Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Day 4 of Opiate Withdrawal
    NotMeRight is offline New Member

Great job man. Yes i agree reading these post got me through the first couple of days so if your just starting please keep reading. Also im on day 3 and i feel a million times better than 1&2 so there is something to look forward too. The WD will end and then you will see the light and feel great.

NotMeRight is offline New Member

I know this is an old post but how are you doing cryin out?

TheI is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by susiewallace View Post
    Last night I went to bed expecting the worse as it was only night number 3. Much to my surprise, I slept better than I have in 2 years of taking Vicodin. I'm back!!! Now I'm left with the fatigue, malise and the strong craving for the little surge of energy. I just wanted to get a post up for anyone who may be in day one or day two and thinking of giving up because of the sleep deal (like I did so many times). Don't give up because by day 3 you should be sleeping like a baby. I tapered way down to .5 before going cold turkey.
    Am on day 4 myself....well in two more hellish hours. Whole body still hurts but I am not looking the hell back. Aside from 2 friends NOBODY knows the hell I have gotten myself in to in two, almost three years. Was going through anywhere from my 40 MG of Oxycodone prescribed along with 200 on street. This has been hell but showers and Gatorade have really helped. The restlessness and no sleep are the worst.

Default The I going thru hell

Quote Originally Posted by susiewallace View Post
    Last night I went to bed expecting the worse as it was only night number 3. Much to my surprise, I slept better than I have in 2 years of taking Vicodin. I'm back!!! Now I'm left with the fatigue, malise and the strong craving for the little surge of energy. I just wanted to get a post up for anyone who may be in day one or day two and thinking of giving up because of the sleep deal (like I did so many times). Don't give up because by day 3 you should be sleeping like a baby. I tapered way down to .5 before going cold turkey.
    Am on day 4 myself....well in two more hellish hours. Whole body still hurts but I am not looking the hell back. Aside from 2 friends NOBODY knows the hell I have gotten myself in to in two, almost three years. Was going through anywhere from my 40 MG of Oxycodone prescribed along with 200 on street. This has been hell but showers and Gatorade have really helped. The restlessness and no sleep are the worst.

Day 7, praying for sleep to come. All in all well worth the hell and know I am on the precipice of getting well and hopefully sleeping soon.

Thanks and Bless you all...
    TheI

getseasier is offline New Member

Hello everyone, the last time I posted I was on day 3 or 4 and that was Dec.12. its now Mar. 14 and I have been clean for 3 months now and feel great. Its amazing how things actually become normal again.I'm not going to lie
    I do still think about how I was high for years and actually thought I was normal. Its kinda sad really but things get better day by day.. Good Luck everyone, it can be done.....just sux.

eric89 is offline New Member

Hi I'm eric I'm new to this online thing I been using narcotics for 3 years now and man I wish I never star on this evil pills, I just wanna tell you guys my journey and how I'm fighting it I was taking about 90 milligrams of hydros and went cold turkey for the first time and let me tell you it was so freaking bad that I end up on the ER but the doctor was not really happy with me he told me that's what I get for taking something that I'm not in need I know he was right after talking to him he give me some clonezapam I think to help I think it did help me to sleep I detox for 7 or 8 day can't really remember and I Star feeling better and I was so stupid and star taking pills again and I did it for the next year and decide to give it another shot man I was so mad at my self but I ask my doctor and she help me with this medicen call clonodine it took almost 60 percent of the Wd but still didn't make it finally I'm trying it again and this time I did a lot of research over the net and my past experience so I Star my taper to 15 mg a day but while I was doing it I'm taking loperamide and let me tell you guys I'm surprised how easy is been almost not withdrawal it took about 90 % I didn't take the loperamide at high doses like they said on the net to do in just took about 5 to 10 pills a day and now I'm on day 3 with out any hydro and any loperamide and let me tell you I feel fine a little bit tired but that's it I'm hoping I get my self back soon and look at this and be like damn I was n idiot for doing this to my self god bless you guys I hope we all make it true this and good luck we all need it

Nabiki is offline New Member

I am on day 3. Goddess012 your post moved me to tears. I regret that I started these evil little demons. I am feeling chills but not as bad as day 1 & 2. I finally slept last night. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. This forum has been a God send. Bless all of you. Just wish I had more energy.

Nabiki is offline New Member

Your story really helped me today. Put me to tears. I am on day 3. Thx. hope all is well.

gaso is offline New Member

Hello all I'm currently goin on day 3 of withdrawal from 60 mg s day for 6 years I' have prescription and now I don't want it anymore .I thaught this was the way to go and I found out the hard way it's not .its a opiate it's no joke I know it's used for pain but we never look at the end result just a fast fix I nebet had a prescription ever till I was 40 and it changed my life I have managed to taper then stop cold turkey at 3 I lost my meds do I had no choice but lucky I did tapper for a month or so .I' have slept which is not noral and I have anxiety and some Nashua but I think it's going to really hit me tonight I don't want to go back to a pill every few hrs this thread is old but I needed to get it out and it is possible you don't think you can do it but you can I hope this helps someone goin through the process

Here again keeping people updated I'm in my 3rd day of no norco Friday wy last dose it's Monday I'm feeling up and down I weaned myself of 60g a day to 50 to 40 to 30 then jumped I don't have the craving and I don't look at the clock to take a pill I did this for 5 years so it can be done be strong I'm stay strong with my mom as my support talk get it out I know your afraid but just do it it was causing so many issues I can even start 60mg doesn't sound like much but try and get off it that's when you know I hope u can use this I used the Matt finch method he rules try and see if he can help

Hello all I'm on day 4 it's 6 am and I'm feeling the wdrawls still I did taper it has helped I stated at 60 mg ,50g 40g down to 30 then I cold turkey and now been 96 hrs since last norco I have had to miss work but I'm glad to get this done it's du able can be done don't be scared ,tapper if you can if you can then wdrawls will be so much worse I have been on norCo for 5 years I'm done I can't deal with it I don't want to go up in dose so it's best to quite I could not imagine taking 100 mg a day or more no way I can't if your tryn to quite try MATT FINCH his method is great tapper and other ways to ease withdrawls hope this helps I'm glad to made it this far and no cravings I don't want it at all its not easy but can be done

gratefuldeadty is offline New Member

I envy you for being able to get some shut eye. When night hits and I'm going through withdrawal I turn from my left side to right side about 600,000 times. Tossing and turning literally from the moment I lay down until the birds start chirping and the sun is screaming in through my window. Envy.

I am unfortunately still using, but am trying to quit.

Parkerhawk is offline New Member

I have tapered down from 150 to 200mg of oxcycodone a day to 60 mg of hydrocodone s. A day. My last dose will be at 8:00pm tonight. My life has been on a downward spiral. Like most I'm tired of the game. Counting pills waiting for the next script. I have to get my life back. I want to wake up and see the sun truly shine again. I admire your courage. Good luck!

wazzer is offline New Member

Default how are you now?

Quote Originally Posted by NotMeRight View Post
    Great job!!! I am on day 3 and i feel a million times better than day 2. I was taking 3 30mg percs a day by snorting. Anyone on day 1 or 2 it was hell but I took some vallium and probably took 6 baths a night to help the restless legs and anxiety. Day 3 i feel still a bit off but i will take it compared to 1&2. The great thing is that i now know i can do it and the addiction is OVER!!!!!!! I still have a long way to go but its all up from here. Oh and i did it coldturkey just FYI.
    How are you now I'm on day 4 today and feel great to be alive again still suffering slightly but nothing compared to day 2 and 3
    Pixiepoxie likes this.

Pixiepoxie is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by wazzer View Post
    How are you now I'm on day 4 today and feel great to be alive again still suffering slightly but nothing compared to day 2 and 3
    wazzer,

Welcome to the Forum!

Not sure if you noticed but you posted on an old thread....

If you start your own thread others will be able to find you and comment

Congratulations on Day 4 that is awesome!

You are through the worst....keep on going!

Forward and Onward Troops!

Bigdog74 is offline New Member

I'm on day 3, but I'm struggling badly. I spent thousands over the yrs an it has destroyed my family. This reason I'm trying to stay off.
    Ming23 likes this.

Hey big dog - great job so far. I just wanted to say I know exactly how you feel right now and you are amazing for deciding to end the crazy. It's a crazy cycle that consumes your life. It's crazy the amount of $ we spend to ruin our lives. I have been in this crazy cycle of addiction for over 15 years. The last 9 on Suboxone I have Only been clean for 11 days so I'm right there with you I know you can do this I promise if you need to talk or have any questions I can help with please let me know

ericg842 is offline New Member

I made a big mistake taking my girls Tramadol and now I'm on day 4cof withdrawal I feel better just very fatigue. I took it for two weeks straight at 50mg twice a day!! It gets easier day by day sleep is the worst of it but each day it gets better some days better then others. I'm doing this for myself and her she flushed them down the toilet be issue she was afraid of being addicted to it. Now she's having symptoms also but nothing as severe as I am. Anyone who is fighting don't give up there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you'll know once you get there!!

Johnny2stroke is offline New Member

Yeah? I found my sense of taste went to hell. Couldn't stomach anything I usually liked.

Johnny2stroke is offline New Member

Day 4 man. It gets easier. Only part im dealing with now is the lethargy. Feel so tired all the time. Luckily I got some time off work which helped god knows how I would go having to work on top of it but don't worry man. Your through the worst of it... it only gets easier from there

Oh... Dont step into the sun to quickly... thats all Im going to say on that matter
    Ming23 likes this.

Angel1961 is offline New Member

I'm on fourth day of opiate free. Please someone tell me it gets better. Thanks very depressed

recoverycnt is offline Banned

wow that's Nice i had also strugling from same Problem that time also so depress, so my one friends has suggest me to take outpatient addiction treatment.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-02-2016 at 03:26 PM.

ricky1066 is offline New Member

Hey All I am new here but I read all the post in this thread I took OXY 7.5/325 for 2 years I have recently tried two times to quit cold turkey I took only 5 pills a day for back pain. but I notice day one and two nothing but a Naseua stomach but night two and three I am going CRAZY with the Resltess leg. Laying in bed and feeling like a nut with the legs moving could not sleep for the two days twice that I got up both times and took a pill just to sleep. I do not think I abuse the meds I am just always With a headache and Naseu lately when I take them is that normal ? SO I decided I want to stop But the RLS is bad anything any one can recommend for RLS to help

Sumtin2hope4 is offline Member

Default Day 4!

Hi guys! Ok so I'm on day 4..or should I say DAY 4!!!! Yay! I'm new to all of this, but I can tell you everyone's stories, feedback, info and support is so helpful!! I have been reading everybody's posts for 3 days but just finally got up the energy to write.. I started this journey of hell about 5 yrs ago.. All because I had a toothache!! A freaken toothache!! So I was complaining to my neighbor and she was "nice" enough to offer me a 5 mg perc... Well it made me throw up.. I wish that's were I could say the story ends....(I wouldn't be on this site if that was true!)

Ok we'll make a long story short one night I had a huge buzz, and asked her for another one! And guess what? This time I didn't get sick!! Nope! At first it was awesome! It made housework fun, it made washing my car fun, it made going out fun, etc..etc.. Then it started making my job more fun, my evenings more fun, my mornings more fun pretty soon after about 2 years of "fun" it really wasn't as fun anymore, oh but then I got my hands on some 10s and 15s.. And guess what it was fun again! Then when i couldn't get those I found someone that had 30s.. In my mind I thought oh my! What am I doing?? Ok, ok, no biggie, I'll just half it! Well we all know how that goes!! Anyway, it wasn't until a week ago that my BF came home and said that he thinks my son has been taking his Percs!! 50 of them to be exact! He won't touch the stuff, and he never knew that I did them, he had a shoulder injury and his doc gave him a script so he got it filled just in case he may need one.. Well boy oh boy! That was like hitting the jack pot! Sorry I'm getting sidetracked! Well by this point I was done with the lies, the stress, the ups and downs of this horrible ride! And I definitely could not let my son( my flesh and blood) take the wrap for my sickness! It took me a couple of days of anguish and despair to finally come clean and fess up that I had a problem! That was on Sunday.. It is now Thursday and I haven't had a pill since Sunday morning at 8am... And let me tell you, this has been the hardest thing I have ever done!! This has been kicking my butt for 4 days!! The good news is I'm finally getting more energy.. Yesterday I made my self get out of the house to go to Walgreens to get some vitamins, Gatorade, Imodium, cough syrup, Advil pm, Tylenol, and just some Advil.. By last night I totally thought I was somewhat out of the woods... But another night of no sleep and this morning the anxiety is killing me! I have never let myself get to the wd stage before it got too bad, I would always find something to relieve it.. I will say, it does relieve a lot of stress going through this knowing that I never ever have to feel this way again!! So at the end of my run of 5 yrs I was up to anywhere from 80-150 mgs a day of oxy and when I didn't have those I would get 7.5 hydros and eat about 15 per day.. Our dog had eye surgery and one day I couldn't find anything and yup u know what happened! That's right I ate the freakin dogs tramodal! So for those of you who are reading this and you are on day 1 or 2 DONT give into those evil things! You can do this! I know I have to keep telling myself that! When I was on day 1 and reading everybodies stories I was so jealous of the people who were on day 3 and 4, and as I sit here now on day 4 I'm proud that I made it this far but I'm super scared of the unknown...the anxiety, the anxiety, the anxiety! I can't even think about taking a hot shower or bath Cuz I'm too scared of it being too cold when I get out!! I'm freezing! Im so tired of this hell! And it is truly hell, but I know it won't last forever!

Thanks to everyone for all of your support it really does make a difference!

cidambi is offline New Member

Thumbs up Opiate withdrawal

Hey All I am new here but I read all the post in this thread. i have also suffering from these problem and i get in depress but one of my best friend has suggest me take advice from expert of recoverycnt, they are really great.

Sonyainred is offline New Member

Default Jonesing

I have been withdrawing from Methadone for 4 days I am miserable I am 43 I have been on some kind of substance since since 2000 I am miserable but I don't want this life no more I have been on the methadone clinic for two and a half years now 80mg day my car broke down so no car ,no job, no Clinic. I just need advice help please someone just want to be done with this life

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sonyainred View Post
    I have been withdrawing from Methadone for 4 days I am miserable I am 43 I have been on some kind of substance since since 2000 I am miserable but I don't want this life no more I have been on the methadone clinic for two and a half years now 80mg day my car broke down so no car ,no job, no Clinic. I just need advice help please someone just want to be done with this life

Welcome!

Start a new thread for yourself so you can journal any progress made towards your goal. This is an older thread and no longer any responses associated with it. If you need help starting that thread just let us know and we'll help.

Methadone is a bear to get off, but not impossible. I was on it for years and it took me a while to finally get off. Tapering the mdone is sometimes difficult. It requires a plan that needs to be followed closely. And the rate of taper needs to be very slow and steady to prevent harsh symptoms. From the 80mg per day you're now taking a common rate of reduction would be around 2-5% every 5-7 days or so. If you try to stop cold turkey you will be having a very rough road ahead. With the long half life of mdone it remains in your system a very long time.

What I did (and many, many others) is reduce our methadone dose down to. around 30mgs per day (and lower) then make the switch to Suboxone. It's far easier to taper the subs than the mdone. That might be something you want to consider? I can certainly help you with that if you choose that route.

Get your new thread started and we can talk there. Others will respond also with help and support.

Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-03-2017 at 08:51 PM.

K_M_New is offline New Member

Goddess012, I am on my 3rd day as well and I cannot believe how much better I am starting to feel. I am obviously not out of the woods but like you I can see the light!! I also was taking tramadol and Percocet. I realized I was needing to take more in order for it to work properly and I didn't want that. I didn't want to become dependent and what I didn't realize is that I already was. I was only on them for 1 month, I had no idea you could develop a dependency so quickly, but you can. I will never accept another narcotic prescription from the dr or anyone else again. This has been a complete nightmare. I am hoping me starting to feel better isn't just a tease and that I will begin to feel as badly again. Congratulations to you for being strong and sticking with it!! I hope to get completely past this before school is out for the summer so that I can do all of the fun things with my children and not feel bad while doing so!!
    Patricks likes this.

Teresaray54 is offline New Member

Wow..i applaud you putting no opiates in all your charts..im only on day 3 ..cold turkey...still want my pills cuz I have chronic pain...i hope I can get where you are and put that in all my charts...such a deceiving drug....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast