Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Like Tree893Likes
Detox in full force, need help
    davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Goodnight Mommy......You are going through the waves of the first few months....But....You are getting better....even if You don't always feel like it!! Sorry about the driveway....But...could be worse....eh?? Main thing....and MOST important thing is You and Sunshine keeping this Daily Posting going.....Just Look at everyone following....even if it's about Braiding hair??....Seriously....They just like to hear you Two getting through each day....No matter what is going on....or How Your feeling.....and You are Both Counting days.....One Day At A Time!!...Giving so many others......HOPE!!..Keep Up the Great Job Mommy...and Sunshine...You Two....ROCK!!! Hope You get some decent sleep tonight....and TGIF!! Stay Strong Titans!!.xoxo
    Sunshine1112 likes this.

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Good morning mommy. Six hours of sleep last night for me. Would have been happier with seven. A cold day here and I need to somehow get some excercise in. Not feeling the love this morning upon waking. Let's hope for a good one. I feel you when you look around and all you see is stuff you need to get done. Anxiety at its best. Oh well. Maybe today I will feel as if I am taking steps forward as this week has not been all that.

Sadmommy13 is offline Senior Member

I just posted on your thread, almost exactly the same feelings about this day (and this week!) before having read this that you wrote. Totally in sync. I'm getting the days in but this weight on me is becoming, no not becoming, it has been there and is 'remaining' and giving me fits. I hope something good comes along today for both of us, just for a mood boost. I am totally not looking forward to Friday afternoon meetings, esp when I would normally be free this afternoon, could go to the smoothie store if I wanted, lol.

I also had a good laugh this morning when I read your good night post- I know it was an autocorrect typo! But it made me lol that you were pooping on my thread. It is still making me lol at this very moment actually gotta love autocorrect sometimes, lol, I am being silly Xoxoxo will check back in after these "exciting" meetings!!!!!

Well, that afternoon could not have made my day any worse. Holy cow! The lunch was late and was the most horrible fatty bbq ever, gave me the worst stomach ache esp considering the way I have been feeding myself lately. Part of it was supposed to be this webinar given by somebody in TX but nothing worked and you couldn't hear. Then, after the complete waste of time webinar, the announcements from my boss- o.m.g. The entire structure of the majors we offer is being changed. Which wouldn't affect US as much as students, except the we have to re-write the whole student bulletin. It is a huge task. And I got put in a group with one of the laziest partners you could get, not a good match with my current level of motivation. I can barely do my work as is, much less this particular huge job on top of it all. Not feeling good about it at all.

I know I am being whiny, over little things really, which I usually complain about people complaining about little things- but that is what I feel like doing right now. Bad meetings took up my entire afternoon, and I did not get to the gym before I had to get kiddo. I would say I will go tonight once hubby is home, but I feel like a bag of blah. I came straight home and did not get Valentine's or cards for hubs and kiddo. So I am feeling bad about that too. I am just plain ole feeling stressed and bad.

My mom is calling that dogs are getting out in the places we did not concrete.... ugh. Is there no one else in my family closer than me who would work on this project? Supposed to get snow and ice here this weekend so not really favorable for the road trip anyway. And Lord knows I don't wanna go again right now. Nor do I want to be stuck inside during a winter storm. Going a little crazy at the moment, people! Somebody say something positive.... quick!!!

Im sorry you're having a rough day. Just wanted to say your posts have been a big help as I've been struggling to quit. Esp the medicine cabinet story! I felt your pain. I'm still dealing with withdrawal and will be glad when its only "real life" problems that stress me out! Keep ur head up, you have helped me today.
    Sadmommy13 and davepeerson like this.

Mommy don't even look at me for something positive today. Not happening!!!!! Most likely will not happen tomorrow. This day will carry me thru tonorrow. So nothing positive from me!!! So happy at the end of the day I get to still count because really right now that doesn't seem to positive to me more so like a bad broken record I don't want to listen to any more. The whole day got started off wrong and like you went downhill.

Sorry can't be more support but unless we both need to go into I don't like this day wha...wha..wha.. I guess I have nothing to post.

Quote Originally Posted by finallydoingthis View Post
    Im sorry you're having a rough day. Just wanted to say your posts have been a big help as I've been struggling to quit. Esp the medicine cabinet story! I felt your pain. I'm still dealing with withdrawal and will be glad when its only "real life" problems that stress me out! Keep ur head up, you have helped me today.
    Thanks for posting. You're right, it is definitely better than having wds going on still, so I feel for you in that respect. But this never ending series of days, it gets tiresome. I don't mean to sound discouraging to anyone, and I apologize for being whiny about "real life" problems. I usually am complaining when that is all I hear someone complaining about. I just figured life would be easier to deal with by now.When it seems to be just as miserable, just as broke, and even more exhausted and anxious, than before on it makes you wonder why even try. But there are lots of answers to that. I know the reasons. It just sometimes is really hard to see results. Still, I hope I have not discouraged anyone with me series of bad days. Just on a roll I guess. At some point, things have to go back up again. Impatient, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1112 View Post
    Mommy don't even look at me for something positive today. Not happening!!!!! Most likely will not happen tomorrow. This day will carry me thru tonorrow. So nothing positive from me!!! So happy at the end of the day I get to still count because really right now that doesn't seem to positive to me more so like a bad broken record I don't want to listen to any more. The whole day got started off wrong and like you went downhill.

Sorry can't be more support but unless we both need to go into I don't like this day wha...wha..wha.. I guess I have nothing to post.
    Man, I sure wish we were not in sync today. I need an uplift. Something to break this streak of bad days. Can't seem to focus on positives no matter how hard I try. And I seriously DO TRY. That is precisely what is getting me so down. It's just getting too tiresome to keep fighting the good fight with no reward. I do not feel better, I am still broke as can be, I have battled through so many days and temptations, and I feel like the closer I get to the light at the end of the tunnel, like I have a good day and I can "almost" reach it, someone yanks it even further away and I am just running in place. Maybe that's why Dave calls this time part of the danger zone. When the going gets tough, I have no tough left to battle with. Life is beating me up. Feels like I am losing it, the battle and my mind both.

I do wish you had better times today. I know how you mean feels like a broken record. I am just typing and typing, hoping to prevent from taking this frustration on the wrong people. But I cannot deal with that fence again this weekend, I just can;t. So, what do I feel from that? Guilt. Useless. But stressful. And sitting right here in my lap.

xoxoxox I would send you sun beams if I had any but it looks like only snow flakes for me coming soon. I think maybe I will start meditating about being on the beach instead of here .

But do know I will always read your wha... wha... whaas too. If you need to vent it out, I don't feel like you are spreading negativity. I hope it doesn't seem like I am spreading it.... just keepin it real. This week as has been a killer one, but I never mind it if you want to whine and complain to me. St least look it it this way- can't get somebody down that's already down, lol. Maybe dave hitting the 2 year mark will be the uplift we need to get outta this funk.

Quote Originally Posted by davepeerson View Post
    Goodnight Mommy......You are going through the waves of the first few months....But....You are getting better....even if You don't always feel like it!! Sorry about the driveway....But...could be worse....eh?? Main thing....and MOST important thing is You and Sunshine keeping this Daily Posting going.....Just Look at everyone following....even if it's about Braiding hair??....Seriously....They just like to hear you Two getting through each day....No matter what is going on....or How Your feeling.....and You are Both Counting days.....One Day At A Time!!...Giving so many others......HOPE!!..Keep Up the Great Job Mommy...and Sunshine...You Two....ROCK!!! Hope You get some decent sleep tonight....and TGIF!! Stay Strong Titans!!.xoxo
    Thanks dave for your constant support, my virtual sponsor, my uplifting reminder of why I am doing this. I do wish sometimes I could come to your meetings and have you hold my hand. I have had a series of down days. I really have tried to see positive, to not make things about myself and my problems, but I feel just beat down. So the driveway thing: there are two ways to look at it. The way I did initially, which was bye bye saved money, what's the point in trying if we are going to be broke anyway. The other way to look at it: had I not saved the money I have so far, we would not have had the money to pay before today to keep from losing 2 acres of our land. So, you see, I AM trying to take that second viewpoint. That things happen beyond my control, but luckily, wehad the money this time. If it had been last year, no way we would have had it in time. TRYING SO HARD to take the second viewpoint.

I know in my heart I am winning. I am making it through each day accomplishing something..... not swallowing a pill. That is a win for me, I KNOW THIS. But when the going gets tough life-wise, I just have no tough to left to face it with. I am exhausted and tired of fighting. Just tired. What I tell myself is "be THANKFUL, look at what you have to save, look at what you have to keep going for" but sometimes it's just too overwhelming to do it all and take care of me at the same time.

I feel so bad for coming here to whine, like I have almost every single day this week. I fuss about people I encounter during the day that do nothing but whine, hence the need for ear buds. I know I sound like a hypocrite, lol. But here I come and just type and type until at least 'some' of the frustration passes. Helps me at least to not take it all out on people around me, beating the mean inside me into these keys instead of into people I love. I don't mean for it to sound negative to anyone following me, and I feel bad if it does. I know to someone feeling physical wds, I must sound like a total whiny baby. But it's how I feel and it is my thread after all, right? I am supposed to get it ALL OUT. Keep none of it bottled in. So I will keep on beating the heck out of this keyboard until the streak of better days comes along. I am hoping being excited for your 2 year mark will be just the uplift Sunshine and I need to help lift us out of this funk (is it the 14th or 15th?). We are so excited to know you and to be here to even share this HUGE milestone with you through a computer screen. Truly inspirational, you are. To all of us. I hope you stat making smoothies, I bet you'd be great at that.... and honest to the mommies in search of preworkout, esp now Love you so. xoxoxox

Just a quickie tonight....as YOU Titans should be sound asleep by Now....Hopefully?? Had a Good Meeting tonight....Topic was Surrender.....Which does NOT mean giving up.....But laying down your sword....stop fighting the BEAST.....and Join the winning TEAM!!! I believe You and Sunshine Have Done Just that....Now stop that Hubby fighting too.....??...Sometimes I really have to feel sorry for the ones that don't get addiction.....and withdrawl......Basically what WE have to do in Order to get Our Passion for Living Back....If they only Knew.....How Much Better YOU are Going to Be......already are in My Opinion....But....I Get IT....and they don't??? So....Short one tonight....But Just Have to Say YOU and Sunshine are Becoming.....Or...Have Become Very Serious Inspirations on Here!! Be PROUD.....You two are gathering quite a following.....Nice...Stay Strong Mommy..another Day to add to the counter!!!.xoxo
    But Just Have to Say YOU and Sunshine are Becoming.....Or...Have Become Very Serious Inspirations on Here!! Be PROUD.....You two are gathering quite a following.....Nice...Stay Strong Mommy

And this statement alone is enough for me to shout from the rooftops..... I AM CLEAN AND HAPPY ABOUT THAT FACT! Everybody hear that?!?

Pay no attention to my bi*#^in' about meetings and chores. It really is better than waking up to the worry of the beast.... I have crossed to the better side. It is worth it over here. I'm glad not to worry about where that next pill will come from. I would rather worry about driveways and bills and meetings and chores. The worry will always be there.... what we choose to worry about is on each of us.
    davepeerson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Questions11 View Post
    Just wanted to stop in and say hi! Congrats on 6 weeks, and 45 days! Im on day 18 and feeling great. I had my first dream a couple nights ago about pills and a second the night after.. The gor a text from my old dealer (even though I told him I was done) and looked the unsaved number with confusion, realized who it was and deleted it!! So happy, and so proud.

But yes day 18 and its a great day!
    I ended up getting several "offers" from old "friends" during my first few weeks. They were relentless. I know the issue: my money was huge to them. I know I paid a lot of their bills and not enough of mine. I deleted all their numbers, but you are right that they do not delete ours. Luckily, they stopped. I used a suggestion from Sunshine for one of them.... told them I had the heat watching me. Have heard from no body since. Seems to have gotten around that my money is now MINE, well.... sort of. humph.

Quote Originally Posted by timetogocold View Post
    Well I am glad that everyone benefits from posts. I "think"<--(which I do to much of) that I wouldn't have made it thus far without this forum. Have you felt like the monkey is off your back yet? I am sure that we can never let our guard down again. It is to easy to fall down.
    It's very easy to want to fall back. You've really gotta want this to make it your new reality. After a week, I "felt" a lot better, but mentally disappointed bc I thought things would be easy after the physical part let up. The monkey on my back did get off, but he sits beside me all day threatening to jump back on. Feisty little sucker just wont go away! But it does get better, if for no other reason than you get better at dealing with it. Hang in there! And stick around. These forums probably saved my life.
    davepeerson likes this.

Even when you are having a bad day you have the most uplifting post. Sorry I was so mad....your post just set me off. I wanted one of us to have a good day and when I came online to just get away it really upset me. Just wanted you to have had a good day. I always want you to have a good day even when I am not. So when I saw your day that was the end of my rope. You know I heart you all the time.

I can't tell you how I understand. I am so so so so so so very very very very very tired. What the reward I get is to say got another day down. After awhile the exercise and the have another day is just not enough. I need more.

Besides my bad day that is all my own fault. I procrastinated and have nobody but to blame but myself. I feel different in my journey. I feel as if I have set myself up for failure. I don't know how to change that. xoxoxoxo You know you are so uplifting even when you whine. Whine away its your post. In fact I am going to go over to my post and whine away as well. I know we feel bad about it like we should really be more uplifiting especially given as many that read but we need to keep it real. Maybe tomorrow we can find something more fun to talk about. Maybe vacations we have been on?? xoxoxo

Even when you are having a bad day you have the most uplifting post. Sorry I was so mad....your post just set me off. I wanted one of us to have a good day and when I came online to just get away it really upset me. Just wanted you to have had a good day. I always want you to have a good day even when I am not. So when I saw your day that was the end of my rope. You know I heart you all the time.

I can't tell you how I understand. I am so so so so so so very very very very very tired. What the reward I get is to say got another day down. After awhile the exercise and the have another day is just not enough. I need more.

Besides my bad day that is all my own fault. I procrastinated and have nobody but to blame but myself. I feel different in my journey. I feel as if I have set myself up for failure. I don't know how to change that. xoxoxoxo You know you are so uplifting even when you whine. Whine away its your post. In fact I am going to go over to my post and whine away as well. I know we feel bad about it like we should really be more uplifiting especially given as many that read but we need to keep it real. Maybe tomorrow we can find something more fun to talk about. Maybe vacations we have been on?? xoxoxo
    Sounds like a plan.... I will start thinking of my favorite vacations as conversation starters for tomorrow. I hate it when I feel down, and I hate posting when I am down, bc I do feel like so many people are reading it... I feel pressure to be uplifting. But I have to remember, that's not why I came here. I started my own thread at max level whining! It IS better, it's just not what I hoped. And dave says keeping it bottled in is the wrong thing to do. So, I either take it out on my loved ones at home, my co workers, my extended family (HA!) or this keyboard. The key board is just gonna take a beating.

I'm sorry I let you down with another down day. I really am just ticked off that the attempts at positivity I have tried this week, have nearly all been met with resistance, stress. Just sick and tired of it all. But this i where I came to complain in the first place. So be it. I do try to post positive in between the negative though! Just when I come out of work, I have used up all of my "fake" happy and have none left for the board. It comes back slowly the more time I spend with kiddo, hubs. and the furkids.

Don't be sorry you did not let me down. I was just mad because somehow one of us was entitled to a good day. I did not have it so you should have had a good day. Between the two of us one should get to have a good day and I felt like you got robbed of a good day. You did not make me mad it was the light that we see is being taken away from us when we try so hard. Whats up with that????? I so did not feel like it but go in my walk in today. Since i did not have my friend walking with me I ran more and I went my furthers in the fastest time. Which is a good thing since I am gaining weight. Whats up with that???? Its probably do to the lack of motivation and not wanting to do anything.
    Sadmommy13 and Ilovemtndogs7 like this.

Mommy don't ever feel bad about not posting positive honestly I would rather only you and Dave read my post if it meant keeping them honest. I also feel that if we always posted positive then we are giving others false hope of how it is going to be. I read some old post prior to joining and they were all uplifting after 30 days so what I am experiencing is nothing like what I thought I was getting. None of the post mention about the anxiety on a daily basis or the weight that drags you down on some days. I used to think if we could just have one good day it would be so nice as it would give us a sign that its getting better. Now I am just greedy and want them all to be that way. What i really want is to have an anxiety free day. I heart you.....thank you for being here for me. I am sorry I went off on your post should have not posted when I was angry. xoxoxo
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Good night mommy I hope you sleep well and have a sweet dreams.. Big HUGS, and extra sun beams your way. Again sorry for being cranky on your thread. I heart you. xoxoxoxo.... Would love to go to Fiji.
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Ok You TWO.....Lets Pull it together.......Whine....Whine....Whine....What's Up with that?? Seriously....You DO need to keep it Real....and If that's how Your feeling right Now....Today....This Week...So be it!! Are You Both STILL fighting.....YES!! I have the utmost confidence that a Good Nights rest...and the weekend....No matter what the weather.....what ever the chores.....Will be Good for YOU TWO!! It Has to be....My 2 Years is Tomorrow......I think....I'm gonna have to go back and reread what day I flushed the rest of the BEAST!! I think maybe I flushed them on the 14th...without taking any that Day....which would make it Tomorrow..
    Listen.....You gals are right where You should be....Think about it again...How Long did You flood Your Brains and Bodies with the BEAST???....Now....How Long Have You been Clean??? I know you feel like giving up...like your NEVER gonna feel better!! I will say it again....I thought the same thing....Either of you ever consider trying a meeting?? Just a thought....You Gotta keep PUSHING through.....You know what kept ME going??? Well....for ONE...this Forum...But I also Do go to Meetings.....but....that's not what I was gonna say....What kept ME going in the darkest Days was......I'm 55....( then)......And I kept thinking....the ONLY way I'll ever know how It Really feels to be clean is......I NEED to Give MY Poor RECEPTORS an Honest Shot at Healing....Which for ME....I figured at least 6 months...to a year...and Maybe Even longer!! I thought....This will probably be My Last chance....cause I had Given Up So Many times before.....Why.....same as Most....Lost MY patience.....I Am So Glad Now....That I Didn't Give In to the Whispering Monster!! Believe ME....I felt and sounded just Like YOU TWO.....It IS HARD!! But....Give Yourselves a Chance....Please keep fighting Titans....One More Day In the Counter!! Stay Strong Mommy....and Happy Valentines Day!!...Balance...When we are not living in alignment with our values, we are out of "integrity" and life feels Out of Whack!! When we are in Balance, life runs smoothly and requires Less energy! When WE live addictively, we are driven by a Need for Instant GRATIFICATION...and if something works for US, then MORE is always better! Moderation and Balance are Not concepts we Excel at!! .....Sounds familiar ....eh??..xoxo
    Sadmommy13 and Sunshine1112 like this.

I guess I flushed on the 15th....but hadn't taken any since the 13th...So....Tomorrow Is 2 YEARS!! Whoot....Whoot!!!...Stay Strong You Titans!!.xoxo

timetogocold is offline Junior Member

I have came in to this knowing that everyday is not going to be rainbows and unicorns. This thread is here to help you and you should let it. While your post give me a outlook on how things could play out, it's up to me how I handle it.
    The biggest reason I like your thread is because you are still here!! It seems like so many come and go. I am a little shocked if people make it 10 days on here. I have only been here a couple days and there is only a handful of people that are active it seems.
    I do hope when you wake up and read this, that you see a unicorn galloping across a rainbow out your window! Just wanted to try and make your day a little better and know you have gained one more supporter in this journey.

Good night mommy I hope you sleep well and have a sweet dreams.. Big HUGS, and extra sun beams your way. Again sorry for being cranky on your thread. I heart you. xoxoxoxo.... Would love to go to Fiji.
    Fiji sounds good. Lets run away together! lol

I guess I flushed on the 15th....but hadn't taken any since the 13th...So....Tomorrow Is 2 YEARS!! Whoot....Whoot!!!...Stay Strong You Titans!!.xoxo
    So tomorrow, the board will celebrate. At least I know MY thread will. You have reached a milestone that seems impossible, yet giving us proof and hope that it can be done. So proud for you and of you! Go, dave, Go!
    davepeerson and Sunshine1112 like this.

Anonymous Guest

Mommy - please always post whether it's good or bad. People, like myself, need that. We need to know that this is real and as you said not all "rainbows and unicorns." Your rapport with Sunshine is good reading. It's always good to know you are here and keep on fighting the beast. We also need for you to let it out.

Wish we could all be with Dave today for one big celebration. What a victory and a goal for all of us to want to obtain.

I know today will be a better day for you. You are a strong person. Thanks for all of your support.

Good morning mommy. Today is all about Dave and his 2 years on my board and my post to you on his board. Wanted to be able to give him something so this is the best I can do. No whining out of me. All sunny skies today. Lol...if it goes bad I will have to post double on Sunday.

Where would be with out Dave???? If he had not told us.....like a much needed broken record I might add that it gets better I honestly don't know if I could have handled some of my bad days. I can't even begin to say enough about his Hallmark post. Every time we said Dave I need a hallmark post it was always there. Thank you Dave!!!!

Sunshine rays and good vibes from me to Dave, you, and all my other friends on this board.

xoxoxo

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DAY! All of us near and far have reason to celebrate today, for our dear friend Davep! Two years.... WOW. What an amazing accomplishment. Not just reaching two years, but staying around here to keep the rest of us in line when the bad days get to us.

He promised us nothing but the truth..... ups AND downs. No body ever said they were going to alternate, one after the other. We have been on a bad day streak but today we will be happy.... because Dave has said that if we keep going the route we are....we can be happy. He is our living proof an I could not be more grateful for having him around. I feel for him having to read our broken records of posts, but he does.

Dave has helped so many of us stay strong and accountable. Today will be a happy day, a davep day!
    "Ceeeeelbrate two years, come on!"(that was typed in singing form)
    Sunshine1112 and davepeerson like this.

Thanks Mommy....I posted over on Sunshine's Thread...Meant for the Two of You...But....I best throw one on yours too!! I am So Proud Of You Two....as well as Many others.....But You TWO have been Very Consistent in posting back and Forth.....Daily!! That has not only been Good for You Both....but Me....and So Many others!! Happy Valentines Day Mommy! I Really Hope and Pray you DO have a Good day today...Not just cause it's MY birthday...But Because You are a Titan....and should Feel Very Proud of Yourselves!! I am!! Stay Strong Ladies!!..xoxo
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

I second what Dave says Mommy. Love how you and Sunshine post and encourage. I obviously can't tell you enough how helpful that is and will continue to do so. Dave is absolutely right. You "should Feel Very Proud of Yourselves!!" Post when you can. I am thinking everyone is right. It is one of the important keys to keep us accountable. Now, over to Sunshine's.
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Mommy just wanted to say good night. Glad you had a nice valentines day. Big Hugs xoxoxoxo
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Thanks BFF for the hugs and good nights. I missed you today, but I am happy you now have a helping hand with your project, at least not to feel like its all riding on you. I honestly spent most of the day reading dave's thread. I just relaxed today. I needed to. But had never read all 30 somethings of dave's pages, so figured why not today? It is awesome the similarities to some of ours in his early days. He was up, then down, then up again. Biggest difference is that HE was almost always positive in nature of his posts. Even on his worst days,he was more uplifting then me. A true Rock Star. It was a good read and gave me lots of hope for the future.

One thing I learned from my reading today, that I like a whole lot:
    Do something nice for someone today. Even if it is just a smile.

xoxoxoxox to you sunshine, and everyone else reading. ending all my valentines love to each and every one of you ....... but YOU are my valentine, Sunshine

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast