Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By MolliB1983
  • 1 Post By MolliB1983
  • 1 Post By MolliB1983
Day 3 of Subs don't want to be on them long
    MolliB1983 is offline New Member

Default Day 3 of Subs don't want to be on them long

I was on painkillers of any kind basically anything I could get my hands on from norco's to roxy's for 9 years originally got prescribed them for Lupus and just spun out of control I was taking 5-8 a day which doesn't seem like much which why I was able to justify it for so long and be in denial of being an 'addict' my husband was and is in the boat as I am...he has an amazing job and we just can't handle struggling any more. With the money that he makes there is no reason why we should be living paycheck to paycheck. So we decided to go the Sub route after hearing a really close friends success story. I have done all kinds of research and have heard so many horror stories about ppl getting addicted to them and I don't want to just trade one addiction for another... We both took a quarter of an 8mg strip the first day and the other quarter later that evening. And the same thing the next two days. Tomorrow is our 4th day. I basically just want to know if I am going about it all wrong should I have started with less,more, or what? Ideally we would like to not be on them any longer than a month! Any advice would be great. Thank u in advance

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MolliB1983 View Post
    I was on painkillers of any kind basically anything I could get my hands on from norco's to roxy's for 9 years originally got prescribed them for Lupus and just spun out of control I was taking 5-8 a day which doesn't seem like much which why I was able to justify it for so long and be in denial of being an 'addict' my husband was and is in the boat as I am...he has an amazing job and we just can't handle struggling any more. With the money that he makes there is no reason why we should be living paycheck to paycheck. So we decided to go the Sub route after hearing a really close friends success story. I have done all kinds of research and have heard so many horror stories about ppl getting addicted to them and I don't want to just trade one addiction for another... We both took a quarter of an 8mg strip the first day and the other quarter later that evening. And the same thing the next two days. Tomorrow is our 4th day. I basically just want to know if I am going about it all wrong should I have started with less,more, or what? Ideally we would like to not be on them any longer than a month! Any advice would be great. Thank u in advance

What were you guys taking and how much per day? Why not cold turkey, it would be the quickest way to get through this? Around 5 days of flu-like symptoms and then some lingering low energy and sleep issues. You could use the items in the Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawal to help ease some of the withdrawal symptoms? Subs really should be a very last resort option!

If you don't use subs correctly they definitely can cause more harm than good! A proper sub taper will take roughly 8 weeks if it's done correctly? Sub therapy is not something you can rush, if you try to go too fast you'll have problems all the way through the process!

Here's a link to Robert's sub therapy/taper plan - https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Robert's plan has been used successfully by hundreds if not thousands of people with great success. Read it and re-read it until you understand it 100%?
    DravenDomnq likes this.

I was taking 8 30mg roxy's a day he was taking 10-12 depending on the day. We have tried cold turkey so many times in the past and have failed after day 3. Just can't seem to get past that day. Subs really was our last resort and I assure I did a lot of research before we came to this conclusion. I have read the link about 5 times and will probably read it 5 more lol. Thanks so much for your reply. I have nothing but good intentions and am not doing this to just abuse yet another drug. I have three kids and just want to be the best version of myself that I can be. I want to be able to remember everything without walking around in a fog all the time.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

I was taking 8 30mg roxy's a day he was taking 10-12 depending on the day. We have tried cold turkey so many times in the past and have failed after day 3. Just can't seem to get past that day. Subs really was our last resort and I assure I did a lot of research before we came to this conclusion. I have read the link about 5 times and will probably read it 5 more lol. Thanks so much for your reply. I have nothing but good intentions and am not doing this to just abuse yet another drug. I have three kids and just want to be the best version of myself that I can be. I want to be able to remember everything without walking around in a fog all the time.
    So you guys been taking 4mg of sub per day for the past 3 days? How are you guys feeling? How much sub do you have total? Are they 8mg? Tabs or film?

Yes that is correct. I feel really good that's why I was questioning about if I should just start going down to 2 mg a day. We have 20 8mg films. I woke up this morning and feel fine so I am wondering if I should hold off on dosing again and see how I feel in a few hours but I know quite a few have said it's best to take it same time everyday.
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Yes that is correct. I feel really good that's why I was questioning about if I should just start going down to 2 mg a day. We have 20 8mg films. I woke up this morning and feel fine so I am wondering if I should hold off on dosing again and see how I feel in a few hours but I know quite a few have said it's best to take it same time everyday.
    No. Don't delay your dose. Take it the same time everyday either all at once or in two separate doses, 2mg in the am and 2mg 8-10 hours later. You're feeling fine and you want to stay that way. You're on Day 3 and you're doing great. If you feel good again today, you can reduce tomorrow but by no more than 25% or to 3 mg/day. Then same deal. Wait at least 4 days and reduce again by no more than another 25% of the 3 or down to 2.25 mg/day. Slow and steady. A mistake a lot of people make is that because they feel good, they believe they can reduce by more than that but almost always it will send you into a tailspin ending up taking you longer to get on track. Please trust me, the best way is to stick exactly to plan. Six to eight weeks and you'll be done. Small price to pay in exchange for the years it took you to get here. My good friend Randy says, "Do it right and you'll only have to do it once".

Keep posting and good luck.

Peace,

Cat

Thank u so much I greatly appreciate your input my husband seems to not be doing as good as I am I told him since he was taking more and for longer that maybe he should do 4 in the morning and 4 in the evening so he took 4mg this morning and just called me about 20 minutes ago and says he feels much better so I'm thinking he should keep with that for a few days. Again thanks so much have a good day
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Thank u so much I greatly appreciate your input my husband seems to not be doing as good as I am I told him since he was taking more and for longer that maybe he should do 4 in the morning and 4 in the evening so he took 4mg this morning and just called me about 20 minutes ago and says he feels much better so I'm thinking he should keep with that for a few days. Again thanks so much have a good day
    You gave your husband good advice by increasing his dose but I would have tried 3 and 3 first to see if that was enough. It's rare to need 8mg per day and there have been others here who took their DOC at higher doses than your husband. Subs are strong. I'd try 3mg tonight for him and try the 3mg and 3mg tomorrow for him. If he's still not feeling right, try to add .5. They really are that strong. It's best to get stable on the lowest dose possible.

Either way, both of you just stick to the taper plan and check in often. The days between reductions may differ for each of you too. No big deal. It's most important to be completely stable before attempting a reduction. That's the important part. Never increase once you find the lowest dose that keeps you feeling well. After that, same dose or reduce when it's time. Listen to your body and it will tell you when you're ready and just don't try to reduce by too much. NO MORE than 25%. There may be times when you might have to reduce by less than that or will need to stay at a particular dose for a day or two longer especially when you get under 1 mg/day.

Peace,

Cat

MrMelt is offline New Member

Hey MollyB I am in the same boat S you and your hBuy. I am going to make around 180K this year I'm 28 and have nothing to show for it bc I was doing around 300mg of oxy a day. I'm upcoming in Day 3 in 5 hours and I have a question. Why use that much sub? Did u not feel okay after that first dose. You guys are gonna need to feel a little discomfort toget through without getting hooked on subs unless you follow Roberts taper plan. I took 1mg of subs the first day and then that's it so far. Yes I'm having WD symptoms but they're about cut in 25% left. If you all took 4mg the first day I bet you could skip the next day and then take 1 mg on the third. Yes, you're gonna get some RLS chills >>>>s and sleepless nights but they're managible compared to cold turkey. I'm also taking about .5to 1gram of Kratom a day to help, but by night that's worn off. As I see it my discomfort is my body healing and hays what is needed . I also work while going thru WD using adderal. I hate sitting at home just day dreaming of getting just one more pill. It's a dangerous game for me. Good luck with everything. If anything follow Roberts sub taper