Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Day 4 of Opiate Withdrawal
    susiewallace is offline New Member

Default Day 4 of Opiate Withdrawal

Last night I went to bed expecting the worse as it was only night number 3. Much to my surprise, I slept better than I have in 2 years of taking Vicodin. I'm back!!! Now I'm left with the fatigue, malise and the strong craving for the little surge of energy. I just wanted to get a post up for anyone who may be in day one or day two and thinking of giving up because of the sleep deal (like I did so many times). Don't give up because by day 3 you should be sleeping like a baby. I tapered way down to .5 before going cold turkey.

Time_4_A_Change is offline New Member

thanks for your post, wish i did it without taking subutex for 3 days but kinda had the idea all along to do it that way, i'll let everyone no how it goes,
    I'm sure now that your sleep is starting to come back you'll notice a massive difference over the next few days, keep you head in the right place and the rest will follow i'm sure of it ;-)

jujubes is offline New Member

wow susiew that's brilliant! Good drug free sleep is gonna give your body time to heal. You've done it girl!!

Yay!
    susiewallace and oxyblues like this.

Day 7. Can't believe I finally did it. In the past 7 days, I have lost 8 pounds and gained about 150 dollars!! Why didn't I do this sooner? I'm feeling great! I know a lot of people say they lost weight using opiates, but I think it is inevitable that long term abuse of opiates is going to cause weight gain. I was eatling like a bird for the past year and a half and still gained 30 pounds. The fact that our digestive system slows on opiates is the culprit I'm sure. The little bit of buzz we get out of these pills is just not worth what it does to our health in the long run. In addition to the weight loss, I feel like I'm coming out of a daze. My mind is sharper and my short term memory is coming back. Anyone that is considering quitting and really wants to quit, be prepared for 3 days of hell and 3 nights without sleep and you will be done with this rollercoaster. Before you know it, you will have 10 times the energy you had while taking opiates.
    Cree34, oxyblues, lgotv and 1 others like this.

grip is offline Member

almost all users come out of the "opiate fog",, colors seem brighter, detail seems clearer, sounds are crisper and things actually taste better.. my smell took weeks to straiten out though,, anything with a strong odor was almost unbearable.. eventually your mind keeps getting sharper, which is when you really look back in disbelief that you ever took pills.. you won't believe how fast the next year goes by
    jujubes and susiewallace like this.

Thanks grip for the encouraging words! I didn't realize there was an actual term for the "fog" I'm coming out of (that I didn't even realize I was in)! You are right - all of my senses are amped up!

grip is offline Member

yea those opiates really dull the senses and numb the mind.. we slowly fall into an abyss of chemical imbalance without even being aware.. most people detoxing go gaga for music,, I was listening to old head banging rock I hadn't liked since I was 18 yrs old.. something about how the brain processes sensory input.. it all starts to level out after 30 days or so but you'll likely remember what a big deception the euphoria of drugs were
    susiewallace likes this.

cryin out is offline Member

Susie, that is so wonderful! How did you taper your meds? I am struggling with that right now.

Crying out, sorry I am just now getting back to the board. I am at 1 month and 2 days today and can honestly say I am back to normal. I feel so much better now than i did while I was taking the vics. What I did was taper down from 4 a day, to 3, to 2, to 1 and then 1/2 on the last day. I started losing sleep when i got down to 1 (but still slept some). When I went cold turkey, I only had 2 really bad nights. After that, I had an occasional night where it took me several hours to get to sleep (with the same restless symptoms I had those first 2 nights), but I did sleep. By the time I decided to quit, the only reason I was taking these pills was to feel normal. I didn't gain (feel) anything from the pills in the end. Even so, I still have the random urge to go get more. I keep reminding myself how much I have saved by NOT getting more. I'm at approximately 700 dollars saved to date. The second thing I remind myself of is the weight gain from these pills. I could not keep going at the rate I was gaining weight or I would be 300 pounds in another year. If you taper down to where you have 1/2 a pill on the last day, you are not going to lose more than 2-3 nights sleep. It is well worth it though. I have more energy than ever now that I am past the withdrawls. You can do it too! Good luck to you and again I am sorry it took me so long to find your message.

Anonymous Guest

I am on day 4 cold turkey. I too slept better last night than in years! You have given me hope- I will beat this!!!!
    ~ Scarlett
    susiewallace likes this.

cryin out is offline Member

Thank you for your reply Susie. I am so happy you wrote back and let us know how you are doing and your taper method. Have a wonderful new year, what a gift to have the holidays clean!!! So wonderful Susie

godess012 is offline New Member

Hello. Day 3 of withdrawal from tramodol and percocet. I am so excited! I still didn't sleep much last night, yesterday and the day before were HELL! But, today, wow. I can't believe how much better I feel today. Its like I can see the finish line right in front of me. I have a good feeling that tonight I might be able to actually sleep! Haha. I decided to go cold turkey about 2 weejs ago. I did it for a day and a half and then forgot my meds were coming in the mail and they arrived..and I gave in. But after 4 days I threw them down the toilet and refused to call any of my "connections" because frankly I wanted my damn life back. My husband has been very supportive through all this but also stayed on my butt about quitting. It hit me hard the day I flushed my percs and tramadol because my husband said to me.."I want you to be alive in 5 years to see your kids grow up, or in 15 years to see our grandkids, I want to die before you because I never want to lose you". So that did it. I quit. The first two days were unexplainable. But..it really showed me how strong I am. And today I can say that I did it!! I know I'm not completely out of the woods..but today, feeling about 75% better, I can see the 'light at the end of the tunnel' that I've heard so much about. So to anyone thatwas/is like me...DO IT! The >>>>>> tingly achy painful awlful feelings do go away!! I swear to you it will be the best thing you ever do for yourself.

Jess70 is offline New Member

Hi guys! I am feeling very hopeful, excited and want to share my story, both for support and hopefully to encourage anyone who may be struggling with "quitting" narcotics.
    I have lupus. SLE. It attacks my entire body- joints, organs, (specifically kidneys and brain), I have MANY aches and pains. After almost four years of narcotics, everything from dialaudid to perocet, I "stabilized" taking approx 80 mg of Percocet a day. I never had any issues filling my getting or filling my Rx, as my doctors said "don't be a hero" and since I'm a healthcare executive, everyone knew me. It was easy and I was not considered a "seeker" no matter how much I needed. I was ill and in pain. Justified abuse.
    Year three. I moved to south Florida - aka pill mill of the world- or at least it was, right up until I moved here. Suddenly, my medicine was a problem/ I was a seeker- I was humiliated for the very thing I was encouraged to do- take my medicine - liberally- to remain functional- when I finally found a pain management doctor willing to write for me, the pharmacy refused to fill the rx- it became SUCH an issue, that I left my boyfriend, the one I moved to Florida to be with, because I needed to go back to my doctors where I knew I wouldn't have any issues.
    After spending a year apart, and many heartaches, I couldn't stand to be apart anymore- I knew if I was going back to Florida I would have to quit... Oh the things we do for love-
    He saved my life.
    I started to taper- and it was slow. I flew back to pa four times to fill my rx because I just wasn't ready- and I was determined to taper slowly so the WD wasn't so bad- six months later- yes, SIX MONTHS, I FINALLY feel the fruits of my labor..
    Started at 80 mg, down to 60, 50, 40, 30, 20,
    I am down to my last 15. Not ready to make the jump- I have about eight pills left (I cut them in quarters so they are 2.5 mg per dose. Even though I know I likely won't have much as far as withdrawal, I like how it's been going so slowly and I think I will continue at this pace until I am at 2.5 a day... I wait for my body to adjust to the new dose and move one step further (or closer to my goal)
    The only real withdrawal I have felt besides the urge, has been fatigue- that yawning... And muscle weakness- severe for a day- but always better on day two of the new dose. Today I went from 20 to 15 and literally felt nothing- I can't believe it and think it's close- please please stay strong everyone!!!!
    Jessica

go_me is offline New Member

Well after 4 years of taking this drug i am on day 3 of no tramadol, i must say i'm getting alot of headaches but hey this has to be done, i was at first taking 2x 50mg four times a day over the years i have cut down on my own with no help, the last time a tramadol was took was sunday. I must say i feel sick but the multi vitiamins are helping, my partner has been my rock so have my children has a few restless nights sleep but my sleep pattern is getting better.

So people look towards the future as days do get clearer

Reerah10 is offline New Member

Default Four days no opiates!!

Today is day four with no opiates. A year and half of roxy 30 mg Second time trying to get off them . I haven't had roxy in 11 days but used suboxone for seven days until I read about how much harder they are to get off . The first two days I just slept all day and the last two has been awful! Please some encouraging thoughts! I soo want my life back not to mention 30-45$ a day that I'm spending ! This is the hardest thing I have ever done and only one person knows about my addiction and he's a 1000 away. I'm still trying to maintain my job and tend to two teenage boys

J-Hart is offline Junior Member

i believe you can do it.. as we are all struggling too. but with support i guess we can overcome anything. so just keep going and keep your focus. i'm telling this to myself too.

Gina507 is offline New Member

I can't believe what you said about music!!!! I'm on day 4 am I'm feeling pretty good just blah! But day 3 I was listening back to Billy Joel haha, stay strong

Gina507 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reerah10 View Post
    Today is day four with no opiates. A year and half of roxy 30 mg Second time trying to get off them . I haven't had roxy in 11 days but used suboxone for seven days until I read about how much harder they are to get off . The first two days I just slept all day and the last two has been awful! Please some encouraging thoughts! I soo want my life back not to mention 30-45$ a day that I'm spending ! This is the hardest thing I have ever done and only one person knows about my addiction and he's a 1000 away. I'm still trying to maintain my job and tend to two teenage boys
    I'm on day 4 of a 12-15 a day 30mg roxy habit Also. I snorted them that's the only way I would! So I'm fighting 2 demons. 1 of getting them out of my system and the 2nd is beating the "snorting" habit! Ugh it sucks!!! I have yo say I'm good this morning just a little blah. The subs I did numerous times but hot addicted to those to and the money I spent on them was ridiculous , those DR's are the devil also. Just be strong and keep busy. Believe me if I can do it anyone could. Good- luck
    Ce2700 likes this.

hope18 is offline New Member

I am on day 4 ... I'm at that point where I know it's the best not to give in but I want to badly. I am starting to feel a little better but I am dealing with a chronic pain condition so it's definitely hard but I want my life back. My husband and I are doing this together and we have lost so much because of this addiction. It's hard to take care of my girls as they are 3 and almost 5 ... but I just keep telling myself to do my best for them. We lost our house and have been back and forth between our parents houses. They need to be stable like they were before so they can feel secure. I live and breathe for my girls and I can't believe I let it get this far.

Lashawn is offline New Member

Reading these stories are making me feel even better I'm on day 4 of withdraw from Percocet Vicodin and oxycodone I've been takin them every single day for 2 1/2 years at least 5 a day sumtimes 8 I only wuld take them in the evening once I'm home and relaxed I wuld take all of them at once i went cold turkey 4 days ago an it's getting way better I jus woke up an said I'm tired of spending all my money on pills daily I culd save an have much more day two was horrible and that same day one of my connects called me to give me 3 free pills for a ride sumwre I said no and deleted her number even tho I was craving it so bad I felt strong and good abt my self

Catherine120813 is offline Senior Member

Good for you Lashawn! You are almost over the worst. I am so glad I never got to the dealer stage because it is such an extra level of temptation. Fortunately mine was all script, so I have put a note on every medical chart I have: "No Opiates" Day 9 has been very emotional for me but physically I am feeling pretty good.

Keep going!

These posts have been very inspirational for me I'm trying my best to not give in but the worst hadn't even begun yet I want my life back but I honestly can't imagine getting through this if anyone has any suggestions on how you made it through it would be so helpful I feel very desperate and alone

mj monty is offline Banned

Day 3 off Norco 10/325 and 500 mg of tramadol daily. I'm determined to get my life back. I can basically walk into any clinic and get what I want.....that's the easy part. Dealing with the various pharmacies and using cash sometimes and my insurance when it worked sucked. Every pharmacy in 3 towns knew me. I decided I wanted to stop playing this game, admit my problem and detox/withdraw. I have 4 year old boy that relies on me and I made a promise to him and to myself to get clean. Day 3 right now cold turkey. I know people say taper but I truly believe you must suffer physically and the process will be faster. I've done it before, it's not so much the physical withdrawals for me as it is psychological. I'm praying for all of you. Wish me luck and God bless.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Hi, MJ. This is an old thread. One thing you might want to do is to go to the "Need to Talk" Board and start a thread or start your own thread here. That way you will get more responses because more people will see it, specifically in "need to talk".

