Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
Day 14 of Subutex (Buprenorphine) detox. Help..
    Greetingsfromhell is offline Junior Member

Default Over 90 days clean

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-11-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Post Over 90 days clean

Hey everyone,

Not sure why my post was deleted for swearing as there were no swears but ok. Here goes again...hope everyone is doing ok! Apologies for not posting for a while, I came down with a terrible cold that lasted 2 weeks , and then got bronchitis...boy, what a ride this has been and unfortunately (or fortunately- depends which side you're on) still going. Over 3 months clean off subs and I'm still experiencing physical symptoms.. mostly intermittent chills/goosebumps, still sweating (not quite as bad as before though), yawning and sneezing, lack of energy, and bad anxiety. Sleep still bad. But I'm getting about 4-5 hrs a night now give or take. Interestingly, I was getting more up until recently, like 6-7 hrs , not sure what changed but it got worse for me somehow. Clonidine helps. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night. Trazodone gives me crazy nightmares, so I don't use it every night. But damn, who could have known the withdrawal would last this long? Some good news though, I've been working out a lot and eating like a horse and I've gained like 10 lbs of muscle, the color came back to my face etc, everyone says I look great...all good things. Just wish this thing would end already so I can feel physically normal again.. I hope it's not permanent. Mentally I feel ok, I don't feel depressed.. Just trying to stay strong so I can finish this off and hopefully be an inspiration to others going through similar circumstances...and if it can help anyone in any way that will make me feel so good just to know that hope is alive... What I've gone through, and what I'm going through still, it's hard. You have to be strong, you have to be tough. I won't give up and I won't give in. No surrender, no defeat. Hope to hear from anyone who's reading this and is willing to share. Knowing you guys are there has helped me so much and I can't wait to hear from you.

All the best,
    Greetings

Leza14 is offline Junior Member

Loved reading your post. I'm thankful that my struggle hasn't been as hard as yours and it made me realize if you can get through what you are getting through then so can I. I had to come on the board tonight because I'm 5 days in and of course the addict in me is telling me it will be ok to take a couple hydros. I know it won't be so I'm trying to shake the thoughts. I have had an ok time sleeping. I have insomnia anyway and have tamazapam to help with that. My script of 30 can last me like 9 months but I have taken one every night the last 5 days. Since it's Friday and I don't have to work tomorrow I'm gonna skip it tonight and see how I do. I wasn't able to take any time off work to detox so that's sucked. I have a job that requires me to interact and be pleasant with customers ALL DAY and man has that been a struggle to put on a show lol. I would go hide in the bathroom and give myself a peep talk when it got to bad. Anyway, wanted to say that I'm super proud of you. You're a warrior and I pray you find relief and get back to normal soon. Best wishes.
    Greetingsfromhell and eazzye like this.

Hi Greetings! There is a sub-forum specifically for suboxone detox (no pun). If you post over there there are more of us who will see your post. Please include your full history when you post so we can all weigh in based on where you are at.
    Greetingsfromhell likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Justfortodaytx View Post
    Hi Greetings! There is a sub-forum specifically for suboxone detox (no pun). If you post over there there are more of us who will see your post. Please include your full history when you post so we can all weigh in based on where you are at.
    Sounds good. Can you post a link? Thanks

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greetingsfromhell View Post
    Sounds good. Can you post a link? Thanks
    Hey Greetings - no need to start a new thread in the Suboxone Treatment forum. Your complete journey is here with all your posts and replies from others, it would be confusing to start a new thread at this point. There are other threads as well regarding suboxone/subutex in different forums throughout this website not just specifically the Suboxone Treatment forum. I personally read through all the forums as well as many others do.

Ideally your thread would of been better if started in the Suboxone Treatment forum but since it here now it's just fine where it's at!

By the way, congratulations on 90+ days clean, that is AWESOME! And remember, you were on subs for 6 years which is a very long time, it is not surprising or uncommon that you are still experiencing some withdrawal symptoms. Things will continue to improve as more clean time passes. Be very proud of yourself! Take care... God bless us all!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Hey Greetings - no need to start a new thread in the Suboxone Treatment forum. Your complete journey is here with all your posts and replies from others, it would be confusing to start a new thread at this point. There are other threads as well regarding suboxone/subutex in different forums throughout this website not just specifically the Suboxone Treatment forum. I personally read through all the forums as well as many others do.

Ideally your thread would of been better if started in the Suboxone Treatment forum but since it here now it's just fine where it's at!

By the way, congratulations on 90+ days clean, that is AWESOME! And remember, you were on subs for 6 years which is a very long time, it is not surprising or uncommon that you are still experiencing some withdrawal symptoms. Things will continue to improve as more clean time passes. Be very proud of yourself! Take care... God bless us all!
    Thank you for the wise words! I really appreciate it. It's been such a hard road, and just when I was starting to wonder if things were ever going to improve...I believe things are finally starting to look up for me..think I may be starting to catch a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel here. This week I felt a tangible improvement. Although withdrawal is still present, symptoms are lessened now. They come and go instead of being constantly present. (The one exception seems to be the sweating, but even that has lessened a bit now, thankfully. It's not as bad as before) I cannot tell you how much of a relief this is. I feel like I've been in a war. Sleep still sucks, but I'm down to taking clonidine only in the evening before bed now. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I know I'm going to wake up one of these days and feel normal again. I'm so excited. I'm getting closer now. Maybe another month or so...can't wait. My hope has been renewed. I can't wait to say, "I did it!".

Greetings

Jbeyoutiful is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Welcome!

You jumped from 8mg! WOW! Huge congrats for making it for two weeks. In a nutshell, I would recommend that you NOT introduce anything into your life except for vitamins, supplements, protein, and lots of good old fashioned water. It doesn't sound like the valium is helping. You've been taking it for 10 days. There may be others who disagree with me but if I were you, I would at the very least cut the amount you are taking down if not eliminate it all together before it becomes a problem because it will. If you do need to use it, take a dose at night if it'll help you sleep. If it doesn't, get rid of it. Kratom? NO! It is very addicting and the withdrawal symptoms mimic those of opiate withdrawal. Don't even consider it.

I can only imagine how hard this is but if you're determined to stay off subs and be clean, then the best and only way to do it is to abstain from all addictive substances. The danger of replacing the sub with something else is high. That's what we addicts do. The addict switch has been flipped and we will abuse whatever is within our grasp.

How much longer is a good question and I'm assuming you don't want me to sugar coat it. You've got another couple weeks I'm afraid. 8mg/day for 6 years is a lot of sub. Stay active here. Use your thread as a journal. Being clean is worth every minute of what you are experiencing and sometimes we have to walk through fire to get here. My best wishes.

Peace,

Cat
    Hey cat,i seen you liked my post but only half of it had payed and the rest is in the "replies" i dont know why. Can't you offer some advice after reading it through?
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbeyoutiful View Post
    Hey cat,i seen you liked my post but only half of it had payed and the rest is in the "replies" i dont know why. Can't you offer some advice after reading it through?
    Sorry about that. I just posted on your new thread so check it out and I'll watch for you to respond.

Default 10 months clean

No idea how I survived 10+ months. I'm still experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms (sweating, chills, restlesness, rls, insomnia). I am so worn down and sick of this. Still can't sleep a wink without taking medication. I fear I've made a huge mistake. But I also fear going back on Subs. I'm so tired...

My plan is to make it a year (January 17th will be a year - hard to believe)

After that I'm not sure what's going to happen. Do I just go on and endlessly? What's the alternative..

Do I go back on a microdose of sub until I'm stable and then try again? *Shudders at the thought of this*

I have no answers. Perhaps I'm just destined for a life of misery?

All I can say is taper, taper, taper. I used to think tapering was hard. Try going through a year of withdrawal.

I feel like I've come so far.. And yet who knows how much longer I have to go before I find some glimmer of hope. May be in uncharted territory here.

Greetings

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hey there greetings... Sorry to hear you are going through this hell. I have not gone back through your thread but I'm assuming you are not taking anything 10months Congratulations... Don't give up don't give in I Promise you it will start to balance out. I've been where you are at 10 months those were the words I was screaming just let it end I felt so defeated but I hung in and things started getting better by the day I'm now just alittle over 13 months I thank God I didn't give into the drugs. Keep posting we are all here to support you..

You can do this......
    Life clean is so much better...

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

No idea how I survived 10+ months. I'm still experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms (sweating, chills, restlesness, rls, insomnia). I am so worn down and sick of this. Still can't sleep a wink without taking medication. I fear I've made a huge mistake. But I also fear going back on Subs. I'm so tired...

My plan is to make it a year (January 17th will be a year - hard to believe)

After that I'm not sure what's going to happen. Do I just go on and endlessly? What's the alternative..

Do I go back on a microdose of sub until I'm stable and then try again? *Shudders at the thought of this*

I have no answers. Perhaps I'm just destined for a life of misery?

All I can say is taper, taper, taper. I used to think tapering was hard. Try going through a year of withdrawal.

I feel like I've come so far.. And yet who knows how much longer I have to go before I find some glimmer of hope. May be in uncharted territory here.

Greetings

Hello G.F.H. -

I'm trying to get a better idea of what's going on with you. I read your thread from day one and see you were on the subs for 6 years. And you were on 8mgs daily. And then I see you jumped from an 8mg dose of sub. Yikes! That's the short version of the backstory.

You deserve to be Congratulated for having 10+ months clean. That's truly Awesome! But you report still having SEVERE withdrawal symptoms and that's terrible. You say you are having MANY wd symptoms and that's distressing. It's entirely possible you could be in a state of Paws, but Paws symptoms don't last any substantial length of time. They usually pop up, last a while between 2 minutes to 10 minutes then dissipate. Paws symptoms are the short version of regular wd's. So you could be having Paws, but if I had to guess I would say you're not in Paws.

If I were you I would make an appointment with your doctor for a comlete checkup including blood work. You could be having something going on that needs attention?

Whatever you do I would NOT begin taking the subs again. That's not the answer. With the clean time you have it makes no sense to get back on the subs. If you only had a week or so clean and having these kinds of symptoms then I owuld suggest you get back on, but not now.

Get to the doctor and see what's up. Let us know what you find out and we'll go from there. Hope you feel better real soon.

Randy

GoodDaysAhead is offline Member

Greetingsfromhell, I can really relate to what you're experiencing. I feel for you. Where you're at is a truly dark and lonely place to be...waiting for things to let up, not sure if you will ever feel better. I've been exactly where you are at right now. You are not alone, my friend and I can tell you that it does get better. Some of us unfortunately experience a very difficult withdrawal. The brain is the most complex organ in the body and healing can vary from person to person. The dose amount, brain makeup, length of time on the drug and tapering all plays a part. I'm over 16 months now after long term Methadone use and am doing so much better. It just took time, and staying away from any and all mind altering drugs/medications. This includes benzos and alcohol. Just have to give your brain the time it needs to repair itself. I am like a different person now. I laugh (harder/louder than I ever did while using) and have excitement for things again. Is everyday perfect? No, and I don't expect it to be...its life and learning how to deal with all the stresses that come with it. I'm now relearning how to live, but you know what? Even at over 16 months, I know my brain is still working some kinks out. I'm okay now with giving my brain the time it needs because I'm doing so much better...I feel alive! And it's only going to get better as more time passes. Please do not go back to Suboxone, or any opioid. Give it some more time and you will start having better and better days which will turn into long stretches of those good days. Time is the only remedy for this. You've done very well. Most have a difficult time feeling withdrawal symptoms for a few months...let alone a year without giving up. Your determination and strength is admirable.

Here is a post just before things turned for me where the paws days--then better days completely stopped.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/prescrip...tml#post534799

I'm so Proud of You GoodDaysAhead.. yes time heals all wounds..
    I'm grateful for you my friend....

Hey greetingsfromhell, Checking in on you today to how you are doing. We are here to support you my friend.. post when you can..

GFH, hang in there...it’s an extremely difficult thing to still be dealing with not only physical, but paws a year after taking that final step and jumping. I sadly know the feeling too well. You try to do what’s good, what’s right by turning your life around, take that step and remove this negative from your life only to be stuck in what seems like a nightmare...a never ending withdrawal that goes on and is relentless. You are not alone. You should be almost at that turning point where you will begin experiencing more and more better days. To be honest for a moment...I too, have had thoughts, and on occasion still do have them, of going back on a micro dose of subs and doing a slow taper in hopes of that fixing things. I fear that since so much healing has already taken place, that it may end up doing more harm than good...so I continue to push on. It helps to have someone to talk to, who can relate in some way to what you’re going through. Some NA meetings may have people who have, or are still going through this type of lengthy withdrawal. I know it’s the last thing you want to do because that awful restlessness and anxiety make everything so difficult. If you can find someone who relates and even listening to others stories helps. It can help get you through the real tough periods knowing you’re not alone.

Does it get better? Absolutely. Is it a slow process? Unfortunately, long term paws is an incredibly slow process, but while it comes and goes, it’s manageable and those days become further and further apart. You should be very, very proud of what you have accomplished thus far. Most people can’t even fathom going through those first few months for 10 months. Majority would quit...but you didn’t. Man, your post and experience reminds me so much of myself and how I was just before I began to get more of those good days. Even though I exercised, it really began helping towards the one year mark. Keep strong, okay? I don’t know you, but hearing that you are still persevering makes me so very proud of you. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that for those of us who experience this type of withdrawal begin feeling better by that one year mark. Things will start to get better soon...believe in that.

Hello greetingsfromhell, doing a drive by to see how it's going these days. You are not alone everything you are going through I've been through. I can promise you now at 14 months clean it just does get better it balances out you know. Hang in there I do believe going back on the garbage is not the answer I believe time..Time to heal, for some of us it takes alittle longer but " this too shall pass" Gooddaysahead nailed it it's relentless it's defeating push through it. remember on those bad days that it's just a feeling it will pass til your just going about Life. Keep reading and posting my friend we are all here to support you.

Lvg -

I'm so grateful for your words and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you checking in on me. Knowing that you have gone through what I am going through is helping me, because I don't feel as alone. I've been hard pressed to find others that are going through this type of long, extended physical w/d and you are an inspiration to me. I believe you when you say that it will get better, and that hope is giving me a big boost right now. I am trying really hard to take care of myself and keep things together... I suffer everyday but I won't go back.. I just keep believing and looking towards the future. Feeling grateful. I can't wait to live my life and be free. I want it so bad. January 17 will be the one year mark for me. I'm hoping I'll be good by springtime. As soon as my withdrawal ends I will be going away on a trip somewhere beautiful. I plan on rewarding myself for this. I am not there yet, but once I am done battling, I plan to do wonderful things. I've been making a list of all the things I want to do once I am no longer sick. So I look forward to that. I think once the physical symptoms stop I will feel so much better, no longer feeling uncomfortable all the time. Well, Happy New Year and I wish you wonderful tidings. May the new year usher in peace, tranquility, and love. This is what I am looking to fill my heart and soul with in the new year, as I become reborn and learn how to live again. All the best to you.

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hello G.F.H. -

I'm trying to get a better idea of what's going on with you. I read your thread from day one and see you were on the subs for 6 years. And you were on 8mgs daily. And then I see you jumped from an 8mg dose of sub. Yikes! That's the short version of the backstory.

You deserve to be Congratulated for having 10+ months clean. That's truly Awesome! But you report still having SEVERE withdrawal symptoms and that's terrible. You say you are having MANY wd symptoms and that's distressing. It's entirely possible you could be in a state of Paws, but Paws symptoms don't last any substantial length of time. They usually pop up, last a while between 2 minutes to 10 minutes then dissipate. Paws symptoms are the short version of regular wd's. So you could be having Paws, but if I had to guess I would say you're not in Paws.

If I were you I would make an appointment with your doctor for a comlete checkup including blood work. You could be having something going on that needs attention?

Whatever you do I would NOT begin taking the subs again. That's not the answer. With the clean time you have it makes no sense to get back on the subs. If you only had a week or so clean and having these kinds of symptoms then I owuld suggest you get back on, but not now.

Get to the doctor and see what's up. Let us know what you find out and we'll go from there. Hope you feel better real soon.

Randy
    Randy -

Wanted to let you know that I went to the doc and had a full workup done. They checked everything, including thyroid, testosterone levels etc. So the story is - on paper I am a picture of health. The results from the blood work were excellent. So there is nothing additional wrong with me, which is a relief I guess in some ways, but also makes me frustrated that there is nothing that can be "fixed" at the moment. I suppose this will just take some additional time, but as you said - its very distressing and very difficult to live with. I can tell you, this is not paws. This is acute physical withdrawal that is with me 24 hours a day. It makes me sad and it makes me angry that I am still dealing with this, but I realize that going back on subs would be a terrible mistake ..really doesn't make any sense like you said.. my plan is to never touch subs again. Here's to feeling better soon and not going back - *cheers*

Greetings

Hey there you are. I so get everything you are saying. I know how this journey off that garbage is so relentless it's defeating but don't give in. I'm telling you I searched high and low for a cure, finding someone going through paws at one year plus was impossible most are dead or Relapsed. I didn't give in though finally my brain just balanced out. I found one person only one person successfully off Methadone 18 months still experiencing paws symptoms, not taking any other drugs clean and still have paws symptoms. I'm not sure why some of us take longer for our brain and body to heal but it does it's time my friend keep pushing. I work out only thing I truly found that helps. Keep posting it helps. You can do this. I'm here to support you..

GoodDays -

Apologies for the delayed reponse.. I've been struggling hard.. All I can say is thank you ... when I read your posts I was at a loss for words, I relate so much to you and everything you are saying, I feel like I am in the 11th round of a heavy weight fight. I've been knocked around so many times but I refuse to go down. I want to go the distance. Looking to that 1 year mark coming up soon and praying to feel better moving forward. I just need a sign that the physical stuff will calm down and I'm sure if that happens, I will feel a million times better and have renewed faith. That's what I'm looking for. It's crazy how you break it down so accurately what I'm feeling because you know what's up and that makes me feel really good - knowing you're here and you made it through. I saw in your thread how you had that period where the w/d came back for 4 days and that must have been scary not knowing what was going on. However, knowing that you made it through..that's how you do it. we don't give up. When you write in your post I literally feel what you're saying... I feel so many emotions when I read it. Man.. I don't know what to say I'm having a tough time finding the words. I'm just grateful that you are here because it helps so much knowing that I'm not alone. I think I made a huge mistake quitting subs cold turkey at such a high dose but I'm here now and if I make it through this you can bet that I'm never going back. I'm honestly disgusted by it and I have no desire to take any pills. I have to take clonidine to help with my symptoms and also to help me sleep a few hours here and there. I'm trying not to take any benzos but I have been taking them a couple days a week here and there, then I'll go like 10-14 days without taking them because I'm trying to be safe. If I take 1mg I sleep for 8 hours no problem, which is great. But I know that to rely on them would be a big mistake. I'm not going to trade one addiction for another, and also eventually I want to be able to sleep naturally without anything. If I could sleep 6-8 hours a night just with taking clonidine that would be great, but unfortunately because of the physical w/d and clonidine only lasting 3-4 hours, I will wake up with w/d in the middle of the night. After that, I have to take it again and it takes like an hour for me to fall back asleep for another 3-4 hours. It's pretty rough. The good thing about clonidine though is it's pretty safe and won't change your brain chemistry (unlike opiates and benzos) so I think I'm ok taking it. Otherwise it's very difficult to function and I can start shaking and sweating and having chills etc. I've been going to the gym and working out like 3x a week and lifting heavy there and also eating a lot. That has helped a lot. It's funny - when I go to the gym I don't take clonidine because it makes me a bit tired, weak, and sleepy. But while I'm at the gym, working out hard - I don't feel physical w/d. It's not until I get home after that I feel the symptoms return. Funny how that works. Even when I take clonidine, I can still feel goosebumps and chills sometimes, and I start sweating too or I can clammy hands and feet, or sneeze a bit...but it's not nearly as bad as without it. I'm hanging in there, surviving and being tough. That's what it's all about. This is as much a mental game as it is a physical one, if not more so. I know I'm strong mentally and this is what has carried me this far. Can't believe the one year mark is coming up in two weeks. I'll just keep living, one day at a time and hanging tough...appreciate all your advice and reading your posts have helped me so much. THANK YOU.

GFH

GFH,

Glad you came back and gave an update. Things should lighten up for you real soon. It’s definitely a battle...like being in a war actually. I can say that without a doubt, this has been the most difficult thing I have ever done. Just remember that it’s only temporary. Jumping from a heavy dose of these types of mu receptor affecting drugs shocks your system, and it unfortunately is such a slow process getting things back to working order. I like to be truthful and honest, as I feel sugarcoating things can often be more harmful than good.
    You’re going to have many days, and even months where you are back to normal...often better than normal because so much is better without these synthetic opioids like sub messing with your receptors and endorphins. The empathy, the appreciation for even the little things. It feels like you’re actually living again.

You’re also going to most likely have periods where paws sets back in while your brain is still trying to get back to normal. With long term use and not tapering correctly, I just call it paws. For me, it comes with a lot of physical symptoms....not just emotional. Feels like your CNS is ramped up and are in constant state of fight or flight during these times. Bowel issues, rls upon waking, that >>>>>> anxiousness, waking more often during the night, sweats and sneezing. It comes on quick, then can be gone just as quick as it came on. The big thing to remember is it doesn’t last and does pass. These bouts of paws or whatever you choose to call it end up becoming further and further apart as time goes by. As I said, the big mark for me was around the 1yr point. That’s when I began to notice more and more of the good days and further and further of those bad days.

Yeah, it can be scary feeling great for days or weeks, only to be smacked with these episodes, but all these symptoms are simply a sign that the brain is still not done healing yet. I found getting away really helped me in the earlier stages, and still does. I would take the girlfriend camping in the summer and to a resort a couple hours away from here in the winter. Try to go somewhere relaxing....to a place that you enjoy and is stress free.

I’ll tell you, It takes so much strength and perseverance to continue dealing with this type of withdrawal. Not many could last... but you are doing it! A year is a big deal, and you should be very proud of what you have accomplished. That turning point for you should be right around the corner. Stay strong, my friend.

GoodDays -

Apologies for the delayed reponse.. I've been struggling hard.. All I can say is thank you ... when I read your posts I was at a loss for words, I relate so much to you and everything you are saying, I feel like I am in the 11th round of a heavy weight fight. I've been knocked around so many times but I refuse to go down. I want to go the distance. Looking to that 1 year mark coming up soon and praying to feel better moving forward. I just need a sign that the physical stuff will calm down and I'm sure if that happens, I will feel a million times better and have renewed faith. That's what I'm looking for. It's crazy how you break it down so accurately what I'm feeling because you know what's up and that makes me feel really good - knowing you're here and you made it through. I saw in your thread how you had that period where the w/d came back for 4 days and that must have been scary not knowing what was going on. However, knowing that you made it through..that's how you do it. we don't give up. When you write in your post I literally feel what you're saying... I feel so many emotions when I read it. Man.. I don't know what to say I'm having a tough time finding the words. I'm just grateful that you are here because it helps so much knowing that I'm not alone. I think I made a huge mistake quitting subs cold turkey at such a high dose but I'm here now and if I make it through this you can bet that I'm never going back. I'm honestly disgusted by it and I have no desire to take any pills. I have to take clonidine to help with my symptoms and also to help me sleep a few hours here and there. I'm trying not to take any benzos but I have been taking them a couple days a week here and there, then I'll go like 10-14 days without taking them because I'm trying to be safe. If I take 1mg I sleep for 8 hours no problem, which is great. But I know that to rely on them would be a big mistake. I'm not going to trade one addiction for another, and also eventually I want to be able to sleep naturally without anything. If I could sleep 6-8 hours a night just with taking clonidine that would be great, but unfortunately because of the physical w/d and clonidine only lasting 3-4 hours, I will wake up with w/d in the middle of the night. After that, I have to take it again and it takes like an hour for me to fall back asleep for another 3-4 hours. It's pretty rough. The good thing about clonidine though is it's pretty safe and won't change your brain chemistry (unlike opiates and benzos) so I think I'm ok taking it. Otherwise it's very difficult to function and I can start shaking and sweating and having chills etc. I've been going to the gym and working out like 3x a week and lifting heavy there and also eating a lot. That has helped a lot. It's funny - when I go to the gym I don't take clonidine because it makes me a bit tired, weak, and sleepy. But while I'm at the gym, working out hard - I don't feel physical w/d. It's not until I get home after that I feel the symptoms return. Funny how that works. Even when I take clonidine, I can still feel goosebumps and chills sometimes, and I start sweating too or I can clammy hands and feet, or sneeze a bit...but it's not nearly as bad as without it. I'm hanging in there, surviving and being tough. That's what it's all about. This is as much a mental game as it is a physical one, if not more so. I know I'm strong mentally and this is what has carried me this far. Can't believe the one year mark is coming up in two weeks. I'll just keep living, one day at a time and hanging tough...appreciate all your advice and reading your posts have helped me so much. THANK YOU.

GFH

Hey There -

Just wondering how you're doing? Hopefully you'll see this and pop in with an update.

Randy

Hello GFH,. Yes Give us an update we are all here to support you...

Hi guys -

I am still here...surviving by the skin of my teeth, but hanging tough every single day. Normal things just become so challenging, getting up, getting dressed, making food, going to work, dragging my ass to the gym..and I'm so tired.. so exhausted of this. If the sweating and chills could just cease and desist, then that would be such a huge relief. Hopefully they will stop soon. I feel like that is making my insomnia so much worse, because it's non-stop. I can't believe a year is coming up in 1 week. Feeling positive about that and looking forward to the future because I am hoping that some of my symptoms will start to calm the heck down, my brain will start to heal, and I can start having some good days. It's hard to know what state I am in exactly now. I guess I will find out in hindsight, once I am able to actually evaluate it based on experience. I am starting DLPA again to help with mood and dopamine production (I had stopped taking it for a while) hopefully it can help me get through the hump, anyways its not a magic bullet by any stretch of the imagination, but I am for whatever can help me get through this as I am trying to get right.

I sleep like >>>> for only several hours at a time and that is only if I take clonidine. The worst feeling is waking up and my hands and feet start sweating and I have that gross feeling , you know the one where you feel you have to take a dose in order to be able to relax or go back to sleep again. if that could improve and I could start managing to sleep uninterrupted for longer periods of time (even if I have to take clonidine) then that would be a huge sign of positive improvement in my opinion. If that happens I imagine it will speed the process up because I would be getting more rest. My dream is to be able to sleep naturally without taking anything. Who knows how long that will actually take? I don't want to get too far ahead of myself but I can hope. Maybe my recovery will start to speed up after the 1 year mark..

Walkley822 is offline Member

Hi GFH, I read your story and you’re such an inspiration of strength if there ever was one. My first thought was that your acute symptoms would probably dissipate after the 1 year mark and you are SO close. Can’t give up just yet. It looks and sounds like many people are rooting for you and your success which is fantastic. Keep doing you and trying to continue on with your sober life even if it’s one step at a time - wake up, get dressed, go to work, go to gym, etc. I’m in a similar boat as you are in right now which is why this resonates. Even though I’m tapering off subs, I’m experiencing wds and living my every day life is proving to be more difficult than I anticipated. It’s full of those non stop mountainous hurdles. But my experience doesn’t hold a candle to your suffering. I hope and pray it gets better for you. You get closer to your best life with each passing day. This WILL come to an end eventually. It has to. Most people say there’s been a “build up” of sub in your system (and that isn’t always wrong) but when actually, the problem you’re experiencing is your neurons are so used to getting the sub and a high dose at that, that over the course of 6 years (if I remember correctly) taking it, their chemical makeup changed and they developed more opiate receptors for the sub along the way. So each dopamine neuron is riddled with extra receptors you never had prior to opiates and it’s going to take a while for them to a) stop firing and b) “looking” for the chemical they’ve so gotten accustomed to that they changed their chemical make up to receive it. And of course c) for those extra receptors to unnattach themselves and wither away. That’s why a taper is suggested as it gives the person’s brain time for this to occur and not shock the neurons/receptors. It’s a science. I hope this puts a little perspective around it so you know there is much more going on in your sobriety than you know. You shocked your system but your allowing the healing process to take place with each passing day. You got this!

Hello Greetingsfromhell, I'm glad your still here. I'm really not sure what DLPA is but for me when I decided to go coldturkey off the garbage at massive amounts for many many years I was doing it with Absolutely no other drugs. No comfort meds I was taking ibprophen that's all but that one ibprophen became many addict Behaviours for this Addict. The first few months we're tourturous, I thought I was dying but for sure I wasn't and I didn't. Than as months and months went on physically I was still experiencing withdrawals awful. I searched and searched for an answer at a year the paws were still there mind you not as bad as early Recovery but there. I was feeling so Defeated. Several times Thought of giving up.. thank God for my recovery partner telling me it takes Time..... At 13 months it started for me to just lift.. and Today 15 months clean I'm just Living Life now. I promise it does pass everyone is different so I'm here to tell you yes it's TIME...don't give in my friend..take it one day at a time...

Default 1 Year Clean Today

I'm staying strong, it's hard because unfortunately I am struggling today. Yesterday was a slightly better day, but today is the 1 year mark. I last took Suboxone 1 year ago. It's hard to believe it has been a year. I feel like I have lost a year of my life to this withdrawal, but I don't know what to do except keep trying to push forward. I just want the pain to end. I have so many things I want to do, things I want to accomplish. It's dragging down my spirit. I am praying that things turn for me soon. Hearing you guys and the posts and positivity has helped me so much. I don't feel alone anymore now, and I think I can do it too. I believe in myself, and even though I never gave up hope, there have been times when I felt defeated and helpless. You guys are an inspiration to me. I couldn't find anyone that had even gone through this type of long term acute physical withdrawal until recently. I am grateful for everyone in this thread.

LVG and GoodDays - how did you guys even sleep without meds? I didn't sleep for the first 3 weeks straight (no idea how I survived that) and that was with taking medication! It didn't even do anything. Now I can sleep a few hours here and there with clonidine. I'm so tired all the time I can barely work.. I've thought about quitting my job so many times and just focusing on my recovery but financially it would be difficult. I will press on for now.

Did the withdrawal completely stop for you guys now? You don't feel any symptoms? How is your sleep?

Hey...1 year, that's something isn't it? I need to get to the gym today, I haven't been since Saturday... Looking forward to getting better and healing completely so that I can get on with my life! Thank you for all the support, it means so much to me.

Greetings
    Lvg nghtmare and Randy35 like this.

Hey GFH, I really understand everything you are going through believe me. I've lived it I only found one person off that garbage that was Honestly clean off all drugs going through PAWS yes I said it it's real I battled all you are going through up til a few months ago yes I was feeling defeated almost gave up thank God I have that one friend who helped me through. It's finally passed I'm just Living Life free it's amazing I can stress enough don't give up things will balance out it just takes some alittle longer I promise you. You have good weeks and bad ride it out. I am now 15 free and clean...Hopefully GDH will swing by with his experience Strength and Hope. Read my thread all your going through I did to. Keep posting I am here to support you.

I'm staying strong, it's hard because unfortunately I am struggling today. Yesterday was a slightly better day, but today is the 1 year mark. I last took Suboxone 1 year ago. It's hard to believe it has been a year. I feel like I have lost a year of my life to this withdrawal, but I don't know what to do except keep trying to push forward. I just want the pain to end. I have so many things I want to do, things I want to accomplish. It's dragging down my spirit. I am praying that things turn for me soon. Hearing you guys and the posts and positivity has helped me so much. I don't feel alone anymore now, and I think I can do it too. I believe in myself, and even though I never gave up hope, there have been times when I felt defeated and helpless. You guys are an inspiration to me. I couldn't find anyone that had even gone through this type of long term acute physical withdrawal until recently. I am grateful for everyone in this thread.

LVG and GoodDays - how did you guys even sleep without meds? I didn't sleep for the first 3 weeks straight (no idea how I survived that) and that was with taking medication! It didn't even do anything. Now I can sleep a few hours here and there with clonidine. I'm so tired all the time I can barely work.. I've thought about quitting my job so many times and just focusing on my recovery but financially it would be difficult. I will press on for now.

Did the withdrawal completely stop for you guys now? You don't feel any symptoms? How is your sleep?

Hey...1 year, that's something isn't it? I need to get to the gym today, I haven't been since Saturday... Looking forward to getting better and healing completely so that I can get on with my life! Thank you for all the support, it means so much to me.

Greetings

It's more than just something, it's an AMAZING accomplishment and you should be extremely proud of yourself. Not many ever get to where you are now. So CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Sorry you're still having some issues. But I know they will pass. Have you ever read UncleLeo's thread? He's in a similar situation as you are. Lots ion clean time and still struggling even though lately he's having better time with things. If you haven't read it I suggest you do from beginning to end, and it's a long one. If you can't find it I'll provide the link.

Again, congrats to you!

Randy

Here's the link to UncleLeo's thread:
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...wer-69249.html
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-17-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast