Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
Day 5 of Suboxone Detox.
    eddie14wrx is offline New Member

Default Day 5 of Suboxone Detox.

Hey all, this is my first time posting on this forum so if I do or say anything wrong please forgive me. I'm 29 years old and started doing oxy 30s when I was 19, I got clean when I turned 22 and have been on suboxone ever since. I started on 16mg a day for about 3 years than I finally found a doctor who was willing to taper me off and for the past 4 years I have gone downxtremely slow, I was on .25 for maybe a little over a month before I took the jump and my last dose was last Wednesday so that makes it 5 days off them. days 1-3 were pretty rough and yesterday I felt a little better...today however I don't feel any psychical symptoms but im extremely bummed out and constantly thinking about being normal again...I know my brains not going to go back to normal in just 5 days after having 10 years of opiates but my question is when does anyone think ill wake up and feel like me again? I read horror stories on >>>>>> and other sites saying detox could take 3 months to a year and some people will never be right again. Im just curious to know what im in for and for how long because my doctor told me I would be fine after a week however I don't see that being the case, sorry for rambling and probably misspelling and terrible punctuation but like I said I'm new to forums and still quite nervous. Thanks in advance for any response. Eddie.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eddie14wrx View Post
    Hey all, this is my first time posting on this forum so if I do or say anything wrong please forgive me. I'm 29 years old and started doing oxy 30s when I was 19, I got clean when I turned 22 and have been on suboxone ever since. I started on 16mg a day for about 3 years than I finally found a doctor who was willing to taper me off and for the past 4 years I have gone downxtremely slow, I was on .25 for maybe a little over a month before I took the jump and my last dose was last Wednesday so that makes it 5 days off them. days 1-3 were pretty rough and yesterday I felt a little better...today however I don't feel any psychical symptoms but im extremely bummed out and constantly thinking about being normal again...I know my brains not going to go back to normal in just 5 days after having 10 years of opiates but my question is when does anyone think ill wake up and feel like me again? I read horror stories on >>>>>> and other sites saying detox could take 3 months to a year and some people will never be right again. Im just curious to know what im in for and for how long because my doctor told me I would be fine after a week however I don't see that being the case, sorry for rambling and probably misspelling and terrible punctuation but like I said I'm new to forums and still quite nervous. Thanks in advance for any response. Eddie.

Eddie, welcome to the forum. It's extremely slow around here these days so be patient waiting for replies. As far as your question goes, everybody is different and there is no exact timeline for symptoms to go away? You were on suboxone for a long time! You did a great job tapering down to .25mg/day! Since you are now 5 days off the subs you should stay the course. If you were still taking the sub I would of advised you to taper a little bit further down to .18mg for a week or so then down to .125mg for another week then a skip day process or just jump. Hopefully most of your physical symptoms are gone by now, the last things that return to normal usually always are energy and sleep! The mental part takes a bit longer to return, depression, anxiety and not feeling normal can definitely last a few months, it's just the way it goes after using opiates for many years! Your brain needs time to repair itself and it will so stay positive! In the mean time it's extremely important to stay well hydrated, drink tons of water! Eat a clean and healthy diet! Avoid caffeine and refined sugar for the next couple of months! Look into some vitamins and amino acids that will help you recover faster? Keep posting and let us know how you are doing? We are help to help and support you in any way we can! Take care... God bless us all!
    WifeMotherSister likes this.