Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree893Likes
Detox in full force, need help
    Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

I know I know I know... I could have wrote this 10 times over. Why do you think I like bed time so much. I know how you feel about the future and where to find the strength to keep going. When will it end and what happens if I have a day where I have absolutely nothing left to give? That is when you do nothing you make it thru the day with doing as little as possible and you do nothing. Stop fighting and do nothing. Tomorrow will be a new day. I am glad you got to the gym. Good news......according to daves earlier post we are stuck with each other for the next few months. It's days like this relapse rates are as high as they are. Not for us Because we are Titans. Xoxxox. Sending you warm wishes thru the screen....just grab them.
    Sadmommy13 and davepeerson like this.

Abc123123abc is offline New Member

You deserve fireworks. Because you didn't just get clean for 30 days, you shared your story in a way that made others want it to (ooh, ohh, me!!)

I wish I could send fireworks, but I'm curled up in a ball crying because you convinced me I could make it through these first 3-5 days. Maybe I'll send them when I have energy again.

Except, I think it's illegal, and wouldn't it be ironic to get arrested for THAT? "Yes officer, I promise I was sending an illegal substance to celebrate the eradication of another illegal substance. What do you mean that doesn't make any sense?!" Dude clearly was never an addict.

I'm celebrating for you! I have drinks and snacks here for the celebration. Let's see, we've got Immodium cocktails, potassium apps, hylands chips, hot bath dips (and as a bonus, I've added Arnica to the bath-it's not in the thomas recipe, but it's great for aches and pains). And we've got plenty of b6 to keep us going all night long!

Celebration time Sadmommy! Thanks for the inspiration <3

You are a hoot abc!!! You still have your humor!!! It was not the drugs..it's still there no worries about that. Lol sorry not coming to your party but I am here if you need me.
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Sadmommy13 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1112 View Post
    I know I know I know... I could have wrote this 10 times over. Why do you think I like bed time so much. I know how you feel about the future and where to find the strength to keep going. When will it end and what happens if I have a day where I have absolutely nothing left to give? That is when you do nothing you make it thru the day with doing as little as possible and you do nothing. Stop fighting and do nothing. Tomorrow will be a new day. I am glad you got to the gym. Good news......according to daves earlier post we are stuck with each other for the next few months. It's days like this relapse rates are as high as they are. Not for us Because we are Titans. Xoxxox. Sending you warm wishes thru the screen....just grab them.
    Got them and holding on tight. Thank you sunshine. You are my rock, literally. I just had to cry in my pillow for a bit. I yelled at kiddo, over nothing. Well, not actually nothing.... she is 3 and she can be just flat out BAD. But I shouldn't have yelled. I don't yell. I feel so freaking bad for yelling at her bc she is literally the sweetest child ever. Oh, but why did I yell back? sobbing. omgoodness. Let me off this ride!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Abc123123abc View Post
    You deserve fireworks. Because you didn't just get clean for 30 days, you shared your story in a way that made others want it to (ooh, ohh, me!!)

I wish I could send fireworks, but I'm curled up in a ball crying because you convinced me I could make it through these first 3-5 days. Maybe I'll send them when I have energy again.

Except, I think it's illegal, and wouldn't it be ironic to get arrested for THAT? "Yes officer, I promise I was sending an illegal substance to celebrate the eradication of another illegal substance. What do you mean that doesn't make any sense?!" Dude clearly was never an addict.

I'm celebrating for you! I have drinks and snacks here for the celebration. Let's see, we've got Immodium cocktails, potassium apps, hylands chips, hot bath dips (and as a bonus, I've added Arnica to the bath-it's not in the thomas recipe, but it's great for aches and pains). And we've got plenty of b6 to keep us going all night long!

Celebration time Sadmommy! Thanks for the inspiration <3
    HA! Well, you are humorous yourself abc. You just made me LOL through my miserably disappointed sobs. That is quite an accomplishment! I would love to join your party, immodium and all. But I WILL NOT be bringing any preworkout (i.e. legal speed) to the party. I am enjoying my sleep these days. That part will come back very soon, and it will make a world of difference for you!!
    davepeerson likes this.

And NOW the crazy sneezing starts AGAIN? This can't be serious. Do these kids of symptoms really come back, or am I just getting a cold or something? Hope not bc I already used my hookey days at work to have my self-induced flu. Sneezing like crazy. AND I actually DID vacuum up all of the animal hair today. Go figure. humph.
    davepeerson likes this.

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

You can Keep Pushing through Mommy!!! Whatever You do.....Don't think about another 30 Days...Just get through TODAY!!! Take on tomorrow when it comes!! I used to get Sooo Mad when they would say that at meetings.....Hey Dave...Just get through this....One Day At A Time.....Arghh!!...But looking Back....Now I get it.....I felt exactly like YOU are feeling at 30 days.....It's good to Go back and reread your first few pages sometimes!! Us Addicts LOVE to feel Self-Pity.....Poor ME....It's like we throw ourselves our Very Own Self-Pity Party.....and WE don't even Need anyone else to show Up???...I know it's HARD MOMMY.....But Please.....PLEASE FEEL PROUD....I am Proud of YOU!! Keep posting the truth....Just like YOU are....I am Praying that Your Friday will be Much better for YOU.....Get in that Gym, and work it OUT!! I did that today...didn't want to go....But....I know the reward....It NEVER fails to help ME feel better....just like a meeting.....Or reading and supporting You TITANS!! Stay Strong MOMMY!! ...Graditude...Appreciate everything life gives you...and experience the fullness of life! Expressing our thanks is a key to having a happy, fulfilled life! If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the Soul!!.xoxo
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-29-2015 at 09:12 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Thank you thank you thank you. Either my sponsor (you loyal 12th ) or my rock (my sunshine) is what I was needing at the moment. I have had such an emotional day. But I am focusing on the fact that it is a different kind of emotional. A month ago I was MISSING, seriously MISSING, those pills. Now....to be totally honest.... I am just missing ME. I can see who I used to be: happy, accomplished, driven, motivated. That was ME. I just want her back again. I can hear her in there, but the beast still speaks loudly in there as well, as you davep know.

I am a protein eating, cardio pumping, weight lifting, kid carrying, animal feeding,chore accomplishing machine now. I am focused. But this was a no good, terrible bad day. Forget celebrations and milestones. Nothing but disappointment on my end in hat respect. Day by day, step by step. Even if that's the best I can do. Keeps me from feeling like I let myself down. I want a do-over!
    davepeerson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davepeerson View Post
    You can Keep Pushing through Mommy!!! Whatever You do.....Don't think about another 30 Days...Just get through TODAY!!! Take on tomorrow when it comes!! I used to get Sooo Mad when they would say that at meetings.....Hey Dave...Just get through this....One Day At A Time.....Arghh!!...But looking Back....Now I get it.....I felt exactly like YOU are feeling at 30 days.....It's good to Go back and reread your first few pages sometimes!! Us Addicts LOVE to feel Self-Pity.....Poor ME....It's like we throw ourselves our Very Own Self-Pity Party.....and WE don't even Need anyone else to show Up???...I know it's HARD MOMMY.....But Please.....PLEASE FEEL PROUD....I am Proud of YOU!! Keep posting the truth....Just like YOU are....I am Praying that Your Friday will be Much better for YOU.....Get in that Gym, and work it OUT!! I did that today...didn't want to go....But....I know the reward....It NEVER fails to help ME feel better....just like a meeting.....Or reading and supporting You TITANS!! Stay Strong MOMMY!! ...Graditude...Appreciate everything life gives you...and experience the fullness of life! Expressing our thanks is a key to having a happy, fulfilled life! If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the Soul!!.xoxo
    I heart you, davep. Thank you.

Your Welcome MOMMY!!! I Just Really Want this for You and Sunshine....and Butterfly...Heck....I want it for Everyone!! It's Hard......It's confusing.....It's depressing at times......The BEAST is a Monster.....and I know He is Talking Too Dang Loud in YOUR head right Now....just tell him....Dave said....shut Up!!! I LOVE you ALL!!....And Just REALLY want You to keep fighting the fight....and not to give in to the Monster....Breaks My Heart to See My Friends from Meetings go back out....Believe ME when I say.....They NEVER come back saying it was better, and they were glad they went back to the BEAST!!! NEVER!!! You Know YOU are gonna be better off.....It just comes down to that Patience....I know....I know....but that's just the Truth!! You are closer to feeling better than You think!! Especially since Your doing the GYM!! NICE JOB MOM!! Stay Strong TITANS!! You got this.....and TGIF..
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Mommy day over.....miserable bad day but you stayed strong and never went to the dark side. Sorry I was not around tonight you were in my thoughts all night. You really were and I want you to know I actually felt bad about finally having a good day. We are always in sync so I felt a little bad. So I am not even going to post on my thread.

We all yell at our kids it happens and we all feel bad after. If you never yell or don't lose it I think there's something wrong. It's called not being perfect.

Sorry Dave I will respond later to thread you wrote last night that I absolutely loved by the way!!!! Plus I was all over the board. Since I like to have my breaks in the day on my good days is when I can support new posters and it has been very busy last couple of days. We have great new people that are extremely strong. Mommy so glad you chimed in on abc your post of encouragement are amazing!!!!
    davepeerson and Sadmommy13 like this.

No worries Sunshine....Hope YOU get some well deserved Rest Tonight!! Stay Strong Titans!!.xo
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Thanks you guys, my rocks, my stepping stones. I set myself up for disappointment today. I know I am not "well". I just want SO BADLY to be. Trying with everything I have. You both know, feeling like you're stepping backwards just kicks your tail with a mind job. I know the only way out is the hard way. I'm keeping on my game. Just feeling so weary that it mentally tricks you far beyond the limits that one can control. I curse the first pill I ever swallowed for this!!!
    davepeerson likes this.

Questions11 is offline Member

Love the positivity on this thread! Im following you around sunshine!! I am worried about marva and rainbows, haven't heard from them they haven't checked in.

Im having a great day and want to keep everyone positive! Feeling better everyday, and it's definitely with the help of all of you!

I hope everyone gets some great sleep tonight, it's well deserved!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-29-2015 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Didn't finish

Quote Originally Posted by davepeerson View Post
    Your Welcome MOMMY!!! I Just Really Want this for You and Sunshine....and Butterfly...Heck....I want it for Everyone!! It's Hard......It's confusing.....It's depressing at times......The BEAST is a Monster.....and I know He is Talking Too Dang Loud in YOUR head right Now....just tell him....Dave said....shut Up!!! I LOVE you ALL!!....And Just REALLY want You to keep fighting the fight....and not to give in to the Monster....Breaks My Heart to See My Friends from Meetings go back out....Believe ME when I say.....They NEVER come back saying it was better, and they were glad they went back to the BEAST!!! NEVER!!! You Know YOU are gonna be better off.....It just comes down to that Patience....I know....I know....but that's just the Truth!! You are closer to feeling better than You think!! Especially since Your doing the GYM!! NICE JOB MOM!! Stay Strong TITANS!! You got this.....and TGIF..
    And I literally am going to say out loud " Dave said SHUT UP!" when he whispers in my ear. Then people will totally think I've lost my marbles. lol
    davepeerson likes this.

Mommy day over.....miserable bad day but you stayed strong and never went to the dark side. Sorry I was not around tonight you were in my thoughts all night. You really were and I want you to know I actually felt bad about finally having a good day. We are always in sync so I felt a little bad. So I am not even going to post on my thread.

We all yell at our kids it happens and we all feel bad after. If you never yell or don't lose it I think there's something wrong. It's called not being perfect.

Sorry Dave I will respond later to thread you wrote last night that I absolutely loved by the way!!!! Plus I was all over the board. Since I like to have my breaks in the day on my good days is when I can support new posters and it has been very busy last couple of days. We have great new people that are extremely strong. Mommy so glad you chimed in on abc your post of encouragement are amazing!!!!
    Never, ever feel bad about having a good day. I have them. Today just wasn't one. Just because everything else about us falls in sync, doesn't mean the days always have to. I mean, technically, you are a couple days ahead of me, so you are kind of like fortune telling me what is to come next xoxoxoxoxoxxo
    davepeerson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadmommy13 View Post
    And I literally am going to say out loud " Dave said SHUT UP!" when he whispers in my ear. Then people will totally think I've lost my marbles. lol
    Lol....I can't tell you how many times I wanted to take that part of my brain outside and beat the living....out of it. How dare my brain think like that!!!! Bad behavior brain, to bad we could not make that part of our brain go have a time out with your nose in the corner!!!! Don't worry mommy I think I lost it a long time ago!!!!
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Questions11 View Post
    Love the positivity on this thread! Im following you around sunshine!! I am worried about marva and rainbows, haven't heard from them they haven't checked in.

Im having a great day and want to keep everyone positive! Feeling better everyday, and it's definitely with the help of all of you!

I hope everyone gets some great sleep tonight, it's well deserved!
    I posted on your thread then saw this but you can join us anytime. We always have something going on!!!! Good and bad days.

How is your day going? Stalking you....sun came out today. Had my walk now I have to buckle down and get the house a littke dlean. Motivation is low today but going to push threw it.
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Morning sunshine! It's going ok. Ear buds in, walking around mumbling "Dave said shut up, Dave said shut up" to this darn beast on my shoulder.

It's sunny & beautiful here, but coooold. Only 1 more class & I'm done for the day. Going home at lunch, I'll be able to check in. & catch up properly there, then will head to the gym fir however long it takes to get this frustration out.

Be back soon. Hoping I don't go in here like a rambling fool. But I can make it thru 50 minutes of anything, right? 31 days...... Humph! Xoxo hope you are having a great one so far..... Enjoy that vitamin d!
    davepeerson likes this.

lawsonlori is offline New Member

Hi my name is Lori. And i have related to your post...my best part of the day is bed time as i do not feel like a worthless lump no one can see me suffering and i do wake up at 4ish sometimes i can go back to slerp around 6:30 to maybe 7-7:30 but just knowing that tomorrow is one more day closer to the day that i will feel great while straight, that being said i have 11days now,went 16. Once before felt like a million bux in morning through most of the day then anxiety hit. Only saying this because it helped but pot smoking took that away...>> rather have and wish to god that i had stuck with it as here i go again..detoxing..11days now, good day then bad i just keep taking one day at a time but also have a goal of day 16 to make, praying for the same or better when i reach it...i try to get somethings done on and off during the day, i go outside in the sun a couple times for 15 minutes, watch tv, read best to do comedies light material, listen to uplifting song at least. 1Or 2 a day, get serotonin going produce endorphins...i think and hope,,,pray pray ,,,would love for more ideas to deal with anxiety tiredness,,,,oh vitamins,,i just try everything good that i can think of...????????
    davepeerson likes this.

Mommy glad you checked in. I have to run out To the stores will be back in a few hours to check in with you. You are going to feel better after the gym.xoxxoxo glad we had sun today!! N
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Lol....I can't tell you how many times I wanted to take that part of my brain outside and beat the living....out of it. How dare my brain think like that!!!! Bad behavior brain, to bad we could not make that part of our brain go have a time out with your nose in the corner!!!! Don't worry mommy I think I lost it a long time ago!!!!
    Lemme tell ya, when I finally do get a hold of that part of my brain, it is going into PERMANENT time out in the corner! That beast has no idea what kind of mommy-style discipline he is in for once I catch up with him..... and I WILL catch up with him eventually..... but I sure am not counting it to happen in an certain number of days..... because.... well, I have had ENOUGH of the let downs!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonlori View Post
    Hi my name is Lori. And i have related to your post...my best part of the day is bed time as i do not feel like a worthless lump no one can see me suffering and i do wake up at 4ish sometimes i can go back to slerp around 6:30 to maybe 7-7:30 but just knowing that tomorrow is one more day closer to the day that i will feel great while straight, that being said i have 11days now,went 16. Once before felt like a million bux in morning through most of the day then anxiety hit. Only saying this because it helped but pot smoking took that away...>> rather have and wish to god that i had stuck with it as here i go again..detoxing..11days now, good day then bad i just keep taking one day at a time but also have a goal of day 16 to make, praying for the same or better when i reach it...i try to get somethings done on and off during the day, i go outside in the sun a couple times for 15 minutes, watch tv, read best to do comedies light material, listen to uplifting song at least. 1Or 2 a day, get serotonin going produce endorphins...i think and hope,,,pray pray ,,,would love for more ideas to deal with anxiety tiredness,,,,oh vitamins,,i just try everything good that i can think of...????????
    Hey Lori. There is no easy way out of this but to power through it. Vitamins do help, getting whatever sunshine you can from outside will help, MOVING in general will help. Given during those first few days, maybe week even, you won't feel a lot like moving, but the sooner you do, the sooner you will start to re-gain some of that energy. I find that now I am past 30 days, the exercise is so so important. Just as important as eating right.

During the first days, I drank ensure, I would drink chicken and stars soup right out of a cup, just makes it easier to only have to swallow rather than chew. But once I got some appetite back, I started feeling myself as much protein as I could handle. Eggs, tuna, almonds, Also, bananas helps if you are still feeling restless legs.

Unfortunately, the only cure to the lack of motivation, lack of energy, anxiety, etc.... is time and patience. I am still so anxious most of the time, but I am learning how to deal better with it. The more I eat and exercise, the more energy I feel. But there is no magic recipe that will bring back the energy and euphoria that we used pills for. The goal is to make yourself naturally strong and energetic and euphoric, without needing a crutch.

If you are 11 or so days in, the physical part should be letting upsome by now. As soon as you can, get moving. Walk, stretch, anything you can handle. It's the only thing that seems to be giving me any kind of lasting energy at this point. It's a process. That's for sure. But I am certain that the outcome will be worth it. I have faith in myself, and faith in what the happy & clean folks here on this board have been guiding me to do.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-30-2015 at 01:44 PM. Reason: typo
    davepeerson likes this.

kathycz is offline New Member

I want to Thank each and every one of you for sharing all of your ups and downs and especially to sad mommy for sharing her journey. I appreciate all of the honesty and support and advice given to each other. I pray every day for God to give me the strength to make it through day......most days I think he is busy with some one else and I will have to continue to wait my turn! Thank you again!
    Sadmommy13 and Reeray like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kathycz View Post
    I want to Thank each and every one of you for sharing all of your ups and downs and especially to sad mommy for sharing her journey. I appreciate all of the honesty and support and advice given to each other. I pray every day for God to give me the strength to make it through day......most days I think he is busy with some one else and I will have to continue to wait my turn! Thank you again!
    Hey Kathy. The reason we are still here keeping this thread so active, it's not just to keep helping ourselves (which it totally does), but we also feel very inspired that others are reading and jumping on board with us.... or even just THINKING of jumping with us. It makes the battle a little easier to fight knowing all of you are reading. Sunshine & I are posting it all...the good, the bad, the ugly, and the funny. It is a roller coaster, but we're riding side by side. The only way to get past addiction is to power through it. It can be done. The support on this forum has been infinitely important to how far I(we) have come so far. I hope you stick around..... you can do it when your time comes!!!! Come on and join our army of Titans!!! It appears our forces are rapidly increasing in number of followers!
    davepeerson likes this.

Thank you so much for your response......I hope I'm invited for the ride (even though I'm scared to death of roller coasters). I took the last of my pain meds 86 days ago and did a sub detox for 5 days. I'd give anything for some energy and motivation! I too have little ones to care for and I am lucky to have a for the most part supportive husband. It just makes happy to know other people feeling the same way I do, and thinking maybe I am not loosing my mind after all!
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kathycz View Post
    Thank you so much for your response......I hope I'm invited for the ride (even though I'm scared to death of roller coasters). I took the last of my pain meds 86 days ago and did a sub detox for 5 days. I'd give anything for some energy and motivation! I too have little ones to care for and I am lucky to have a for the most part supportive husband. It just makes happy to know other people feeling the same way I do, and thinking maybe I am not loosing my mind after all!
    Nope, you aren't losing your mind. We all feel like we are, but what is actually happening is that we are CLEARING & CLEANING it. You come on and join us. Considering the h-e-double hockey sticks we have been through so far...... it's gotta get better. Davep says so, and at the moment he is omnipotent to us, so his word is now the gospel truth! lol

We have had allot of new followers post today between my thread and mommys and we welcome you and are so appreciative to all of you. We struggle, cry, laugh, and complain......how we have not sent Dave running to the hills as much as we sound like a broken record with our complaints is beyond me . For all of you to read, find encouragement, and inspiration makes me want to fight harder. It helps me as much as it helps you.

Stay strong and know if I can do this after 11 years it is possible for anyone to do as well. Have faith in daves words that it gets better. We all will beaming like rays of sunshine in no time!!!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-30-2015 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Typo
    davepeerson and Sadmommy13 like this.

I can't Thank You to both enough! I really need the emotional support right now!
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast