I know you guys had a rough patch before you got Tom Brady and company. So you guys have paid your dues.

Beef

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Great sense of humor love it.. yes we boarded..whew.. thank God the pilot arrived did I mention let's go Jets.....I know I know..but Bucs..

I know. The bucs just make it so hard to be a fan. Losing again to Carolina right now. Trying to lose 5 out of the last six. Been a rough decade. Lol

Still got the 4th quarter. Who knows they may surprise me. Let's see what happens.

Beef
    Catrina and Lvg nghtmare like this.

I know. The bucs just make it so hard to be a fan. Losing again to Carolina right now. Trying to lose 5 out of the last six. Been a rough decade. Lol

Still got the 4th quarter. Who knows they may surprise me. Let's see what happens.

Beef
    Sorry about your Bucs. The Pats pulled it out. Their defense needs some work this year. I don't know what's going on with them this year but hope they can pull it together soon. I miss Edelman. I LOVE Edelman. At least Gronk is healthy. What a weapon he is and he seems to be a great guy personally.

OK. I just put a port roast into the oven and now I'm going to peel some of those great fresh native apples and make some applesauce. Gotta have applesauce when you have pork you know. Off I go to actually do something productive, if that's what you want to call it.

Peace,

Cat

Leah987 is offline Advanced Member

Hi, Beef! I don't think I've welcomed you to the forum, so, "Welcome to the forum!" I've read just a little of your thread....just enough to be impressed. You're a tough guy! Congrats on your progress!

Hey ryka. Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been known to lurk around your thread as well. So glad to be here. Just trying to take it one at a time and hopefully make a mark on someone who could use a little help or motivation to get over the hump and get better.

Today so far has been good!! Trying to keep it rolling. Can't really remember what day it is for me today 44-45??? Who knows. Is that progress or am I just the absent minded addict?? I know my day 1 was 9/16. Don't really feel like adding up the days right now but I know I feel better every day and I'll take that progress!!! Energy is coming back stronger every day. Even when I don't sleep. I really think the amino acids I'm taking have helped with my brain. Feeling joy, humor, and everything is looking brighter. Gotta say it is really reassuring. So happy to be here with all of my crazy friends that I've met in the last month on this journey. You guys rock!!! I'll be back today. Inventory spill be spending time in the office bored so I'm sure I'll be reading threads most of the day!!!

Staying Strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Look at the poster child now a junior member... How's it going Beef? Just checking in on you today..ughh fell asleep last night TWD... Stay Strong for Today...

Ahem. Excuse me lvg. You'd better look at that one more time..... I got my big boy pants on...with a belt and everything. I'm a "member" now. No more junior status for this guy!!!! Lol. And I do believe I'll get a #1 poster child name badge made and polish it every night when I (try to) go to bed. Lol. Things are going well today. Slow at work so I've been catching up on cat and ryka's threads. Not much going on but feel in good. Got my Halloween costume made this year I'll be sporting #32 for the Rockford Peaches going as Marla Hooch. "What a hitter". Gotta love a league of their own. Sleep is still spotty but I'll turn the corner in time. No rush.

How's it going in the FLA? You guys get any cooler weather?

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Well I can finally say it I'm not Sweating..ha.. wear that badge Proudly you deserve it my friend.. happy for you..it shows in your posts Bucs wth see you didn't mention my Jets there in at... let that inner child out on Halloween.. really Proud of You.. Stay Strong for Today..

Longgone2008 is offline Member

Stay strong.
    Beef
    Oh my gosh... I hate this >>>>. Its too cold and the snow killed me. Wished for sunny warm days for my first week.

Oh and we live on one of the kids favorite streets. I'm seriously going to a meeting on Halloween so I don't have to listen to the damn doorbell, lol. That would kill my w/d's.

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone has a good Halloween. So far so good today. Slept decent last night. Gonna catch a nap after the kid gets to school. Don't really have any plans for today other than a little house work. Got a mild headache, but I'm sure it'll go away in a bit. Hope everyone has a great day and has tons of little dressed up visitors today. Lol. Gonna be a good day today!!

Stay strong
    Beef

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone has a good Halloween. So far so good today. Slept decent last night. Gonna catch a nap after the kid gets to school. Don't really have any plans for today other than a little house work. Got a mild headache, but I'm sure it'll go away in a bit. Hope everyone has a great day and has tons of little dressed up visitors today. Lol. Gonna be a good day today!!

Stay strong
    Beef
    Good Morning Beef,

Good news! Both because you slept decently last night and that you have the day off. Enjoy it. I have to add here my thanks that you've been all over these Boards helping others. That's what it's all about, my friend.

Peace,

Cat
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

It's one of my new favorite things! Lol. Took a drive to go get some breakfast today and looking around at the trees while I was driving was amazing. It really looks like fall out there all the reds, yellows, browns, oranges the trees just looked so amazing while I was blasting some old school Journey (don't judge me, everyone needs a little Steve Perry every now and again) it felt like I was seeing the change of the leaves for the first time. It reminded me of when you told me we are butterflies Cat. Just made me hopeful and can't wait to see where we go from here!!!

Staying strong
    Beef

Morning Beef...oh how I miss the fall colors.. freezing here yup I said that..it's pretty amazing what we see now that we are so clear headed..it's just the smallest of things today that I'm grateful for... have an awesome day.. Happy Halloween.. Stay Strong for Today..

Good morning everyone. Had to open today. I'm not a fan of getting out of bed at 3am. But it is what it is. Got a meeting today and I gotta drive two hours south for it. Thanks to the company for that!!!! Yesterday was a good day. Went trick or treating in town with the kid. She had a good time. Costume worked out well. Got my fair share of candy. Lol. Slept pretty good last night. Seems like every night when I get to 5-6 hours straight asleep my body says that's enough for you. Some nights I can fall asleep again some not. But considering where I was 2weeks or even a week ago this is progress. Right now if I can get 5-6 a night I'll take it. Energy is getting better. Some days are better than others obviosly. But even my off days aren't too bad anymore. Positive mindset goes a long way apparently. Hope everyone has an amazing day!!!

I'm sure I'll be back later
    Staying strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare, Catrina and UncleLeo like this.

Good Morning Beef,

Another good update. 5-6 hours is great. You know when I was finally sleeping that much it took awhile of no improvement from there and still waking up tired and wishing for a little more that I realized that I had never needed more than that pre-pills. To this day that's all I get. The difference, I think, is that our bodies are still recovering from the abuse we gave to it and we just wake up tired. The other thing I noticed is that at first, the quality (for lack of a better word) seemed different to me. I would wake up after 5 hours and still feel like I hadn't slept a wink. Opiate induced sleep is different than clean sleep and I think that it just takes a little while to adjust to that before our sleep is as restful as it should be.

How much sleep did you need pre-opiates? I'm going to bet that it wasn't much more than what you're getting now. 7 or 8 hrs? Not that much different, is it? It's that time thing again and I'm sorry about that. You'll adjust and it won't be long now. You have learned to accept so many things about day to day things and this is yet another. Take it in stride and it'll all come together. Oh yeah. That's what you're doing! Great job.

Peace,

Cat

Hey Cat. Yeah I'd say I was a 7-8 hour guy. It just takes some getting used to I'm sure. Right now I'll take 5-6 solid hours a night. I'm sure sleeping longer is helping with my energy levels. Although still not where I'd like them to be they are definately better than they were, and I know it'll get better with time. I've been having crazy wierd dreams lately, not necessarily nightmares but just wierd. Had the Kool aid man hanging out with me in one of them, and in another my fiancee's nephew put each one of us on a separate spaceship and sent us to different planets to keep us apart????????????????????? WTF????? Apparently my sober mind is flippin crazy!!! Lol. I hope its just my mind adjusting. I don't wanna wake up every day and have to scratch my head and wonder if I'm crazy or not. Lol.

Staying strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Been pretty quiet over here..that planet must not have wifi..lol..hope you are doing well today.. Stay Strong for Today..

Lol. Yeah lvg. No WiFi on my planet lol. No just didn't get home until late last night. Had a nice 5.5 hour meeting and didn't get home until about 9pm. Lovely 17 hour day. So when I got home I just crashed. But busy isn't a bad thing. Still going good and staying strong. Just a little tired today. But I'm good. Keeping my head up and staying the course. How'd Halloween go for you?

Beef

Good Morning,

Guess I'm answering a 2-fer. I didn't respond to your last post yesterday. Ahhhh dreams. Yep. Not everyone gets the weird dreams but it's common enough. I had some. Not to the point of being plagued but I had them. Drug dreams were my favorites. (Not so much) I'd dream that I relapsed and I'd wake up crying. It'd take a minute or two before I realized that it was only a dream but that feeling would stay with me for a few hours. Did you ever notice that you probably didn't dream when you were using? I never noticed it myself until I started to dream again. I think that in a weird sort of way that's one of the reasons even with a decent night's sleep, we still wake up tired. So busy during the overnight hours! lol It's actually a good sign because it means that our sleep patterns are returning to normal and we're beginning to experience a dream state. Now if only your dreams will plunk you and your honey on some wonderful tropical island (that never has hurricanes) with your own place overlooking the sea.

Wow you had a long day yesterday and it looks like you survived. Hope you slept well but if you're tired, well you worked a 17 hour day yesterday. Who wouldn't be tired? Step. Step......keep stepping.

Peace,

Cat
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Yeah come to think of it I never really did dream when I was using maybe 3-4 over the course of 7+ years. Crazy when you think of it. Slept well again got my 5-6 and woke up around 3:30 wide awake. But the fact I'm sleeping through the night is a win. Maybe 5-6 is all I need now that I'm turning into an old man. (I found a few grey hairs in my goatee) (insert frowney face here) but all in all I'm good. Don't wanna say great but I'm a h.e.l.l. of a lot closer than I was not too long ago!! Hope everyone has a great day!!

Staying strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Wow something we don't talk about since we all never sleep... It's been a year I think it's the second or third time in Year's that I had a dream.. scary thought but maybe finally a good sign my brain is healing would love to get more than 5 hours of sleep.. well Halloween for me work...I work split shifts but stopped by a costume party on the way home from work...a few gray hairs.. ha.... enough said..glad to hear your doing so well . Stay Strong for Today..

Morning everyone. Hope its going good for you all. Things are good here. A little tired today but not bad. Had to stay up all night with the kid doing algebra. Didn't mind the math because I've always been a big math nerd. Numbers and equations just always made sense to me. (I know I'm wierd) But I just felt like I was trying to teach Greek to a llama. She just kept giving me this dumbfounded blank look like "why don't you just do it if you love it so much" lol. So that was fun. Still got my 5ish hours. Just a little groggy. I'm sure it will pass when I get moving and get some breakfast. Most of these symptoms have subsided, still sneezing like a mofo. But that doesn't bother me even though the misses laughs every time because she says I sound like Donald duck and a power drill had a baby when I sneeze. Occasional chills still but maybe 1-2 times a day, nothing bad. Stomach issues are good. Sleep is good for the moment. Depression seems almost non existant, maybe one spell over the last week for about an hour. Fatigue is there but manageable, just gotta get up and get moving and I stop thinking about it. A few aches and pains but I think that's just age. Things seem bright. Just gotta keep my head up and keep on keepin on!!! Have a great day

Staying strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Beef who would have guessed Nerd.. ha... Proud of You.. keep up the positive outlook... Stay Strong for Today..

Ok. A little thought/question. I've been a dirty filthy smoker for the better part of 15 years now, and I have mostly enjoyed it, although I do know how terrible they are. For the last two days every time I smoke a cig after I just feel like I licked an ashtray. They have been so unenjoyable. Again i don't think that's a bad thing. I've been looking for an excuse to quit now for a few months. First it was getting off subs, then it was Apple festival and I knew we would be busy at work. But I think my body has finally said enough is enough. Maybe the senses coming back has turned me against tobacco??? Whatever. Don't gotta buy cigs or subs now!!! I'll be rich! $$$$$$$ lol. Just wanted to share. Have a good one everyone

Staying strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare and Catrina like this.

Ok. A little thought/question. I've been a dirty filthy smoker for the better part of 15 years now, and I have mostly enjoyed it, although I do know how terrible they are. For the last two days every time I smoke a cig after I just feel like I licked an ashtray. They have been so unenjoyable. Again i don't think that's a bad thing. I've been looking for an excuse to quit now for a few months. First it was getting off subs, then it was Apple festival and I knew we would be busy at work. But I think my body has finally said enough is enough. Maybe the senses coming back has turned me against tobacco??? Whatever. Don't gotta buy cigs or subs now!!! I'll be rich! $$$$$$$ lol. Just wanted to share. Have a good one everyone

Staying strong
    Beef
    Yep. Another one of your senses returning. Quit now before you become accustomed to the taste now. I have to do that too one of these days. I can always find a reason not to but I'm really over it too. I hate the smell and I know I stink after I smoke and it's so offensive to non-smokers.

Motivate me, Beef. Motivate me!

Peace,

Cat

Yeah that's kinda what I figured. I stopped by the health/all natural store on the way home and talked to the owner. She sold me some drops that eliminate tobacco withdrawl. She said it's all natural blah, blah, blah. Said she knows at least 20 people who have quit successfully using it. So I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow. I'll be sure to keep you updated and let you know if it works. Fingers crossed!!!

I'm dying to know. How was your first day back Cat?

Staying strong
    Beef
    Elcey and Catrina like this.

Elcey is offline Member

Yeah that's kinda what I figured. I stopped by the health/all natural store on the way home and talked to the owner. She sold me some drops that eliminate tobacco withdrawl. She said it's all natural blah, blah, blah. Said she knows at least 20 people who have quit successfully using it. So I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow. I'll be sure to keep you updated and let you know if it works. Fingers crossed!!!

I'm dying to know. How was your first day back Cat?

Staying strong
    Beef
    Hi Beef, I caught up with your thread over the last day or so. Congratulations on how far you've come! Now smoking too, great. I've been off for probably 8 years now - it was the perverbial b----h but finally I guess my time was right. I'd been taking Chantix (sp?) from the doctor to help. It certainly seemed to do the trick, I had no cravings and started saving the cost of a carton/week and used that money to fly south every winter for a week's vacation! Now I know there are certain trigger points (like outside a meeting when everyone is puffing away), and I do try and steer clear. But there are tons of non-smoking addicts/alcoholics (lol - how funny is that) that remain in the room to talk to. Seriously . . . non-smoking addicts, how funny. Like smoking isn't addictive!

Anyways welcome to the forum. As you've seen, there's lots and lots of the good kind of support and encouragement on here, and people pretty much tell it like it is.

Let us know about your drops
    Elcey
    Beefaroni7272 and DravenDomnq like this.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast