deadly dextromethorphan addiction
    luckydxm is offline New Member

Default deadly dextromethorphan addiction

Hi everyone. Let me start off with a little bit about myself. I'm a 20 year old male, 300 pounds and I'm addicted to dextromethorphan (DXM). I realize that is not a prescription drug, but I don't know where else to go.

My main idea is..how am I alive? I'll start with basic information about dextromethorphan if you guys don't know. In the dxm world, there is one type of pill that everyone stays away from : Coricidin Cough and Cold. Each pill contains 30mg of dextromethorphan and 4mg of chlorpheniramine maleate. Now, 30mg is a lot per pill for a dxm user, but the danger lies in the chlorpheniramine maleate. High doses (50mg and on) can lead to coma, seizure and in some cases..death.

This is where the scary part comes in. When I would take the pills, I would either take 16, 32, or 48 pills. 16 = 480mg DXM, 64mg chlorpheniramine maleate. 32 = 960mg DXM, 128mg chlorpheniramine maleate. 48 = 1440mg DXM, 198mg chlorpheniramine maleate.

The worst part of it all, I have done 16 pills about 20 times, 32 pills about 15 times and 48 pills about 10 times.
    All of those things [seizure, etc] have not happened to me yet after 45 uses. So that begs the question, how have I not died yet?

beatit is offline Junior Member

I dont think you should be worried about why you havent died yet...I think you should seek help on quiting. I am not to familiar with this, I mean I know what nyquil is and all that but, does this stuff get you high? What about it do you like?
    Finally Clean, Thank you God.
    2/26/13

luckydxm is offline New Member

Its a dissociative . Effects include euphoria, mood lift
    increased giggling and laughing
    dissociation of mind from body (positive when sought)
    creative dream-like experiences
    increased tactile sensation
    some users report empathic feelings, forgiveness, warm feelings towards others
    visual stop motion effect (flanging or strobing)
    visual and aural (auditory) hallucinations
    Feelings of merging with adjacent objects like a couch or bed (with higher doses)

beatit is offline Junior Member

Interesting...So my question to you is, are you trying to quit? Or just wondering if anyone here knows how much longer you have until you.......
    Finally Clean, Thank you God.
    2/26/13