Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
day 4 with no vicoden
    Sam4499 is offline New Member

I'm glad you are staying strong on Day 16. That's awesome. How's it feel >>. Day 1? How are the urges? The energy. I'm on Day 2. Not too bad. I think weaning helped a lot. My Ambien helps with sleep a lot.

I picked up some kratom. It's an herbal supplement that say works with detox but should only use 7-10 days to get you through the toughest
    Part. It mellows you out big time. I read a bunch of reviews and people swear by it. It's like soaking pot without it being

I'm glad you are staying strong on Day 16. That's awesome. How's it feel >>. Day 1? How are the urges? The energy. I'm on Day 2. Not too bad. I think weaning helped a lot. My Ambien helps with sleep a lot.

I picked up some kratom. It's an herbal supplement that say works with detox but should only use 7-10 days to get you through the toughest
    Part. It mellows you out big time. I read a bunch of reviews and people swear by it. It's like soaking pot without it being paranoid. You just feel chill. It's legal and the lady at the herbal store said a lot of people use it for detox. I got 7 days worth for $40. It's not a euphoric feeling. Just like a Xanax feeling. So far it helps. No major cravings for pills. I only got 10 Xanax from a friend. Have no access to any chlonodine or anything else. Benzos aren't my thing at all. By 7 days this should be totally out of my system and the toughest part behind me. I really want to change. I'm done being a pill head. I've hated it for the last couple years. There's no looking back.

And I'm Day 41 off coke. So happy. No urges. If Scarface through a kilo in front of me I'd flush it down the toilet. That's how I feel about it. That is behind me. When I have 40 days behind vikes I'm throwing a party. 38 to go.

I'm glad you are staying strong. Fight the fight.

metalbang is offline New Member

I'm new to this site I went could turkey off 8mgs subs on day 4 looking for some good people to talk to. And I'm glad to see you guys being strong this is a hard fight to win

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

This board gets slow and no one is mad. I'm so glad that you are doing well. Congratulations on the day 16. Another way to find support is through NA. It is so much better to do face to face with others in your sitution. Not to say do not reply here. In the beginning it's real hard to keep people on track. I'm proud that you stomped that 325 right into the cement. This is the toughest time: the time that we think we can only do one and be o.k. Post. You may want to post in need to talk and tell your story. Give some of your support to others.

Stay vigilant.

Peace,

Iloerose

tom27 is offline Member

sorry guys for that post, just having a bad day,so much going on with trying to fix all the things I screwed up over the years I think I have to slow down and do one thing at a time not 100, just really want to get past the craving thing, ya the old mental battle,still here, other than that doing ok,I have gained almost 9 lbs back, been eating everything in sight some good and some not, ice cream be the thing right now, thanx for the input keep fighting people

Tom

Tom...you said you wanted to get your license back. Your Driver's license or a professional license? I lost my professional license temporarily. It's sucks. My lowest point. I was a community leader. Last week I rolled coins for gas money. I can't get small jobs because they're afraid to train me because they know I won't stay too long based on my qualification. Now I'm a joke. I'm gonna fix that may be a year or more but I'll fix it.

tom27 is offline Member

it was my contractor license,long story but its suspended until I can make arrangement to pay a 12,500 bond issue, I'm still working for my self but it could get ugly if I got caught, now my city put a stupid limiter on my power due to some stupid thing,didn't find that out till a while ago,no note on door it was on my meter, so I have 2400 watts of power till Monday, freaking great, thats my fridge,2 lights and a heater in my kids room, probably gonna turn my generator on if it gets to cold so i can turn on my other heater ,neighbors not gonna like it but oh well, any ways sorry to bore you with that,just had to vent,so how you doing with getting your life back.

Tom

tom27 is offline Member

its just so unreal that this little yellow pill could ruin our life I spent 10s of thousands of dollars, that was supposed to go into re model my house, got about a third if the way through it and ran out if money ,so now I look at this place everyday watching it all rot away. its a shame,and embarrassing to say the least, everytime I would get money I would blow it on pills and other stupid stuff, always telling my wife there was a problem with the job and I'm only getting so much money ,almost wasn't gonna get anything for Christmas but some how managed to pull it off ,just so many lies,its like the past 8 years I got so used to lying I couldn't even say anything that was true, well no more lies,just on a mission now to fix everything, I have 8 years of things to fix, just hope it dont take 8 years to fix them all,man I was a spoiled,selfish peice of garbage, I guess we have to hit rock bottom before we wake up ,I dont know man just so confused with everything ,its a lot to take in and digest now that I am sober ,but hey almost on to day 17 ,going to work in the morning to get ready for an inspection, first inspection sober in a long time. so enough about me, how are you doing through the journey of getting your life back? how many days now and how much and what were you taking? I was going through about 280 Norco 10/325 a month,sometimes more but never less,keep in touch

Tom

tom27 is offline Member

so struggling420 hasent been here for a couple of days, I hope he didn't go back to the demo,he made it past the worst part, still praying for him,I hope I'm wrong,it just goes to show how hard this is to beat,just thought I would share that

I think 420 is history. Sounded like he just wanted to pass a test and he was off to pop. Too bad. He did a hard 10 days. Why quit then? You have to really want it. Rock bottom will get you there fast. I told you, I've been looking up at earthworms I got so low.

At 10:30 I started Day 3 after a 2 week wean. Doing good. Nights are weird. On Ambien but still wake up for about :30 with rls. It's the best tonight. I got the rls when tapering, too. I started Kratom today. Herbal remedy for opiate withdrawals. Working great so far. Really mellows you out and helps with suppressing cravings and urges. The protocol is 7-10 days then off. So far it's absolutely helping, in my opinion.

You sound pretty good. Are you taking the vitamins and amino acids for energy? I think those and Gatorade mean a lot. Started exercising, too. I feel great after a lift.

Keep sticking to it. It has to get better everyday. Good luck ; )

tom27 is offline Member

only taking a B complex eating everything in sight "reminds me of my pot smokn days" and a red bull after lunch, sucks about 420 why go through 10 days of pure well to pass a test knowing theres gonna be another test someday, I read about kratom today,I wish you would have been around a couple weeks ago, going ct was something I never want to do again, but posting and reading posts got me through the worst of it,anyways I have to go to bed now, early day in the morning,ill check in in the morning while having my coffee ,stay strong man and fight this thing.

Tom

Just got through my 3rd clean night. It was the best of the 3. I take Ambien for sleep. Usually 1 pill does it but been waking up around 3am and taking another half. It works. I have also been taking 3grm of Kratom about 4x a day to combat withdrawal. Working very very well. Stuff is a godsend. Anyone just dry doggon off this opiates is crazy. This is a known aid and it works. Found in any herbal store for $20 for a 2 day supply. The recommended course is 7--10 days while coming off opiates. I weaned for 2 weeks before and I think it helped a lot. A lot. I read 4 medical school journals on the issue and every one said weaning off at 1-4 weeks was the most effective way to quit.

Anyhow, woke up feeling awesome today. Don't know why but just feeling like a drive around icy Lake Erie and some Krispy Kreme. I hope the day stays that way. Super Bowl Sunday. Probably goin Broncos and laying the wood.

I hope everyone is still fighting. Tom, blue, 420....everyone. I hope your struggles are lessening by the hours. Fill me in on you progress. I'm starting Day 4. So far, so good ; )

Just to clarify, if anyone does try Kratom I suggest reading extensively about it before doing anything. It's found in herb stores and is absolutely legal. You can take it in pill form, which I do, or boil the leaves to make tea. The people who go in heavy are usually tea drinkers or chew the leaves. Some people do 40-50 grams a dY for an opiate like feeling of euphoria, but it's definitely not an opiate. It's been tested by the gov't and several medical schools. Some people stay on it long-term to replace the opiate feeling of euphoria and true, natural pain relief. Everything I've read for use as an opiate withdrawal aid says keep it real low dose, like 5-20 grams per day for like 7-14 days to get through the toughest opiate w/d symptoms. Most experts don't recommend long-term, mostly because it's dumb to trade off dependencies. Just use to help with w/d and then get off. All my research, this seems like ideal use of Kratom. It's 100% working for me. As did weaning.

Just my 2-cents. Do your own research. But I would suggest don't plan on more than 14 day use. Don't trade dependencies. Good luck.

tom27 is offline Member

good morning all, well here we go on another day,Sam I'm glad you found something thats working for you,your day 3 seems much better then mine was,in on day 18 at 10:20 this morning ,feeling good

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by metalbang View Post
    I'm new to this site I went could turkey off 8mgs subs on day 4 looking for some good people to talk to. And I'm glad to see you guys being strong this is a hard fight to win
    Metalbang:

You should start your own thread on the Suboxone Treatment board. You will get lots of support. Jumping from 8 mg can be pretty brutal. How are you feeling?

Kat

I'm glad you are doing well. Day 19 is big and no flub ups. Very solid. I'm doing good heading into Day 4. The Kratom is helping big time. I take only about 8 grams a day. At 10 days I'll cut to 6grams for 2 days then 4 grams for 2 days then done and see where that puts me on day 14. By then, according to the references I've read I should feel good. Some people screw up Katrom by trying to take a ton to get some euphoria high. That's dangerous. Don't want to trade dependencies. I take barely enough to avoid discomfort but don't get off on them. It's no type of feeling O would want to continue. It's not "enjoyable" at low levels. One bad draw back is constipation. Suffered a little today until I got some Dulcolax in me and was fine in an hour. This stuff totally helps rls. So, 4 days in and I'm chill. No urges. That's the greasy benefit of Kratom. And at low doses no feeling you'd want to have in the future. Didn't even need a Xanax today. I'm battling along. I still believe weaning helped a lot, rather than jumping off at 80-100mgs. That would have been hard.

Well, I'm glad you're doing well and strong. If anyone ever wants to talk just look for me.

tom27 is offline Member

haven't posted on my own post here but today will be the start of day 20, thanx everyone for the support

Tom

tom27 is offline Member

Sam how you doin bud,all good here ,so what day you on? me start of day 20! just wanted to say good for you to sticking to this,ive only been on this site for almost 3 weeks and its amazing how many people have gone back to the demon,maybe they were not ready for this journey,who knows, it does amaze me that there are a few people here that have been clean for so long and yet they still post almost everyday ,giving advise. I to would love to be one of those people and I hope you will to,I think I'm almost ready for na meetings,ill be honest I'm scared to go,never been to anything like that and have no idea what to expect . anyways man hope your having a great day and everyone that has helped
    me thanx again

Tom

tom27 is offline Member

I was reading a post the other day but dont remember where it was at some one mentioned that you can see how many people read a thred is that true and if so how do you do that? hope all is well with everyone .

Tom

tom27 is offline Member

day21 now, still doing good,hope everyone is still fighting ,stay strong

Tom

tom27 is offline Member

so I was going through my posts I wanted to read one and it has been deleted ! it was one of those to fall back on in a time of need and now its gone,why would they do that? I did not use any harsh words or anything like that and its gone,wow thanks a lot for who ever did that,not cool at all,very disappointing to say the least,that hurts ....

Tom

The Husband is offline Member

Its great you have made it to 22 days I am 22 weeks off a decade of being prescribed opiates by doctors. C/T off 80mg oxy it was ruff but I must say I feel ALOT BETTER NOW then anytime I was on pain pills. Wait to you reach 30 days or 60 days I don't know how long you have been on Norco but with time your body and mind will heal. Push through the waves of w/d that are called PAWS its much better on the other side of the fence.

tom27 is offline Member

thanx for reading,so today reality finally set in on all the bad stuff I have done,I just lost my truck do to not making a payment ,one if those title loans ,ya I did that last summer to support my addiction ,horrible choice,but then again I, haven't made ti many good choices lately, the worst part is my son watched them tow it away and is now asking why they did that,huh this should be a fun one,I'm upset but at the same time I deserved it,what a peice of s!!! I am,so what to do now? well I dug this hole and now its time to climb out of it, staying strong though day 23 now, normally this would have sent me straight back into the demons but I just cant do that,I broke down crying after seeing the disappointment in my wifes eyes this morning ,once again I'm a huge failure to her and my two sons, talk about rock bottom,I'm so low I'm getting rocks thrown at me. but hey it could be worse, the truck is just a material possession ,my wife and kids are all I got left, thanx for taking the time to read this.

Tom

The Husband is offline Member

That sucks but like you said focus on the positives and build a solid foundation for your family now your off the demon you can real step up...

tom27 is offline Member

Mr Sam what happened to you? hopefully just busy,well today is the start of day 25, wow! never thought I would make it here,all is good minus my truck ,who knows maybe thats a blessing in disguise ,there are many memeris of bad things with that,who knows,talk to you all later off to work
    Tom

shawn156 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by tom27 View Post
    hey Shawn you out there? just wanted to thank you for all your support ,it really did help. I'm sleeping and have energy during the day, still some cravings but I can deal with that, thanx again
    Sorry had a lot going on but see you have made it almost a month.Congrats and glad you came through without caving in. I am still going strong at almost 1 1/2 months off them and though the mental things still comes and goes,I have dealt with it. I have not caved and taken any and have a refill I could of picked up 20 days ago and didn't and won't. I have been working on getting my life back in order and it is going to take time,I have made a lot of progress. People around me have asked me what is different about me.I don't tell them what but they see that I am in a better mood and not in as much pain. There are days I hurt really bad and stay in bed but I will take it as it comes. I refuse to give in this time.

Tom... I'm alive and well. It's starting Day 11 for me. I took Keaton for the first 9 days of the journey. Worked awesome. Little to no affects from w/d. But you don't want to be on Kratom long-term. So I jumped off that, too. Everything good I read where they said take it the first 7-10 days to get over the worst part then just get off it. That's what I'm doing. So far so good. Anyone who isn't taking kratom during w/d is needlessly suffering. It really helps short-term. It was a Godsend. And Ambien works awesome for sleep.

Tom, I'm impressed with your progress. If you can get to 30 days and really have the mindset of quitting I can't see why you'd ever go back. Just keep the wrong people out of your life. I know ai cut three people entirely out of my life. I couldn't be around junkies and quit. You sound like you have it well under control now. Take some 5htp to help Seratonin levels but only for 12 weeks. More than that can cause harm to your muscles. Dr. Oz's website does a good write up on it. It will enhance your mood a lot.

Good luck. You sound like you are doing great!!! And PS, don't sweat the car. There are cars everywhere. They aren't that special. They'll finance anyone for a car. Just relax and look at your options. Think about little kids in cancer hospitals that are dying. They have problems. You had a small setback. You'll figure it out.

tom27 is offline Member

that is so strange that you said that about kids with cancer ,I have a good friend that there son is 12 and has a rare cancer call ed bioduck cancer,doctors are floored because its the first child in California that they know of,its horrible ,my son is very good friends with him, we have been on a week long science camp though the school,he was on our baseball team and the family is a great family ,the out come does not look good,we went to a fund raiser yesterday to help support there effort ,just not right that a great kid with so much potential might not get to see life,it really hit home I have a 13 and 15 year old son and the thought of something like that is horrific , I pray for him every night,and I hope anyone who reads this will pray for him,he is just a child,he went into the hospital Christmas morning and is still there ,and we all here thought we have a bad problem! not even close to what he is going through ,I'm glad your still doing good,I'm almost to 30 days,and feel great,keep fighting ,and I wish I would have known about kratom when I quit,sounds like it worked wonders,take care my friend,

Tom

tom27 is offline Member

hello my friends,hope all is well with everyone ,so Friday will be 30 days for me,all in all doing ok the hardest part of this whole thing for me is the disappointment I have inflicted on my wife, I don't know if I will ever completely gain her trust back, she still can't understand my sickness,and I'm fine with that,I know if you were never an addict it is hard to take in. still get questioned on how did I spend so much money etc. I am so ashamed at my self that it hurts. I know I'm moving in the right direction and in time I hope I can stay clean and prove somehow to my wife that I'm done with the pills. she means the world to me and I'm so grateful she is still by my side knowing all the >>>> I have done. thats all for now starting to get teary eyed writing this, I hope all my friends here are fighting hard to stay clean,

Tom

artist99 is offline Banned

Tom, read through your thread....good reading and congrats.
    My cousin I'm Texas seems to have finally kicked a ten year addiction. He's now about 200+ days clean. He came off once for fifteen days. He almost lost everything this time, his wife included. Two great kids who got stuck in the middle of this that they don't deserve. Kids are innocent.
    Anyway, I'm starting my battle, more or less starting. I've completed a weaning that used morphine to help. Strange as it sounds it seems to have possibly helped. I'm not chasing that dragon like I had previously. Feels great.

Hang in there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast