Day 14 oxycodone free.
    Mommascanlon is offline New Member

Default Day 14 oxycodone free.

Please help. I've been on and off oxycodone for about 3 years for severe back pain. This was done under the supervision of my Dr. The last year I have had to lower back surgeries and one neck surgery. After I healed from my last surgery I decided to kick the oxycodone period was prescribed 15 milligrams every 4 hours. On day 14 oxy free. But still exhausted fatigue have no drive to do anything. Forced myself to take a walk today thought it was going to kill me felt like I had led weights attached to all of my limbs. I'm just getting my appetite back but money is tight and need to feed for children. So eating nice and healthy even getting to the grocery store is very difficult for me. On top of all this three of my children have different forms of mental illness period I am the only one holding all of this together. My house in the last year has going to hell and I desperately need to get back to work to keep food on the table. Is there anything I can do tried energy drinks all they do is make me feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin and then I just sit and cry. Please any advice would be helpful. I have no supports.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mommascanlon View Post
    Please help. I've been on and off oxycodone for about 3 years for severe back pain. This was done under the supervision of my Dr. The last year I have had to lower back surgeries and one neck surgery. After I healed from my last surgery I decided to kick the oxycodone period was prescribed 15 milligrams every 4 hours. On day 14 oxy free. But still exhausted fatigue have no drive to do anything. Forced myself to take a walk today thought it was going to kill me felt like I had led weights attached to all of my limbs. I'm just getting my appetite back but money is tight and need to feed for children. So eating nice and healthy even getting to the grocery store is very difficult for me. On top of all this three of my children have different forms of mental illness period I am the only one holding all of this together. My house in the last year has going to hell and I desperately need to get back to work to keep food on the table. Is there anything I can do tried energy drinks all they do is make me feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin and then I just sit and cry. Please any advice would be helpful. I have no supports.
    Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on quitting the opiates, 14 days is great! You are through the acute stages of withdrawal but the low energy, no motivation, sleep issues, depression and/or anxiety will continue for a while, it is part of the detox and recovery process! All of these things will improve as more clean time passes, unfortunately the low energy, lack of motivation and sleep are usually the last things that return to normal. There are a few things you can do to help the process along, you can use the following items below from the Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawal from here on out.

- L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store or online.

- Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

- Vitamin B6 caps.

"Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it."

"Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help."

"Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast."

"As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better."

In addition to the above you should be drinking plenty of water, eating as healthy as possible (lots of protein, try protein shakes as well) and lastly you should *AVOID* all caffeine (coffee, energy drinks, etc.) for at least a couple of months! Hang in there, it will get better and you'll probably notice that any pain that you have now will be much less after a couple months off of the opiates! Best of luck to you! Keep us updated on your progress? Take care... God bless us all!

P.S.
    Always remember - "One pill is too many and a thousand pills will never be enough!"

Mommascanlon is offline New Member

On day 21 oxycodone free. Have been taking st. John's wart and strong b vitamin regiment. But I still feel like I'm swimming in wet cement. Mood swings ate awful. I have to pull myself together and get back to work. Running out of money and need to keep roof over my family's heads. I'm just so frustrated. I don't drive so I walked to grocery store the other day for food. Though I was going to die. I had to stop about 10 times. Please I don't have much money. Any home remedy ideas? I have no one to help me.