Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
Day11 Sub Taper Need Support!!!
    PregnantMom1977 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hello PM -

You're Always Welcome!

The rest of your sub taper might look like this figuring you'll spend 4 days on each dose...

.75mg.... currently and maybe another day on this dose = .75mg, then down to....
    .5mg x 4 days = 2mg...
    .375mg x 4 days = 1.5mg...
    .25mg x 4 days = 1mg...

So that's a total of = 5.25mg. (Again depending on 4 days on each dose)

For the day skipping you'll need....

1mg for that. So your total amount of sub required will be 6.25mg. You have just enough to finish and a little bit over if you do need a "rescue" dose at some point, or if you take an extra day on any dose. You said you "think" you have 7mg left? Hopefully you have that or a bit more?

When we want it bad enough it will happen!

Randy
    Hi Randy. I just recounted and I have 7.25mg. left. I did have more but a few days ago I thought I threw my empty sub foil away but the next day I noticed I ended up throwing the one that had leftover subs in it away and the garbage man already came. So instead of stressing I thought that would help push me towards the end. I REALLY need to be finished by the end of this month Thank you for keeping up with me! I do have a question though. When you tapered did you dose once a day or twice a day? If twice a day did you find it hard to go to once a day? Thanks and God Bless!
    XoXo PM

Default 1st Day of New Drop!

Good Morning all! I have been up since 2:00 AM but I went to bed at 10:00 so that was 4 hours of sleep for me! I felt pretty good yesterday overall.
    So today is the first day of my new drop. My anxiety level over this new drop is crazy! It is ALL I thought about yesterday. Being on partial bed rest does not help mind much either. So this is my plan. Instead of dropping to .5 today I thought I would do .625mg. and then the next day go to .5mg. Even if it doesn't really make a difference I thought it might help me mentally or make for a slightly softer landing? As I told Randy I only have 7.25 mg. left so I can't stall I just want to be more mentally prepared.
    I HAVE NO IDEA why it has been harder for me to prepare to drop again. Maybe because all the other drops have never ended up being as difficult as I was picturing them to be so I am thinking I will hit a rough one eventually? I will need all the support I can get the next few days so advice is always welcome! Again I am going through this alone and no one knows what is going on except me so you guys have been a blessing that I can get on here and just vent.
    One more question. I am still planning on double dosing today and tomorrow and then day 3 try once a day. I usually do it around 8:00AM and 7:00PM (give or take an hour). Do you think when I try once a day I should try to move it later in the day? Like around Noon? I have seen people say that a dose later in the evening keeps them up but it seems to help me sleep a little better. Also I have read a lot about SleepyTime tea on here. Where can I find that at?
    Thanks all and God Bless! I will update later!
    XoXo PM

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PregnantMom1977 View Post
    Hi Randy. I just recounted and I have 7.25mg. left. I did have more but a few days ago I thought I threw my empty sub foil away but the next day I noticed I ended up throwing the one that had leftover subs in it away and the garbage man already came. So instead of stressing I thought that would help push me towards the end. I REALLY need to be finished by the end of this month Thank you for keeping up with me! I do have a question though. When you tapered did you dose once a day or twice a day? If twice a day did you find it hard to go to once a day? Thanks and God Bless!
    XoXo PM

Hello PM -

That's great you have 7.25mg of sub left. That should be plenty to complete the taper. To answer your question, I split my dose when I was over 1mg per day. Once I was under 1mg I dosed just once a day. And I always recommend everyone on subs do that. It's perfectly ok to split the dose, but as we get lower in dose we really should be taking the sub only once a day. That helps us to mentally prepare to be finished with the subs. Was it difficult for me to go from twice a day to once....No, it really wasn't hard at all for me. I REALLY wanted to be clean and I made my mind up that NOTHING was going to stop me from achieving that goal. When I made that decision it took the pressure off.

I see you're thinking of reducing from .75mg to .62 mg instead of going to .5mg? That's great thinking on your part and could really help lessen any symptoms. The slower you go the better so long as you don't become complacent. If you have enough subs, or could get another 8mg I would be on board with that move. Use your own judgement on that one.

Being anxious is all part of this process. And this a process and not an event. One of the reasons you may be anxious is probably the same reason I was too when I was about ready to make my final jump. You know you'll very soon be completey off the subs and taking nothing in the way of addicitve substances. And that can be a scary thought. It was for me. As addicts we were always taking something. The title of my thread says it all....I had tapered down and had no problems doing that, but I was scared to jump. Talk about anxiety. My head kept messing with me. Might be the same for you? Try to mentally preapre yourself for your final jump now by thinking less about it until the actual time comes. That could help. Just comcentrate on each dose reduction for now.

You really are doing great!

Randy
    Rachelle1stbb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hello PM -

That's great you have 7.25mg of sub left. That should be plenty to complete the taper. To answer your question, I split my dose when I was over 1mg per day. Once I was under 1mg I dosed just once a day. And I always recommend everyone on subs do that. It's perfectly ok to split the dose, but as we get lower in dose we really should be taking the sub only once a day. That helps us to mentally prepare to be finished with the subs. Was it difficult for me to go from twice a day to once....No, it really wasn't hard at all for me. I REALLY wanted to be clean and I made my mind up that NOTHING was going to stop me from achieving that goal. When I made that decision it took the pressure off.

I see you're thinking of reducing from .75mg to .62 mg instead of going to .5mg? That's great thinking on your part and could really help lessen any symptoms. The slower you go the better so long as you don't become complacent. If you have enough subs, or could get another 8mg I would be on board with that move. Use your own judgement on that one.

Being anxious is all part of this process. And this a process and not an event. One of the reasons you may be anxious is probably the same reason I was too when I was about ready to make my final jump. You know you'll very soon be completey off the subs and taking nothing in the way of addicitve substances. And that can be a scary thought. It was for me. As addicts we were always taking something. The title of my thread says it all....I had tapered down and had no problems doing that, but I was scared to jump. Talk about anxiety. My head kept messing with me. Might be the same for you? Try to mentally preapre yourself for your final jump now by thinking less about it until the actual time comes. That could help. Just comcentrate on each dose reduction for now.

You really are doing great!

Randy
    Thank you Randy. What I meant was I was just going to do the .625mg today and start the .5mg. tomorrow that way it might help dropping to .5mg just a little bit easier. So tomorrow I am doing .5mg and as long as the wd aren't too bad I will stay there. I just get worried that they will get too bad and I will end up caving and taking more subs. I will update later. Take care!
    XoXo PM

So today will be my first day of .5mg. I have a couple of questions for anyone who has any experience. All I have left is around 7mg of subs and they are cut in different shapes due to the taper. It is useless for me to use tweezers at this point. Anyways, some of my .5mg are larger then other ones. Will this make a difference in my day to day wd? Up until this point I think I measured everything right but I know even a .1mg can make a difference. Any thoughts?

I REALLY HATE THESE LITTLE ORANGE STRIPS THAT CONTROL MY LIFE!!!!!! Every morning my day starts with me waking up, completely anxious, dividing them up in secret and then worrying over what I am going to feel that day! I don't know if I hate them or myself the most for allowing myself to be in this position! Being on bed rest doesn't help plus in my home we are going through some of the worse stress and circumstances that I have been through in my 15 years of being married. I literally do not know if we will have a roof over our head in a month. I can't work and I can't think of a more stressful time to get off of this stuff! SORRY, looks like Im venting today! So maybe you might want to stop reading now! LoL You know what the sad part is? I DID NOT EVEN KNOW UNTIL ABOUT A MONTH AGO a baby could be born addicted to subs! I just figured toward the end I would taper off and be done with it until my husband was watching something on tv that was talking about addiction in pregnant women. So I literally started tapering the day after I had to quit working. My children are my world and Ive spent yearsss trying to protect them and shield them from being effected by all of the hard core addicts that surrounded us and now I have become one of those people that I tried to protect them from. I might have still been able to function and be the soccer mom to my 2 sons and 2 nephews that I needed to be but here I am dependent on these orange little strips that I hate but yet am afraid to stop. Everyday drags by, even the good ones! I never should have gotten on subs but I had no clue they were as strong as they are or anything about half lives until I started reading all of these forums and horror stories. I was only taking(which is still alot) between 6-9 10mg of hydros a day at the height of my addiction and then a friend of a friend gave me a sub and said these will help with the wd. They were taking 16mg a day so I thought at the time 1-2mg wasnt much at all. Could of, Should of ,Would of will not help me now though. Maybe it is the taper, my everyday stress, being pregnant but I am sooooo overwhelmed today and can do nothing about it. I think I am too old to run away from home but if it were an option I might do it today. LoL Sorry for the rant. Hope I will feel better later.
    XoXo PM

Starting 2nd day of .5mg. I had a really rough night with the RLS. Or actually it was my whole body but mainly my legs. I couldn't sit still at all. Feeling like my skin qas crawling. I ended up getting 1.5 hours of sleep. I tried melatonin, tylenol, and ben., a hot bath at 2 in the morning but nothing helped. The temptation to just grab another little piece so I can feel better has suprised me.The wd that have shown up during this whole taper have been weird. How long does it take for your body to get used to a taper? Day 3 or 4? Any suggestions or advice is welcome. Still have the achey legs arms and RLS through whole body! I will update later if anyone is following this.
    XoXo PM
    Catrina and Rachelle1stbb like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Starting 2nd day of .5mg. I had a really rough night with the RLS. Or actually it was my whole body but mainly my legs. I couldn't sit still at all. Feeling like my skin qas crawling. I ended up getting 1.5 hours of sleep. I tried melatonin, tylenol, and ben., a hot bath at 2 in the morning but nothing helped. The temptation to just grab another little piece so I can feel better has suprised me.The wd that have shown up during this whole taper have been weird. How long does it take for your body to get used to a taper? Day 3 or 4? Any suggestions or advice is welcome. Still have the achey legs arms and RLS through whole body! I will update later if anyone is following this.
    XoXo PM
    Yikes! Sorry you're having a tough time. Your quick taper has a lot to do with it but it is what it is. Hopefully you'll level out at this dose in a couple of days. I know that the clock is ticking and you don't have much sub left so sometimes we can just to best that we can do. Having to be home and on bed rest certainly isn't helping much. You're doing all you can do, I'm afraid. Hot baths, etc. Have you tried the Hylands Restless Legs supplement? If not, it would be worth a try.

Take care. I know it doesn't feel like it, but you are doing extraordinarily well considering how quickly you have tapered.

Peace,

Cat

Rachelle1stbb is offline Member

Hi PM,
    I wanted to see how you were doing and it looks like you're powering through which is great. I know how you're feeling because I went through my rough days during the taper too. I had nights like you described, no sleep and all the lovely symptoms you have! I can tell you that they WILL level out and become almost non existent. When we do a taper it's always a little bit of a shock to our system and that's why we experience those annoying symptoms, your body will adjust but if you need an extra day take it cause it can make all the difference. The Restful legs tabs really helped me and not just for my legs but my arms and rest of my body too. I took 3 at a time and it would help for a good 4hrs. Take sleep as it comes, if you can nap a bit throughout the day then do so because the no sleep will wear on you. You're going to feel better and get through this! I'll be 20 days without subs tomorrow and I didn't think I'd get there but I did and so can you. Stay strong and fight that craving to give into more I know I fought those cravings too but they will become less and less. You're almost there and you will look back and see this was all WORTH IT!

Thank you Cat and Rachelle for the support!!!!!!!
    I wasn't going to post today because I am disappointed in myself I caved and took the rescue dose of around .125. It could of been a little more. It is hard to tell with pieces that small. I feel like I started over again and hope I didn't set myself back too far. I am thinking it was probably closer to .2mg because I didn't use a razor. I am going to go back to .5mg today and take my dose later in the day then usual. I usually take it around 8:00AM but I am not having any symptoms si I will wait until around noon. I have been wanting to do that anyway to see if it would help me sleep at night.
    WILL I HAVE TO START AT DAY 1 OF .5MG AGAIN OR CAN I JUST STAY HERE FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS? I wish I would have just stuck it out. I didn't actually even feel anything it just stopped the rls so I could sleep a little. I did get around 5 hours of sleep last night so maybe it will help me recharge a little and give me a better mindset. I wish I had someone to share this with and hold the subs for me so when I felt tempted there could be someone to help talk me through it.
    I have been really depressed the last couple of days. I am assuming the taper has something to do with it? I mean things are sooooo stressful here but it is more of a depressed about myself. I know I have been whiny the last couple of days and I apologize. This is all new to me and honesty I thought I would be almost finished by now. At least I don't have that much sub left so regardless I know I will be finished soon!
    O.k. Back to my old mindset. I WILL GET THROUGH THIS! It is for MY BABY first and me second. ONE slip up will not sabotage my progress or mindset!
    I will post later.
    XoXo PM

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Thank you Cat and Rachelle for the support!!!!!!!
    I wasn't going to post today because I am disappointed in myself I caved and took the rescue dose of around .125. It could of been a little more. It is hard to tell with pieces that small. I feel like I started over again and hope I didn't set myself back too far. I am thinking it was probably closer to .2mg because I didn't use a razor. I am going to go back to .5mg today and take my dose later in the day then usual. I usually take it around 8:00AM but I am not having any symptoms si I will wait until around noon. I have been wanting to do that anyway to see if it would help me sleep at night.
    WILL I HAVE TO START AT DAY 1 OF .5MG AGAIN OR CAN I JUST STAY HERE FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS? I wish I would have just stuck it out. I didn't actually even feel anything it just stopped the rls so I could sleep a little. I did get around 5 hours of sleep last night so maybe it will help me recharge a little and give me a better mindset. I wish I had someone to share this with and hold the subs for me so when I felt tempted there could be someone to help talk me through it.
    I have been really depressed the last couple of days. I am assuming the taper has something to do with it? I mean things are sooooo stressful here but it is more of a depressed about myself. I know I have been whiny the last couple of days and I apologize. This is all new to me and honesty I thought I would be almost finished by now. At least I don't have that much sub left so regardless I know I will be finished soon!
    O.k. Back to my old mindset. I WILL GET THROUGH THIS! It is for MY BABY first and me second. ONE slip up will not sabotage my progress or mindset!
    I will post later.
    XoXo PM

Hello PM -

Please take iit easy on yourself. Don't beat yourself up over taking that rescue dose, that's what it's there for. Just try not nto take another one. And dont over-think this stuff too much either. Wondering about the "what if's" can drive you crazy and will do absoloutely no good. You're doing just fine and everything is going as expected.

You don't have to "start over" at 5mg. Just make sure you're stable before reducing to .375mg. The goal is to keep you as stable as possible, with little or no wd symptoms to protect the baby. Reduce when you feel you're ready to reduce. Your body will always let you know when the time to reduce is right.

A little depression is normal. You're going through a lot right now. But it will ease up I promise. Once you're off the sub and see that sweet baby for the first time you'll know the world is right and you'll be so proud of yourself. I know I'm proud of you.

Continue to post, it really helps.

Randy
    Rachelle1stbb and NikkiLP like this.

Just a quick update. Really weird day and too shaky too respond to other posts right now I will later though. They all encourage me! I am fighting this beast today and I will win. Yesterday stayed at .5mg like planned and it was a good day besides being totally lethargic. I slept about 4.5 hours! This morning wake up with new symptoms never had before. Legs and whole body feels like jello, body and hands shaking on inside and out. Never had that before! It's miserable but manageable. Feels like I am not in my own body. Idk if that's normal or not! Riding in the car with my hubby RLS hit out of nowher I thought I was going to jump out of my skin. So I dosed and it has barely taking the edge off. I will go through this and not give in! God is my refuge even though I can't focus on anything I know He is taking care of me and it could be soooo much worse! I think I might have finally hit that wall people always talk about but I WILL go through it! It is so weird though, no sneezing or running eyes or the other symptoms that usually come first. I am really baffled how tapering hasn't been consistant with the usual wd process. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD AN EXPERIENCE LIKE MINE?
    I will update later!
    XoXo PM
    Rachelle1stbb and blakngoald like this.

Hey PM,
    Just checking in on you to see how you're doing with your taper. You're doing great, and like Randy said don't beat yourself up over the rescue dose it will not set you back. Just do your best to not take anymore if you can.. You're symptoms are not unusual, I also felt the jello like body and legs especially! The RLS is one of the most annoying symptoms and I felt it through my entire body, I had it come over me in the car too and it makes you want to jump out of your skin. I really didn't experience this too badly until I was completely off of the subs for a few days, if you haven't tried the restful legs tabs I suggest you do cause they helped me a lot. I had sneezing all the way through the taper and it's just now getting better but it doesn't bother me, never had the watering eyes like a lot of people get. Take your time on the .5mg and stay there until your symptoms become more manageable or go away completely as this will make your next reduction much more bearable. Keep updating and let us know how you're doing over the next few days. You got this!

MHPhoenix is offline New Member

Default Hey sweets

You're doing so well right now, and going through the not so fun parts means that your body is getting rid of the bad, so it's actually a total blessing that your body is responding to getting off of the sub. I absolutely can empathize with all your symptoms as I felt the same way yesterday. This is day 5 of me cutting from 1 to .5 mg, and I'm finally leveling off again, it gets better if you're on the right path and you absolutely are doll, all you have to do is bide your time, feeling ugh is never fun, but you are almost there love and you're making two lives better in the process which is amazing! xoxo

blakngoald is offline New Member

Default Just wanted to say

Hi all new member and another Sub user. I just wanted to say hi and tell you all what an inspiration you all are. Randy, Cat and Pregnantmom1977. Your doing amazing PregnantMom1977.
    Im also on a Sub detox and am .75mg so i'm right were you are. Im going to start my own thread to give the details later but you are doing such a great thing for you and your baby. I just wanted to applaud your willpower and commitment and tell you that we will get thru this.

And to you Cat and Randy you can always tell people that have been thru this kind of thing because of the caring and compassion you both show. I'll be checking in soon.
    NikkiLP likes this.

Thank you for your kind words and support RANDY, RACHELLE, MHPHEONIX, and BLAKNGOALD!!!! I am so thankful for the support that I get on here and people that understand the emotional roller coaster that I am on right now!

Ughh!!!! I can't believe it has cut my post off twice now! I will repost again!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-17-2017 at 09:10 AM. Reason: DELETED MOST OF MY POST

Default any vitamins that can help?

I just wanted to say hi and ask if some of you smart regulars here could help PM1977 amd myself with some vitamins or such that help with this stage of the detox taper. I know pregnantmom1977 has been mentioning restless legs and Ive heard that potassium and magnisium can help with that as well as espoms salt hot water baths.I don't have the RLS yet but I know ill get them as ive had them before. Ussually when ive dropped too fast on my taper. Im about ready to drop to .50 mg soon and ill be doing a single dose for the 1st time as late in the afternoon as i can. Perhaps 5 oclock. Im hoping this will help with the sleepless nights im having now. My symptoms have been pretty minor thank God so far with a bit of a runny nose and some bowel issues. I also heard that Imodium can help. I believe I shouldn't start taking that until i jump. Is that true? Thanks all for the guidance and support.
    God Bless

Day 2 of my taper to .375MG. Last night was challenging. I spent a few hours pacing back and forth. Sitting down 5 minutes standing up 5 minutes. I ended up falling asleep on the couch for about 2 1/2 hours. I feel like a zombie this morning. The only symptom yesterday was RLS basically through my whole body and some back pain.
    So I tried to post a few things yesterday and for some reason my posts kept vanishing. My Sister-in-Law and her husband came in yesterday and is staying with us for a little over a week. It sucks that I will be tapering really low while they are here and I have to try to act like everything is normal! Maybe she will be a distraction for me and if if I start feeling bad I can always blame it on stomach bug/cold!

****OK. I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO HAS EXPERIENCE WITH THIS. She saw me pacing up and down last night and I told her about the RLS and she said eat bananas and then came back down with a pill called gabapentin and said it would help. It was 300 mg. I remembered I had that prescribed for me a few years ago tried it once and didnt like the way it made me feel. Now I have a friend who is pregnant whose Doctor has prescribed her Lyrica through her whole pregnancy which is basically the same thing but stronger. I am familiar with these meds because when I was taking care of my Dad the last few years before he passed he was on quite a few different types of medication. So I took the capsule and pored out half of the dose and took the other. All I remember is laying on the couch an hour later and then my son came down and woke me up. I feel fine this morning with no rls just really tired from no sleep. Eyes are burning and so on. I tried to look up different websites about the gabapentin while wd and there are so many mixed reviews. Some people say it does jack >>>>, other people say it helped them, some people say it prolonged wd, and some people said it didnt prolong wd at all. Here is my question. She offered me 4 or 5 of hers and so I figured on really bad nights I could take a half or whole one to help sleep. Not every night I mean I dont have that many anyways. HAS ANYONE ELSE TRIED THESE AND DID THEY HELP OR HINDER YOUR WD? I also forgot to mention that other people that took them was taking insane amounts a day for their wds. Like anywhere from 1200mg to well over 3000mg a day.
    I am going to go ahead and post this to make sure it goes through today!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-18-2017 at 10:10 AM.

My post went through! O.k. back to my taper. Today will be day 2 of my taper down to .375mg. I will probably stay here for one more day then drop to .25mg on Monday. I was planning on dropping to .25mg in the beginning but since I knew we had company coming I figured that going to .375 first for a few days would make the .25mg a little easier. I am sooooo close to the end but I feel like it is milessssss away still. I have been waiting for these horrible WD to come through this whole taper and so far the worse symptom has only been RLS/ Creepy Crawly Skin/Little Stomach Problems/ and Anxiety/Depression. IS IT ALL GOING TO HIT ME AT ONE TIME? I woukd really appreciate any input on my questions on this post and the one before it!!!!

Also I was thinking that if I keep pushing my dose up an hour more each day that eventually it will help me sleep better at night. It seems like evenings are when my symtoms get worse.
    THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR EVERY COMMENT, KIND WORD, AND ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME. I READ, REREAD, AND REREAD AGAIN EVERYDAY EVERYONE OF YOUR POSTS TO HELP ME GET THROUGH THIS. ONLY THROUGH GODS HELP AND ALL OF YOUR HELPING ME THROUGH THIS HAS GOTTEN ME THIS FAR! I HAVE BEEN BLESSED!
    I will update later! God Bless!
    XoXo PM

Quote Originally Posted by blakngoald View Post
    I just wanted to say hi and ask if some of you smart regulars here could help PM1977 amd myself with some vitamins or such that help with this stage of the detox taper. I know pregnantmom1977 has been mentioning restless legs and Ive heard that potassium and magnisium can help with that as well as espoms salt hot water baths.I don't have the RLS yet but I know ill get them as ive had them before. Ussually when ive dropped too fast on my taper. Im about ready to drop to .50 mg soon and ill be doing a single dose for the 1st time as late in the afternoon as i can. Perhaps 5 oclock. Im hoping this will help with the sleepless nights im having now. My symptoms have been pretty minor thank God so far with a bit of a runny nose and some bowel issues. I also heard that Imodium can help. I believe I shouldn't start taking that until i jump. Is that true? Thanks all for the guidance and support.
    God Bless
    Hey Blakngoald! Thank you for your encouragement! How is your taper going and how long have you been on subs and hiw long have you been tapering? You are welcome to post on my thread as much as you like. Someone will come along and address your comments or questions. Everyone says weekends are slow. You have to remember too that most of the regulars on here have beat their addiction and are well on the other side of it so they are living their lives while we obsess over our taper/wd and most days drag by. I cant wait until I am on the other side of this!
    I noticed you said you have tapered before. How did it go before? You might want to start your own thread and give your story and you will probably get other peoples attention also. That is up too you though!
    Oh, one more thing about the vitamins. Since I am pregnant I am already on vitamins and I take extra B vitamins also. I dont know if they actually help or not but they cant hurt! I am going to buy the Hylands Restless Leg medicine that everyone keeps telling me about this weekend and hope it helps. Take Care!
    XoXo PM

Hi pm1977 Ive been on subs for 10 years give or take. Ive been on a low dosage at 2mg or less the whole time. I tried to taper 1 other time about 5 years ago. I had the pills then and was much more difficult to keep a consistant dosage. I got down to .25 a day and stayed there for awhile but i couldn't get the courage to jump. Ive realized that a lot of the process for me is the fear of the unknown. Your mind is the most important part of this journey if your strong and confident you'll get past it. Ive had the RLS and that was the worst for me because it would wake me every time I'd try and sleep as you know too well. Your doing so amazing its hard for me to try and keep up with you. Im going to be on my 1st single dose today and im making the drop to .50MG im going make sure to stabilize there maybe a week if im stable earlier ill go down to .375. Did you do a single dose yet. I hope it went well.

Last time I tried to get off sub I didnt have this website and others for advice and inspiration. Ive learned a lot since and have started collecting the vitamins and courage ill need to make the jump this time. Ive seen so many good results from this site that i know it can be done now. 5 years ago it was much less reported how to get off this crazy ride.

I'd love to see you slow down just a tad bit but understand the baby and lack of subs is a real concern for you. I think it would help the RLS if you could stay at dosage long enough to stablize . You have to do what you have to do so I just want you to know that I'm with you in this pain in the tail journey. Smile and keep the faith .It wont be all that much longer now. God Bless

Im just gonna give my history in a brief way to let PM1977 know about it.

To start off I had a bad wreck when I was 17 long long ago. I broke my ankle in a compound fracture along with my leg.
    It now causes me pain when i over do it due to the fact that the cartlidge in my ankle has worn away over the years.
    I got addicted on percocet and vics like most everyone does and it escelated to oxy. that was probably 15 years ago or close. I couldnt afford the habit anymore so i jumped to a methadone clinic for a short time. Probably not a great move in retrospect. They start you on a dosage that was way to high and I immediately started to taper from it. I got down to 15mg a day when i went to the subs. There again they start you on a way to high dosage for me like 16mg and i went down to 2 mg a day very fast. I think because i was on a low dose of methadone i couldve started at 2mg myself but.The doctors want to make sure you stable and not wanting any other drugs. I get that but I just wanted off all meds. If Methadone wasnt such a long lasting half life i probably couldve gotten away with a rabid sub detox. Anyhow 10 years later here we are . It was never a issue getting the subs from the doctor and I felt fine on them dues to the low dosage i was on anywhere from .50 to 1mg when they started me on the strips they didnt work as well for me so i went up to 2mg.

So now im down to the lowest ive been on the strips and i feel fine for the most part. My sleep has been pretty sorry only a few hours a night. At least the legs arent making me nutz yet. Thats my stroy and Im sticking to it and for the most part its accurate. I have a question for some of the others that know what to expect.
    Ive never been on a high dosage will that be helpful with the half life of the subs even though ive been on them so long?
    The thing i don't want is a long drawn out recovery period of months. also If the half life is so long why dont people stay on the skip stage for a longer time to clear the blood of the backlog of subs. Seems to me the longer you stay at say dose and skip 3 days the less subs in the blood to with drawl from? But youd be stable from the dose still. might make the jump that much easier. I can see where others are sick of the process at that point and are ready to get it done. I was just wondering if anyone has done that and the results? well this was longer then i intended but I hope i didn't bore anyone too bad. please forgive my spelling.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-18-2017 at 01:04 PM.

zebra1961 is offline Member

Default pregnantmom77

Dont get too worried about the side effects when you quit,it wont be much different than what you are experiencing now when you drop dosages. I would say no to the gabentine it will only prolong things and you do not need that.Since you have tapered it should shorten your withdrawals and lessen their intensity. I jumped at 6-8 mgs cold turkey dumb dumb dumb, I should have tapered like you.It will be a little rough but shorter and less intense. You are doing very well when being pregnant on your taper and quitting. I KNOW YOU WILL PULL THROUGH YOU ARE TOUGH AND A FIGHTER, if i would have been pregnant when i quit,,,, i cant imagine ( and i am a male and you know how weak we are if we had to be pregnant ) So i think you are doing GREAT. what you are feeling seems normal for wds , but you have a baby on board so that can make a difference. Do not worry we are all ,pulling and praying for you and the baby so its all going to work out remember that!!!! Think on this BETTER DAYS AHEAD I PROMISE IT WILL GET BETTER stay the course and keep us updated and if you need more support get on here we are waiting and willing to help!!!!

I dropped to a single dose of .50 mg yesterday I feel ok . i didn't sleep much.3 hours i'd say. No RLS yet. Lack of energy is a pain but im going try and Join the Gym tomorrow. I dosed at 1pm yesterday I wasn't feeling great but ill try and hold off a couple more hours today if I can. Hope everything is well PM1977.

Mommy222Be is offline New Member

Hey girl, first of all, congratulations on making it this far! We are all super proud of you!
    I am also in The midst of a sub taper and am pregnant with my second! I was wondering if any of you happened to get any input on when the safest time to jump off the subs is? I am at .25 mg, plan to decrease to .125 tomorrow, and then skip days after stabilizing. But I'm only 5 weeks pregnant and want to make sure there isn't a significantly higher risk to baby bean with it being so early in the pregnancy. I really don't want to wait any longer but I also don't want to lose the babe..
    I've had a pretty easy taper, took it really slow and the worst was going from .33 to .25 so far because I had trouble sleeping for about a week but I'm finally stable and almost done! Just found out I was preggo a week ago and am sure glad I had gotten this far with my taper already!! Any advice would be much appreciated,
    Thanks!
    Ashley

Default PM1977 hope all is well

Just an update for myself been having a rough time going from .75 to .50 i shouldve made the .6 step I guess but i seem to be ok this morning maybe just took a few days to settle down. I still don't have the full blown RLS but I was uncomfortable all night in the legs.This is day4 of .5mg . down to a single dose now ..That takes a bit of getting used to also. I think you should stablize first then combine a duel dose and stay a day or 2 longer then drop. I don't recommend making a drop and going to a single dose like I did. I have jury duty Thursday not looking forward to it.

PM1977 I hope you check in soon and your ok. Im a bit concerned for you.

Hey PM,
    I Hope you're hangin in there and doing ok, you're probably busy with company which might be a good thing right? At least it keeps your mind off the taper and any symptoms you have. You're doing amazing and powering through this if I read correctly today would be day 2 at .25mg right? You are nearly there and this will all be over a lot quicker than you're anticipating. I was like you thinking all these horrible symptoms were going to hit me at once when I finally jumped and you know they never really came. Yes the first 5 days are challenging but not to the point where you feel you're going to give in. Keep telling yourself each day "I can do this, I will get through this, and each day will end like every other and tomorrow will be a bit better" fight the cravings to give into any rescue doses when you jump, those strong cravings will vanish quickly I promise. We're all cheering you on! Post when you can.
    Catrina likes this.

Hi everyone. I am sorry that I haven't checked in. To be honest I was feeling pretty bad for a couple of days and couldn't concentrate long enough to post on here. Plus I didn't want to be negative. If anyone else is going through this don't let that scare you! The wd that I experienced wasn't that bad you just have to remember I am almost 8 months pregnant and my baby is already measuring 6 1/2 pounds so I am already miserable and can't move very well!

So here is where I am. I tried to drop to .25mg but had to end up taking my .375mg for a couple extra days. Today is day 2 of .25mg. I have been having a lot of back pain on this drop and rls. Against you guys advice I have been taking 150mg of gabapatin at night to help with the RLS. I don't know if this will hurt me in the long run but I guess I will find out. I have been halving the capsule so it won't be so strong and it will last longer. Anyways, back to my taper. I will stay at .25mg for 3 more days then jump. I will be out of subs by then and I am not going to buy more. I am not going to lie I am petrified of the unknown so I am just taking it one day at a time and give it to God. That is all I can do.
    My SIL is still here and so that has been a distraction for me.
    Thank you everyone for checking on me! Blakngoald I hope you are doing well. Give an update. I will post at a later time because it has still been hard for me to concentrate.
    Xoxo PM

Missy3682 is offline New Member

please help I need to stop subs fast
    I am 7.5 weeks pregnant and failed my first drug test for subs. I really want to be done in the next 2 weeks. I don't have a script for subs and I am really embarrassed and ashamed with myself. This will be my 4 the child. I don't know how I got here. I feel like the worst mother and person. I have been tapering down but I am scared to admit all this to the Dr. She did tell me they will randomly give me another a drug test and if I fail DSS will get involved. My boyfriend has a script and have been taking them for about a year. I did quit once a year ago and got myself back in this predicament. I am currently making a 1/4 of a 8 mg pill last me about 3 day's. Today I took a sliver of a piece and feel fine. I want to be done in 14 days if possible. That gives me about 6 days before my next ob appointment. I don't know how to do this without feeling awful and sick. I have 3 kids ages 9-1. And can't be sick all day. Can anyone help me please

Quote Originally Posted by Missy3682 View Post
    please help I need to stop subs fast
    I am 7.5 weeks pregnant and failed my first drug test for subs. I really want to be done in the next 2 weeks. I don't have a script for subs and I am really embarrassed and ashamed with myself. This will be my 4 the child. I don't know how I got here. I feel like the worst mother and person. I have been tapering down but I am scared to admit all this to the Dr. She did tell me they will randomly give me another a drug test and if I fail DSS will get involved. My boyfriend has a script and have been taking them for about a year. I did quit once a year ago and got myself back in this predicament. I am currently making a 1/4 of a 8 mg pill last me about 3 day's. Today I took a sliver of a piece and feel fine. I want to be done in 14 days if possible. That gives me about 6 days before my next ob appointment. I don't know how to do this without feeling awful and sick. I have 3 kids ages 9-1. And can't be sick all day. Can anyone help me please
    Hi Missy. I am sorry you are going through this. Dont feel like a bad Mom. You are awesome to want to quit for your baby. I am not an expert by any means and struggling myself. The best advice that I can give you is maybe postpone your next doctors appointment for a couple weeks at least and that would give you more time. It sounds like you on taking about .6mg a day? You are already so low you could probably taper pretty quickly. Someone will come along and give you better advice then me. Just hang in there girl!
    XoXo PM

Just an update. Had a lot of back, belly(from pregnancy), and leg pain plus RLS last night. Only got a couple hours of sleep and paced most of the night. I ended up taking my meds about 5 hours earlier then usual. I don't know how the rest of the day will go. I will update later. God bless.

XoXo PM
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-24-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast