Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Sandman25
  • 2 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Sandman25
  • 1 Post By Lvg nghtmare
  • 1 Post By offandclean
Day 3 of CT. Will I ever feel happiness again?
  1. #1
    Sandman25 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5

    Default Day 3 of CT. Will I ever feel happiness again?

    I am in hour 62 of going CT from a 15 month long hydrocodone addiction. 50-60 mg a day. Had multiple surgeries on my leg in the last year.

    Last 2 1/2 days have been hell. Stomach issues, restless legs, lethargy but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. My bigger issue is depression, tiredness and lack of motivation. I just want to lie in bed all day which I clearly can't do. Pills made me feel euphoric! Optimistic about life, in a great mood, happy. Now I feel as if I will never be happy again. Was prescribed Zoloft (low dose) about 4 months ago for anxiety but doesn't seem to be helping with this... Will this get better or is this my new normal?

  2. #2
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman25 View Post
    I am in hour 62 of going CT from a 15 month long hydrocodone addiction. 50-60 mg a day. Had multiple surgeries on my leg in the last year.

    Last 2 1/2 days have been hell. Stomach issues, restless legs, lethargy but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. My bigger issue is depression, tiredness and lack of motivation. I just want to lie in bed all day which I clearly can't do. Pills made me feel euphoric! Optimistic about life, in a great mood, happy. Now I feel as if I will never be happy again. Was prescribed Zoloft (low dose) about 4 months ago for anxiety but doesn't seem to be helping with this... Will this get better or is this my new normal?
    Sandman, welcome to the forum. Everything you are experiencing is COMPLETELY and 100% NORMAL! You're almost over the hump, a couple more days and most of the physical symptoms will be drastically lessened or completely gone? The depression and/or anxiety, lack of motivation, energy and sleep will linger a bit longer until you brain and body repairs itself, it takes time. Everything will continue to improve as more clean time off the opiates passes. Things will get much, much better, I promise!

    You can use the items in Thomas Recipe for Opiate Withdrawal to help ease your detox symptoms. Do not use the benzo as suggested, benzos are EXTREMELY addictive! Here's a link to the Thomas Recipe - https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

    Hang in there, you can and will get through this! Keep us updated so you can get continued advice and support! Wishing you all the best... God bless us all!

    PS
    Again, all these things you're experiencing are completely normal! I guarantee that you will be happy again without the pills, it just takes some time!

  3. #3
    dsh12345 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman25 View Post
    I am in hour 62 of going CT from a 15 month long hydrocodone addiction. 50-60 mg a day. Had multiple surgeries on my leg in the last year.

    Last 2 1/2 days have been hell. Stomach issues, restless legs, lethargy but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. My bigger issue is depression, tiredness and lack of motivation. I just want to lie in bed all day which I clearly can't do. Pills made me feel euphoric! Optimistic about life, in a great mood, happy. Now I feel as if I will never be happy again. Was prescribed Zoloft (low dose) about 4 months ago for anxiety but doesn't seem to be helping with this... Will this get better or is this my new normal?

    I've been there. The feeling you have is as artificial as the high from the drugs. I was on 200-300mg oxycodone about 45 days ago, now on 0.125mg a day of suboxone ready to jump off. The first 2 weeks were no picnic. The physical WD symptoms were taken away by the subs, but there was 2 weeks of extreme depression/tired/no energy at the start. It was so bad, I was clock watching every hour of every day just waiting for the day to be over so I could go to sleep just so I could wake up and see if I felt any different or better. Time would pass so slow I would find any excuse to end the day so I could cross it off the list and wake up to a new day that I would just go to bed at 9PM.... prob the earliest I willingly slept in a decade. I distinctly remember that night. I woke up wide awake at 5AM, still completely dark out, 2 feet of new snow on the east coast, trapped in my house, wondering what now do I do to fill my day's time as 4 hours can pass and it'll still only be 9am and that's still 3 hours until noon, not to mention the WHOLE afternoon and evening, etc etc.

    It was definitely one of the worst times. I had no urge to even do the simple things I liked to do - watch TV, text my friends ,etc. I even wondered whether texting was something I found fun only when on opiates, and that the true me had no desire to watch TV, text friends, etc.

    It passed. I felt great again after those 2 weeks, but they were rough. Hang in there. What you are going through is artificial.


    Think about all the things you have done in your life before you started using - get a job? graduate HS? college? buy a house? start a family? Could you have even made it out of the first grade if how you feel right now is your "normal" when off opiates? No way you would be stuck in bed half the week sick and no desire to leave the house. So, this you right you is a fake you, your brain is healing.


    You will feel better. That is as inevitable as the sun setting and the seasons changing.

  4. #4
    Sandman25 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Thank you both for the advice and encouragement. Thank God this is normal and will pass because I don't know if I could live a life where this was my new normal. I got out at lunch today and just sat on a bench soaking up the sun and that momentarily helped. I don't think I could have made the jump in the dead of winter.

    . Dsh12345, what you said about watching the clock us dead on. I'm sitting here at work, in between frequent trips to the bathroom, just watching the clock. Fighting my craving and telling myself if I just make it to 9:01 PM, I have gone three full days. It seems the psychological part is going to be much harder for me than the physical. I just have to try and remember what I felt like before I was in the grip of this horrible drug.

  5. #5
    sodabug is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I am curious, did you taper down or just stop? I am in the process of tapering right now and it is not easy at all. Next week I plan to make the jump off, and I know it is going to be awful. The restless leg syndrome is crazy!! It is like torture. I sympasize, but have heard after day 3, you will START to feel better and you are almost there. By day 5, from the reading I have done, it should get easier. Makes for a long crazy week. It also sounds like it takes about 3 weeks to really feel back to "normal" again.

    Stay strong!! You can do this!! I will be following in your footsteps next week!

  6. #6
    dsh12345 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sodabug View Post
    I am curious, did you taper down or just stop? I am in the process of tapering right now and it is not easy at all. Next week I plan to make the jump off, and I know it is going to be awful. The restless leg syndrome is crazy!! It is like torture. I sympasize, but have heard after day 3, you will START to feel better and you are almost there. By day 5, from the reading I have done, it should get easier. Makes for a long crazy week. It also sounds like it takes about 3 weeks to really feel back to "normal" again.

    Stay strong!! You can do this!! I will be following in your footsteps next week!
    About 45 days ago went CT 24hrs, switched from 200-300mg/day oxy to 4mg/day subs. WEnt with The Robert plan and tapered about 25% every 4 days. First half of it was very hard from a mental standpoint, second half interestingly went alot easier as the doses went lower.


    Are you tapering now or CT now? Original thread said CT, now taper. Not judging, just trying to clarify. If you are CT'ing it, then that is great. 3 days now right? The worst of acute WD likely already passed and each day = improvement.

    Therei s a slow return of energy/motivation/sleep for 2-4 weeks after the acute WD are over. Keep that in mind and don't let that break you. It is what made me break my CT attmept in Summer 2016... not properly educating and preparing myself for that. Not trying to scare you, the acute WD are like 2-5 days and then you will feel 80% better, but getting that last energy/sleep/mood/appetite back is a bit slower and will come with steady day by day improvement.

  7. #7
    Sandman25 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I am doing it CT. It was @sodabug who said he was tapering. I tried tapering once but didn't have the willpower to see it through. If there are pills in the house, I will rationalize a reason to take them. The closest I came to willpower was saving 20 mg to take the night before my pain management appointment so I would be good on my urine test.

    I just hit Day 4 about a half hour ago. Nights are the worst. When I used, I would abstain all day and pop pills around 8 pm. Kid was asleep and wife was soon to follow. A nice relaxing 4 hours watching TV, playing Xbox or sitting on the deck. Then off to bed with a pleasant euphoria. Started with 20 mg and was up to 50-60 by last week.

    Now I don't know what to do. I used to be a workout fanatic but my Achilles is still not in shape to do much. Been taking my dog for walks and that helps somewhat. I'm like one of Pavlov's dogs. Around 8 PM, my cravings go through the roof, mouth starts filling with saliva and can barely think straight.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  8. #8
    sodabug is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I am tapering. Starting week 4 and came off the morphine in the first week. Now working on the percocet. Have reduced from 7 a day to 1.5 a day. I am trying to go down to 1, but am having a hard time. My goal is to stop no matter where I am at next Friday as I can take 3 days off from work that weekend. People tell me I should taper more, first, but I think it is going to suck no matter what, and at least I can be at home for those 3 days and get this hell over with. I sure hope I make it.

    Good luck! Keep us posted!

  9. #9
    dsh12345 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sodabug View Post
    I am tapering. Starting week 4 and came off the morphine in the first week. Now working on the percocet. Have reduced from 7 a day to 1.5 a day. I am trying to go down to 1, but am having a hard time. My goal is to stop no matter where I am at next Friday as I can take 3 days off from work that weekend. People tell me I should taper more, first, but I think it is going to suck no matter what, and at least I can be at home for those 3 days and get this hell over with. I sure hope I make it.

    Good luck! Keep us posted!
    How can you taper further than 1 to 1.5 percocets a day? Those are only holding you 4-5 hours out of the day anyways. I like your jump plan. When you are on 1 percoct a day.... going lower won't make much difference. Same for 1.5.

  10. #10
    Sandman25 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Finally feel like I am turning a corner, physically at least. Actually had an appetite today. Stomach settled down quite a bit. Emotional/psychological issues still a mess and my Achilles pain (what started all of this 15 months ago) is making itself known. Sleeping comes in spurts. Legs still jerking a bit and my leg pain wakes me up multiple times. Going to see my pain management doctor tomorrow about options for treating my Achilles pain. Will not accept any opiates. Maybe Tramadol I guess. Was on that for a few months, made my pain bearable and I didn't abuse it.

    Almost 96 hours clean though. I can't believe I just typed those words. Never thought I would make it this long. Sodabug, you just have to grit out the first 3-4 days. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    235

    Default

    I heard that days 4 and 5 are bad CT but then it gets better.

  12. #12
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman25 View Post
    Finally feel like I am turning a corner, physically at least. Actually had an appetite today. Stomach settled down quite a bit. Emotional/psychological issues still a mess and my Achilles pain (what started all of this 15 months ago) is making itself known. Sleeping comes in spurts. Legs still jerking a bit and my leg pain wakes me up multiple times. Going to see my pain management doctor tomorrow about options for treating my Achilles pain. Will not accept any opiates. Maybe Tramadol I guess. Was on that for a few months, made my pain bearable and I didn't abuse it.

    Almost 96 hours clean though. I can't believe I just typed those words. Never thought I would make it this long. Sodabug, you just have to grit out the first 3-4 days. There is light at the end of the tunnel!
    I would advise against Tramadol! Tramadol is a synthetic pain med. It has an opiate effect and an antidepressant effect which can make it pretty rough to come off if not tapered properly. There are plenty of threads around here in the forums on just how awful tramadol addiction and the detox process can be!

    You'll need to be off the opiates for a month or two to know what your real pain level will be? Hang in there, things will improve immensely!

    Did you read up on the Thomas Recipe like I recommended in an earlier post to you? Hot baths can work wonders! Keep us updated? Stay the course... God bless us all!
    Lvg nghtmare and DravenDomnq like this.

  13. #13
    survivalist is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    30

    Default

    It will take roughly a week to get things back to normal

  14. #14
    Sandman25 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Made it a week. Doctor gave me a Tramadol script but I haven't filled it. Only going to is an absolute last resort if my pain continues to keep me from sleeping. But I want to give my body more time to get back to normal. I am feeling better and my energy is slowly coming back I just don't have my normal range of emotions yet but sounds like I need to be patient for that. The last week was hell but I am so glad I did it!
    offandclean likes this.

  15. #15
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,202

    Default

    Hey Sandman Congratulations, your doing awesome. I agree with Rickys post reference the tramodol. You don't want to switch one drug for the other,to again repeat the WD process. It takes time for our bodies to really know our true pain.Keep hanging in there it does get better. Stay strong..
    offandclean likes this.

  16. #16
    offandclean is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I agree with the others. Try your hardest to stay off Tramadol. Go to OTC meds first or have your doctor prescribe Ibuprofen. I just got some prescribed with a stomach protector from a specialty pharmacy. I'll use it when the pain is really bad. I've withdrawn from Tramadol too and it's pretty bad.

    Keep trying to see what pain you can deal with on your own. If it gets unbearable take otc meds, they really do work now that opioids are out of your system. Keep up the fight...you did awesome!!! So many people read these posts that are considering the jump and each post like yours gives someone encouragement.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  17. #17
    dsh12345 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman25 View Post
    Made it a week. Doctor gave me a Tramadol script but I haven't filled it. Only going to is an absolute last resort if my pain continues to keep me from sleeping. But I want to give my body more time to get back to normal. I am feeling better and my energy is slowly coming back I just don't have my normal range of emotions yet but sounds like I need to be patient for that. The last week was hell but I am so glad I did it!
    Hang in there sandman. I can tell from your post at 230AM that you are still suffering through the nights.


    The achilles pain is rebound pain. Everything the opiates covers up rebounds during WD and your body experiences the opposite of what the opiates were giving you as your brain's systems that it built up to counteract the opiates (aka brain building opiate tolerance) run unchecked without the opiates in your body now - hence the insomnia, restlessness, no energy, etc. The pain in youyr achilles is worse than normal due to the withdrawal and rebound pain. Give it some time that will improve as well.

    When I switched from 200-300mg oxy to subs.... on day 1 and day 2 of subs I had pounding throbbing toe pain that woke me up from sleep. I look and its a mild little teeny ingrown toe nail. Looking back, I did have flashes of discomfort during the past couple days in that toe but the opiates were covering it up. Without the opiates, the pain rebounded back and the mild ingrown toenail felt excruciating and way out of proportion to how bad it really was. Clipped the nail a bit, and cleaned things out down there, and it was fine shortly after but wow was I amazed how much rebound pain was in that toe during the immediate period off opiates.

    Give it 1-2 weeks to read your true achilles pain. Avoid the tramadol at all costs. Luckily, this achilles is an acute injury that you expect to heal near completely over time right? It's not like chronic back pain that is there 24/7/365 that ppl will start and then get stuck on opiates for, and the back pain then has to be dealt with in a new way when they decide they want off opiates for good. That situation is a lot more trickier than an acute pain problem that is expected to completely heal so you got that as a big plus going for you.

    Hang in there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22