Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
Day 16 of off Norco
    Encourage1227 is offline Junior Member

Default Day 16 of off Norco

I've posted before as I tried to taper from 7-8 10/325 a day. I got down to 2 a day and I let stress get the best of me. I thought I had it beat at 2 a day.
    Cat said it's difficult to taper and I wanted to prove her wrong but she's absolutely right. I couldn't go through another taper. I lost all willpower. I was back up to 8 a day. I finally got the nerve and called many detox centers. I was so embarrassed. I did find one in a hospital and I went. With so much support from my husband I am doing well. Yes it cost money to go to detox but for some it won't. It was worth the money spent. I took out a loan to pay for detox. My insurance company paid a good part of it too. I was supposed to go to a outpatient treatment center but the cost was outrageous. I used our EAP benefits to seek counseling. You see it is doable. I am 16 days clean. I wish I would have known about the medical detox years ago. I know 16 days isn't long for many but it is to me. It's no means easy right now but I will get through this. I am finally free from pain pills.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello I remember you congratulations on 16 days clean. Great job.. Anything is possible if you really want it.. have you looked into Counseling if I remember you were seeing a counselor..Na Aa face to face support? Keep us posted on your journey.. Stay Strong for Today...

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Encourage1227 View Post
    I've posted before as I tried to taper from 7-8 10/325 a day. I got down to 2 a day and I let stress get the best of me. I thought I had it beat at 2 a day.
    Cat said it's difficult to taper and I wanted to prove her wrong but she's absolutely right. I couldn't go through another taper. I lost all willpower. I was back up to 8 a day. I finally got the nerve and called many detox centers. I was so embarrassed. I did find one in a hospital and I went. With so much support from my husband I am doing well. Yes it cost money to go to detox but for some it won't. It was worth the money spent. I took out a loan to pay for detox. My insurance company paid a good part of it too. I was supposed to go to a outpatient treatment center but the cost was outrageous. I used our EAP benefits to seek counseling. You see it is doable. I am 16 days clean. I wish I would have known about the medical detox years ago. I know 16 days isn't long for many but it is to me. It's no means easy right now but I will get through this. I am finally free from pain pills.
    Nicely done!! it takes a lot of guts to call detox facilities let alone follow through and actually show up. Whatever you're doing, it's working so keep it up. Meetings and therapy are imperative for most of us. It might be tough to walk through those doors the first time but once you do, you'll find everything you're looking for and need and then some.

Welcome back and I thank you for sharing your good news. Don't disappear. Keep posting to let all of us know how you're doing. Share your experience with others because helping them will help you.

Peace,

Cat
    Encourage1227 likes this.

I'm am going to counseling right now.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thank you Cat! Today is 19 days. I'm feeling pretty good but energy is gone. No motivation to get things done. Any suggestions? I'm excersing, vitamin and mineral supplements and eating healthy.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Awesome.. keep us updated.. Stay Strong for Today

Hear are my thoughts today day 19 of free from opiate.
    I have little to non energy. No motivation. Bored and still shaking. I wish I knew what I could do to help this.
    Blah blah blah!
    The good is I'm off the demon pills and I don't have to ever worry about getting more or running out or being broke or killing myself with an od or because of the depression pills bring. I am smelling through my nose better, tasting better, clear headed. Depression was much worse on the pills then now. That could change but I embrace it now. My sense of humor is coming back and little things make me laugh again. That only after 19 days clean. Imagine 3 month clean can do. I can't wait to see!

It just keeps getting better and better.. keep up the good work... Stay Strong for Today..

Day 24 clean!! Going pretty well! Some energy back. I have found that I am dealing with stuff that happened while using. Like loss of father and my precious dogs. I skated through on pills and really never dealt with it. Bring it on because I strong enough to deal with it. A flood of emotions from the past 8 years have hit. Not in a bad way. I'm not depressed like I was on the pills. I just need to except and move on. Cat you told me something last time. Whatever feeling I was having like a craving or sad thoughts. You said recognize it for what it is and move on. Best advice! It has no power if you recognize it. That statement has helped me more than anything.
    Until next time!
    Encouragement1227

Yes it does. I am so proud of myself and so grateful that this is over for me. I know I will never go back. I have moved to a new state where I don't know anyone. I removed person place and things. I'm so happy that I found a new Dr that has found another solution to my neck problems and headaches. This is great news for me. That's what started this mess to begin with. Life is good right now. One day at a time!
    Beefaroni7272 and Catrina like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Such good news. You sound wonderful and you are on the right track. Everything seems to be falling into place. Use all the tools you've stockpiled because that's what they're for. Have you considered meetings? I know you're doing great and may be thinking this is in the bag and hopefully it is. Meetings, though will help you and you'll be able to help others. Please just consider it. If the first meeting isn't a fit, then try another. You'll find exactly what you're looking for there. If it's fellowship and support, yep it's there. If you're looking for a hookup, yep that'll probably be there too.

Keep posting. Love these success stories. Others who are just beginning or even thinking about beginning this journey need to see what happens if you give it a chance. Thanks for the bright update.

Peace,

Cat

Leah987 is offline Senior Member

Hi, Encouragement....I finally got off hydros am little over 6 months ago.I also have neck pain and headaches, I also have depression and some anxiety sometimes. I take generic lexapro for the anxiety and depression, and various other meds for various other ailments. But I am finally free of opiates, and that has made so much difference. I'm not in near as much pain as I was when I was on the pain meds. I do still have the neck pain and headaches, but not nearly as often. I'm a lot happier now, also. My energy still comes and goes, but before, on the hydros and trams, I had no energy ever. Just wanted to let you know, that it WILL get so much better. You WILL get your life back. Hang in there!
    .....Ryka-Leah

Almost a month for me. No more pills. Is this normal to still be shaky and have palpations. Some days are better than others. My hand shake so bad. What can I do because I'm embarrassed

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

I'm right there with you. My hands have been shaking for over a month now. I think I'm about two weeks ahead of you. By the way, congratulations on a month. That had to feel good!!!! Have you been to a doctor to get a checkup lately. I'm sure that would help and put your mind at ease. My heart rate also races sometimes but I'm sure that is just because I work with morons and high schoolers. Deep breathing and meditation works for me. Keep us updated on your journey!!! Have a great day!!

Stay strong
    Beef

Congratulations on 6 months. I use to have so much energy and couldn't sit down but now it's gone. I just embrace it and say well I deserve this break to slow down. The only thing that is really bothering me is the shaky hands. I feel like I'm having a huge panic attack. I cut hair for a living so that's out for awhile. Lol I make up stores about wow I had to much sugar or caffeine. I hate lying but I'm not going to say my brain is being rewired because of an addiction. Some I can say that to some it's none of their business. Here I go again. Blah blah blah. Sorry.... I just want to say thank you for your reply. It keeps me checking in. I'm so grateful for everyone who cares.

Beef, Thank you for your reply. Congratulations on your recovery too. I am going to a Dr Tuesday. I know everything is OK because I had tons of blood work done in the hospital. I just don't want a Dr to throw Xanax to me because I'm not going to have another addiction. I was given a drug in the hospital called Semni not sure if spelled wrong. Anyway it's given to parkinsons patients to stop treamors. Non addictive. It did help so maybe I can do that. I am following up with a psychiatrist the 16th. He has also found a medication for my neck pain and headaches non addicted. Halalua! I will remember to stay away from morans and kids at the moment. Lol keep me posted on your journey!

Beef
    Can we become friends on here. I'm kind of slow on figuring this out but I thought anyone can become friends on here. I would love to keep track of your posts. We are so close in time off.

Lol. Sure that'd be amazing. Although I also don't know how to do that??? I've only been floating around here for 40 ish days now???? Somewhere around there. Don't really feel like adding up the days right now. 9/16 was day 1 I know that. Lol. I'll have to play around in the profile page and see what I can figure out. That's great about the doc. I got an appt coming up on Tuesday as well. Keep us updated. You're doing amazing!! Even with the pesky little annoying last symptoms this is way better. Lol.

Stay strong
    Beef

Hello futurelooksbright, start a thread here we are all here to support you... Stay Strong for Today..

I don't how to start a thread. Lol

Hello Encourage, you have two threads pick one stay on that thread just keep posting you will get a lot of support here. Update us on your progress... You can just stay here on this one let the other go..

Stay Strong for Today..

It's been 33 days free from pills. Still feeling low energy. Hands have slowed down of shaking. 4 hours of sleep a night and stomach cramps that come and go. I hope this settles down a bit. Good news is no craving. I just feel like the flu. Don't understand stand why this is hitting me now. Would that part be over already? I'm still seeing a therapist and she's great. My depression is under control. Just so damn tired and my stomach cramps that comes and goes since I stopped the pills. No energy even with exercise. Sorry to be a little negative today but I think that might be normal. What is normal? Lol I will never go back to pills but now understand why some do because of normal isn't normal anymore. It's a new normal.

Ok Thank you. I hope I understand. If not don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you so much for your help.

Hey Encourage, yes everything you are feeling and going through is all part of the process..if I remember correctly a way back dsh gave you some awesome advice. You might want to go back and re-read some of the advice on your threads was awesome advice. 33 days yea awesome job Proud of You. Get up get moving, excersise I know I know but it will help you to heal I promise you.. give it try..push yourself you got this... keep posting here to support you..

Stay Strong for Today..

Ok I'm lacking brain cells today futurelooksbright??

Thank you! I do exercise every day for 30 minutes. I will hang in there because I'm never going back to pills. I guess I'm a cry baby when I don't feel well. Lol Thank you for your post!

Cry away..ha..lol.. ok do 40 minutes...
    ***Stay Strong for Today***

Yeah we all have whined and cried so much. As lvg said it's all part of the process.it gets better I promise. Congratulations on 33 days!!! Everything will start to even out soon. Everything slowly gets better. Good days more often and bad ones less frequent. Keep a positive outllok. It really helps!!

Stay steong!!!
    Beef

Thanks Beef
    How are you doing? When did the physical symptoms stop for you? I think I understood you are ahead of me. So glad you are hanging in there.

I'm doing good. Better every day. Sleep is still spotty. But I'll live. I'd say I had acute symptoms for a month and a half ish. But it was all over the place. Some days depression, some days rls, some days diarrhea, some days body aches and chills. The one symptom I could count on though was fatigue. Every day!!! I was so tired. I tried to put on a brave face and do what needed to be done but it was so tough some times!!!! I definately did my fair share of whining. I'd say around 40-45 is when everything started to clear up and clouds parting, yada yada. Insert metaphor here. Lol. But I jumped from subs, not sure how different the timetables are. But from everything I've read from Cat, lvg, ryka/leah you should be just about through the worst of it. Positive outlook. Trick your body, it helps. I know that supplements helped me a lot. Amino acids particularly. I took dl-phenylalanine. Didn't make me jittery like L-Tyrosine. I really think it helped the mental aspect of it. Thinking more clearly, hand eye coordination, seemed happier, not as grouchy/negative, I find myself laughing more everyday and joking with people. And sometimes it seems like I'm seeing the world for the first time, and it's really amazing. Keep up the good work and don't worry. It gets so much better. Just give it a little more time!!

You got this!!! Stay strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast