Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree81Likes
Day 14 of Subutex (Buprenorphine) detox. Help..
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Good Morning GFH, You are not alone...
    As far as sleep it took a long time to just get barely 5 hours. Today I just don't fight it I get up start my day. Don't leave your job try to stay active it really helps the brain to heal. I know the pure exhaustion of it all but I can openly and Honestly tell you it all passed it will for you to my friend just keep pushing every day. take one day at a time.. keep me updated...I no doubt it will get easier soon...
    Greetingsfromhell likes this.

Greetingsfromhell is offline Junior Member

Post Staying Strong

Doing everything I can to make it through, need things to go back to normal soon! At least for the sweating and chills to stop. THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. Sleep sucks, I get that part. but I need to stop feeling physical withdrawal. It's almost comical at this point...like welcome to my life ... 2 more weeks to get to 13 months clean, I know I can do this because I have come this far... and everyone here is awesome and you guys build me up and make me feel good, breaking down the experiences, the emotions, the science.. this has been so freaking scary...........at this point I am just waiting for it to end but so I can take a damn vacation, I just want to feel cool as a cucumber again, that's not too much to ask right? Just want to be free.

Greetings
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hello GFH, I know what you are going through my friend it does seem like a cruel joke. Keep powering through I know what your saying I have no idea but believe me I do. Even after 12 months I was experiencing paws mind you it was getting easier as time was going by but at times I was so defeated. For me I had to change my diet and even with that at 15 months still have stomach issues. The sweating was the worst for me everyone here kept promising me this too shall pass well this whole Journey for me has been a learning and growing experience. As I have been abusing drugs since I was 17 now 30 years later I got older and of course beat my body up. It takes time to heal from all the garbage. I know for this Addict I watch Everything I put in my body today. I found all the aleive I was taking was actually making me sweat at night sugars caffeine red meat all has an effect on me today. Sleep have no suggestions there take it when you get it. Stay active stay hydrated take it one day at a time. The best thing I have done for my recovery was having a recovery partner that can identify with what I'm going through, I was where you are at and finally realised I couldn't do this alone..I'm so grateful for him today..he has and is helping me be the person I am Today.. like all on this fourm a family a bond for life. We do recover my friend we are not broken.

Hey Greetings who we doing?

I can't seem to go to bed on time. Maybe it's because I fear knowing I won't be able to go to sleep, since I can only get a few hours at a time anyway. Overall, I would say I am doing slightly better, although my symptoms are basically the same. Just so tired of it all. I came down with a cold (which is a joke compared to everything else. I survived bronchitis a few months back, that was way worse) well - I put my life on hold for a year and I am so ready to start living it again! My new and improved life that is. Will I just wake up one day and no longer have sweating and chills, sneezing and restlessness? Does it just stop ? Lvg - you don't feel any physical withdrawal anymore, right? You said around 13 months it stopped for you...maybe it will take longer for me, although I hope not. As far as a recovery partner...I don't have anyone. The only person who even knows about this is my friend who helped take care of me the first month. She doesn't really understand what I'm doing through but it meant a lot to have her looking in on me other than that I've just been chugging along on my own! I made it this far, but I'm sure you're right... I'm just not one to attend meetings or go seek out it because I tend to be a very private person. I'm lucky I found this forum. You guys are a blessing in my life. *Feeling grateful*

Greetings
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey Greetings, oh the flu... cakewalk compared to what you are going through.
    Yes just one day it seems to lift. I still have days that I'm mentally and Physically exhausted but I believe it's all just normal. I'm also grateful for this forum in early recovery everyone here pushed me. I know for me at 6 months I was still miserable still going through awful physical symptoms, sweats ughh chills I had zero motivation I didn't even go out of the house. Just awful. I went into the rooms at 6 months I believe it gave me the tools today to live life clean it's changed me but it didn't stop the paws which seemed to go on forever. Yes having a recovery partner who was going through what I was helped to know that I wasn't Broken. The days the weeks the months of feeling ok one day than crashing into a brick wall was so defeating without him I just don't think I could have been strong enough I couldn't do it alone. I had to cut out people places and things that were stressful in early Recovery I feel we are vunerable. The more I kept Active physically and mentally the day went that much easier. I know just how you feel like will this end.. it will greetingsfromhell... I promise it's Time... On those dark depressing days just know it will pass.. everyone is different man woman size age how much and how long we abused drugs. So yes the Physical symptoms will pass...as for sleep I prolly get 5 hrs I just don't fight it. And sneezing I thought that was over but I still sneeze like crazy, I still have awful stomach issues but I beat my body up for many years so I have to watch what I eat. Now my recovery partner at 18+ months is still battling Paws not real bad but enough to make life miserable... I still have a difference of opinion whether it's Mentally bringing on physical symptoms.. did we damage our cns, dunno. We all heal in our own time ya know. Keep posting it helps to know we are not alone. You are not alone...

Default Have to keep pushing

I hope I am getting closer to feeling normal ... I feel like I am coming nearer to a breaking point. Hopefully something good will come because I have found myself in a precarious position...without going into too much detail, my physical and mental condition has resulted in some negative consequences...work, relationships, financial positions are rapidly deteriorating. I am struggling on multiple levels. I am trying to keep it all together. I know I can do great again, once I am right. I just hope I can keep the ship afloat long enough to see it to shore. Right now I am in bed, shaking intermittently because I have chills. Today I had no motivation and I couldn't even make it out of the house, I was also sweating for a good portion of the day. I've got 13 months under my belt. I hope my path becomes clear and that I can find the strength to bridge the gap. I've gone on so long it seems endless. Don't really remember much from the past year. All I know is there were positive moments and emotions that I did feel even through this hell. Holding onto those, because they were glimpses into a possible future. All I know is when this ends I'm going to feel like a million bucks because after what I've been through I am going to appreciate it that much more. I just have to keep pushing.

Hey Greetings yes keep pushing look how far you have come. I'm sure your physical symptoms are not as a bad as day one eh remember the good days you have and know your body and brain is still healing. You jumped from a massive crazy amount of drugs Imo I believe that we put our bodies in shock this is why I believe that tapering down to a lower dose is just easier on the body. I couldn't taper either I suffered physically and mentally such a long time. Have you had a physical lately? Are you taking any medications today. Diet, exercise this all plays a part in this journey. I still have stomach issues I still have a day or two that I'm just off physically and that leads me to mentally being down. It passes as quickly as it comes on. I know for me stress triggers all that physical paws all over again. Mind is a powerful thing I know that I'm still early in recovery and have to be mindful of everything everyday. I'm almost 16months clean but even my worst day is not as good as being free and clean today. I have had several blood tests let's say my results were not so good.. Vitamin d extremely low prolly why I have zero energy ughhh getting older menopause hence the sweating I hate with a passion glucose off the charts well my point is that I just can't keep blaming it all on the garbage. I know just how you are feeling but hang in don't be defeated it will balance out when dunno everyone is different you were on an extremely high dose for what 7years that a long time my friend. Give yourself a break stop beating yourself up this too shall pass. I know what you saying and thinking I just don't know but it will end you will be just going about your business one day and that cloud just will be gone. I can promise you that today. Proud of you Greetings and thank you for sharing your experience with all here.
    You got this my friend....
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Checking in with you my friend
    How's it going with you?

Hey gfh how's it going my friend?
    Update when you can...

alicia505 is offline New Member

Default How is greetingsfromhell doing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Hey gfh how's it going my friend?
    Update when you can...
    I have been keeping up with this thread and was wondering how "greetingsfromhell" is doing? I hope he is completely free from the withdrawals. I've been on oxy's for 4 years using 100 mgs a day and went onto to subs after 14 hours on Sunday resulting in the most torturous precipitated withdrawals and but now the sub is helping...now on subs 4mgs in the am and 4mgs in the pm and have been feeling great the last two days. I'm going to find a way to taper off the subs. Does anyone know how greetingsfromhell is doing?

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by alicia505 View Post
    I have been keeping up with this thread and was wondering how "greetingsfromhell" is doing? I hope he is completely free from the withdrawals. I've been on oxy's for 4 years using 100 mgs a day and went onto to subs after 14 hours on Sunday resulting in the most torturous precipitated withdrawals and but now the sub is helping...now on subs 4mgs in the am and 4mgs in the pm and have been feeling great the last two days. I'm going to find a way to taper off the subs. Does anyone know how greetingsfromhell is doing?

Alicia, please start your very own thread in order to receive personalized help and support. You definitely took your sub too soon after stopping the oxy! And 8mg of sub a day is WAY TOO MUCH! Take a look at Robert's sub therapy/taper plan, here's a link - https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...apy-66109.html

Get that thread started as soon as you can? Take care... God bless us all!

PS
    By the way, "greetingsfromhell" hasn't posted since 2/23/2018 and hasn't logged in since 5/20/2018!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-18-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alicia505 View Post
    Hello Alicia welcome to the forum...
    I'm not sure what or why greetingsfromhell has not been back I like to always believe they are living life clean but this is not always the outcome. This thread is actually a good one to read no matter the outcome. You have to really want this for yourself more than anything else. You and only you can decide that. We are here to support you in whatever path you choose. If you follow the sub taper plan correctly you should have little trouble with getting off the junk. Imo the ones struggling here are on some other types of medication but the ones having no trouble are just taking subs. Get some face to face support others that are going threw all you are. Keep reading and posting we are all here to support you...
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-19-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Thank you lvg nightmare. I appreciate you responding to me. This was my first time posting.

Thank you guys so much for responding. I really appreciate your input.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123