Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree1312Likes
Day 11 of no suboxone. Looking for info.
    Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey beef, just wanted to bump your thread up.

Thanks beef you're the best!!! What would I do without you!!

* beef high fives himself while Cat and lvg get a straight jacket ready*

Yup I've lost it
    Beef
    Catrina and somo like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Hey beef, just wanted to bump your thread up.

Thanks beef you're the best!!! What would I do without you!!

* beef high fives himself while Cat and lvg get a straight jacket ready*

Yup I've lost it
    Beef

Can you please explain to me what high fiving himself looks like? (Imagination gone wild)
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Get your mind outta the gutter Cat!!! This is a family establishment here!!!

It's been a strange afternoon if you couldn't tell.........

Beef
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-06-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hey Beef doing a quick drive by to see if you are ok.. this journey is definitely a rollercoaster ride for sure..hate rollercoasters... check back in later after work... Stay Strong for Today...

Yeah I'm good. Just went a little crazy for a few hours. Stressed out and really wanted a death stick. Happy to report I stayed true. Still holding strong. No tobaccey. Cravings just hit me like a semi and temporarily lost it for a bit. Took about 20 minutes and just did some deep breathing, shut everything out. I'm ok now. Hopefully that won't happen again. But no promises.......

Thanks for checking in
    Beef

somo is offline Advanced Member

I keep looking for your thread on the need to talk side! I completely forget that there are other discussion boards here!

I haven't had time to read yours all the way through, but if you are trying to give up nicotine, you are my new superhero! I have chewed for over 40 years. Nicotine has stronger cravings than anything else I have tried to quit!

Yeah today is day 3 of no cigsnfor me. They started tasting like I licked an ashtray after every smoke so I just said puck it. With a gentle nudge from Cat and company. First day wasn't that bad. But yesterday it hit me like a sledgehammer to the face. As you can see from my posts I kinda lost it...... but I'm good now. Just trying to take it really slow. I find myself counting more than when I jumped from subs. Re-read yesterday and just had to shake my head. Reminded me of back around the beginning of my jump when i was just rambling and not really forming cohesive thoughts but I'm here and better today. Gonna beat this. (Crossing fingers behind back).

Read all 19 pages of your thread yesterday somo. Gave me a bunch of good laughs. Had nothing else to occupy my time in between gnawing my arm off. Lol

Wish me luck!!!
    I feel like i can smell everyone who is smoking in GA right now.
    (Do you think they'd be offended if I just went up and started smelling them aggressively???)

Beef
    UncleLeo and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Well Here I am everyone. Made it through another day without tobacco and opiates. Much, much better than yesterday. Don't know what happened. Lack of sleep, cravings, stress, babysitting high schoolers, whatever it was I lost it in the afternoon. Re read posts and didn't really remember writing a few of them. I haven't been that frustrated at work in a long time. Shut myself in the office and closed the door and just closed my eyes and focused on my breathing for about 20 minutes. (Thanks lvg!!) After that I was good.

But as bad as yesterday was, today has been that good. Got an oil change, had lunch with the misses, did some laundry and cleaned the bathroom. Fun stuff. But it beats sitting around throwing a pity party. Only had a few cravings today in the car. Food tastes better, sense of taste seems to be coming back. Last three days I've been so occupied with cigs that I really haven't thought about anything else. I'm sure I sneezed and was tired and fatigued but I didn't think about it because I was occupying my mind with dirty thoughts of cigarettes. Progress??? Who knows..... but it's another day clean for me. And I'll happily take that!!!

Thank you all so much!!!
    Staying strong
    Beef
    Catrina and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Well Here I am everyone. Made it through another day without tobacco and opiates. Much, much better than yesterday. Don't know what happened. Lack of sleep, cravings, stress, babysitting high schoolers, whatever it was I lost it in the afternoon. Re read posts and didn't really remember writing a few of them. I haven't been that frustrated at work in a long time. Shut myself in the office and closed the door and just closed my eyes and focused on my breathing for about 20 minutes. (Thanks lvg!!) After that I was good.

But as bad as yesterday was, today has been that good. Got an oil change, had lunch with the misses, did some laundry and cleaned the bathroom. Fun stuff. But it beats sitting around throwing a pity party. Only had a few cravings today in the car. Food tastes better, sense of taste seems to be coming back. Last three days I've been so occupied with cigs that I really haven't thought about anything else. I'm sure I sneezed and was tired and fatigued but I didn't think about it because I was occupying my mind with dirty thoughts of cigarettes. Progress??? Who knows..... but it's another day clean for me. And I'll happily take that!!!

Thank you all so much!!!
    Staying strong
    Beef
    You are a superhero! What's next? Come one--you gotta have at least a few other bad habits that we can get you to quit. I'll give you another week without cigs and will consider it in the bag and it will be time to start on something else. If you can't think of anything then I'll just give you my list. It's plenty long and will keep you occupied and cranky for years. I'm generous that way.

Peace,

Cat

Man I dunnoh Cat. Just got off one roller coaster and climbed straight on another. May need a little time to walk around the amusement park for a bit and get my bearings back. These cigs have been a bear so far. Although when I woke up today, no headache, and the first thought to enter my mind wasn't "go smoke". I still get envious of those who go and smoke but only fora bit. Then I just go and find something else to occupy my mind.

Good day so far today, rainy and foggy in north GA today. Don't know why but I've always loved days like today. Just so long as they aren't every day. Spent one winter in NW Ohio and didn't see the sun for 4 months. Talk about gloomy. Slept so so. Woke up around 1am ish played a little Metallica and fell back asleep. Got up at 4 with the alarm and took my shower and got ready. Have some energy today!! Feeling good!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
    Staying strong
    Beef
    somo and Lvg nghtmare like this.

All your optimism will serve you well in all this! I sincerely hope numerous people will read and study your thread. There are only benefits to facing this beast with an optimistic outlook! I wish I knew that little secret years ago!

So glad you are laughing as well! Hope today is even better!

If we can't laugh at ourselves who will we laugh at?? Lol

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

If we can't laugh at ourselves who will we laugh at?? Lol

Beef
    Well, of course the obvious, Cat, Lvg, Leah/Ryka, etc... Sometimes I like a little challenge tho!

*Starts making his own funeral arrangements*

Somo there is that experience Strength and hope I knew you had in you. Beef yes that positive attitude is one we should all strive to wake up to everyday. Gratitude.... Stay Strong for Today..
    Beefaroni7272 and somo like this.

First four dates with my girlfriend

1) Wow that's a nice shirt
    2) Another nice shirt!!!
    3) Thats the same shirt as the first date??
    4) He only has 2 shirts :-(

Want to smoke but I figured a really bad joke would suffice just as well!!!

Beef
    somo likes this.

Btw Beef did I tell you Today that I am Proud of You my friend....

Hey Beef, I figured I would post so you wouldn't start talking to yourself..lol.. I'm thinking this weekend is looking pretty good to go Raymond James.... well for me anyway...

Ouch lvg. That one stung a little. Rub it in why don't you. It's a great place to watch a game. Even if you have to watch the Jets. Lol

So jealous
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Well thats all for me tonight. Gonna see how the sleep goes tonight. No cigs or opiates today. Whoo hoo!! Another day clean. It's a win and I'm happy to be here. Don't really have much more to add..... It's getting easier every day. And better every day! Keep on moving in the right direction........ummm thanks everyone!! Wouldn't be here without you all!!

Have a great night
    Staying strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Yup Beef another day clean. Life is so much better today. You have been definitely motivating me to quit cigarettes... hopefully you got some sleep ughh it's definitely the last thing to balance out. Keep up the good work my friend... Stay Strong for Today..

Well sitting here on another beautiful rainy cloudy foggy day. Should keep the customers away for the most part. So I'll take it. No headache when I got up today. So I think I'm through the worst of the tobaccey w/d. Just a few cravings here and there. Using less drops. So that's good. Slept so so. Woke up at midnight, was able to get back to sleep. I'm chalking it up to the smokes. Haven't slept through since I stopped. But I will adjust. Still way better than it was a few weeks ago. Dam getting busy. Better get to work. I'll be back later. Have a great day all

Stay strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Well I don't think my internal alarm clock knows that I usually sleep until 4am. Lol. Seems like 3:00-3:30 is when my body wants to get up for the time being. Not terrible, any sleep is good sleep. I'm blaming cigarettes because I can!!!! I'm sure I'll be back to sleeping through the night occasionally in a little bit. Still way more sleep than I was getting. It's all relative. No more rls!!!! (Thank God for that)

Cigs are a bear but manageable now. Every time I get a whif of someone I still get cravings of that sleet sweet smoke, but I'm sure it's gonna be like that for a while. Just go and find something to do. And I'm ok. Like I said it's not terrible, but it's there. I'm sure it'll be a while before the mental part of this is done. But it's keeping my mind occupied and not thinking about subs and any minor symptoms I may or may not be feeling. Think I lost count of both my clocks. Got 2 months off subs coming up in a little less than a week and cigs are almost a week I think????? I feel like a bad addict not really knowing how many days it has been but I feel like counting months is more efficient and won't drive me crazy trying to figure out how many days and hours it's been. I'm a math nerd so I know I can always figure it out but I'd rather just forget about it for a bit. Does that make sense?? I dunnoh, just what I'm feeling right now. Well alarm is gonna go off in a bit. Got my first post jump checkup today at 2:30 pm. Was supposed to go last week but they canceled on me. So well see what they say. Looking forward to going to the doc and not needing any meds to get through the month!!! Lol.

I know I'll be back later.
    Have a great morning guys!!
    Staying strong
    Beef

My song of the day is Allman Brothers "Midnight Rider" (seemed appropriate) lol
    Lvg nghtmare and Catrina like this.

Good Morning Beef... your doing amazing... keep up the good work.. sleep will come in time... Just for Today you have another Day clean...

Happy Friday,

I did the same thing, Beef and just lost track of the days after a short period of time. Every previous detox, I could tell you the minutes and seconds I think. For some odd reason, it just seemed less important this time. I can't say why and never questioned it.

Good luck at the doctor's. You will have the right answer now when they ask you if you smoke. Answer: No! That's gross. No worries about a UA. It's such a good feeling. Enjoy it.

I know you'll check in and share details so have a good day and I'll look for you later.

Peace,

Cat

Now if I could follow that same advice I could kick the cig Addiction Grrr.

Lol. I didnt think of that. I am a former smoker now. I'll wear that badge proudly!!! Granted I'm still in the process of quitting but I'll happily tell them I'm tobaccey free. It feels good and I know I'll be dealing with cravings for a long while but everything is good. I'm happy, got energy, and just feeling normalish. I'm sure I'll have setbacks and have days where I wanna strangle people for no good reason or be a condescending a.s.s. hole for no reason. But good days are coming more frequently even without solid sleep. And it feels great!!! This place has saved me and I'm a firm believer. Thank you, thank you so much. So happy I found this place and all my new friends who helped me through this process.

You guys are awesome!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey Beef,. I wanted to post great job congratulations glad your here.....
    But Cats right I fell into the wrong crowd.....my first thought which is always the wrong thought...

*somo hand him the tissues*

Ha. Breadcrumbs, I get it. Lol. Took me long enough. Going back and forth thread hopping. Good stuff.

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Ha. Breadcrumbs, I get it. Lol. Took me long enough. Going back and forth thread hopping. Good stuff.

Beef
    Tough to keep up, but the brain strain is helpful! Glad you are getting it!

Don't feel bad Beef it's taken me a year...ha..lol..

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast