Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree83Likes
Day 6 oxy withdrawal question?
    OKC-26 is offline Member

Laughing at beef also since he just posted he had his first day without sneezing haha. The sneezing never bothered me, I have terrible allergys so I’ve been sneezing 24/7 as long as I can remember!

Right about where you are now BB I think I finally got a full 8 hours of sleep one day. I didn’t sleep great from that point on but it made me feel good that things were starting to move in the right direction, small victorys. Like beef said, if you can’t sleep just find something to occupy yourself. Melatonin really seemed to help me get to sleep. The getting out of bed for the bathroom constantly is annoying, especially when you finally do fall asleep. But the hydration is important and also the flushing ourselves of all the junk. I still drink a lot of water today, I feel better when I do. The cravings are tough in the beginning and they start fading away slowly after a couple of months. It still crosses my mind a couple of times a week and I’m over 2 months clean but they quickly go away when I tell myself how dumb that would be to continue to think about it and how far I’ve come. When it crosses your mind just find something to do to forget about it. Showering always worked good for me and would help me relax even if that meant taking my 6th shower of the day at midnight.

Again, you’re doing awesome. The good days will start to become more common and you will have less bad days. You will probably have some more mentally tough days but you seem very detirmened and strong so you WILL get through this! Don’t get discouraged when those days do come because it does get better! Make today a good day and we can worry about tomorrow tomorrow!

BBHappy is offline Junior Member

Thanks OKC. Nice to hear advice anytime.
    Trying to distract myself when I have cravings. Easier said then done.
    Craziest thing is that I was seriously hoping I would have gotten more severe symptoms so that it would remind me to never go back.
    But just the feeling of not worrying about counting pills and praying I don’t run out, makes me free and proud to be clean.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Day 12!!!!
    Feeling good today. Not much anxiety this morning. Energy seems to be going up. Really starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Beefaroni7272, OKC-26 and ForMe30 like this.

My eyes are really blurry today. Just wondering why? Is it because I stopped taking my pills?

This might sound silly. But I was just wondering why I would get random symptoms like runny nose, blurred vision or chills on day 12 since I didn’t really have any of these w/d symptoms on days 1-4. Just curious. It really can’t be that delayed can it?
    And if my brain is healing itself and getting better everyday....I guess I just don’t understand. It’s my first and last time off the pills. Just trying to inform myself better.
    Thanks.
    Catrina and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBHappy View Post
    This might sound silly. But I was just wondering why I would get random symptoms like runny nose, blurred vision or chills on day 12 since I didn’t really have any of these w/d symptoms on days 1-4. Just curious. It really can’t be that delayed can it?
    And if my brain is healing itself and getting better everyday....I guess I just don’t understand. It’s my first and last time off the pills. Just trying to inform myself better.
    Thanks.
    Being on pain medication long term messes with just about everything. They change our brain chemistry, they cause our brains to develop new receptors, and just messes us up physically as well. Our endocrine system is affected and that's a biggie. For a while you'll notice odd symptoms as these things begin to return to where they should be. Your vision, the sneezing, sleep patterns, etc are reacting to the lack of opiates in your system and beginning to work the way they should and need to work. The most uncomfortable symptoms should be passed by now for you but will remain for a bit longer are these annoying things that you listed. One by one they'll disappear or improve. Just your body returning to functioning on its own exactly the way it should. Have you ever noticed that you probably didn't sneeze much, if at all, when you were using? That's true for most of us.

You truly are doing great and we're all proud of you!

Peace,

Cat

Thanks Cat. Now that you mention it, your right, I don’t remember sneezing. Lol

Good to know about the other symptoms. Especially the blurred vision. Thought I might need to go get glasses. Lol

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

2 things that got me about 2 months down the road were coughing and getting sick. May want to look into some immune system boosters. I took airborne. Last 6 months I've gotten the flu and probably 3-4 brutal colds. The whole time I was using I got sick maybe once every 2 years or so. It was very eye opening. Just like Cat said, it really messes with your body.

Thanks Beef for the advice. Will definitely do that.
    Today has been good. Day 13!!!!
    Eyes aren’t as blurry today. Still up and down with energy. But the anxiousness is almost gone. A little restless trying to fall asleep last night. But I still got 6 hours. Not complaining though.

2 weeks clean!!!!
    So proud. Must say it’s still difficult to wake up and not reach for my pills. Takes a while to get my energy and motivation to start the day. Hope this feeling will pass.
    Lvg nghtmare and OKC-26 like this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hey Happy...
    Your doing amazing we are all Proud of you... It's possible you just have to want it... Keep up the good work....

*don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel You are the light*

Day 15!!!
    Good day today. Got 6 hours sleep....straight. Better energy levels. Things are looking up!!!
    Thank you all for your help.
    Beefaroni7272 and OKC-26 like this.

Day 16. Nothing new to report. Very average. Guess I will have some of these days. Bound to happen. Gotta keep going..... vision gets blurry every few days though.
    ForMe30 and Beefaroni7272 like this.

froggy_069 is offline Member

Day 16. Nothing new to report. Very average. Guess I will have some of these days. Bound to happen. Gotta keep going..... vision gets blurry every few days though.
    16 days! Feels good, right?! Awesome job!

~ Froggy

Thanks Froggy. Can’t believe it took me so long to quit. What a shame.
    No looking back now....

Hey BB you're doing awesome!! Keep doing what you're doing. You're gonna have those days that are just blah, and you feel like you're just going through the motions. Just know it's all part of the process. Hang on to those good days. Stay active, stay hydrated. Pretty soon the bad days will be gone and you'll just be living your life.

Keep up the good work my friend!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Day 17. Much better today. Woke up this morning with no grogginess. I am have sneezing attacks. That’s life. lol
    I’ll take this any day.

Day 18. It’s a good day!!!
    Some minor allergies. To be expected.
    Otherwise, staying on the move definitely helps.
    Good day

DangerToMyself is offline New Member

Really happy to read your story BBHappy you give me streght to continue my journey keep it going buddy you are helping me a lot
    ForMe30 likes this.

How we feeling today BB?

Sorry for not posting sooner. Been busy with life. All is good on my end. Only some occasional sneezing and blurred vision. Otherwise I feel great. No cravings. Definitely feels great to not have to look at the clock and wait for my next dose.

Have a good day.

It’s been a while. Starting to lose track of how many days I’ve been clean. Feel like I’m out of the woods...finally.
    There are times where I’m feeling bored and don’t know what to do with myself. Not necessarily cravings. Just a lethargic feeling. Think I’ve been clean for about 4 weeks now.
    I do miss the happy feelings in life. Although I’m not really depressed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123