Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree72Likes
Day 16 of off Norco
    Encourage1227 is offline Junior Member

6 weeks today! So I went to the doctor and told him my shaking hands problem, fatigue and stomach. He took me off abilify. My hands had stomach are great now. Still feel fatigue and body aches. Some days every joint in my body hurts. I'm so glad my hands stopped shaking. On a average I'm getting 4 hours a sleep a night. I have started useing a diffuser and good night oil. It works. I'm sleeping 7 hours now. I bought the defuser from Amazon and oils at Walgreens. I run it at night. It's amazing!
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Congratulations great update my friend. Proud of You..
    Life just keeps getting better and better..
    Grrr 7 hours of sleep... awesome...be well...

Beefaroni7272 is offline Platinum Member

Congratulations on 6 weeks!!!! Getting a bit easier huh. Keep up the good work. Proud of you!!

7 weeks tomarrow! I just can't get my energy back at all. I get 4 hours of sleep a night. I'm exhausted and my body aches all the time. I don't know why this is getting worse than better. I'm just so tired. Feeling pretty down because I thought I would feel better by now.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Forceout is offline Member

Hello Encourage!!

I've been following you for a while now as with just about every other thread on this forum. Lol.

I'm on day 17 so I put you straight out in the AWESOME category!!! Way to go on 7 weeks!

Also I read the first of your journey on this thread....you have so much to be proud of....wow!!

Hey, I was wanting to comment on the continued aches and fatigue. Just my 2 cents. I have been through a dozen or more serious surgeries and also suffer from a lack of spunk a lot. I have found a couple of things that really help me. You know all this but you have to continue to go after it hard sometimes as I know it takes a little longer for some. One thing is diet. I know it's hard, oh my goodness. I love me some bad food but during this time of rebuilding, be sure and stay with a lot of protein and vitamins. Stay away from grease and fat and all the junk for a while. At the same time, continue to pay real close attention to liquids. You can't drink too much water and Gatorade. Bananas, bananas, bananas!! I eat at least 2 a day. My whole body aches if I don't do these things and it is minimal if I pay attention to these small details. Every day.

As far as sleep, (and aches), I use two different kinds of heat (besides hot showers 2/day). Heat Wraps from Walgreens(not as expensive as you may think and last 12 -20 hrs!). And heating pads wrapped on my knee with ace bandages or (wherever aches the most) at night. This heat is the difference of 3/4 hrs sleep and 7 hrs or more.

Like I said, just my 2 cents. But it really makes a difference for me. Anything that might help, I just wanted to let you know.

I also walk 2 times a day for 20 minutes flat out fast walk. It comes out total about 2.5 miles. It hurts my braced knee but helps so much in feeling more energy that I do it everyday.

Well, that was kinda long

The end of my post just dropped!!

I'm so glad you are here!!! Keep up the good work. What you have done is nothing short of miraculous!!! I'm so encouraged!! Thank you for sharing on here. It helps us all!!!

Forceout

Thank you Forceout
    I do just about everything you recommend. I started blending vegetables as a juice and drink it 2 times a day. I have been to my Dr and absolutely nothing is wrong with me. He said it is a huge strain on the body coming off pills. I have to just except that and be very thankful that I have the time off to do this. I couldn't imagine having to work and go through this. One day good one day bad. Thank you for your very nice compliments. I do seem to forget how far I have come.
    Congratulations on your time off too. How long now for you?

You are doing great!!! Just keep doing what you're doing. You'll eventually shed that lead suit. It's only temporary and things are getting better!! Stick with it. Almost two months!! Congratulations!!!
    I wish I ate as healthy as you are. As soon as my appetite and taste came back I had a Taco Bell addiction that I'm still dealing with. Grrrr!!! But I'm thoroughly enjoying every bite!

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Oh yeah.

Proud of you!!!!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey Encourage!!!

You sound like you are taking good care of yourself! And the patience you are showing is enviable. Us addicts can "right now". Kinda people. Lol

I know you are on a good path, my friend so hang tough and keep doing the right thing!!

Again, glad you are here with us!!! Love this place

My posts keep getting cut off. Weird.

Today is Day 20!! I feel good in every way except getting going in the mornings. It can take me 30 to 40 minutes to clear my head of sleep fog. Then I'm good. It is a strange phenomenon that won't seem to go away. But it is early in this deal and I'll take it anytime over the mess of pills!!!! That life is for the birds!!!!!

Forceout

Tiredandanxious15 is offline Junior Member

Encourage,
    Well done on making it to where you have! I’m sorry about the issues you’re experiencing up to this point but it sounds like you have your head on straight and are dealing with them as they come. I’m 6 months clean from the exact same habit and life has truly never been better. Can’t believe it’s already December actually.. I will always remember 2017 as the year where I hit rock bottom and hit it hard. I could have lost everything and was lucky I didn’t. Won’t ever forget the misery I subjected myself to. I also won’t forget the fight I went through to pick myself up to turn 2017 into arguably the best year of my life or maybe even the start of my life. Enough about me, I hope in the future you too can look back on this year no matter how terrible parts of it were as one of the best years of your life. The year you took your life back.

Here’s to the horribly wonderful 2017!

-T&A

Thank you everyone for your replies. It will be 9 weeks tomarrow. MY energy is coming back slowly. I am having a lot of depression and anxiety. Sometimes my self esteem is gone. I don't really know who I am anymore. I have become a little secluded from others because I don't want them to see me depressed. Is this just another bump in road? I sure hope so. I have no desire to go back to pills and never will. I miss the energetic, happy go getter I once was.

Hey you. Congrats on 9 weeks!! Sorry to hear you're still feeling a bit blah. All I can tell you is that it will get better with time. Keep doing what you're doing. It gets better. Positive outlook!!! You're doing amazing!!

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

12 weeks today. Wow! I can't believe it! I'm starting to feel like myself again. I still sleep a lot and have depression but it really hasn't sunk in yet that I'm off pills. I wonder why? I have researched paws and it's real. Some have it and some don't. Paws have been harder to deal with than detox. I will get through this no matter what. 12 weeks of freedom. Feels really good!

Hi Guys
    I'm still here.. It's 5 months pill free for me! I have my energy back and still some depression but I have really turned a corner.. Now I understand what you mean by saying it gets better.

Yes!!! Congratulations!! So happy for you. 5 months is great. I'm just a bit ahead of you Friday will mark 6 months for me. It's better than I could have ever imagined it being. I still have a few moments of fatigue every now and then but I just suppose that's life. They can't all be sunshine and roses I guess right??

So proud of you!!
    Keep it rolling!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Where are you in FL? Without giving too much away I was born and raised just south of Tampa. I do miss it and the misses and I are talking about moving back at some point in the future. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Have a greatnight!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

extremetm is offline Junior Member

When I read your posts I see the word SUCCESS with your name on it. Very proud of you.

I was just wondering, are you taking anything else, Benzos perhaps. If so, that could be what's taking hold. Rebound of sorts. Maybe the Norco was keeping it at bay.

Not trying to be intrusive. Just a thought.

Nomoreofthis4 is offline Junior Member

Default Hi

Hi! I want to say that reading this has giving some hope. I have cut back on opiate usage these past few days and I want to be free of them completely. I don’t want them anymore but I don’t know HOW to do it. Any suggestions are welcome.

Well well well
    It's me again. I couldn't find this forum to save my life. I want everyone to know that tomorrow is my YEAR yes YEAR ANNIVERSARY! No pills for a year. I can't believe it's a year. It hasn't been easy by any means. Getting off is the first part but dealing with life without pills is the 2nd important part. I still struggle with depression and anxiety. I have seem to have lost myself and I'm trying to rediscover my life. Anyway it's a Year no pills. I'm so proud of myself. Just wanted to check in!

Whoo hoo!!!! Congratulations on one year tomorrow!! That's awesome. Thanks for coming back and letting us know. So proud of you!!! Keep it going. It keeps getting better.

Beef

Thank you Beef
    I really think everyone should understand that the first step is getting off the pills. I checked myself into detox and got off. Everyone should prepare for the time after getting off. Life is so different without pills. I am learning to deal with life without numbing myself. I am in counseling at the moment. My anxiety is out of control sometimes and this is totally normal. I have to learn to deal with stress without pills. It's like learning all over again. That's ok because I have learned a great deal about myself and others around me. This is a journey and I will continue to learn and grow the rest of my life. It's up to each and every one of us to decide when enough is enough. That's what gives you the strength to stop. Please anyone that wants to get off go to detox at a hospital and check yourself in. It will be the best decision ever.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Encourage1227 View Post
    Thank you Beef
    I really think everyone should understand that the first step is getting off the pills. I checked myself into detox and got off. Everyone should prepare for the time after getting off. Life is so different without pills. I am learning to deal with life without numbing myself. I am in counseling at the moment. My anxiety is out of control sometimes and this is totally normal. I have to learn to deal with stress without pills. It's like learning all over again. That's ok because I have learned a great deal about myself and others around me. This is a journey and I will continue to learn and grow the rest of my life. It's up to each and every one of us to decide when enough is enough. That's what gives you the strength to stop. Please anyone that wants to get off go to detox at a hospital and check yourself in. It will be the best decision ever.
    Congratulations Woot Woot....
    Im glad detox worked for you. Yes when you are done you are done...
    We can and do recover... We gain the tools to deal with life on life's terms clean. For me Im an addict I will be an addict til I die. I work a twelve step program in my life today and I'm a grateful addict. The first step for me was getting honest that I am an addict...
    Keep posting always good to hear its possible to quit the junk and live clean...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12