Day 5 quitting subutex... Misery... Please help ease my mind
    MashaMasha is offline Junior Member

Default Day 5 quitting subutex... Misery... Please help ease my mind

It's day 5 and I'm a wreck. I haven't slept. Cold sweats, creepy crawly skin, weakness, severe fatigue, body feels like it's filled with lead, can't get comfortable in any position.
    I posted earlier but I was told weekends were slow.
    I'm pregnant and jumped from 4-6mg. I had no choice in the matter, it was the only chance I would be able to send my son over to my mother's house for a week so it had to be done now. I know it can cause miscarriages, but that's a better alternative to having a baby born with addiction and suffer because of something their mother did. Also I am only 8 weeks pregnant.
    I haven't been feeling even slightly better.
    Desperate for many experiences, positive preferably. Just tell me there's a light at the end of the tunnel. These posts scare the bejesus out of me with "weeks upon weeks, even months and months of withdrawals". I can't go through that. I have been away from my son for 5 days and I'm dying I miss him so much. I cry every second from the pain in my body and the pain in my heart for causing such a situation that I am forced to be away from him. Please guys I'm so lost so alone so scared. How long will this last. I need my baby I need to get better and come pick him up.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hi,

I'm sorry that no one seems to have answers for you. Aside from getting back on the sub and doing a proper taper, I'm just afraid there's nothing but time that will have you feeling better. I know this isn't what you want to hear. I have, especially more recently, seen people join and post here that have jumped from doses that I didn't think were possible so it looks like it can be done.

Are you taking anything to try and treat the symptoms? Vitamins, supplements? Drinking plenty of water actually more than plenty, drink as much as you possibly can. You have to try and eat as healthy as you can right now too in order to begin to gain some strength back. Protein. Do you have a blender that you can use to make protein shakes? Use protein powder, milk and/or yogurt and whatever fruit you like. Bananas are a good source of potassium and might help some with the restless legs. There's a few over the counter things you might try for the restlessness too. Hylands Restless Legs or Calm support. Heating pads are comforting too along with plenty of hot baths. Is there anything that you can do to try and stay busy? I'm not suggesting that you walk 5 miles a day but something that will help occupy your mind a little. I know it's hard.

This is probably all stuff that you already know about. You said you still have plenty of subs but they aren't an option. Why? Because you don't trust yourself to stay to program? Especially being pregnant, I still honestly think that this is the best choice. But this is your journey. Read threads and post as much as you can. That at least is a way to occupy your mind for a little bit.

Wishing you'll turn the corner soon.....

Peace,

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Hi,

I'm sorry that no one seems to have answers for you. Aside from getting back on the sub and doing a proper taper, I'm just afraid there's nothing but time that will have you feeling better. I know this isn't what you want to hear. I have, especially more recently, seen people join and post here that have jumped from doses that I didn't think were possible so it looks like it can be done.

Are you taking anything to try and treat the symptoms? Vitamins, supplements? Drinking plenty of water actually more than plenty, drink as much as you possibly can. You have to try and eat as healthy as you can right now too in order to begin to gain some strength back. Protein. Do you have a blender that you can use to make protein shakes? Use protein powder, milk and/or yogurt and whatever fruit you like. Bananas are a good source of potassium and might help some with the restless legs. There's a few over the counter things you might try for the restlessness too. Hylands Restless Legs or Calm support. Heating pads are comforting too along with plenty of hot baths. Is there anything that you can do to try and stay busy? I'm not suggesting that you walk 5 miles a day but something that will help occupy your mind a little. I know it's hard.

This is probably all stuff that you already know about. You said you still have plenty of subs but they aren't an option. Why? Because you don't trust yourself to stay to program? Especially being pregnant, I still honestly think that this is the best choice. But this is your journey. Read threads and post as much as you can. That at least is a way to occupy your mind for a little bit.

Wishing you'll turn the corner soon.....

Peace,

Cat
    Hi Cat,
    The thing is not that I don't trust myself but it's because I only have a limited window of my mom being able to take off work and watch my son. I have 2 and a half weeks. If I take a sub that will delay the process of everything flushing my body. I guess I'm just complaining, I'm a wimp with pain and patience. I was hoping someone could relate and give me a "don't worry it will end real soon". Just something to help keep me going. I realize it was a high jump but it's just the cards I was dealt and I can't complain because many women don't even have the option of sending their baby to moms while they get clean, I am blessed. Which by the way makes me feel even more guilty because I have such an amazing family, and what the heck am I doing with this garbage in my system in the first place?? I am so weak and irresponsible and I hate myself. I truly loathe myself and if not for my babies I would end my life.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MashaMasha View Post
    Hi Cat,
    The thing is not that I don't trust myself but it's because I only have a limited window of my mom being able to take off work and watch my son. I have 2 and a half weeks. If I take a sub that will delay the process of everything flushing my body. I guess I'm just complaining, I'm a wimp with pain and patience. I was hoping someone could relate and give me a "don't worry it will end real soon". Just something to help keep me going. I realize it was a high jump but it's just the cards I was dealt and I can't complain because many women don't even have the option of sending their baby to moms while they get clean, I am blessed. Which by the way makes me feel even more guilty because I have such an amazing family, and what the heck am I doing with this garbage in my system in the first place?? I am so weak and irresponsible and I hate myself. I truly loathe myself and if not for my babies I would end my life.
    Hey Mashamasha
    Sorry you feel so down.
    How long were you on 4-6 mgs? Makes a diff.
    Hang in there...

Hi ming23,
    I've been on it for Aprx. 2.5 years (suboxone) with 16 mg for maybe 2 years and then I tried to quit for about 6 days and then couldn't so I went on 8mg for a few months and then when I found out I was pregnant I was switched to subutex and I took those doses that I mentioned.

7fourteen is offline Member

Mashamasha , I have to agree with Cat, if you taper correctly it will make the whole process so much easier. When you do a good taper things are not that extreme. You should be able to function fine with a lot less discomfort. But the choice is yours. As has been said, drink as much water as you can handle, eat clean foods. Proteins fruits veggies etc. and try to stay active. Those three things played a major role with myself. Good luck and stay strong.

Gonnawin is offline Member

I agree with the taper plan. As annoying as it is to be mildly uncomfortable day after day during a taper is a million times better than going 100% full on CT. I don't know but I would think it would be safer for the baby as well to be eased off. Just my opinion. Good luck!

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Masha
    What did you decide? It's rough to jump from so high a dose.