Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 78
Like Tree55Likes
Day11 Sub Taper Need Support!!!
  1. #1
    PregnantMom1977 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default Day11 Sub Taper Need Support!!!

    Hi. Today is Day 11 of my SubsTaper! I have lots of questions and need support. I am pregnant and determined to get off of these things before my baby boy is born. PLEASE!!! NO LECTURES!!! My anxiety is through the roof and I can't go backwards so I am taking this one day at a time and moving forward. I have had a closet addiction for 7 years and no one knows. I have been usuing subs mainly the last year and a half or more. I've read these forums, lurked, and end up scaring myself even worse. So I decided to start my own thread so I can get support and advice from people who have been in my shoes. I was up to 2.5 mg a day and dropped to 2mg. No symptoms. 3rd day dropped to 1.5mg and minimal symptoms. So Day 5-8 I dropped to 1.25 major anxiety but everything else has been manageable. Day 9 until now I have been on 1mg and going to stick to the 4-5 day taper plan from here on out. So on Monday I am planning to drop to .75mg. Any support would be appreciated considering I am going through this by myself with Gods help. This isn't going to be one of those threads where I just disappear because I am doing this for my baby! There is no other option for me.

  2. #2
    PregnantMom1977 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Btw, I know I can't do this CT because I have read all of the information on doing it while pregnant. Taper seems to be the only way because I do not want this baby to come early! Also getting ready to take my PM dose. I have been taking .5mg in AM and .5mg 12 hours later in PM to help me sleep. I have only been getting around 3-4 hours a night but I know it could be way worse.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-04-2017 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Adding More

  3. #3
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PregnantMom1977 View Post
    Hi. Today is Day 11 of my SubsTaper! I have lots of questions and need support. I am pregnant and determined to get off of these things before my baby boy is born. PLEASE!!! NO LECTURES!!! My anxiety is through the roof and I can't go backwards so I am taking this one day at a time and moving forward. I have had a closet addiction for 7 years and no one knows. I have been usuing subs mainly the last year and a half or more. I've read these forums, lurked, and end up scaring myself even worse. So I decided to start my own thread so I can get support and advice from people who have been in my shoes. I was up to 2.5 mg a day and dropped to 2mg. No symptoms. 3rd day dropped to 1.5mg and minimal symptoms. So Day 5-8 I dropped to 1.25 major anxiety but everything else has been manageable. Day 9 until now I have been on 1mg and going to stick to the 4-5 day taper plan from here on out. So on Monday I am planning to drop to .75mg. Any support would be appreciated considering I am going through this by myself with Gods help. This isn't going to be one of those threads where I just disappear because I am doing this for my baby! There is no other option for me.
    Welcome!

    This is a no-judgement zone so no lectures. When is your baby due? You have dropped from 2mg to 1 pretty quickly but it is what it is. Instead of planning for another drop on Monday, I would really recommend that you wait and see how you're doing first. It is important right now to get good and stable before you do another reduction. It's far better to take a day or even a few extra days at your current dose of 1mg to get good and stable and be essentially symptoms free. Then do your 25% reduction to .75mg/day. After that, you'll hopefully be on schedule to do your 25% reductions every four days or so. As you get lower and lower, you may find that you'll need an extra day here or there to get stable and that's OK. If you reduce before you're stable, those symptoms will follow you the rest of the way. Better to take a bit longer. You want both you and your baby to be as comfortable throughout your taper as possible.

    You are committed and have the right attitude so I know you're going to do great. Posting regularly here will help you a lot. There will be others that will stop by and share their experience with you and offer their own support to you. You mentioned that you have been reading here for a while. Have you read Rachelle's thread? If you haven't, look for it and read it. No horror story there! Positive attitude and triumph. She was in the same boat as you. She's due in March, completed her taper and has about 2 weeks completely off the sub now. She is doing wonderfully and is grateful she was able to be done before her baby arrives. There are plenty of women who just can't make the leap. Your baby has a wonderful, brave Mommy.

    Peace,

    Cat

  4. #4
    PregnantMom1977 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Thank you so much for replying Cat! I just about cried because I haven't been able to share this with anyone! I have a husband, sister, and brother (and his ex-wife) that have been hard core addicted for 10+ years and I even kept my 2 nephews for almost 10 years along with my own 2 sons because I was the only one who cared. So I have functioned during my addiction, rarely ever binged except when my Dad died, but have NEVER had the help and resources they have such as Numerous rehabs, help, financial and spiritual support, someone to take care of the children, and so on. Maybe that sounds like an excuse but if I can't function my kids have no one. If anyone ever paid any attention to me whatsoever they could of figured it out but they are fighting their own battles I guess. I just quit my job last week and I can focus on me. I don't think I could physically be on my feet 9 hours a day and taper while pregnant.

    I will take your advice Cat and stay at 1mg on Monday. I haven't had any bad symptoms at all except anxiety and a little stomach problems. I know that was a quick jump and was wanting advice if it was normal to be feeling this good so far or if it is just because the half life hasn't caught up yet? I just beat myself up so much for not tapering sooner and want this over. I've been wanting to quit and my baby boy is the best motivation that I can think of. Thank you so much for responding Cat and not being critical. You're an angel.

    Also, to answer your question my baby is due the first of April. I will take all the advice I can!
    XoXo
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-04-2017 at 10:04 PM.

  5. #5
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PregnantMom1977 View Post
    Thank you so much for replying Cat! I just about cried because I haven't been able to share this with anyone! I have a husband, sister, and brother (and his ex-wife) that have been hard core addicted for 10+ years and I even kept my 2 nephews for almost 10 years along with my own 2 sons because I was the only one who cared. So I have functioned during my addiction, rarely ever binged except when my Dad died, but have NEVER had the help and resources they have such as Numerous rehabs, help, financial and spiritual support, someone to take care of the children, and so on. Maybe that sounds like an excuse but if I can't function my kids have no one. If anyone ever paid any attention to me whatsoever they could of figured it out but they are fighting their own battles I guess. I just quit my job last week and I can focus on me. I don't think I could physically be on my feet 9 hours a day and taper while pregnant.

    I will take your advice Cat and stay at 1mg on Monday. I haven't had any bad symptoms at all except anxiety and a little stomach problems. I know that was a quick jump and was wanting advice if it was normal to be feeling this good so far or if it is just because the half life hasn't caught up yet? I just beat myself up so much for not tapering sooner and want this over. I've been wanting to quit and my baby boy is the best motivation that I can think of. Thank you so much for responding Cat and not being critical. You're an angel.

    Also, to answer your question my baby is due the first of April. I will take all the advice I can!
    XoXo

    Hello Mom, and congrats to you!

    Cat had sound advice for you (she always does) and I second the suggestions she provided. One thing I'll add as you get down low in your sub dose. When getting to 1mg and lower it's usually best to slow down a bit. And when pregnant it's even more so to take things slowly. You're right, the half life will be trying to catch up with itself at this point.

    Don't be discouraged if it takes longer than 4 days on a dose before you feel like reducing, that's pretty common. You want to make sure you're not having rough symptoms and then reduce. Won't be good for you or the baby. You have plenty of time to get completey off before your due date.

    I see you posted to Rachelle. That's great, she's awesome and doing very well. Rachelle will have sound advice for you.

    Take care of yourself and keep posting, it really helps!

    Randy

  6. #6
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PregnantMom1977 View Post
    Thank you so much for replying Cat! I just about cried because I haven't been able to share this with anyone! I have a husband, sister, and brother (and his ex-wife) that have been hard core addicted for 10+ years and I even kept my 2 nephews for almost 10 years along with my own 2 sons because I was the only one who cared. So I have functioned during my addiction, rarely ever binged except when my Dad died, but have NEVER had the help and resources they have such as Numerous rehabs, help, financial and spiritual support, someone to take care of the children, and so on. Maybe that sounds like an excuse but if I can't function my kids have no one. If anyone ever paid any attention to me whatsoever they could of figured it out but they are fighting their own battles I guess. I just quit my job last week and I can focus on me. I don't think I could physically be on my feet 9 hours a day and taper while pregnant.

    I will take your advice Cat and stay at 1mg on Monday. I haven't had any bad symptoms at all except anxiety and a little stomach problems. I know that was a quick jump and was wanting advice if it was normal to be feeling this good so far or if it is just because the half life hasn't caught up yet? I just beat myself up so much for not tapering sooner and want this over. I've been wanting to quit and my baby boy is the best motivation that I can think of. Thank you so much for responding Cat and not being critical. You're an angel.

    Also, to answer your question my baby is due the first of April. I will take all the advice I can!
    XoXo
    WOW! You've got more than a full plate. With all that is going on around you, including being surrounded by active addicts it becomes even more important to find some support for yourself. Do you have health insurance? Will you consider some one on one counseling? That would be a good place to start. Meetings (I know, hard to imagine going) are the most effective recovery tool you can use. But at least for now, if at all possible maybe you can find a therapist. I've been in recovery for just over 7 years and my adult son who lives with me is an active addict so I totally understand how difficult it is.

    You still have nearly 2 months before the baby is due and that should give you enough time to complete your taper taking the time you need between reductions. It's good that so far your symptoms are manageable but just like you said, the half life is very long. If you reduce too quickly they will begin to mount up. That's the whole point in waiting until you're stable--to allow the half life to catch up so that your body can adjust to the new lower dose. In addition, let's face it--this is hard enough so although you may feel a reduction and may have a day or two of some manageable symptoms, after a few days you'll level out and having a day or two of being essentially symptom free will give you a short break allowing you to feel better before you reduce again.

    The weekends are usually slower around here but come Monday, you'll likely see more responses. Keep posting and checking in. Take some time to read other threads and post to others. You may not think so, but you have a lot to offer to others and by doing that, you help yourself. Ask questions if you have any and vent when you need to. Sometimes as you move through your taper and feel like you're hitting a wall, you might need some extra motivation. Using your thread as a journal with frequent updates can be used later by reading through to remind yourself of the progress you've made. Take care of you and in doing so, you'll be doing what's best for your baby.

    Peace,

    Cat

  7. #7
    PregnantMom1977 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hello Mom, and congrats to you!

    Cat had sound advice for you (she always does) and I second the suggestions she provided. One thing I'll add as you get down low in your sub dose. When getting to 1mg and lower it's usually best to slow down a bit. And when pregnant it's even more so to take things slowly. You're right, the half life will be trying to catch up with itself at this point.

    Don't be discouraged if it takes longer than 4 days on a dose before you feel like reducing, that's pretty common. You want to make sure you're not having rough symptoms and then reduce. Won't be good for you or the baby. You have plenty of time to get completey off before your due date.

    I see you posted to Rachelle. That's great, she's awesome and doing very well. Rachelle will have sound advice for you.

    Take care of yourself and keep posting, it really helps!

    Randy
    Thank you for your response. Randy! Your support means alot! Today is day 12 of my taper. My emotions are all over the place. One minute I am thinking you can do this it will be no problem and then 10 minutes later when a symptom hits I think if these little symptoms bother me how can I handle the big ones? My energy has been nonexistent so I took my .5mg and just took another .25mg to see if it would give me a slight boost. Have to get dinner ready for the superbowl. We are all Falcons fans here! It's hard trying to act normal when no one else know whats going on. I am going to take my other .25mg tonight at my usual time and hope there is no huge difference and then go back to dosing twice a day tomorrow. Does anyone think that will mess up my schedule? Thanks. XoXo
    Rachelle1stbb likes this.

  8. #8
    PregnantMom1977 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Thank you Cat again. Where I tapered so quickly how long do you think that Im in the clear before I should drop again? It would really suck if bad symptoms started! I am not familiar with how severe taper symptoms are and how they should be or hiw long they last. Will every drop feel like going through minor withdrawls or more moderate withdrawls? Right now they have been minor. I get between 3-4.5 hours of sleep, wake up around 4 am always nervous with stomach issues until I dose around 8:00AM. I have never actually had the stomach issues before the sneezing yawning and RLS starts up but with the taper I have. It is usually last thing to show up. IM NOT COMPLAINING! Just anxious about whats to come and what is actually considered stable? I am REALLY in this for the long haul. I have 16 mg of subs total left and refuse to get anymore! I am hoping I can do the taper the right way and get rid of the few extra mg that I will not need. So I will be around here for awhile so I won't overload you guys with too much info at once! :-) Time to start dinner for Superbowl. Have a blessed day!
    XoXo
    Catrina and DravenDomnq like this.

  9. #9
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PregnantMom1977 View Post
    Thank you Cat again. Where I tapered so quickly how long do you think that Im in the clear before I should drop again? It would really suck if bad symptoms started! I am not familiar with how severe taper symptoms are and how they should be or hiw long they last. Will every drop feel like going through minor withdrawls or more moderate withdrawls? Right now they have been minor. I get between 3-4.5 hours of sleep, wake up around 4 am always nervous with stomach issues until I dose around 8:00AM. I have never actually had the stomach issues before the sneezing yawning and RLS starts up but with the taper I have. It is usually last thing to show up. IM NOT COMPLAINING! Just anxious about whats to come and what is actually considered stable? I am REALLY in this for the long haul. I have 16 mg of subs total left and refuse to get anymore! I am hoping I can do the taper the right way and get rid of the few extra mg that I will not need. So I will be around here for awhile so I won't overload you guys with too much info at once! :-) Time to start dinner for Superbowl. Have a blessed day!
    XoXo
    You'll know. Just listen to your body. Having been at the dose you're at for a few days now, things shouldn't get worse but instead you'll begin to feel better. Your symptoms shouldn't be as bad as "moderate" but instead "minor". Once you feel pretty good for a couple days, then you can reduce but never by more than 25%. You can continue to split that dose into two and dose twice a day if that makes you feel better but before long, if you dose only once a day, it will help prepare you mentally to break the dosing ritual. The half life of sub is long enough that you shouldn't feel any difference. If you do, it's likely your mind messing with you.

    It's not unusual to have a bit of anxiety especially with a new reduction but that should get a little better too as you stabilize. Hard to say at this point how much of your anxiety is because of your taper and how much is being caused by your circumstance and the unknown of what's to come for you. Take it for what it is and trust the process. Hopefully as you settle into how you feel after you first reduce and what you'll feel like when you've become stable you be less anxious. You'll just know.

    16mg is more than enough to see this through. When you're done, you can have a little celebration as you flush your leftovers down the toilet!

    Hope you're going to root for the Pats today. I know I will be.

    Peace,

    Cat
    DravenDomnq likes this.

  10. #10
    Rachelle1stbb is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Hi Pregnantmom!
    I have read through your thread and let me say you're already doing great, you only have this last milligram to taper off of and I promise you will do this in plenty of time before your baby comes in April. Congratulations to you!! First off I know exactly how you feel when you described your emotional roller coaster, I went through the same thing during my taper it's normal and it won't linger too long. Each reduction for me was accompanied with minor withdrawal symptoms which only lasted a couple days and then I would stabilize at that dose feeling better. I too started to have some stomach issues and anxiety, but they seemed to dissipate every time I adjusted. When you have a couple rough days with a taper it does make you feel like "how can I get through this" I didn't think I could even feel stable at those lower doses but was amazed that I was! Best advice I can give you is when you reduce is to wait until you feel stable before another reduction. You will know when you're ready. Some reductions may take an extra day or two and that's normal, you'll be surprised at what an extra couple days will do for you. I began my taper at the end of December and I was on 4mg, now I have 12 days completely sub free and I feel good! When you do this taper process it makes the actual jump so much easier and withdrawal symptoms will not last long, for me after the first 5 days of being off I started to feel better each day and you will too. Sleep is still not 100% but for the past 2 nights I've slept 6 hours which is wonderful.. I always check the forums and I will keep up on your thread and help you anyway that I can. If you have any questions at all for me just ask! Be proud of yourself for doing this! Cat, Randy, and many others helped me immensely during my taper and I don't think I would have been as successful if it weren't for everyone's support, so use this like a journal and it will help you through the process. Getting off the subs is so achievable and you're going to feel so good when you're done, this I promise. Keep me updated on everything ok?!
    NikkiLP likes this.

  11. #11
    PregnantMom1977 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    You'll know. Just listen to your body. Having been at the dose you're at for a few days now, things shouldn't get worse but instead you'll begin to feel better. Your symptoms shouldn't be as bad as "moderate" but instead "minor". Once you feel pretty good for a couple days, then you can reduce but never by more than 25%. You can continue to split that dose into two and dose twice a day if that makes you feel better but before long, if you dose only once a day, it will help prepare you mentally to break the dosing ritual. The half life of sub is long enough that you shouldn't feel any difference. If you do, it's likely your mind messing with you.

    It's not unusual to have a bit of anxiety especially with a new reduction but that should get a little better too as you stabilize. Hard to say at this point how much of your anxiety is because of your taper and how much is being caused by your circumstance and the unknown of what's to come for you. Take it for what it is and trust the process. Hopefully as you settle into how you feel after you first reduce and what you'll feel like when you've become stable you be less anxious. You'll just know.

    16mg is more than enough to see this through. When you're done, you can have a little celebration as you flush your leftovers down the toilet!

    Hope you're going to root for the Pats today. I know I will be.

    Peace,

    Cat
    Thank you for the advice Cat. I was ok most of the day yesterday and then my legs started up and I had a long day mentally I think. My mind is like a nonstop roller coaster. I ended up taking an extra .125mg at about 9:00PM last night just because my mind and body has just been worn out and the RLS started and I knew I wouldn't get any sleep. I thought if I could get a little extra rest I might be more mentally prepared for tomorrows drop. Idk if that is just addict behavior but I really felt like my body and mind needed rest. I wasn't even going to post it but this is this first time in 7 years that I have had anyone to be accountable to so maybe being 110% honest will help me. My plan is to mentally prepare myself for the drop tomorrow and expect the worse and hope for the best! LoL I will probably start dosing once a day either after I drop from the .75mg or halfway through it. Thank you for the support! It means the world to me!
    Also, I have to add that unfortunately my whole family is die hard Falcons fans! My sons were so excited yesterday and I felt so bad for my boys when they lost! LoL I am not big on football but my sons are my life so watching them love it so much makes me love it for them. :-) I will post later.
    XoXo
    Dawnyday likes this.

  12. #12
    PregnantMom1977 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rachelle1stbb View Post
    Hi Pregnantmom!
    I have read through your thread and let me say you're already doing great, you only have this last milligram to taper off of and I promise you will do this in plenty of time before your baby comes in April. Congratulations to you!! First off I know exactly how you feel when you described your emotional roller coaster, I went through the same thing during my taper it's normal and it won't linger too long. Each reduction for me was accompanied with minor withdrawal symptoms which only lasted a couple days and then I would stabilize at that dose feeling better. I too started to have some stomach issues and anxiety, but they seemed to dissipate every time I adjusted. When you have a couple rough days with a taper it does make you feel like "how can I get through this" I didn't think I could even feel stable at those lower doses but was amazed that I was! Best advice I can give you is when you reduce is to wait until you feel stable before another reduction. You will know when you're ready. Some reductions may take an extra day or two and that's normal, you'll be surprised at what an extra couple days will do for you. I began my taper at the end of December and I was on 4mg, now I have 12 days completely sub free and I feel good! When you do this taper process it makes the actual jump so much easier and withdrawal symptoms will not last long, for me after the first 5 days of being off I started to feel better each day and you will too. Sleep is still not 100% but for the past 2 nights I've slept 6 hours which is wonderful.. I always check the forums and I will keep up on your thread and help you anyway that I can. If you have any questions at all for me just ask! Be proud of yourself for doing this! Cat, Randy, and many others helped me immensely during my taper and I don't think I would have been as successful if it weren't for everyone's support, so use this like a journal and it will help you through the process. Getting off the subs is so achievable and you're going to feel so good when you're done, this I promise. Keep me updated on everything ok?!
    Thank you for your reply Rachelle! My due date is April 3rd but my second baby came 3 weeks early so thinking that this one could come early makes my anxiety go through the roof! I was so happy to see your thread and not feel like I am the only one who has put myself in this position. It is so much harder since no one knows whats going on. Even though my husband has struggled on and off with addiction for over 12 years, his has mainly been benzos and drinking, he would probably never forgive me if he ever found out. He is completely clueless. Anyways, how long did it take you to taper once you hit 2mg? You amazed me how well you handled everything. You made it seem so easy. Keeping a positive mindset is so hard. I have had a great day today and my mind never stops dwelling on how Im going to feel in an hour. I had to quit my job because it was too hard physically and I started getting contractions the last couple of days working. Im supposed to be on a partial bed rest which makes it hard to keep my mind occupied.
    Did you ever have days between tapers that there were no symptoms? Or is there always constant RLS and chills and sneezing? I have no experience coming off of subs at all so I want to kind of know what to expect. Also how was your appetite during the whole taper considering your pregnant? Did you ever have one or was it completely gone? Sorry for all the questions and typos. Thank you again for taking the time to respond!
    Rachelle1stbb likes this.

  13. #13
    Rachelle1stbb is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Hey PM,
    No worries you can ask me as many questions as you like, I understand completely and I know how it feels to feel alone during the process. I know this is especially hard for you since you don't have any support from your husband, my fiancé knew about it but he couldn't relate personally to what I was going through, that's why I am so happy I found this forum and everyone here. Let me try and answer your questions, when I began my taper from 2mg it was the end of December so I did it in exactly 4 weeks since 1-26 was my first day with 0 subs. So I feel you have plenty of time even if the baby were to come a little early.. I did have days between tapers where yes I felt 100% fine with no withdrawal, you will not be in constant withdrawal the whole way down so don't worry about that if I had been I don't think I would have made it. You will find that some tapers don't seem to effect you much and others do. When I went from 1.5 to 1.25 I didn't even feel I needed to take the .25mg of that dose so I went right down to 1mg easily. I know it's a mental battle trying to keep your mind off of it with being home from work but you can do this and you may be thankful you don't have to work through it.

    I think you may still be adjusting to the 1mg dose and this may be why you feel some symptoms. If you have to take an extra day or two it's worth it to be stable and to just have a little break in between to feel good. For me I did not experience RLS or appetite loss until I was on day 2 of being completely off. There were times my stomach didn't feel well during the taper but I was always HUNGRY and I didn't have diarrhea at all during the taper. Once I was off of them I had a couple days where my appetite was non existent and the diarrhea for a few days but that quickly went away. I did have my battles with the chills and still do but so minor now, they come and go every now and then. Sneezing is still here lol but that doesn't bother me much. Try not to let your mind get the best of you, I know it's easier said than done but anything you can do to keep busy and keep your mind off of symptoms you may be feeling or that your mind is making you believe it's worse than what it is. I will help you all the way through this, it's so worth it to be off of them in every aspect but especially for our babies. I don't want my daughter to experience any discomfort upon entering the world, I don't think I could handle that. I really think you're going to handle this better than you're giving yourself credit for, I thought I was too weak to do it. So if I did it, you certainly can ok?
    Catrina likes this.

  14. #14
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,518

    Default

    Hi There,

    Rachelle gave you some good advice and insight for what to expect. You dropped to 1mg pretty quickly so it will probably take you an extra couple days. This is exactly what Randy and I and now Rachelle is warning you about. The symptoms you describe and how much they bothered you last night indicates to me that you aren't stable yet. I really think you should stay put at 1mg until you become more comfortable. Taking that extra bit last night isn't the end of the world but unless you're good and stable before each reduction you may feel the need for that little extra every now and again and it's just not good to be bouncing your dose around. It will only prolong your taper. Don't fret about it. Once you get stable, you'll feel much better and then you'll know you can reduce again Once you get good and stable, I think your next drop won't give you as much trouble and you'll stabilize in the expected 4 or 5 days.

    Tapering is hard in itself. Do your very best to not take any extra, no matter how small that amount is. Keep reminding yourself how powerful subs are and that their half life is so dang long that even the smallest amount will make a difference. I know it's hard but try to stay out of your own head and know that if you stick it out for a couple days the symptoms will lessen, you will be able to reduce and you'll be moving in the right direction. Trust the process. Taking a bit longer now before you reduce will pay off in the end. Follow the plan to the letter and you'll stabilize more quickly between reductions so that you hopefully won't need more than four or five days between the remainder of your reductions. You can do this. I know it feels like forever, but you're just a few reductions away from being done.

    Peace,

    Cat

  15. #15
    PregnantMom1977 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Day 14 of taper! Hey guys. Thanks for keeping up with me! I will respond to earlier posts a little later. I just wanted to bring something up really quick. I think I have figured out the ongoing stomach issues (which still isnt that bad). Last week my oldest son was having stomach issues but it is kind of normal for him so I over looked it. My younger son got me up in the middle of the night with stomach problems. Bingo. There is a stomach virus being passed around in here. Which would explain the chills, random nausea, and stomach issues while barely any other symptoms are present. Also I have had a tooth infection and been on antibiotics for over 10 days. The antibiotics could be causing the stomach trouble too! Maybe it is just wishful thinking but I am pretty positive those 2 factors have at least intensified my withdrawl symptoms. What do you think? I got up again at 4:00AM with stomach issues and nausea again, not horrible, just enough to make me feel BLAHHH. If that is the case I think it might be doable to drop today. I took my .5mg dose at 8:00AM and if I am feeling ok I will just take another .25mg in the evening. If I am feeling bad I will just stay where I am and drop tomorrow. Any thoughts?
    XoXo
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-07-2017 at 11:10 AM.

  16. #16
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PregnantMom1977 View Post
    Day 14 of taper! Hey guys. Thanks for keeping up with me! I will respond to earlier posts a little later. I just wanted to bring something up really quick. I think I have figured out the ongoing stomach issues (which still isnt that bad). Last week my oldest son was having stomach issues but it is kind of normal for him so I over looked it. My younger son got me up in the middle of the night with stomach problems. Bingo. There is a stomach virus being passed around in here. Which would explain the chills, random nausea, and stomach issues while barely any other symptoms are present. Also I have had a tooth infection and been on antibiotics for over 10 days. The antibiotics could be causing the stomach trouble too! Maybe it is just wishful thinking but I am pretty positive those 2 factors have at least intensified my withdrawl symptoms. What do you think? I got up again at 4:00AM with stomach issues and nausea again, not horrible, just enough to make me feel BLAHHH. If that is the case I think it might be doable to drop today. I took my .5mg dose at 8:00AM and if I am feeling ok I will just take another .25mg in the evening. If I am feeling bad I will just stay where I am and drop tomorrow. Any thoughts?
    XoXo
    The stomach issue could be related to the antibiotics or not, it's possible? Are you taking a probiotic with your antibiotics, if not then you should? Also you'll want to avoid caffeine... Hope this helps? Best of luck to you... God bless us all!

  17. #17
    PregnantMom1977 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Thanks Ricky. No I am not taking them. I guess it would be smart to start to avoid other problems. Good idea. Are you saying no caffeine because it could bother my stomach more? Or is it just not a good idea during a taper? Thanks!
    XoXo

  18. #18
    PregnantMom1977 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    So I just thought I would post to say that I stuck to the .75mg today because I had a good day. So I am finally under the 1mg! Does anyone think it is possible to stay on the taper plan strictly to the 4 day mark and lower no matter what? I really am getting so anxious sometimes that I feel like I need to do this ASAP.

  19. #19
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PregnantMom1977 View Post
    So I just thought I would post to say that I stuck to the .75mg today because I had a good day. So I am finally under the 1mg! Does anyone think it is possible to stay on the taper plan strictly to the 4 day mark and lower no matter what? I really am getting so anxious sometimes that I feel like I need to do this ASAP.
    Wahooo!! That's good news. It's entirely possible that you'll be able to adhere to the 4 day rule. Just don't be disappointed if it takes you a day longer at some reductions. It'll be worth it to give it the extra day if you need it otherwise if you reduce before you're ready, it'll just cause you to be more uncomfortable and will take longer to stabilize at the next dose or even cause you to have to take that bit extra to get through. That would just slow down your taper even more. Try not to look too far ahead. I know that's hard to do because you see the brass ring just out of your grasp.

    Perhaps with the next reduction you'll be ready to try and dose once a day instead of twice. This is only a mental exercise because the half life is so long that dosing once will hold you easily for 24 hours until you dose again. It's something that will help you begin to break the habit of wanting to take something. I know that feeling very well of looking forward to taking that next dose. Soon, there'll be no next dose. Ya know?

    You're doing great. If you begin to feel mild symptoms, that's normal and to be expected. Push on through and you'll level out in a couple of days. You can do this! Not too much longer before you're done.

    Peace,

    Cat
    Randy35, Rachelle1stbb and NikkiLP like this.

  20. #20
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Wahooo!! That's good news. It's entirely possible that you'll be able to adhere to the 4 day rule. Just don't be disappointed if it takes you a day longer at some reductions. It'll be worth it to give it the extra day if you need it otherwise if you reduce before you're ready, it'll just cause you to be more uncomfortable and will take longer to stabilize at the next dose or even cause you to have to take that bit extra to get through. That would just slow down your taper even more. Try not to look too far ahead. I know that's hard to do because you see the brass ring just out of your grasp.

    Perhaps with the next reduction you'll be ready to try and dose once a day instead of twice. This is only a mental exercise because the half life is so long that dosing once will hold you easily for 24 hours until you dose again. It's something that will help you begin to break the habit of wanting to take something. I know that feeling very well of looking forward to taking that next dose. Soon, there'll be no next dose. Ya know?

    You're doing great. If you begin to feel mild symptoms, that's normal and to be expected. Push on through and you'll level out in a couple of days. You can do this! Not too much longer before you're done.

    Peace,

    Cat


    Ok Cat, you beat me to a response and said basically what I was going to say. Grrrrr. Lol.

    Hey Pregnant Mom...Cat's Awesome right? Right?

    You're doing Awesome!!!

    Randy
    NikkiLP likes this.

  21. #21
    Rachelle1stbb is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Hi PM!
    I thought I'd answer your questions here on your thread, I also want to say WAY TO GO on dropping to .75mg!! You're under the 1mg mark and you're doing great. I can relate to your feelings of wanting to get this done as soon as possible for your baby and those feelings cause anxiety, trust me I was the same exact way always wanting to rush it and hope I'd be stable enough to drop every 4 days. What I did learn though is its absolute key to be stable before a reduction, like Cat told me before it's not worth it to rush and have withdrawal symptoms haunt you the whole way down. There were only a couple times (maybe twice?) that I had to take an additional day which made all the difference in how I felt. You'd be surprised at what an extra day can do for you. I noticed for me the days I would experience symptoms from a reduction were usually days 2&3, feeling better by the 4th day and ready to reduce again on the following day. I think you will be able to do 4days as well, but if you need an extra day at a dose definitely take it!

    I know it's hard not being able to be as physically active as you'd like, but even doing little things for small amounts of time through out the day are going to help you. Especially hot showers or baths to help when you experience aches or persistent chills. This will go by fast for you, before you know it you'll be on .25mg and be ready to jump. I did take a little bit more of 25% reductions once I got to .75mg but that was me. I decided to drop by .25mg every reduction when I got to .75mg. (.75mg-.50mg-.25mg-0) this worked for me but you may want to stick with 25% if symptoms are too uncomfortable. I also took Tylenol for aches, Restful legs (worked wonders), and 50mg of Benadryl at night which helped me to fall asleep. I haven't needed the Tylenol or restful legs lately but I still take the Benadryl when I feel I might have a hard time falling asleep.

    I work in long term care pharmacy (hilarious I know) so I am on my feet all day unless I'm in the billing department which I get to sit at a desk for and some days I was thankful to sit down all day cause my legs did ache a lot for the first week off of the subs. They feel fine now though! I know you are anxious to get this over with and so was I but listen to your body and taper as you see fit, it only makes for a much much easier time when you're completely off and that is the ultimate goal, you don't want to suffer for an unnecessary period of time when you don't have to! I hope you're feeling ok and you're able to get some rest, keep me posted!

  22. #22
    PregnantMom1977 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Day 16 of my Sub Taper and this will be day number 3 at .75mg! Day 1 and 2 were really ok, Thank God! This morning some sneezing, yawning, restless, and so on but not bad at all! I had 4 hours of sleep not including waking up twice but I think the waking up is due to pregnancy. I was having some stomach issues yesterday so I kind of slacked on my water. I hope that doesn't prolong anything. Anxiety is a problem spikes and goes through the roof all day. Just giving an update! I hope this thread will help someone else one day because reading other peoples has been helping me! I have went from 2.5mg of subs to .75mg of subs in 2 weeks with completely livable withdrawal symptoms. I don't know what today will hold or my next taper but I know I have God holding me during this because if it wasn't for Him and his Love and You Guys on these forums I don't think I could've pushed through to this point. I know I have at least 3 drops left but I'm starting to feel positive like this is really doable! Have a blessed day everyone and I'll post later!

  23. #23
    PregnantMom1977 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Thank you for the encouragement Cat! Since today is going to be my 3rd day of being at .75mg I thought I would see how I feel today and if I am feeling good I might try to dose my .75mg all at one time tomorrow. I know it is probably a mental thing but I feel like my dose at night helps calms my body and rls so I can sleep better. I usually dose around 8AM and 7PM but when I switch to once a day I might try to do it a little later like around noon. I will see how today goes first. It is an hour by hour process! One hour I am positive and the next I start thinking there is no way I can do this! LoL That repeats itself all day! God bless. I will update later.
    XoXo

  24. #24
    zebra1961 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    151

    Default Pregnantmom

    Have been reading your threads and I will say you are doing it and keep it up!!! I have been on subs and could not taper so i think you are doing great and you are going to make it!!! I went ct and it was rough so keep tapering go as low as you can! You may lose some sleep but your wds will much easier to deal with,so just wanted to drop in and say WAY TO GO keep it up you will quit!!! Just trying to support and encourage you and let you know you can do it!!!

  25. #25
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PregnantMom1977 View Post
    Day 16 of my Sub Taper and this will be day number 3 at .75mg! Day 1 and 2 were really ok, Thank God! This morning some sneezing, yawning, restless, and so on but not bad at all! I had 4 hours of sleep not including waking up twice but I think the waking up is due to pregnancy. I was having some stomach issues yesterday so I kind of slacked on my water. I hope that doesn't prolong anything. Anxiety is a problem spikes and goes through the roof all day. Just giving an update! I hope this thread will help someone else one day because reading other peoples has been helping me! I have went from 2.5mg of subs to .75mg of subs in 2 weeks with completely livable withdrawal symptoms. I don't know what today will hold or my next taper but I know I have God holding me during this because if it wasn't for Him and his Love and You Guys on these forums I don't think I could've pushed through to this point. I know I have at least 3 drops left but I'm starting to feel positive like this is really doable! Have a blessed day everyone and I'll post later!

    Hello Pregnant Mom -

    You're doing Awesome! Really great!. Won't be long now and you'll be finsihed with the taper. As Rachelle mentioned, taper when you feel ready. Stay on each dose for 4 days and if you feel ok on the 5th day you should reduce. If not stay a day or two longer. You know the drill.

    You mentioned having at least 3 drops left. If you're reducing by 25% then you'll want to go from .75mg to .5mg. Then to .375mg, and then to .25mg. You might want to consider going even lower and/or using the day skipping process as your final move. Some like myself tapered down to .125mg (half of .25mg), and some even lower than that. Why....to lessen the chance of any symptoms when finally. jumping. If you plan on .25mg as your final drop then please consider the day skipping process.

    The skipping of days does 2 very important things for you....It helps the long half life catch up with itself, and it helps you get use to being off the subs a day at a time. It helps with the mental battle. Both reasons are very beneficial. The day skipping goes like this....Whatever your final dose is, say .25mg for example, after at least 4 days on that dose you skip dosing the next day. Dose again and skip 2 days. Dose again then skip 3 days. Dose one final time and you're finished.

    Something to think about? Take care.

    Randy

  26. #26
    MHPhoenix is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    10

    Default Support

    Hi, I read your reply and I want to thank you for your support, yes, it is funny how one little pill can turn you topsy turvey eh? Well, I'm on day 3 of a quick tapper and its not that bad....you are going to be able to do this, its so much pressure, I know, and gosh, no judgement AT ALL here, if anything getting off of it is a beautiful gift you're giving him....it's ironic because I have decided to get off of it to be there and sober for my best friends baby shower I am planning who is also having a baby boy. You WILL be able to do this, it is more than hard but there is an end in sight and I feel your pain, and stress and worry. There is so much good in this and what you are doing, and so many people who were not as strong as us have done it...you are not alone in this, you can do this, you got this girl!

  27. #27
    PregnantMom1977 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Well I got 2 hours of sleep becauae my legs and lower back hurt so bad. I am just so tired! The only symptoms that I have had all yesterday was a little depression, rls leg and back pain. I think it is due to the taper mixed with the pregnancy. Nothing I take helps with it though. The thing is always hardest for me is rls and leg pain! My mind tells me it would be so easy just to take another sliver just so I can sleep but I am refusing to do it. I will just wait patiently until 8:00 AM and hope it helps calm them down for a bit. I barely feel anything when I take them now. My .25PM dose last night I didn't feel at all! This is just a bump. I have to get over it so I cqn taper again on Sat. Blahhhhhhhh.
    XoXo

  28. #28
    PregnantMom1977 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    By the way, to everyone who has posted on here I read, reread, and appreciate everyone who has been kind enough to post on my thread. I am sorry if I don't reply directly to every post. I am really antsy sometimes during this taper and it makes responding and concentrating hard sometimes.
    I took my dose at 8:00AM this morning and my legs are finally calm! I don't know how long it will last though. LoL Hoping today will be a good day so I can taper tomorrow.
    God is good.
    XoXo

  29. #29
    PregnantMom1977 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hello Pregnant Mom -

    You're doing Awesome! Really great!. Won't be long now and you'll be finsihed with the taper. As Rachelle mentioned, taper when you feel ready. Stay on each dose for 4 days and if you feel ok on the 5th day you should reduce. If not stay a day or two longer. You know the drill.

    You mentioned having at least 3 drops left. If you're reducing by 25% then you'll want to go from .75mg to .5mg. Then to .375mg, and then to .25mg. You might want to consider going even lower and/or using the day skipping process as your final move. Some like myself tapered down to .125mg (half of .25mg), and some even lower than that. Why....to lessen the chance of any symptoms when finally. jumping. If you plan on .25mg as your final drop then please consider the day skipping process.

    The skipping of days does 2 very important things for you....It helps the long half life catch up with itself, and it helps you get use to being off the subs a day at a time. It helps with the mental battle. Both reasons are very beneficial. The day skipping goes like this....Whatever your final dose is, say .25mg for example, after at least 4 days on that dose you skip dosing the next day. Dose again and skip 2 days. Dose again then skip 3 days. Dose one final time and you're finished.

    Something to think about? Take care.

    Randy
    Thanks for the advice Randy. Every bit of support means alot and helps my motivation! I was thinking I would just jump towards the end but after your advice I will probably try the skip days. I have a limited amount of sub left on purpose so I won't be tempted to cheat or stay at a dose longer then I should. I think I might have 7mg left? I refuse to buy more so I should have plenty left over to do skip days. Thank you again for your advice.
    XoXo PM
    Randy35 likes this.

  30. #30
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PregnantMom1977 View Post
    Thanks for the advice Randy. Every bit of support means alot and helps my motivation! I was thinking I would just jump towards the end but after your advice I will probably try the skip days. I have a limited amount of sub left on purpose so I won't be tempted to cheat or stay at a dose longer then I should. I think I might have 7mg left? I refuse to buy more so I should have plenty left over to do skip days. Thank you again for your advice.
    XoXo PM


    Hello PM -

    You're Always Welcome!

    The rest of your sub taper might look like this figuring you'll spend 4 days on each dose...

    .75mg.... currently and maybe another day on this dose = .75mg, then down to....
    .5mg x 4 days = 2mg...
    .375mg x 4 days = 1.5mg...
    .25mg x 4 days = 1mg...

    So that's a total of = 5.25mg. (Again depending on 4 days on each dose)

    For the day skipping you'll need....

    1mg for that. So your total amount of sub required will be 6.25mg. You have just enough to finish and a little bit over if you do need a "rescue" dose at some point, or if you take an extra day on any dose. You said you "think" you have 7mg left? Hopefully you have that or a bit more?

    When we want it bad enough it will happen!

    Randy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22