I'm glad you want to reclaim your life. How long have you been on the Tramadol? We normally recommend that you taper that as it also works as an SSRI and can cause seizures if you have been taking a high amount for a period of time, so be careful with that. I hear you about suffering physically, but don't endanger your health. The norco is fine to c/t. Yeah, I'm glad because you are obviously doc shopping and that is highly illegal and easier now to get caught doing it. You don't need a record for drug abuse.

What you can do for this is start the Thomas Recipe, there are other herbals/suppplements that pop up on the "need to talk" board that will help you. However, since this is more psychological with you and you have been through this before you need to consider getting face to face help through either AA/NA. Addiction is a BEAST and very hard to conquer on your own addict free will. You may want to go to "need to talk" and read "ASK RUTH's thread, ARTIST_658. I do with you luck!!

Peace,

Iloerose

blueopiate is offline Member

Way to go man. Your doing what I hope to achieve. You see, I always said women are stronger when it comes to matters likes this. I have seen more women quit around me than men. I wonder if anyone has ever done a study on this. Anyway, great job.

Tattoolove is offline New Member

I'm not sure how active this thread is anymore. I hope it is, because I could use the encouragement. And strange enough when I read the comments I actually feel better. I'm finally saying I'm done with feeding my habit. I've been on hydro 10s for the past 3-4 yrs. would take up to 8 a day. I'm finally cold turkey and took my last half of a pill Wednesday morning. When will this fog go away? I'm trying so hard to eat but it's tough. Not to mention I'm with my 6 year old son all weekend alone. I think I'm feeling better a little each day, but hope this fog go away soon or I start to feel better!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-14-2014 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Autocorrect

getseasier is offline New Member

Default thank you

Hello, I know this thread is a little older but I know people will read these posts and hopefully it will help others as much as it helped me. I am on day 5 of wd from a massive opiate habit and ill start by saying I had several doctors prescribing everything from fentanyl patches, oxycontin, roxys, opanas, ms contin, and a few more. I do have severe issues with my back but once I was addicted to opiates I pretty much learned how dr offices and pharmacies operated and after my habit got so bad I started taking advantage of the system and pretty much had any pills I wanted in large numbers. I would wake up in the morning and eat 8 oc 60mg at one time. I sniffed all my oxycodone 30s and I was filling 4 prescriptions for 120, 30mg pills every 20 days so its sad to say it but I would crush 4, 30s and a xanax 4 or 5 times a day along with a cocktail of other pills all day. there was times I would have 5 fentanyl patches on at one time 100mcg. the saddest part of this whole addiction is the sadness ive caused for others, my wife left me, I lost my house, lost my job because I nodded all day, wrecked my car from nodding and a young successful guy now lives back home with nothing. this is rock bottom I now know that I am no longer a functioning addict. I lost everything but my life and my addiction lasted 12 years. so so sad. on a better note im on day 5 now and the worst is over. I never stopped even for a day in over a decade, I do know that in the detox process it will never be pain free or comfortable....it is not fun but you have to get through the first 3 days of misery and then it gets soooo... much easier I promise but there is no way to do this 100% free of discomfort. after the physical part is over the mental part is harder in different ways but I can honestly say I feel so incredible for sticking it out this time and I never made it through even a day. I know that reading posts from people who have been there (sweaty, aches, chills etc) helped me get to this point and if an addiction as intense as mine can be navigated then anyone can do it. these posts are all so accurate and you can see how it is different but the same for all. I am incredibly thankful for the information I gathered in these threads and i think it is a major help when your in the depths of w/d. thanks again everyone and remember by day 5 you will feel like a new person...I promise, good luck
    Iluv2smile likes this.

JoJo05 is offline New Member

Day 4 and still not feeling right. Went for walks everyday and tapered down for the past 2 months from 150-50mg oxycodone. I have little to no energy and depressed.

NotMeRight is offline New Member

Great job!!! I am on day 3 and i feel a million times better than day 2. I was taking 3 30mg percs a day by snorting. Anyone on day 1 or 2 it was hell but I took some vallium and probably took 6 baths a night to help the restless legs and anxiety. Day 3 i feel still a bit off but i will take it compared to 1&2. The great thing is that i now know i can do it and the addiction is OVER!!!!!!! I still have a long way to go but its all up from here. Oh and i did it coldturkey just FYI.

NotMeRight is offline New Member

Also FYI i did it by coldturkey
    wishmastermaker likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast