Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree1312Likes
Day 11 of no suboxone. Looking for info.
    Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

I think closer to the jump I was more concerned with whining and throwing a pity party. It never occurred to me that people were actually laughing and having a good time on here. I'd see random posts that made no sense and think "ok no idea where that came from" thought it was a typo or something. Makes more sense now. Lol. You gotta go looking for it. Keeps you on your toes. Brain was moving way too slow for that a month ago.

Good to be here!!! :-)
    Beef

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Guess what it just keeps getting better..I promise you...
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Well, had my checkup today. Things went well. Got a mostly clean bill of health. Meds for blood pressure but that's it. Gotta lose some lbs. But all in all things are good. Got a list of local aa, na meetings thinking of stopping in and seeing what's up. Did all the blood work and all that jazz, cholesterol, liver function, blood work. No diabetes. Yada, yada, yada. Gonna call when lab results come in.

Good day today. Glad they're starting to be lumped together. Just patiently waiting for sleep to return. Felt good to tell them I'm a former smoker. Lol. That's about it for me. Gonna grab a shower and get ready for bed. Have a great night everyone!!!

Staying strong
    Beef

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Well, had my checkup today. Things went well. Got a mostly clean bill of health. Meds for blood pressure but that's it. Gotta lose some lbs. But all in all things are good. Got a list of local aa, na meetings thinking of stopping in and seeing what's up. Did all the blood work and all that jazz, cholesterol, liver function, blood work. No diabetes. Yada, yada, yada. Gonna call when lab results come in.

Good day today. Glad they're starting to be lumped together. Just patiently waiting for sleep to return. Felt good to tell them I'm a former smoker. Lol. That's about it for me. Gonna grab a shower and get ready for bed. Have a great night everyone!!!

Staying strong
    Beef
    All good news. Glad you had that done because it's a relief to know that we haven't totally fried our liver or other things that we need just a little longer. "Do you smoke?" "No!" Someday for me. Someday, Beef. You are inspiring me to give it another whirl. I'll keep you updated when I do and I'm close. They just increased the cost of a pack of cigarettes again and I hate to admit what we pay here in Taxachusetts. Insane! I can remember saying that when they get to $1/pack I was quitting. Let's just say that that was $10 ago. Those buggers gotta go. Maybe I'll throw $11 a day into an envelope or jar instead of buying that pack of cigarettes. In one year, I'd have enough money for a pretty awesome vacation. OR That is almost my monthly car payment. OK I can't do this math anymore. It's depressing. Maybe Monday.

Peace,

Cat

Holy cr.a.p. $11 a pack??? Seriously??? I'd have an aneurysm at the counter. That's rediculous. I knew it was more expensive in the northeast but dam. I went to a wedding back in May in Ocean City NJ. And paid $9 for a pack of Marlboro lights. She told me it was $10 and I asked her "for one pack seriously???" She just looked at me like I had a third eye on my forehead. I guess I just forgot about it. I think they're right around $6-7 here. But we rednecks have other things we spend our money on like feed for the animals, and corn for the moonshine stills. And other things you Yankees don't know about lol. I guess the tobaccey companies wanna give us southerners a break. Lol

Start saving for that trip whenever you want!! No rush. It sux but is doable.
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Good Morning Beef, doing a drive by to tell you that you are doing amazing... Also you Rock this forum needs your positive experience strength and hope...thank you my friend..

Stay Strong for Today..

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy veterans day!! Thanks to all for your service!!!

Stay strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey guys. Hope everyone had a great Saturday. Busy for me l, but not a bad thing, keeps my mind occupied. No smokes, had some serious cravings though. Gonna probably hit the hay here in a few but just wanted to check in and wish everyone a great Sunday.

Staying strong
    Beef

Morning guys. So it seems like sleep has been regulated to big naps now. Got two four hour ish naps last night. But in comparison to where I was its good. Feeling good. I'd say a tiny bit of fatigue on some days but other than that I'm good. Just about two months. Whew. Made it, feeling back to my old self. Things are good. Can't wait to see what else is around the corner. Heading down to FL for Thanksgiving with the family. Great day to gain 10 lbs as my parents are amazing cooks!! They definately do thanksgiving right!! Just glad I won't be a big ball of depression when we get down there. I won't have to fake it. Still no smokes!!!! Although I still really want one at times throughout the day. Got the day off, gonna see if I can watch my boys beat up on the Jets and company. Better get the tissues lvg. Hope everyone has a great day.

GO BUCS!!!!
    Stay strong
    Beef

Oh...fly by...

Queen.... *We are the champions*

Lol. That's great. Good to start the day with a laugh. Thanks lvg.

I guess for us it would be 3 Doors Down "Loser"

Lol
    Beef

Good Morning Beef .. thanks for the kind words my friend.. Hope you have a wonderful Day...

Hey guys hope we are having a good day!! Not too bad today. A little agitated, nothing serious. I think I just want a cig. Getting angry at nothing, for no reason. But it'll pass, I know. Had a slight bout with chills today for about an hour or so. So I just took a shower and was good. Still reminds me that this is a long and grueling process. And it's not over yet and it is gonna be a constant struggle, not just physical but mental as well. But I got my big boy pants and I'm keeping positive and I'm good!! Just going one at a time and checking off the days one at a time. Monday fun day at work today. Gotta close and so I'll be reading most of the night I'm sure.

Staying strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Lend you my big girl panties.. ha.. here to support you buddy

Is it just me or is the web sit taunting us? I have no desire to go back to where I was or to ever use an opiate again. But the advertisements on this site for discount suboxone, and methadone clinics have got to be put to bed. It just seems like there's gotta be something better that the website can promote other than the meds that these addicts are trying to rid their daily lives of.

Just a thought.
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Just posted a reply disappeared..

Drive by..... Proud of You.....

Hey guys. Good day today. Got the day off and just kinda vegged out. But I did make it to the mailbox and back in between naps today. Yeah I was a big waste of space today. But it felt good not curling up into a ball and feeling sorry for myself. I did it on my own accord, not because I felt terrible. No smokes, it's getting easier every day now. Trying to get the misses to quit smoking. She tried for a day but got a new promotion, and is stressed at work so this may not be the best week for her to quit. But she has cut back to 5-6 smokes a day where she was a pack a day. So progress is good. I told her she doesn't have to if she doesn't want to. But she said I inspired her or something like that. Whatever, I'm just being me and trying to check off another day clean. Thursday is 2 months. Wow. Really didn't think I'd make it. But here I am! Staying strong and making it. Not just faking it anymore. Been quite a ride......

Thanks all!!!!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare and DravenDomnq like this.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Beef,
    Thanks for the support. Hope all is well.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Beef,
    CONGRATS!!!! You've the mountain now there's just a few hills. The depression and anxiety if you have it is normal. I had to go on an anti depressant. Sleep will come. Drink tons of water, eat right, exercise, and keep busy. ALL HUGE. Keep up the good work. Its worth it. Life if so much better. I didnt realize I had stopped laughing when on my DOC until I quit and started laughing and now I laugh my A** off. Something I never really thought about. STAY STRONG AND POSITIVE! you can do it!!

Hey guys. Today marks my two month anniversary. Clean and sober. Feeling great and not gonna let anything get me down today. Pulled something in my back but I'll survive. Just wAnt to give a big shout out to everyone who has been there to give me encouragement and a good swift kick in the pants when I needed it. You all are amazing and I can't thank you enough. Hope all of you have a great day and I'll see you around.

Staying strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Good Morning Beef, hope you feeling better. I'm absolutely sure you will be fine. You to spread the love my friend...

Did I say Proud of You two months...can you see my pom poms shaking for you...lol..

Thanks lvg. I know I've said it before. Wouldn't have come this far without you. Thanks!!!

Cane pride never dies!!!!! Lol
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

That's not the school I went to but go hurricanes..

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

Where's the Beef!?!?

I guess your still out roaming the neighborhood. Just thought I would pass by & say congrats on 2 months Free! And just think- this is only the beginning!

I wish much success, especially in these coming weeks. Your tail end might be burning here soon once Cat catches up with you. I don't know what you did but she's missing a window & is rocking back & forth with a baseball bat mumbling something out homework & trash.

Best of Luck,

~CC

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    That's not the school I went to but go hurricanes..
    Cane=hurricane
    Must be bed time lvg. Lol. Have a great night. C u tomorrow
    beef

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefChe View Post
    Where's the Beef!?!?

I guess your still out roaming the neighborhood. Just thought I would pass by & say congrats on 2 months Free! And just think- this is only the beginning!

I wish much success, especially in these coming weeks. Your tail end might be burning here soon once Cat catches up with you. I don't know what you did but she's missing a window & is rocking back & forth with a baseball bat mumbling something out homework & trash.

Best of Luck,

~CC
    Hey CC. Internet was a bit spotty last night. Didn't get to sneak back through the window before I got caught. I'm sure she's gonna paint my back porch a nice shade of red once I make it back there.

Thanks so much!!! Two months feels so good. And I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Staying strong
    Beef

Anonymous Guest

CONGRATS ON TWO MONTHS. GOOD ATTITUDE. NO TURNIN BACK NOW THAT YOU GOT A TASTE OF THE GOOD LIFE. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! Been almost a year since I was basking in the sun detoxing from oxy onto sub. Keep up the good work!!

Just waving Hello my friend....

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast