Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Randy35
Day 3 if this nightmare
    Day2_Nightmare is offline Advanced Member

Default Day 3 if this nightmare

Good morning all. I hope that this post reaches those of you who are going through what I am going through and what I have gone through. I am on day 3 of opiate withdrawal. Its is definately better than days one and two. Day one was bad but day two was hell. Absolute hell. Going from cold to hot to not being able to get out of bed. The only time I left bed was to take a hot steamy shower. And to sit on the toilet. The diarrhea is no joke.

My story: I broke my leg about 16 years ago. The dr had me on Percs for 8 months. And I got hooked. When he cut me off I kind of went through withdrawals but I wasn't smart enough to know that that's what that was. I drove down to Mexico to buy them for a while before I realized that I could not afford that. I was only 20 years old And didn't make that kind of money. So I stopped. Now fast forward to 2 years ago. My father in law is hooked on painkillers. He was out so he was sick. I told him that I'd make a call and I got him some. Well that's where this latest roller coaster began. Once I knew I could get them and how easy it was to get them I started buying them for myself regularly. The difference this time around is that I have enough money to buy whatever I need. That's where it gets dangerous. I started by taking 1 10mg hydro once a day EVERY DAY. THEN I'd take one in the morning and one in the afternoon. You know because it made work fun. It made doing all of the tedious duties fun. Because I was high. Because j deserved it. Because I was a hard working man and hard working father. Heck yeah I deserved to reward myself. So fast forward to a year later. Now I'm taking 20 mg of hydro for breakfast and then for lunch. Looking at the clock waiting for the exact moment that I could take another dose so I could feel normal again. Then at night time I'd take 40 mg. Well guess what? I could not get enough. So 6 months ago I started buying oxy 20's and 30's. I told myself these things are so good for you. You have stopped drinking. You are a happier more pleasant person when you are on them. They have made you better and happier. They are good for you. So now I'm on this dangerous cocktail of 30 mg of hydro to get out of bed. Then 30 mg of oxy for lunch and 60 mg of oxy for dinner. Yum right? Wrong. I had become a pig. A disgusting pig. I reached out to one of my connects one day to get more... because now it's a full time job driving around the city to meet people and get more. He told me that he was quitting. And then he went through it. Boy did he go through it. I was there for him every step of the way. It made me realize that I needed to do it. That I was next. But I was too scared. I was using 30 mg's of Hydro and 90 mg's of oxy per day. So I made th choice to do it. I planned the day that it would be done. FRIDAY SEPT 16th. So I did it. Cold turkey. I tried to tapper down but the fact is that I didn't have the will power to tapper. I just kept taking more because I couldn't get high. Well here I am on day 3. I'm alive. I feel like poop but I'm alive with no regrets about my decision.

Day one and two were very similar although day 2 was a little bit worse. the sleepless nights are tough. But the way that I see it is like this the sweat leaving my body the diarrhea leaving my body and the pain that I feel are all an important part of this process. It's the devil leaving my body. I have chosen to remove this toxin and it doesn't want to go. I MUST be strong. Although on day 2 I almost broke. I searched my vehicle and my bags for a pill that I hoped I had dropped. Thank goodness there were no pills to be found. I would've taken them. I flushed them all down the toilet on Friday September 16th.

So here I am on day 3. I woke this morning to my stomach growling. Wow. I was hungry. I haven't been hungry in 2 days. My mouth feels very good. The pills dried my mouth out so bad. That is gone. My head is cloudy and I want to sleep. But I still can't sleep. Im still too anxious to sleep. I have no energy to move. But with every breath I take I feel my body getting stronger. I went outside this morning to feel the sun on my face. Boy... I haven't felt the sun like that in years. 2 years to be exact. The color of the leaves is more vibrant. I'm happy to be alive. I have cried a lot over he last two days. I have broken emotionally several times but I have not given in to the little pills that caused all of this. As I type this it is still a secret from my wife, parents and children. Only two of my very close friends know what I am going through. I wouldn't recommend doing it this way. You will need a support system and doing it like this is tough. I faked the flu.

I'm very excited to share my story. I'm sorry that it is long. I hope that my story touches some of you as MANY of these stories in here have touched and inspired me. I'm very proud of all of you who have gone through this or who are going through this. Blessings friends. I plan on checking in regularly to communicate with those of you who wish to communicate with me.

BTW I'm a 39 year old father and husband. Not sure if that makes a difference but...

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hello, and welcome to the forum. We're glad you're here!

I might suggest you copy and paste your opening post in the Need to Talk section of the forum. Much more action and responses there than this one. Just a head's up and it's perfectly ok to leave it here of you choose.

CONGRATULATIONS for putting an end to the madness. I've certainly been in your shoes, as has most everyone here. My job on a daily basis for nearly 19 years was where to fing drugs, how to pay for them, and how could I possibly get enough to keep from running out, which I always did of course. It's such a sad story. It robbed me of life. Took my soul from me. I ended up on Suboxone which literally saved my life. I tapered from that and now have over 2 years clean. It's AMAZING!!! And YES, you can certainly do it too!!!

Getting out, getting free of the bonds of addiction is the very best gift you could ever give yourself. The feeling of waking up each morning and never having to worry about pills or other addictive substances again is PRICELESS. And each day you don't use will only get better and better and better. You've noticed a little of that already. Wonderful isn't it?

Get as much exercise as you possibly can to help produce those endorphins. Drink plenty of fluids, es[ecially water to flush those toxins out faster, and to keep you hydrated. A little TIME makes all the difference.

Thanks for sharing your story. Stick around, you'll love it here!!!

Randy
    Day2_Nightmare likes this.

Default How would I go about posting on "Need to talk"

I have looked for the link and cannot find it.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Day2_Nightmare View Post
    I have looked for the link and cannot find it.

Heres the link to the Need to Talk section below -

https://www.drugs.com/forum/newthrea...newthread&f=32

Click on it, name your thread and copy and paste your thread there. I can do it for you if that will help?

To find your thread if you're having trouble doing so just click on your user name and on the left side is a box where you can see the threads you've begun among other things.

Randy