Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By heymj
Day 7, Take 2 Hydrocodone withdrawal
    heymj is offline Junior Member

Default Day 7, Take 2 Hydrocodone withdrawal

The last week has been absolute misery, but today I celebrate an entire week of hardwon sobriety. I started taking hydros for widespread pain from lupus. It wasn't my idea but I was using so much ibuprofen, the doc thought this would be a better solution. That was three years ago. At first, I took them just as prescribed, but then I started noticing how good I felt on them. I started taking more and more, chasing after that feel good place which in the end was long gone. By the time I quit the first time, they weren't even helping with pain. I tried to quit, lasted a month but the pain, depression and lethargy caught up with me and I went back.

Of course, it was all the same as the first time, so I decided to give it another go. This time I've looked for alternative pain treatments (non narcotic) and so far they seem to be helping. The RLS and anxiety have been the worst. I recently discovered 5-htp, biotin and magnesium. This combination has been amazing for me. I also use Klonipin, CBD oil, and warm baths with Epsom salts. Also some pot though I don't like the feeling of being stoned. Anyway, that's the deal. Any support or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Well made it to day 10!!! Things are finally starting to turn for the better. Runs, RLS and insomnia are gone, as is depression/anxiety. I actually got to sleep without having to take Valium last night. I'm still pretty low energy, but that is getting better as time passes as well. Glad to finally be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

Good job! Your doc was right, too much ibuprofen is not good. But as you found out, the opiate has it's down side too, basically they quit working to kill the pain and you end up just taking them to avoid withdrawal. Glad you are finding other ways to deal with your Lupus symptoms.

Thanks, yeah weirdly enough I'm in less pain now then I was when I was on it. Go figure😳
    Thisweekforsure likes this.