Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes
Day 2 opiate withdraw
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doneforreal View Post
    I am terrified to start day one Tomorrow PLEASE help Me through this as I took My LAST 40mg of Oxycontin this Morning at 8:50am, AND believe Me that's NOTHING compared to USUALLY taking 80mg to 100mg just to GET out of bed!!!

Hey there -

I see you have 3 other threads. Maybe stick with the last one and document your entire journey there.

To be successful you have to want this more than anything else in the world. You have to use all the willpower you have while keeping a positive attitude. I see you've been at this awhile too. It took most of us many tries to get it done. We just can't do this alone, much too tough to try by yourself. I would highly suggest you seek out some NA/AA meetings for face to face support. People underestimate the importance those meetings can provide. The personal help of other addicts will make the difference.

You have to go at your recovery just as hard as you did in obtaining your drug of choice!

Randy
    Gilsmom likes this.

Gilsmom is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by doneforreal View Post
    I am terrified to start day one Tomorrow PLEASE help Me through this as I took My LAST 40mg of Oxycontin this Morning at 8:50am, AND believe Me that's NOTHING compared to USUALLY taking 80mg to 100mg just to GET out of bed!!!
    I know your scared and this isn't your first rodeo!! If you started day one on the 19th you should be on your day 3?? Don't be ashamed of coming back.. Relapse is part of the process. We've all had them. I hope you go to your original thread and post! No one will judge.
    I hope you find this post! We're all here for you!
    Take care
    Mary

Cougar37 is offline New Member

Hi, I would like to remain anonymous but I am on day 2 of opiate withdrawal. I feel like >>>> and is very scared. I know I need to do this for my 2 girls. When will it get better? No sleep im trying to remain focus but its hell. I found this thread and it helps alot gives me hope. I've been on 60mgs of nocros and been buying them. They have financially broke me. I miss t

Cougar37 is offline New Member

I miss the old me and found that new years would be a great time to quit. For me its the mental state thats eatn me apart. Ive been taking hot showers which has helped... Nobody knows im doing this just me.. Im scared as hell... tomorrow is day 3. I was in a bad relationship for 20years and was dying inside to keep my family together. When i discovered opiates it was the only thing that calmed me to tell the truth they made me feel like wonder woman. My addiction has been bad for a while I need help and to stop... cold turkey was a choice because the odds are better... please respond anybody with some tips..

Maxheadrum is offline Member

Cougar-
    We all understand where you are. I am currently on day 13 without opioids. I would highly suggest reading other success stories on here (Cat, Beef, LVG Nightmare, Randy..and many more).

There are so many people who are now in long term sobriety. Please do yourself a favor and read their struggles and triumphs. They help so much in understanding what you are dealing with.
    This site saved me yesterday. The people on here assure you that you are not alone and just like all things, if you can give this some time, you WILL start feeling better.

Might want to start your own thread and document your thoughts on a daily basis. That way you can go back and see just how far you have come.

Praying for you and others like us who need sobriety in their daily lives.

Max.

RightTurn33 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Hello everyone, I am finally posting to reach out for help. I've used 60-80mgs of hydrocodone a day for 2 1/2 years now and it has nearly ruined my life. I had a prescription for the drug in the beginning for a broken rib. After that ran out I started spending LOTS of money on the street for the pills. I have been a master at hiding my addiction from everyone that's closest to me, my wife, my parents and friends. It has KILLED me inside. Finally a few days ago my Mom and wife confronted me, almost intervention style but with out knowing it was drugs but they knew something was very wrong. They said they'd known for a long time something was wrong ?but I was able to cover most all my steps somehow just enough for them not to come right out and confront me about it.?

I have an appointment for a Suboxone treatment tomorrow but I really didn't want to take other pills in replace of what I was taking. Plus a big consern is sex drive which I've read it destroys. Similar to the situation I'm in now. Taking all those pills combined with my regret and shame has really hurt our sex life greatly. I was experiencing very little if any desire. Wish I knew the exact right thing to do. This sounds like a great option in that I'd be able to return to work as early as Friday just 2 days away. But long term I just don't know. Ughhhh

I could just go on and on about how this has effected me in the worst ways imaginable. I still have my family and their support, my wife, house and job but nearly lost it all.

I want nothing more than to recover and be who I used to be prior to the beast I am now. Lies lies upon more lies in order to get the pills. Unreal. I couldn't be more ashamed by my actions over the past couple years.?

I'm 31yrs old. 60-80mg a day habit. With a great desire to become pill free. Any help, suggestions or positivity would be greatly appreciated. ?

Thanks so much!
    Ryan

I'm close to the end of my 5th day clean from a 10 year usage of pain meds (I was not an abuser - but it's more or less the same - we were hooked). I tapered until the w/d symptoms were too elongated and severe. I stopped CT at a level below yours after starting at a level much higher (usage). You are doing the right thing and will need help to stay sober. I wish you success - it sounds like you have a nice life. Now you have chosen the right path. Reclaim your identity, improve yourself, and be happy.

JP mom is offline New Member

Maxheadrum I need your help. I have been on oxycodone for just under 2 years now. I want to quit. I have had a back injury in 2010. I had a ruptured disc and was treated with 2 surgeries and a spinal cord stimulator. I was on pain meds from 2010 until I found out I was pregnant in late 2011. I quit cold turkey. I was on Xanax and Nucynta with some other pain meds. I knew I could quit because I wanted my baby to be healthy. So I did it. 2 years ago I had a horrible pain in my upper back and neck. I was prescribed oxy. And I have been on them ever since. Last January I had a 3 level cervical spinal fusion and this was a horrible surgery to recover from. I’m still in a lot of pain and I get horrific migraines as well. I take my meds around the clock. I work at a hospital and to be able to work, I have to be out of pain. So I have these Dx- arthritis, chronic pain syndrome, degenerative disc disease, failed back surgery syndrom x2, chronic cervical pain and the list goes on. I would love to live my life without these meds. In fact, they do not work most of the time. Also 2 years ago I lost a cousin to an OD of methadone. So to be on pain meds scares me but I am also scared to be without them. I am scared to quit cold turkey. I am scared to continue these meds. I’m worried I will miss work if I quit cold turkey. I need some advise on how to control my chronic pain and to stop my pain medications. I feel that they do not effect my job in any way. I work directly with the doctors the prescribed these for me. I do my pain contract and UA’s needed to be on these meds. But I am having trouble living my life for my meds. I want to stop but still have pain control. But I am scared. I have even talked to a pain clinic provider about other pain options and because I have steroid psychosis and an intolerance to gaba or lyrica, I have little to no other options. I need advise to stop the oxy with little to no withdrawal. Help me please!!!

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey JP mom. Welcome to the forum! This is a great place with a bunch of amazing people who want nothing more than to help you on your journey to getting clean. Weekends can be a little slow around here but it usually picks back up on Sunday nights. I'm sorry that you're going through all of this, but you've made a great decision to get clean. I am currently a little over 3.5 months clean from oxy, and then suboxone for a little over 7 Years total. I couldn't imagine it would be this good to be off the meds. I'm so thankful everyday that I wake up. The pills lie to us that is for sure. Unfortunately there isn'ta way around w/d. But you can minimize them by setting up a taper schedule. Get your doses down and then you can jump when yyou're ready.

I'd recommend starting your own thread. Give us some background information, what and how long you've been taking and how much. There members can read your story and leave suggestions and encouragement/inspiration all in one place. They can also find all your posts there, otherwise it can get a little confusing around here.

Again welcome to this amazing place!!! It has saved me for sure. Start that thread and I'm sure the cavalry will come.

Hope you have an amazing day!!
    Beef

Maxheadrum is offline Member

JP Mom-

I agree with beef. We acclimate to years and years of thinking we need an external poison to be "normal". I am a banker and not a physician. However, like many who get clean, I tried my best to become as informed as I could with respect to the disease of addiction. One thing I found very interesting is that prolonged opioid usage actually CAUSES severe lower back pain in some. I can honesty say that since I've been clean, I have noticed a dramatic improvement in the pain in my own back. It looks like you have had some serious medical issues and I do not want to place any opinion on your own level of pain. But I do want to just share my own experiences. I was a recreational user of oxy and formed a nasty habit of 90-120 mgs a day (if I found that much on the street). After I couldn't stand another second regarding how they made me feel, I began taking suboxone. Ended up on that stuff for about a year and a half taking anywhere between 2 to 4 mgs a day. I have wrestled with cessation of active addiction several times. Understand that each time I didn't succeed, I've tried to do figure out what went wrong. This time, I have absolutely understood that as addicts, we need to share our story and hear the stories of others to ensure we focus on our recovery. This site and the members on it have helped me to stay clean for 17 days. I am convinced that this time there is no looking back.

Unfortunately, withdrawals are a large part of the acute phase of withdrawals. It is painful but we have all been through that. You can absolutely do the same. I strongly encourage you to start a thread of your own and document exactly how you are feeling each day and in some cases, maybe every hour. The point is, it isn't nearly as scary when you realize you are NOT alone and we all are here for you. Since I am early in my recovery process, I think it would be best if you could find threads of folks who have long term sobriety. There are so many. When I was feeling my worst, instead of trying to take something to make me "feel better", I reached for this phone and read read read. It helps so very much!

Start that thread and keep posting! There are real warriors in this forum who will absolutely listen to you and give you the comforting words you need.

Hoping you had a terrific day and I hope the Good Lord above wraps his loving arms right Around you and keeps you safe!

JP mom is offline New Member

Thank you to you both. I have started my thread and was given a Thomas Recipe to help with the WD. To top it all off...my little puppy was run over yesterday which was devastating. She was with me after my neck fusion surgery. Uughhh. When it rains it pours!! But I love this group and love all of the encouragement!!
    JP mom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12