Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sopossible
  • 1 Post By sopossible
Day 25 suboxone withdrawal CT - success!
    sopossible is offline New Member

Default Day 25 suboxone withdrawal CT - success!

Hello all!
    I have been reading other's experiences detoxing from buprenorphine for the past three weeks and felt it time to share my story. I wasn't sure I would make, as most of us fear, but I did and I'm feeling great today. I hope to give some of you comfort in knowing that it is possible and you can do it!

Background: I've been using different opiates for a little over 10 years (percs, vics, Roxy's, anything I could get really) and as of last year started to see a bupe doctor. Now, because I'm an addict I was comfortable on bupe and didn't want to entertain the idea of quitting, but I ran out of my script and pretty much had to. So, 25 days ago I took my last 2mg of zubsolv. I am also 6 months pregnant. I do not recommend going through detox while pregnant as it can harm the baby and worries you like crazy while going through it, but I did it and just wanted to share my story.

I also have a 6 yr old and at the time this detox began had her home with the flu - that I also caught, so I'm not sure if it was a good thing or not, but felt that having the flu masked the first few days of withdrawals. At least I thought so and it helped not thinking those symptoms were from withdrawals. It took us about 7 days to get over it.

After the first 7 days, I felt decent, but around the 10th day I started craving and the mental stuff kicked in - feeling down and out, feeling like I couldn't enjoy anything. I battled insomnia too for the next week, as I did through the first week, so the lack of sleep was really messing with me. I had a good mights sleep on day 13 and that made a huge difference.

The third week I caught another belly virus (again that's what I told myself it was) and now today, day 25, I'm back to normal functioning of my mind and bowels. I really hope that anyone going through this or planning to can read my story and know or hold hope that it does come to an end. You will feel better. Read only posts by folks who are trying to stay positive even though it can be hard at times. For me, I found that when I read some of the negative stories my mind planted seeds that made the process harder.

So, backing up a bit...I started suboxone a year ago at 2 8mg strips per day. Too much for me! As an addict though I was okay with it. Looking back now though, I know it was too much.I was switched to zubsolv three months in and was prescribed 2 5.7mg dissolvables per day. I weened down by summer to 1 per day and throughout the summer to half per day, so roughly 2.5 mg or zubsolv. For some reason, even though I was doing good I took more than I had been the last month and ran out. I couldn't get more from my doctor. He knew I was pregnant, but what do you do when your doc says he can't give you anything and I didn't know anyone to get any from.

Again, I do not recommended detoxing while pregnant. I did it, baby is great and I'm doing great. I just wanted anyone who reads this to know my story in case they through a similar situation. I send love and good vibes to anyone who may go though this and hope my story can help.

Stay strong and don't give up. I didn't have comfort meds...I had a supportive husband and family though - they were my comfort medicine. I did a few times take Tylenol pm, by it really didn't seem to help, so it was only 3 nights that I tried it.

I feel like I've been all over the place in writing this, but I hope it helps even one person.

<3
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-11-2014 at 09:40 AM.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Yikes! Lots of misspellings, but hopefully all will get what I'm saying

Hi there and congrats on making this change! The first week I had chills, was sweaty, had diarrhea (sorry to be gross), but I only vomited three times on day 3. If you can, taper down to even .50 for a week and it will make everything much easier. I couldn't because I was out, but I'm sure it will make the transition even easier for you. It's very doable though just a little more symptoms at a higher dose. It's really the mental stuff that got me, but it passes! I'm here for you if you need anyone to talk to. I felt talking it out was the best medicine. Also, hot baths and immodium if needed. You can do this! You can do this! You can do this!!!

Oh, insomnia too. That's what I think gets to you the most. They do use it for torture, and torture it is. If you can get some good sleep through the first week and the second it makes the world of difference!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

tinyskin is offline New Member

Sounds like a success story to me! Your a hero to me as I am one of those people who go through serious horrible withdrawals from suboxone.

jameshope84 is offline New Member

Thank u for your awesome and encouraging story!!!! I jus started my taper plan 2day and hope to be free soon, i cnt wait to post a positive story like yours and to wake up one day and feel fine without opiates