Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree1312Likes
Day 11 of no suboxone. Looking for info.
    Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Well everyone. I did it. I relapsed. I'm a weak sorry excuse for a man. Last night after dinner I was sitting there with the misses and who decides to stop over for dessert but that sultry minx Lilith. She strolled into the bedroom and started whispering sweet tobacco nothings into my ear. And if I were a stronger man I would have told her to get out and go home. But I didn't. I had a cigarette. And now I hang my head in shame. I'm not a robot, and I thought I'd be fine. But I'm getting back on the horse this morning and gonna stay strong. Do you believe that she had the nerve to invite me back to somos for mushroom burgers after she had her way with me. I feel so used.......She is quite the temptress. That's what I get for not doing my homework. She won't get the drop on me again.

I need a hot shower.
    Hope everyone has a great Friday!!!
    Staying strong????
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

What omg my heart dropped Beef...Relapsed geeze...
    My first thought was not the cigs... grrrr....
    ok so pick yourself up dust yourself off put down the smokes day one...ha....

Happy Saturday my friend...

I know. Yet another day one. Grrrrrrrr. At least it's not opiates. Ha

Beef

Whoops, I guess it is Saturday lol
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-18-2017 at 07:16 AM.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

It's ok Beef at least you have a Day one...lol.. buddy...

I wish I was strong enough to quit..
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Ok day one almost over..lol...

Good Morning Beef, ok we have a bye this week. .Hmmm bucs v dolphins...heads or tails..

Good morning lvg. Happy Sunday!! Day 2 today!!!! Again.... I'm going tails w/ the fins. Maybe if I expect to lose every weekend then I'll be pleasantly surprised if we actually win one. Oh Bucs.... why do you hurt me so? Any big plans for today? I'm trying out an Apple pie recipe I plan on making for the family non thanksgiving with a cinnamon bun crusty so we'll see how that works but it sounds promising!! So nice to not be laying in bed throwing a pity party!!!

Hope your day is amazing
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

You won't get pity from me my friend suk it up big boy... Your not a true fan..I've been a Jets fan since Broadway Joe...

Day two rooting for you...
    Ooooh apple pie sounds delicious...I'm on a diet...grrr

Beef, wth you should hold your head in shame...I know you are a quitter..

I am an excellent quitter lvg. I've made a lifetime doing it lol. Celebrating those small victories. I know my bucs will turn it around and start losing again in no time. Have a great night!!!

Beef

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Beef, just made it through your thread and wanted you to know what a great job I think you've done so far. Other than your choice in football teams I think you ROCK!! (Lifelong Steelers fan here )

In all seriousness though, you've had quite a journey and kept your head up high through all of it. Can't believe you quit smoking as well through this, even with a small slip. A year later and I haven't even begun to think about dropping that habit yet, though I know I need to.

Just wanted to let you know I think you've done awesome!!!

Thanks draven. Glad you're back. I've heard about you through the grapevine and just never got around to reading your thread. So I figured I'd do myself a favor and start. 13 pages in I'm humbled to say the least. You are quite an inspiration sir. I feel honored that you made a stop by my home. Hope you have an amazing day. I suppose I should start doing some work today........

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare and DravenDomnq like this.

Hey guys. Well Apple pie turned out pretty dam good if I do say so myself. Definitely a keeper. Thanksgiving week, man that came fast. Heading down to FL for Thanksgiving with the family. Haven't been down in about a year and a half. And the first time I won't be worried about running short on subs!!!!! Gotta say I'm really looking forward to it. The girls have never been to a real beach or been on a boat. So we are definately planning on going fishing. Gonna be a blast. Supposed to be rianyish on thurs/Fri but sat is supposed to be very nice. Gonna be real good to get outta dodge for a few days!!!

Smoking is better. Staying true and gonna try to slay this monster again. Taking it one craving at a time. Great to be here and so happy I found this place. Have a great rest of Monday everyone!!!

I'll see you on the Skyway lvg. I'll be the car throwing a crate of peaches and apples out the window!!!

Beef

What no apple pie...

Spoiler alert.....
    I see you are reading just FYI ...the girl loves life.... clean....
    DravenDomnq likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Ok, now I'm craving some apple pie...lol

I get it about Thanksgiving. Thursday we're heading to my brother's to be with my family this year. I think it's the first time in 30+ years that I've been around my entire family without being on anything or drinking anything, will definitely be a new experience, that's for sure!

Glad to see things continue to go well, and hopefully I'll be around more. Glad you're enjoying my thread, but nothing different with my journey than anybody else's, we all have our own struggles we need to overcome, and all need to take it one day at a time!!

Be well, and have a GREAT night!!

Racking up all kinds of clean days eh... How you doing Beef. Did I say I was Proud of You Today.. well I am...

You know what lvg. It's been a dam good day today. Slow at work so I took it kinda easy and got paid to read some threads. Lol. Did my inventory counts and that's about it. Getting excited for Thanksgiving with the family. First one I've been to sober in about 8-9 years. So we'll see how it goes. I have an amazing family and it kills me that I haven't been able to see them as much as I would like. Feel like I'm missing out on seeing my nephews. They're a trip for sure. The misses and I have talked about moving back to the sunshine state at some point but probably not for a year or two. Just pumped!! Definitely a great weekend to gain about ten pounds!! The only thing I'm dreading is the awesome 9-10 hour drive straight down I-75. With Atlanta rush hour since we both have to work on Wednesday. (Boooo) Atlanta sux!!! But that's about it from here. Thanks for the kind words as always!!! You're amazing!!!!

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Yea Beef... I'm so glad to hear your doing amazing.. nice update my friend..
    I know you have been reading all day lol.... It's bringing back all I've been through everytime you hit that like button...lol..talk about whining eh...
    I'm Proud of You..and love your awesome positive attitude my friend...

Take the girls to longboat key they'll love it white Sandy beaches...

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Yea Beef... I'm so glad to hear your doing amazing.. nice update my friend..
    I know you have been reading all day lol.... It's bringing back all I've been through everytime you hit that like button...lol..talk about whining eh...
    I'm Proud of You..and love your awesome positive attitude my friend...

Take the girls to longboat key they'll love it white Sandy beaches...
    Lol. Saturday morning we're going to Bradenton beach for the pancake breakfast the driving down Anna Maria to Longboat then Siesta Key to walk around!!! Good thing I got some energy back or that would have made for a long day! Lol

Have a great night!!!
    Beef

Hey I see you... Good Morning... have a wonderful Day Beef..

Anonymous Guest

Default Beef

You are doing amazing, and it's evident there are so many people that think the same thing. You have done a wonderful job and I am so happy for you. You deserve a break and I feel for your, however, on that drive on 75. It's going to be well worth it. I am happy that you are going to have a nice Thanksgiving. You deserve it. I have never been to Siesta Key, but it's on my bucket list. I hear it's beautiful. Enjoy yourself, swim with the dolphins let the sun shine down on you. Life is for the taking now.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Hope

Thanks hope. What a great way to wake up! Put a huge smile on my face. Just sitting here in the office counting down the hours until I get to leave and start the long trek down to FL. But I cannot wait. First sober turkey day in a long time. Gonna be interesting for sure but I have no worries.

I just hope (Ha!) That what I share can help someone, anyone when they're feeling like I did when I stumbled here feeling like death and looking, praying for help. That and everyone here has truly been my saving grace. I cannot express how much this place means to me and I just wish I had found it sooner. But I guess it wasn't my time then. I've only been here a little over 2 months but it feels like home and I usually stop by whenever I have free time. I simply can't get enough of this place!!! And now we have a comedy corner!!! What??? Does it get any better than that???

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!!!
    I am thankful for my family and friends, my new sobriety, my Bucs!!! And of course this forum which I truly believe has saved my life!!! Thank you all for everything! You are amazing and the work you do here Is nothing short of a miracle!!!

Florida bound!!!
    Beef

Just wanted to drop in and say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Made the trip to Florida without incident.

Good night all.
    Be back tomorrow
    beef

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Happy Thanksgiving Beef,

I assume that you are either on the road to FL or have arrived. Be safe and enjoy your Holiday. I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you.

Peace,

Cat

froggy_069 is offline Member

Happy Thanksgiving brother! I hope the holiday treats you well. Have an awesome trip!

Forceout is offline Member

Hey Beef,

Thinking about you being on the road. Also happy as heck you are going to see everyone in a new light!!! Be careful. I'm real good. Thanks to you!!!'

PS. I have a Florida trip coming soon as well. Can't wait. Love the weather. I go East of the Big O near the big pond so the weather is delightful on my wounds lol.

Godspeed Bro and thanks for being here for me.
    Beefaroni7272 and DravenDomnq like this.

Good Morning Beef, checking in on you today... how's it going my friend... Give us an update when you can..hope you having a good time.. yea beach day finally... enjoy..

Hey lvg. Just got done down at longboat key. Just got to Duffys for a burger and a baby coke. Great day so far. The misses really wants to move down here for good now. She loves the weather!!! So we shall see. May be coming to the sunshine state for good in a bit. How are things on your side of the bay?

Beef

Hey Beef I'm glad today is bright and sunny for y'all. Longboat key is beautiful sure she want to move. Things are great here in the bay my friend. Glad you are enjoying your trip.. what day are you on for cigs.. hopefully going strong.. well enjoy the day my friend..
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Today marks a week for me so still staying strong. Gotta try to keep it rolling. Still get cravings just gotta keep my mind occupied. Have a great day my friend!!!

Beef
    GoodDaysAhead and DravenDomnq like this.

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast