Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree1312Likes
Day 11 of no suboxone. Looking for info.
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Yeah that's kinda what I figured. I stopped by the health/all natural store on the way home and talked to the owner. She sold me some drops that eliminate tobacco withdrawl. She said it's all natural blah, blah, blah. Said she knows at least 20 people who have quit successfully using it. So I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow. I'll be sure to keep you updated and let you know if it works. Fingers crossed!!!

I'm dying to know. How was your first day back Cat?

Staying strong
    Beef
    What's the name of the product you bought? Please do let me know if it helps at all. I once did try Chantix . It interfered with my sleep and made me nauseous. My sister used it and I NEVER thought I'd ever see the day that she didn't smoke but that was quite a few years ago now and she's still a non-smoker. You be the lab rat and let me know when you find something that helps.

Work yesterday went well. It felt good to be back to my routine. I was hoping to make it a full day but I didn't. I still did pretty good though. I did my regular routine of getting up at 5:00 and packed lunches for the grands, made them breakfast, managed to take ownership of the shower myself, and granny's taxi hit the road to drop them at school. Made it into the office by 8 and worked until almost 4. Not nearly what my usual work day is but not shabby either. I have to admit that I was comatose by 8pm. lol I'm working again today but it'll be a short one. A couple of appointments beginning at 11:30. I'm itching to get some painting done around the house. I need a few things from Lowe's so maybe I'll go and get them. We'll see.

How are you doing? It's been days since you've mentioned having feeling anything that is too troublesome so I'm taking that as a good sign. That's what happens and we move to discussing far more important things like the weather.

Peace,

Cat
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Default Cat

Cat -

I know exactly what you go through with the smoking. I somehow was able to quit in 2002, after several attempts. I started at the ripe old age of 14! Yes, 14! My mom smoked, my dad was sick, so my mom, always the glamour one, loved to have coffee and a cigarette. She let me smoke. No mom, no! God love her. I don't know what she was thinking. I guess she wasn't. She always had her hair done done, her nails, her makeup, dressed to the nines, and we would sit and have coffee and smoke.

Take it to about 27 years later. I had pneumonia with a collapsed lung. Did that make me quit? Nope. On April 14, 2002, I got some Nicorette and did it. I don't know how or why, I just did. I cried. I guess that is what I do when I quit something. I loved to smoke. Very relalxing. It was just something I felt I needed to do. Everyone is has to make up their own mind on this. The more someone pushed me, the more I smoked. I'm kinda stubborn. You will do it when you are ready.

Today is clean house day. I mean really clean day. It's overwhelming clean house day. I kind of leave it up to hubby being he doesn't work, but then I look around and I gasp... I keep telling myself it's going to be ok. It's going to be ok. I still feel high wired. Wish I could get knocked out for a couple of weeks and then wake up. I would hope I would feel different. I have to believe it will get better soon. I have the option to fall, but I have not. One day at a time...

I hope your day at work went well yesterday. I am sure you were exhausted last night. I like to make fall meals when it's cold out. My husband's brother is coming to visit for a few days and he is a picky eater. I really don't know what he likes to eat. Trying to think about that is stressing me out. I'm almost tempted to say we will just eat out. That will solve that.

Hope
    Catrina and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hopes1211 View Post
    Cat -

I know exactly what you go through with the smoking. I somehow was able to quit in 2002, after several attempts. I started at the ripe old age of 14! Yes, 14! My mom smoked, my dad was sick, so my mom, always the glamour one, loved to have coffee and a cigarette. She let me smoke. No mom, no! God love her. I don't know what she was thinking. I guess she wasn't. She always had her hair done done, her nails, her makeup, dressed to the nines, and we would sit and have coffee and smoke.

Take it to about 27 years later. I had pneumonia with a collapsed lung. Did that make me quit? Nope. On April 14, 2002, I got some Nicorette and did it. I don't know how or why, I just did. I cried. I guess that is what I do when I quit something. I loved to smoke. Very relalxing. It was just something I felt I needed to do. Everyone is has to make up their own mind on this. The more someone pushed me, the more I smoked. I'm kinda stubborn. You will do it when you are ready.

Today is clean house day. I mean really clean day. It's overwhelming clean house day. I kind of leave it up to hubby being he doesn't work, but then I look around and I gasp... I keep telling myself it's going to be ok. It's going to be ok. I still feel high wired. Wish I could get knocked out for a couple of weeks and then wake up. I would hope I would feel different. I have to believe it will get better soon. I have the option to fall, but I have not. One day at a time...

I hope your day at work went well yesterday. I am sure you were exhausted last night. I like to make fall meals when it's cold out. My husband's brother is coming to visit for a few days and he is a picky eater. I really don't know what he likes to eat. Trying to think about that is stressing me out. I'm almost tempted to say we will just eat out. That will solve that.

Hope
    House cleaning day! I never really mind doing that if you can believe it. It's the day to day stuff that annoys me like having to pick up the kitchen after dinner when I've just finished working 10 hours or looking at the bathroom and it looks more like I'm in the restroom at a gas station. That's when I get annoyed but preparing for a full day of the deep cleaning stuff doesn't bother me because I know how much better I'm going to feel once the house is clean and not just picked up. I'm a lot less fussy than I used to be but there's still a point that I'll reach and know that that's it! Time to get the backhoe and really clean. I won't be doing that for a while still but will be glad when I can.

Meals for a picky eater. OH I get that. It seems like everyone in my family eats differently and of course, I have always catered to them sometimes making more than one thing for dinner so that everyone is happy. Was COLD here last night, down to the mid 30's and I love to bake and cook once the weather turns. Beef stew, slow cooker style? Easy. Lasagna? At least you can make the sauce to suit him. That is one thing that everyone in the house will eat but I can't use onions or peppers in the sauce. I compensate with garlic. No such thing as too much garlic. lol

You've passed the two week mark. I promise that you are getting so close to beginning to feel better. Not just physically but even more importantly, mentally. Yes, sweetie. One day at a time and you will get to where you're going. Have a good, clean (in more than one way) weekend. xxoo

Peace,

Cat

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Alright 4th times the charm. I really need a new phone. The drops are from Newton homeopathics for symptoms of tobacco withdrawl. It's a dark amber 1fl oz glass bottle with a dropper. Yellow and white label. Took some today before heading into work. They seem to do the trick so far. Didn't have the urge to smoke yet. The hardest part is gonna be breaking the habits. Lighting up whenever I get in the car, eat, coffee, p.i.s.s.e.d. at work, etc. You guys know how it goes. Haven't felt the urge. But I'll be back I'm sure to update later. Fingers crossed.

Yeah things have been good. Still got some spotty sleep here and there. But more nights of 5-6 hour sleepthroughs. That sounds nice. Maybe I should trademark that. Energy is still up and down. Just gotta motivate myself to get up and do something and usually feel better. But all in all I'm feeling good. Getting better every day. A few chills this morning but nothing terrible.

Staying strong!!
    Beef

Hey elcey. Thanks for the welcome. Definitely wouldn't have made it this far without everyone here. That's you included, I've been lurking around your thread for a while now. And got to read a lot of your responses on Rykas thread. You guys have been through a lot together. And you've all inspired me so much. Hopefully the drops are gonna work out. So far so good. Haven't had any cravings yet. We'll see what happens.

Have a great day!!
    Stay strong
    Beef
    Elcey likes this.

Well. Just got home and still no cigs today. Had some cravings but as soon as I smelled one of my employees who came back from break smelling like an ashtray. I just thought (wow, I smelled like that). Lol not good. But I did find myself several times wanting a cig really bad. But I recognized it as a craving and moved on. The drops seem to work. I took 2 in the morning 2 at lunch, and 2 when I got home. I guess 6 drops is a full dose but I'm just trying to use it on an as needed basis. A little frustrating at work. Dam kids and stupid employees. A little agitated and I'm sure my blood pressure was a little high today. But on the good side I really didn't have time to think about if I was tired or had no energy because I was thinking about cigs. I feel like this is the same thing I just went through just easier. Recognize the cravings, move on, I'm good!! Piece of cake right?? I just feel like this is gonna be mostly mental. Breaking the habits. Which is gonna sux. But it will ok. I know I can do this, and so can you cat!!! I've quit several times successfully with nicoderm cq. Then just had a bad day and said puck it. But I want it now. Gonna stick with it. Just gotta make it 3 days and nicotine is outta my body, then it's just mental. And believe me I got this

Maybe I need some more drops. I feel like I'm rambling incoherently. Bouncing around and trying to cover several topics at once. Just bear with me guys. I'll make more sense when I get through this. Lol

Good day today!!
    Staying strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Doing amazing Beef...that's all the support I for you...lol..

Thanks lvg. I've said it before, wouldn't be here without your support. Just going one at a time. Didn't sleep too well last night, went back to multiple naps and woke up with a pounding headache. I'm thinking it's gotta be the cigs. I desperately wanted one when Iwoke up. So I got my drops, made my coffee and I was good. They do help. They do seem to take the physical cravings away then you're just left to deal with the mental aspect of it. Which we all know just sucks. Every time I see someone smoking I just think "wow look at that one, it looks delicious....." but then I realize I don't want one it's just breaking habits. I'll get there.

Busy yesterday. Only symptoms I dealt with were sneezing and slight fatigue in the am. But it was gone when I started moving around. Oh and the tears came back a little yesterday and this morning. I know that it's normal and it will pass. At least it's manageable. I can deal with sneezes and the tears, they are a cake walk compared to the first week. Lol

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!
    Staying strong
    Beef
    Catrina and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Thanks lvg. I've said it before, wouldn't be here without your support. Just going one at a time. Didn't sleep too well last night, went back to multiple naps and woke up with a pounding headache. I'm thinking it's gotta be the cigs. I desperately wanted one when Iwoke up. So I got my drops, made my coffee and I was good. They do help. They do seem to take the physical cravings away then you're just left to deal with the mental aspect of it. Which we all know just sucks. Every time I see someone smoking I just think "wow look at that one, it looks delicious....." but then I realize I don't want one it's just breaking habits. I'll get there.

Busy yesterday. Only symptoms I dealt with were sneezing and slight fatigue in the am. But it was gone when I started moving around. Oh and the tears came back a little yesterday and this morning. I know that it's normal and it will pass. At least it's manageable. I can deal with sneezes and the tears, they are a cake walk compared to the first week. Lol

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!
    Staying strong
    Beef
    Good Morning Beef,

Pave the way for me, Beef. Whether you know it or not, you are motivating me to finally quit smoking. I'm going to try and get to GNC today to see if they have those drops and I'm going to try. It's such a disgusting habit and I can't wait for it to be behind me but just like my last Day 1, I have to start this with a new Day 1. Don't I? UGH! It can't be any worse than giving up coffee, right? I had to do that a couple of times and discovered that caffeine withdrawal is no joke. I mean, it's not like detoxing from opiates but I certainly felt it and craved my morning coffee. Geez Louise.

Sorry you had a rough night but yes, it too shall pass and I betcha it does have something to do with quitting smoking. Be sure to keep me updated so that I know what's up the road for me. Grrrrrr I'm really going to try this. Correction. I really am going to do this. Can't go into it "trying" that's just a word that means it's OK if I fail. Right?

Have a good Sunday. Are you off today? I am! Have to go get some groceries and do a little housework and laundry. Going to make my Sunday dinner but have no idea yet what that might be. That's it for me.

Peace,

Cat
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

The way I see it it can't be any harder than quitting opiates. And we are experts on that front. Lol. Just 3 days of mild agitation and then just dealing with cravings off and on. We can do this Cat!! Easy peasy!!

Have a great Sunday!!
    Go Bucs!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Ughh ok your motivating me to nasty habit.. looks delicious yuk kiss an astray Beef when that craving hits you.. no sleep, naps, headaches, sneezing, tears yup here I go It takes time Beef all your feeling and going through is normal... Stay Strong for Today...

Oh Bucs really.. I think I have a bye week.. dunno..I'm still adjusting to time change ..guess who went to work an hour early this morning...

We got New Orleans today and then we got your J....E....T.....S... next Sunday. So I could see us losing two more in a row no problem. At least we will get a good draft pick lol. Still hanging tough. No cigarettes today. Gonna keep it rolling.

You guys played Buffalo on Thursday so you are off today. Heading to work early huh. Sounds like a blast!!! Hope you have a good day lvg.
    Staying strong
    Beef
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-05-2017 at 12:07 PM.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Great positive outlook Beef.. ha..oh that's right you are born and raised Floridian.. they could pull it off today but Drew is pretty awesome... Cigarettes so much harder to quit than drugs...that's right we beat them to..Grrr I usually always early to everything but an hour hard to play that off.. Stay Strong for Today..
    Oh btw I'll say sorry for your loss now...lol..

Your not a traitor tell em just a good old southern boy with manners..

Lol yeah I'm sure he will get over it. Lol. How's Sunday been treating you??
    I've been sitting around all day doing pretty much nothing besides watching my boys c.r.ap the bed. But you know....bucs...
    who knows maybe dinner and a movie before bed?

Have a great night lvg!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare and Catrina like this.

I can't believe that you got yourself involved with Somo! Have I taught you nothing?

I know I know. it just kinda happened. Haven't laughed like that in a while though. See what happens when you take a couple hours off. Lol feel like i got caught with my hand in the cookie jar. Lol

Have a great night.
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

somo is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    I can't believe that you got yourself involved with Somo! Have I taught you nothing?
    Save something for behind my back please...

What can I say man. Cat is scary. I've never been intimidated by a 5'3" woman with a back brace before but she pulls it off. Feel like I got caught and they're not angry but they're just disappointed. And that feels so much worse. Like I said earlier. Haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Feels good to be able to joke around and not feel miserable. So thanks for that somo. I'm sure we will hijack someone's thread again. I just hope cat doesn't get some ultra diamond member superpowers now that she is at 5k. Shoot laser beams outta her eyes and smoke me from new England. I only got 4800 ish posts to catch up. I'll get there.

Beef
    somo and Lvg nghtmare like this.

somo is offline Advanced Member

Cat is a Yankee, so we can speak in redneck and she can't figger it out!

I should probably say something nice about her and really throw her off her game.... Maybe after I get this knife outta' my back!

Wellin at case. I dun gots ta see a man boutta horse n den head off ta counts my sheep's for th night. Lemme know iffya needs help with that there nife.

Goodnight all!!
    It was a fun day today, thanks!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare and somo like this.

Morning everyone! Day starting out good today. Got my five last night. Woke up at 3am, seems to be the norm for now. Tobacco withdrawal sux as well. I've had a splitting headache for the last two days when I wake up. All in all things are good though. Take my drops and I feel less anxious, headache goes away, no cravings. So just gotta make it for a few more days and I'll probably stop taking the drops. Hasn't been easy but doable. Definitely wanted a cig several times over the last 3 days. But I need to quit so here I am. Gotta head into work in a few hours. Inventory tonight, so I'll probably be doing some reading today. I'll be back later.

Staying strong
    Beef
    Catrina and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Morning everyone! Day starting out good today. Got my five last night. Woke up at 3am, seems to be the norm for now. Tobacco withdrawal sux as well. I've had a splitting headache for the last two days when I wake up. All in all things are good though. Take my drops and I feel less anxious, headache goes away, no cravings. So just gotta make it for a few more days and I'll probably stop taking the drops. Hasn't been easy but doable. Definitely wanted a cig several times over the last 3 days. But I need to quit so here I am. Gotta head into work in a few hours. Inventory tonight, so I'll probably be doing some reading today. I'll be back later.

Staying strong
    Beef
    Glutton for punishment! Just getting around the corner from your jump and now you're tackling smoking. Mighty impressed am I. Looking at my pack sitting here and I should go throw them out. Staying close to my MO, "I'll just finish these and be done". Keep motivating me. I really do want to get those nasty things out of my life. UGH. Tomorrow. You'll be the first to know when I have finished my last cigarette and you will be my mentor/sponsor. Deal? Guess this puts some pressure on you too, doesn't it?

Have a sparkling day.

Peace,

Cat

Hey Cat I'd be happy to do whatever I can to get you off those tall white boys. Of course I am only on day 2.5 myself. And I find myself counting more than when I jumped from subs......

*Image of a sexy cigarette doing a striptease dances it's way into Beef's mind*

Anyways..... now where was i??? Yeah definately have had some cravings. But those drops really help. I've been taking them 3 at a time whenever I feel the urge to smoke, definately seem to help. Looked at the ingredients and nothing addictive. Woo hoo. So here I sit in the office. Smelling the after smoke aroma on one of my managers. It smells both a mixture of awful and amazing at the same time if this is possible. But I will persevere. I will not be a slave to tobacco anymore. If someone asks if I want a cigarette I will tell them where to stick it.... ( back in their pack) (don't wanna get banned I'm not diamond member status yet)(4800ish posts to go!!! Got you in my sights cat!!)

Anyways just trying to kill some time. Good day, got some energy, got a little sleep, blah, blah, blah, same old tune. Keepin my head up and doing good!!

You all know the drill!! Lol
    Have a great afternoon
    Staying strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Definitely getting irritable. Smallest things seem to p.i.s.s. me off at the drop of a hat. One more day to go through and then the nicotine is out of my system. Then it's all mental. Just gotta try not to punch anyone for no apparent reason. Maybe I should try some yoga or something. (Do they make yoga tights for 6'8" 300 pounders???) (I guess they could always sew two tents together and give em to me) going to count inventory now. Definitely the high point of my week!!!! I'll be back, if not then I murdered an employee and went to jail. ( Can I say that here) I mean we had an awesome pillow fight and went out for ice cream........ (nailed it. Moderators won't even know what's up) lol. I'm all over the place right now. I'll see you guys in a bit.

Trying to stay strong!!!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare and allinpapa like this.

Meditation... take a breath.. All will be well... Stay Strong for Today...

I'm good. Just a little off.

What do you say when the pope lights up??

Holy smokes!!!! La la la

Beef;-)
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hang in there Beef..it's all normal part of the process.. now nicotine.. WOW you are strong. btw thanks for the image of you in yoga tights...yes you are definitely a little off...lol... Stay Strong for Today..

Ok last one for a while..

What do you give a pumpkin that's trying to quit smoking??

A pumpkin patch. Get it.......

Ohhh so terrible. Alright gotta get to work. Someone's gotta babysit these high schoolers.
    I feel like i need to laugh at myself to keep from going crazy. Wow, this is a bit more difficult than I thought. Just re read my last few posts. Wow...............
    I'm ok. I promise.
    No need to worry
    Beef
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-06-2017 at 05:07 PM.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast