Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Day 6 opiate free and still feel withdrawals!
    Wishing2besober is offline Junior Member

Default Day 6 opiate free and still feel withdrawals!

So today is day 6 for me free from opiates. I was taking around 100mg of oxycodone hcl for about 1 year. It all started with a prescription for a car accident I was in and then when I was cut off I went through a friend. I tried quitting in June and made it 30 days before PAWS set in and I gave in. This time around I picked up speed very quickly and before I knew it I was taking 150 mg to 180 mg a day. Well I've had enough! I want to be free from the hold these pills have on me and get my life back on track. Needless to say, I've depleted our savings account and have caused major friction with my significant other because of how sick I get when I don't have them. He doesn't know why I am so unhappy. I am so lucky he loves me unconditionally or so I would like to think. He supported and cared for me completely when I quit in June and this time around I am just too embarrassed to tell him I started this crazy addiction of mine again. I don't want to find out if he will stand by my side this time around. So here I am going through this alone and I am still feeling sweaty and can't sleep. This time around I used Gabapentin in place of Valium in the Thomas Recipe but I can honestly say it feels like it only prolonged my withdrawal. I took time off of work but now I have to go back tomorrow. I am still sweating and the restless leg is driving me nuts. Anyone else have any experience using gabapentin? If so, can you please share your experience with me? I am praying to get through this and stay sober this time around.

blillulu11 is offline New Member

I feel for you and understand what you're going through.I have been addicted to vicodin for 4 yrs now. I stop taking the to "detox" abit for a few weeks, then go back. The depression from quitting can last a while. It's a residual side effect of opiate withdrawal. Look at it this way, since you've become addicted you have failed to realize how all consuming it became. Your whole day revolved around your drug of choice. Now you don't know what to do and have probably forgotten who you were without it. I was prescribed gabapentin. I looked it up and by choice do not take it. That choice is yours. The best thing for you is to find counselling for your depression. If money's an issue, go to NA. Don't try to do it on your own. It's difficult and your chances of returning to your addiction are high. Wishing you the very best, and sending prayers.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

The best thing you can do for yourself is to hit NA/AA. Get some counseling. What are you going to do differently? PAWS is extremely rare. The depression and sleeplessness is normal. The time it takes to get to the other side is different for everyone. We don't get here overnight and don't get better overnight. Do not dwell on your lingering symptoms. What you can do is drink plenty of water, eat well, stay away from energy drinks, try some gatorade and some hyland's restful legs for RLS, and most important EXERCISE: you need to get natural endorphins moving again. You can make this, but like the previous poster stated it's not something to do on your own: NA/AA/CDA/ counseling. Post and make a record of this. You don't need the gabapentin. Best of luck to you.

Peace,

Iloerose

Efil Pleh is offline Member

I will say a prayer for you. This nasty addiction does not discriminate and seems to hang on for a long time. The thing I keep telling myself is that others have beat this and regained a good life. If they can do it so can we!

chrisgt46 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing2besober View Post
    So today is day 6 for me free from opiates. I was taking around 100mg of oxycodone hcl for about 1 year. It all started with a prescription for a car accident I was in and then when I was cut off I went through a friend. I tried quitting in June and made it 30 days before PAWS set in and I gave in. This time around I picked up speed very quickly and before I knew it I was taking 150 mg to 180 mg a day. Well I've had enough! I want to be free from the hold these pills have on me and get my life back on track. Needless to say, I've depleted our savings account and have caused major friction with my significant other because of how sick I get when I don't have them. He doesn't know why I am so unhappy. I am so lucky he loves me unconditionally or so I would like to think. He supported and cared for me completely when I quit in June and this time around I am just too embarrassed to tell him I started this crazy addiction of mine again. I don't want to find out if he will stand by my side this time around. So here I am going through this alone and I am still feeling sweaty and can't sleep. This time around I used Gabapentin in place of Valium in the Thomas Recipe but I can honestly say it feels like it only prolonged my withdrawal. I took time off of work but now I have to go back tomorrow. I am still sweating and the restless leg is driving me nuts. Anyone else have any experience using gabapentin? If so, can you please share your experience with me? I am praying to get through this and stay sober this time around.
    What you are doing takes courage! You have the desire to quit, therefore you are ahead of a lot of people. I too have suffered from extended withdrawal from oxy, I was taking 300mg's a day for years. I went more than a month before giving in again. This time I am using Suboxone to quit. You can do it! I'm going to AA and posting to this forum for support. Best of luck, and God bless!

As I am writing this the tears won't stop flowing. I feel like such a failure. I made it 11 days sober and the anxiety and sleep deprivation were too much to bare. I gave in and have been taking about 40- 60mg of oxycodone. I don't know why I keep putting myself through this. It's not like I have them whenever I need them. I feel so defeated. I know I have to try again but this time I have no time to take off of work. Anyone work through withdrawals? Please someone give me some advice on how to quit and still make it to work. I AM SO DEPRESSED!! I can't believe I put myself in this position. No one close to me knows what I am going through. I have kept this a secret from everyone. Please help!!

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Don't beat yourself up..
    You have 2 choices
    1. You can continue to beat yourself up and use that as an excuse to keep using!
    Or
    2. Use this experience to accept how cunning and powerful this disease is ..and stay clean
    That is what we do we don't deal well with pain ,anxiety especially during the fragile time of withdrawals.
    You came back and you were honest..
    Be proud of yourself !
    Don't only get mad get Even!
    Get clean! Stay clean and move on!
    Take care you can do this!
    Iluv2
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-14-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Hey there . There's no reason to get disappointed with yourself. You are not the first and won't be the last. There's no "easy way". If there was everyone could do it. As I said the depression is the worst part. It will draw you back in. The physical part lasts a few days, normally flu like symptoms for 6-7 days. Go find a meeting. As cliche as it sounds, you need to talk to feel better. Tell someone in your circle that you trust. Once you tell the people closest to you you will relieve some of the guilt that's adding to your anxiety and stress. Good luck. Anything worth having is worth fighting for. You can do it
    Iluv2smile likes this.

As far as work goes,yes I've worked during withdrawal. It sucks, but can be done. Just focus on the now. Keep saying almost done,almost there. Then I can go home, have a hot tea, a hot shower and go to bed. Worry about tomorrow tomorrow. Just get through today. If you're thinking ahead, you'll find it harder to make it through"the now".
    Alex5151 likes this.

Thank you! Thank you so much. Just hearing that you made it through work gives me hope that I can do it to. I am looking up meetings I can attend too.

readytoquit28 is offline Junior Member

I feel your pain I'm almost done with day 7 and my symptoms got worse today than any one of the days 1-6 it's discouraging to know that u almost site yourself out by saying hey this wasn't too bad..to make it worse I had surgery 12 days ago which means I'm also in pain..I had 4 screws removed from my knee and only have (at the most) 9 more days til I go back to work...I work on my feet and don't know exactly how well that will go but I'm maintaining! I won't give up no matter what but damn it's hard and I hope it don't get worse instead of better (because so far that's what's happened) any advice since I can't exercise?

This is my 4th time quitting this addiction that is ruining my life! I really feel like I am going to make it this time. My 1st attempt I made it 30 days clean and my mistake was not removing the people who got it for me from my life. I kept getting asked if I wanted any and after a few times saying No Thanks, I gave in and said Yes. Worst decision ever. My 2nd attempt I made it 6 days and couldn't handle not sleeping and the pain in my body was too much. My 3rd attempt I made it 11 days and again did not disconnect with my long time friend who gets them for me. I gave up once again. TODAY is 4 days free from those demon pills that have almost ruined my life. Well I am done giving up and this time I came up with a solid plan. I have made up my mind to remove the people in my life that are enabling me with this drug. They are not friends if they can't respect my decision to not take pills. I love my family and I don't want to lose what I have going for me. I have a lot to be thankful for and they are worth living a sober life for. I have not made it to the gym yet but I will get there. The withdrawals weren't too bad this time and with the help of gabapentin I was able to make it through work. I am weaning off of those now and will only utilize them for sleep. I am prepared to feel mild withdrawals once I totally stop the gabapentin. I will be strong! I will not quit! I CAN DO THIS!!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Readytoquit28 I hope you are doing well!

I have made it to day 7. One week under my belt. Of course I am not sleeping well and my stomach is still upset. Not too much energy either. I will take it hour by hour if I have to. My goal is to get to the gym and get moving after a hot soak in Epsom salt. Stay strong everyone.
    Iwantoff2013 and Efil Pleh like this.

Feel it 66 is offline New Member

That's great! Keep it up, this is my first time posting on this site, today is 11th day clean from a nasty oxy habit, I feel a little better each day and I ordered Elimidrol and it seams to help, I have a very physical job especially this time of year and I'm going back to work Monday after two weeks off, I don't know how I'm going to feel
    but I'll find out I guess, good luck to you.
    Efil Pleh and Alex5151 like this.

@ Feel it 66, how was your first day back at work?

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there Wishing
    I am so glad you disconnected that is just to darn hard to keep those connections.
    This disease of addiction is so cunning, baffling and powerful
    It can be so strong especially if we are feeling awful
    I am happy you are doing it ..
    Have you checked out the Thomas Receipe on here even though you are through the acute part?

I cannot tell you how many times I have relapsed because of the depression..
    I now know it is temporary !
    It is our brain learning to fire and function again without opiates..
    Thank God we can still feel all those different feelings after such a long time on opiates
    Life would be boring just feeling one way 24/7

Variety is nice...right?
    The supplements on the recipe can help us repair some of the damage and hurry it along ..
    Minus the benzo s I think it may help...
    At the least staying hydrated will help every little cell return to its optimum function faster..
    So congrats ..
    iluv2

Today is day 8 and I'm feeling the best I have felt through all of this. I slept 6 hours and am thankful. I'm not sure why I posted earlier it was a week. Wishful thinking I guess. You're so right Iluv2smile I really need to drink more water. I have not been drinking enough. One day at a time.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Today on day 9 I felt horrible. I couldn't sleep last night. I got maybe 2 hours before it was time to wake up for work. Physically I am doing well. Mentally not so well. Today I woke up with the worst depression and feeling hopeless. I wish I were stronger emotionally. I feel like I don't want to live this life anymore.

Shawnamama is offline Junior Member

Hi wishing!

Have you tried anything at all for the sleep? Can you go to the doctor and have them give you something? My dr has given me trazadone, or gabapentin. I personally like the Gabapentin but I don't take it that often. I take a benzo when needed but You can get addicted to those as well, thankfully that's not my d.o.c so I won't get addicted to those. Maybe you can try taking melatonin (for sleep) or 5htp. The 5htp is suppose to help with anxiety and sleep and depression. Google it I purchased it but haven't tried it yet. Also, the doc gave me clonidine for the RLS. I will start that tomorrow but it has really great reviews online from people like ourselves. I hate the RLS part.
    The first time I went cold turkey from Percs I detoxed for a week then got on welbutrin. Even though I relapsed after 3 months the Welbutrin really helped me. I thought I was going to die of depression but soon after starting saw a tiny light.. Also helped with energy the first couple of weeks.

When I detox I like to take a sleeping aid then jump into a hot epson salt bath and get my room all chilly so when I get all dried and dressed I jump into my bed and it's all warm. Something about that really relaxes me... I also find orgasams to be real relaxing...

Hang in there because you have gotten this far and you're never going to regain your energy if you keep relapsing you can do this! I wish you the best of luck!!
    Alex5151 likes this.

RecoveringCatholic is offline New Member

Don't try this alone!!! You need to tell people what is going on with you, don't worry about how YOU think they are going to view you. I would recommend going to a meeting and talking to people about how you feel. I guarantee that you will find out that you are most certainly not alone. I have been clean for over 2 1/2 years now and they have been the most peaceful years of my life. The self-imposed hell that I put myself through is now a way for me to help others. It will get better, but I'm going to tell you what I was told, you don't ever have to use again!!! It sounds so simple, but when someone told me that, it almost blew my mind! I never thought that I could go one day without popping pills, or lying to get pills, or committing crimes to get pills, let alone 2 1/2 years!!! You can do this!!!!!
    Efil Pleh and Iwantoff2013 like this.

Cleanandsober2016 is offline New Member

Don't attempt to go thru that alone !!!!!! It's very possible but it's HARD ! I was addicted to First loratab 10s for about a year then moved up to Percocet 10s because the loratabs weren't working and I was addicted to those for almost a year & now I'm on my 6th day clean ! It might not sound like much but it means a lot to me !!!!! But one thing forsure if my boyfriend wasn't here with me thru these past almost 7 days I would have called a dealer and made it all go away so fast !!!! You stopped once with his help , try to remember how good it felt for your whole day to revolve around drugs n the money & arguments you save lol all I'm saying is you did it once so you definantly can do it again ! Just be honest with him & let him know you messed up! Addiction is a disease , that hurts very badly ! Even more when you don't have anyone there by your side telling you , it's okay , and your gonna get thru this !! But I know one thing forsure the first 3 days were HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the MAIN reasons why I promise to never go back down that road !!!! Good luck with everything

Cleanandsober2016 is offline New Member

Default Opiate withdraw

[QUOTE=Cleanandsober2016;495964]Don't attempt to go thru that alone !!!!!! It's very possible but it's HARD ! I was addicted to First loratab 10s for about a year then moved up to Percocet 10s because the loratabs weren't working and I was addicted to those for almost a year & now I'm on my 6th day clean ! It might not sound like much but it means a lot to me !!!!! But one thing forsure if my boyfriend wasn't here with me thru these past almost 7 days I would have called a dealer and made it all go away so fast !!!! You stopped once with his help , try to remember how good it felt for your whole day to revolve around drugs n the money & arguments you save lol all I'm saying is you did it once so you definantly can do it again ! Just be honest with him & let him know you messed up! Addiction is a disease , that hurts very badly ! Even more when you don't have anyone there by your side telling you , it's okay , and your gonna get thru this !! But I know one thing forsure the first 3 days were HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the MAIN reasons why I promise to never go back down that road! But I hope everything ends well & you find the courage to tell your other about your problem , and he again helps you get thru it & which you will

jeaninemac5 is offline New Member

Default Don't quit

As I am writing this the tears won't stop flowing. I feel like such a failure. I made it 11 days sober and the anxiety and sleep deprivation were too much to bare. I gave in and have been taking about 40- 60mg of oxycodone. I don't know why I keep putting myself through this. It's not like I have them whenever I need them. I feel so defeated. I know I have to try again but this time I have no time to take off of work. Anyone work through withdrawals? Please someone give me some advice on how to quit and still make it to work. I AM SO DEPRESSED!! I can't believe I put myself in this position. No one close to me knows what I am going through. I have kept this a secret from everyone. Please help!!
    It takes a while to rid yourself of this addiction. I haven't been doing as many as you have but enough to add up to $50 - $60 a day. My husband and sons have no idea. My daughter is in on it with me. Since I'm tired of the sneaking around and cheating and lying about the account balance I stopped. I was ashamed of myself. It just wasn't like me. You are not alone. My daughter and I are on the 6th day without opiates. It's a great feeling. I do use ambien at night to help me sleep. Each day gets better. Don't beat yourself over one downfall. that's what makes us human. You seem upset enough to where you'll do this. After 3 days it gets so much better! Trust me. If you want you can taper but I went cold turkey. I'm praying for you. Dry the tears and rejoice that this is the first day to freedom!
    ChipperNoMore likes this.

Scorpio1986 is offline New Member

I know this post was made in October, but I hope you're doing well. I'm having a similar problem only mine is now coming off of suboxone. Originally, I was taking pervs, vic, whatever I could get my hands on. Then I had enough and started subs. Been on that since April. Finally, I decided to come off of them. However, the withdrawals is bar far the worst I've ever experienced. I'm on day 6 and my anxiety is through the roof, getting between 2 to 3 hours of sleep at night, rls etc. Today my doctor gave me kolonapin ( not my doc), but helps with some of the anxiety. I am also looking into clonodine to help with my heart rate. But it frustrates me that it's day six and I still feel terrible. But one thing keeping can say is that everything I am feeling now will keep me from using sub ox ones or anything else ever again! Push through, don't do this alone.. You can do it. Let this me a reminder of what you don't want to go through. One day at a time.

Nbbpms is offline New Member

The very first time I went threw wd I had a up to 300 mg a day opiate addiction that lasted 4 years. I quit cold turkey and the wd took a month I am not kidding although it got better after the second week I still had symptoms for the entire month. It was so bad there were times I prayed to die but I hung on for dear life the best way I could I went into rehab after my first 3 days of detox. The rehab helped me threw it I didnt sleep for a good 3 weeks. I recently got back on opiates for 6 months but never went to the higher doses because i was terrified to go threw another wd like the first one. I took 1/ 10mg oxys 4 times a day. I got with a doctor that helped me cut down to 7.5 norcos 3 times a day. Then I went cold turkey. I read something online where this couple took certain mixture of medications and they said the wd was painless. So I asked my doctor for these and here is the names of the meds: Trazadone-Ambien-Pamelor-Clonidine-Hydroxyzine. After tons of research I started taking a lot of these vitamins: 5HTP-Omega 3-Vitamin D and a multivitamin. My wd were so much better than last time I slept threw the night I had an appetite which makes you heal faster sleep and food and gatorade will help it go faster. If your doctor will prescribe you xanax or klonipin that will work to but the clonidine sayed me they are non narcotic high blood pressure pills but they felt like high mg xanax they helped me sleep and not go threw the torment of rl and anxiety. But I was a zombie the first 5 days. Now im at day 8 and I feel so much better im still weak but i'm forcing myself to exercise to get my strength back. Good luck if I can do it so can you the pain does end after what I wemt thew the first time I didnt take a pill for 4 years. Life happened I wanted a crutch bad idea so here I am again. I have chronic pain conditions about 3 of them but if I take care of myself do yoga meditate and exercise I can manage my pain ive done it before and so can you. For everyone its different make this new year your year to get better i'm 46 its never to late to make a change.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-03-2017 at 10:19 AM.

wishmastermaker is offline New Member

Smile

hi im exactly the same im on my 5th day withdrawal, i dont feel the need to take opiates anymore, the only thing i am finding hard is the insomnia, the aches and twiching ect, i never slept for the full 5 days, and dont expect to on the 6th or 7th for what iv been reading, but i will stick at it, my withdrawal is from tramadol and codeine phosphate, id take 8 to 10 codiene on a certain time on the morning and 2 codeine with 6 to 8 tramadol at a certain time on a night and this was for 6 to 7yrs, if i never took the opiate at a certain time id start withdrawing it was a nightmare, i only started taking these meds because my best mate discovered it and told me about how great they were for the buzz, then i was curious, anyways my wife has a bad back for yrs so i told her to get some, so she did, and they gave her tramadol, then i went and lied that i had a bad back from work so they gave me codeine, but i was naive at the time, i didnt know the dangers or the consequences, long story short, my best mate is now homeless as his wife couldnt take it any longer, he has nothing left, no job nothing, my advise to you is to talk to your doctor and ask for a longer sick note, but ask the doctor to use the words depression, rls, anxiety issues ect, i no people at my work and the have 1 2 3 months sick, if your full time and not temporary, your in your rights, if your not fit for work then you cant work, but hang in there dont go backwards it will not be worth it, you dont need me to tell you, 11 days is an achievement you want to be proud of, well done
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-07-2017 at 12:13 AM.

wishmastermaker is offline New Member

Smile

it ruined my best mates life, he only sees his kids on a weekend, and it nearly happened to me, you will do this, like im doing this
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-07-2017 at 12:25 AM.

Elguapo1999 is offline New Member

Hey wishmastermaker. How is it going? I'm on day 5 and actually feeling much better than I thought. How are you doing since July? Wishing you the best.

Elguapo1999 is offline New Member

Default How are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by wishmastermaker View Post
    it ruined my best mates life, he only sees his kids on a weekend, and it nearly happened to me, you will do this, like im doing this
    Hey wishmastermaker. How is it going? I'm on day 5 and actually feeling much better than I thought. How are you doing since July? Wishing you the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast