Day 14 off Opiates - When will my energy return???????????
    Din37 is offline New Member

Cool Day 14 off Opiates - When will my energy return???????????

Greetings, I'm a Canadian. One night about a year ago, I woke up screaming because my left leg felt like it was on fire with knives stabbing into it. I went to the Doc and found myself on 40mg of OxyNeo three times daily. (Oxyneo replace Oxycontin in Canada a while back). While awaiting an xray, my tolerance when up and up. I never told my wife about any of this, we have two your girls and I didn't need the pressure and I didn't want her to worry. Xray proved that I had a non-cancerous tumor that was most likely pushing on a nerve causing this random pain. The Doc ordered up an MRI, and the dosing went up to two 80mg Oxyneo three times daily, and inbetween that I could take 4-6 oxycodone 10mg throughout the day. Needless to say; I was a SuperGod, I starting jogging again, played the drums more with my buds. I was a superdad with the kids, lots of energy.....But then....

I started having issues sleeping, the pain of the leg was worse at night, so I'd pop a few extra, slowly and slowly, I would run out early of my script, I'd be honest with the doc, but he said take it easy. Luckily I always had the Oxycodone 10mg to fall back on. I finally had my MRI done about 3months prior and they determined it wasn't even to proof surgery, perhaps if I lost a little weight, I'm 6'2 300lbs, footballer build. So stay on the meds the doc said. Eventually it all came crashing down, I was having issues maintaining an erection during sex, kinda hard when you're trying to make a 3rd baby.... That combined with my lack of sleep, made me a tired dude in the mornings drive into work, so much so my wife would yell at me to open my eyes and question me....

Eventually, it all came to a head, it was March 8th, my birthday party, big shindig planned. Problem: I ran out of my script 3 days prior and I was living a nightmare of withdrawls, people came and drank, I literally at on the couch slowly sipping beer and people would come to talk to me then leave. The next day my wife was disgusted with me, she yelled screamed, demanded answers.... so I told her the trail of hell I'm been blazing. She was not amused in the least, she yelled and yelled, explained if we no kids, she'd be gone tonight.... Oh boy did I >>>>-up....

She calmed down, I explained I was done and the Monday, I saw the doc and ordered a script of just the Oxycodone 10mgs to help my ween off... OMFG I felt sooo much better when those little bastards re-entered my system. I had called in sick and cleaned the entire house etc, I had dinner ready for everyone and even banged the wife properly that night.

But then it happened, 2 weeks went by and it was March 25th 2014. The time had come, now my wife already thought I was over the withdrawls and had put this behind us.... not good... March 26th, dope sick had started, I acted like I had the flu, but she knew better she had already seen this song and dance before. So, for a second time I came clean and I explained how I asked for a tape script to get off these things once and for all. She was beyond mad.... I'll leave it at that. So, to fast forward, it is now April 7, and I am 14 days clean of everything. The doc did give me Clonidine to help with the Aniexty, RLS and sleeping issues, I won't be on it that long. The wife has given me a list of things, I must do in order for "us" to ever work again, she emailed my doctor and told him everything and demanded he apologize and my include her in all my conversations with him. I started therepy, man that's weird, I hate talking about myself....

Now the big question I have, yes its day 14, but for the love of God, WHEN IN THE BLUE HELL WILL I REGAIN MY ENERGY?????? I take a multi-vitamin, I take b100 complexe, I take b12, I take d1, I also take L-Tyrosine and yes I still have ZERO energy, I walk around with two 100lb cement shoes, everything is such a >>>>>>> freaking effort, I hate this, I used to be mister gogogo and now, I takes everything I have just to pick up one of my girls. The Wife is frustrated with me, mainly because I can barely help, everything is just so slow.... Coffee and Energy drinks have no effect, I just recently started on the 2000MG of L-Tyrosine, but nada so far.... Any advice anyone?

The Husband is offline Member

It could take some time I have over 240+ days of OxyContin and it took a long time for my energy to come back my highest dose of Oxy was around 240mg when I went on fentlyn then back to Oxy and could only tapper to 80 mg before I was just done with the stuff.

Extra strength 5 hr energy and eating healthy and getting exercise to release dopamine is your best options in my opinion

I appreciate the info.... But to exercise, my god that's impossible..... Waiting game I guess.

It could be a short walk or bike ride just something you really need to push yourself just to move through out the day right now I'm sure, but walking my dog got me through the worst of it till I could actually exercise

sj123 is offline New Member

Exactly the same here im day 17 and I wish I could do something other than drag my ass around the house... im taking ltyrosine double dose and vitamins... tried going for walks daily which atm just wears me out and zapps what little energy I do have im in bed by 9pm and sleep until 7am still im tired.. good luck to you I pray our energy returns soon

steven10 is offline New Member

It's day 13 without suboxone.
    After 1 1/2 yrs. Of 24mg a day.
    I recently went 14 days without,
    And then holy .......! Couldn't function anymore! Back to dr.
    I went. Looking for some relief.
    He tells me ,I can't prescribe you anything. All I could do was go back on suboxone. And taper off.well! He gave me 14 strips. A month later here I am! Feeling so much better to be clean. But I agree with the 100lb shoes! Omg!
    Physically exhausted!! Looking for answer's? Tips?
    Help

Ihatemethadone is offline New Member

You are over halfway there don't give in you can do this . You have to force yourself to get up and move go check your mail small steps one day at a time I know what you are going through I'm in the same boat . Try a multivitamin and some B12 for energy I know you feel like >>>> but your gonna make it eat healthy and try to walk a little more everyday you control your body what you are feeling right now is the chemicals leaving your body make sure you are drinking enough water take your weight and divide it by 2 . If you weigh 160 you should be during 80 oz of water everyday this will flush out you body faster .I hope this helps you just remember you got to get up and move if you don't your not going to get your energy back . God bless I know you can do this.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-17-2014 at 09:30 AM. Reason: misspelled words

Well to update, I made it to day 33. My leg is killing me now, but I don't care. I finally got my energy back, starting drumming again. L-Tyrosine sure helped out a ton, I take like 3000mg in the morning and 1000mg in the afternoon. What a difference, back to normal sex appetite, eating better. 2 drawbacks, I sneeze about 20-30 times a day, no joke... And I still don't sleep much.... Thanks for all the kind words!

ameen1 is offline New Member

I'm in the same boat. I was one 120mg of methadone and came off it cold turkey. After a few months of feeling weak I just couldn't take it anymore, I got on Suboxone 16mg a day for 4 years. Now it's only day 5 and I don't feel to bad. Just real weak. How long will it take to get energy back.

ameen1 is offline New Member

Great to hear.

The sneezing and sleep issues is normal took me 6 months to sleep more then 5 hours at once. The sneezing will eventually go away but show up here and there sounds like you have restless leg now you should take potassium supplement good job on 30+ days Oxy ruins life's you are an inspiration for the community

jerseyjoey is offline New Member

Cold turkey, i was able to stay sober for 80 days. It took me a good 30 days to feel level again, just physically. Then at about day 75, I was feeling pretty okay. Strong, confident. Still had massive cravings and that was when I went cold turkey. I don't advise cold turkey because it has a higher % that you'll relapse. I relapsed at day 80, then went back to full blown addiction. I am now doing the suboxone program and I feel great. No cravings, I'm just cutting my (30) 12/3mg strips into pieces and taking them as I feel needed. Sometimes I will take 10mg im the morning and 2mg at night. Sometimes I'll take 6 mg in the morning and 6 at night. Sometimes I'll just take the full 12 in the middle of the day. But usually I'm ok. Sometimes I'll only take 4mg and itll last me all day. I'm still new to Sub therapy, but its the bee's knees for quitting IMO.