Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Like Tree893Likes
Detox in full force, need help
    Sadmommy13 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lostnscared View Post
    Thank you so much! I will do that I am taking a hot shower every 5 minutes that seems to be the only thing that helps I am sure you remember lol.. Thanks again I'm nervous scared depressed and excited to kick this stuff and I can't wait till this is over.. I was worried that I would never be normal again..
    Sounds like fate has brought you to us for all the right reasons, Lost! This is the best place in the world for getting your FREEDOM back. So much advice and support here from others who have been where you are now. The physical withdrawals WILL pass, just like having the flu will pass. You will begin feeling better physically after about the first week. Until then, just take it one day at a time. Come here and talk to us. That is what we are best at.... support, accountability, and friendship. We are an army of Titans working to BEAT this DISEASE completely from our lives. To return to the happy "normal" people we were before we needed a pill just to function normally. Everyone here will understand and relate to your struggles. So keep talking to us! We love you already!

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Lotsnscared I ditto everything mommy said. You are in real good support. You will have age on your side at 25 and that can sometimes help in the big picture. Just stay the course by not taking and this will be over soon enough although it will seem as if time is standing still. Do you have items from the Thomas Receipe make sure you keep the fluids going plenty of water and gatoraide .
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Iwant2help is offline Junior Member

I have gone back reading post to catch up and I have to say seeing a friendship form to what will surely be a never ending bond between you two (sadmommy and sunshine) is truly awsome.Its easy to form a picture of you helping each other walk when the other gets weak.The strength and up beat attitude during such a struggle is inspiring to many.Pure awesomeness
    Sadmommy13 and davepeerson like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2help View Post
    I have gone back reading post to catch up and I have to say seeing a friendship form to what will surely be a never ending bond between you two (sadmommy and sunshine) is truly awsome.Its easy to form a picture of you helping each other walk when the other gets weak.The strength and up beat attitude during such a struggle is inspiring to many.Pure awesomeness
    Thank you for the post. It was so appreciated. Mommy is very special to me. I count on her even if it just a few words on a screen. It is a good thing that not only do we have support thru each other but we are helping others out.

Thank you again for the post!!
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2help View Post
    To borrow a davep quote from one of Sunshine's recent threads:
    "Some people come into our lives and Quickly Go. Some people stay for awhile, and move our souls to dance. They awaken Us to a new understanding, leave footprints on our Hearts, and we are never, Ever the same!!"

When I read this, I think about Sunshine. Giving me a reason, besides myself, to keep this battle going, even through the darkest times. No question, she is one of the people that FATE meant to come into my life at the perfect time, and move my soul to dance. There is a reason you came to this board when you did, just as there is a reason for the timing of my CT arrival, which paired up with the end of Sunshine's taper. The bonds here my be only in cyber space, but they are REAL. And I have to stay the course..... because that's the only way to keep the bonds I have grown to depend upon so very much. True strength through love for a "stranger". It is crazy, but very very real. I heart my Sunshine, my only real BFF
    davepeerson likes this.

Anonymous Guest

That was a beautiful post Mommy. I hope you have a great day today. I hope you have power! Geez. The whole country seems to have a weather related story. Stay warm, I'm sure you will not be teaching again today the way it sounds. Enjoy your time. Thanks for all of your encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadmommy13 View Post
    To borrow a davep quote from one of Sunshine's recent threads:
    "Some people come into our lives and Quickly Go. Some people stay for awhile, and move our souls to dance. They awaken Us to a new understanding, leave footprints on our Hearts, and we are never, Ever the same!!"

When I read this, I think about Sunshine. Giving me a reason, besides myself, to keep this battle going, even through the darkest times. No question, she is one of the people that FATE meant to come into my life at the perfect time, and move my soul to dance. There is a reason you came to this board when you did, just as there is a reason for the timing of my CT arrival, which paired up with the end of Sunshine's taper. The bonds here my be only in cyber space, but they are REAL. And I have to stay the course..... because that's the only way to keep the bonds I have grown to depend upon so very much. True strength through love for a "stranger". It is crazy, but very very real. I heart my Sunshine, my only real BFF
    Ditto mommy..... don't make me cry before breakfast. I heart you!!!!!!!xoxoxoxo.

It's so true how I depend on you and dave.
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Good morning mommy. I woke up at 4 but fell back asleep so a little late on this board today. Even when I woke up in the night I was thinking about you hoping you had electricity so you could stay warm. About to hit the project will check back in later. Xoxoxo

Where r u? Did power go out? I know you are home today.... Stalking you. I have to continue the project as I am running iit of time but this whole thing is getting to me mentally. No motivation today can't get things done when I feel pressure. Nothing done today except one toilet cleaned.....that's because a male in the house had an aiming issue. I need my walk but it's too cold.

Just saw you post two minutes ago.....back to your thread. Leaving in 45 mins to run erronds that I don't want to do.

I have mostly been posting on yours today! I guess not giving my own thread enough love made me look lost. I'm here! I'm here! No pill party to relieve the cabin fever!
    davepeerson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1112 View Post
    Where r u? Did power go out? I know you are home today.... Stalking you. I have to continue the project as I am running iit of time but this whole thing is getting to me mentally. No motivation today can't get things done when I feel pressure. Nothing done today except one toilet cleaned.....that's because a male in the house had an aiming issue. I need my walk but it's too cold.
    I had to LOL at the male with an aiming issue. Why is it so hard? The bowl is HUGE in comparison to the >>>>>>! I have never understood the difficulty. For obvious reasons, I guess.

Also posted a good bit to new thread by Lostnscared. He's in the middle of the worst. Been writing trying to help. I just remember exactly how he feels, omgoodness, it was awful. So, I posted a good bit there today, too, just trying to give back what others gave to me.... like you! xoxoxox
    davepeerson likes this.

Your the best mommy. Had my moment earlier but finally just got out of the house and got thru it. Still don't understand the anxiety posted on my thread about it. You write so well and you always know what to say. I don't know where iwant2help came from...he is all over this board helping others which is great!!!!! Its hard for me to help some as I have to feel connected and then I also like to follow thru and continue support and can't keep up with everyone. But thats ok if we all pay it forward there are enough of us. I think i posted on his as well but sometimes when you post before me....I just want to say yea thats my bff so everything she said I ditto that......no....but I do try even though it can be hard to type after you and I mean that as a good compliment. I heart you!!! Are the schools open tomorrow? xoxoxoxo
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

I feel what you're feeling one hundred percent. Usually during the weekdays, you're the one posting all over with sun beams giving support to the new folks, while I havta be at work. We are a team! I cover when u can't, you cover when I can't! We have too many people following us now, time to dig, dig, dig

Not sure yet about schools tomorrow. Local schools are open. But our college has several campuses, some farther north, so only open if all campuses are safe to open. My gut feeling is yes, we will be going. It's not so bad on roads hubby said.,
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-17-2015 at 09:41 PM.
    davepeerson likes this.

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Your Both doing a Wonderful Job of Giving Back!! Some Days it's easier than others.....I mean we DO have lives....and it's Nice when others step in to help out...especially when some others don't have the Time.....I Try REALLY hard these Days to Post Daily...But sometimes .....Just Can't?? Just remember....Hard for me To.....But.....Sometimes WE only Need to send a sentence or two...Just to let someone know that WE Care....and are Here!! I'll check back once more before Bed...Time for this addict/alcoholic to hit a Meeting!! Stay Strong Titans!!.xoxo
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Sometimes I will read a few of the things you post to hubby. Only the funny stuff or like the science conversation or the scholarships. He did not understand the braid thing. So I am going to tell him about the dig dig dig thing. He should get a real kick out of it. The funny part is that he has given me strict instructions to leave him out of my post. Not aloud to speak about "our stuff" or "him"......yea right hubby.......whatever.......
    Sadmommy13 and davepeerson like this.

Sometimes I will read a few of the things you post to hubby. Only the funny stuff or like the science conversation or the scholarships. He did not understand the braid thing. So I am going to tell him about the dig dig dig thing. He should get a real kick out of it. The funny part is that he has given me strict instructions to leave him out of my post. Not aloud to speak about "our stuff" or "him"......yea right hubby.......whatever.......
    Never have you been anything but positive about your hubby! Sometimes they may get on our last, thinnest nerve possible , but it seems they both care very much for our wellness and happiness in general. Yes, he should get a kick out of the fact the all of us now chant.... dig, dig, dig... on the days we can't find the drive and motivation to keep going. He has inspired us!,how about that!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-17-2015 at 10:42 PM.
    Sunshine1112 likes this.

Your the best mommy. Had my moment earlier but finally just got out of the house and got thru it. Still don't understand the anxiety posted on my thread about it. You write so well and you always know what to say. I don't know where iwant2help came from...he is all over this board helping others which is great!!!!! Its hard for me to help some as I have to feel connected and then I also like to follow thru and continue support and can't keep up with everyone. But thats ok if we all pay it forward there are enough of us. I think i posted on his as well but sometimes when you post before me....I just want to say yea thats my bff so everything she said I ditto that......no....but I do try even though it can be hard to type after you and I mean that as a good compliment. I heart you!!! Are the schools open tomorrow? xoxoxoxo
    I like to post to others when I feel I have enough positivity to be beneficial. Sometimes, I imagine I start to sound like dave, and that makes be swell up like a lion. I hear myself writing things to others that the experts & clean folks initially write to me. That makes me feel really, really good. Bc I remember when just seeing a response from someone on this thread made me feel hopeful.... like someone, anyone, could understand.Now I know that thousands of people understand! and honestly, it makes me feel better to give some of that advice back to new comers than it does to do just about anything else. I feel for those in wds so very much, touches me deep bc I remember all too well what I felt like.... dying and hopeless just about sums it up. Then people like you and dave came along, and made the journey a bit more bearable. Just trying to be one of "those" influences whenever I can.

I heart you, always, thru good days and bad ones. I hope you sleep restful tonight. School tomorrow, but I'll pop in every chance I get, as usual! xoxoxox ((((HUG)))))

Good night mommy. I hope you sleep well and when we wake the sun will be out!!! xoxoxoxo

Sending you nothing but wishes of beach dreams,sun beams, suntan lotion smell, dancing on the beach after hours, and of course.... piggy braids. xoxox until the morning. I heart you. xoxoxox

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Goodnight Mommy and Sunshine.....Another Day Down....Another Victory!! I love it....The smell of the Ocean beach....Sunbeams..The Smell Of Suntan Lotion.....Dancing on that beach after hours...Sounds like a Great Vision to keep in My head....Feels Good!! Hope and Pray You Both Sleep well....and wake up to a little sunshine........I will try to send some from out West!!..Stay Strong My Titans!!...Intuition...Intuition is an inner knowing, a direct perception of truth without rational evidence that proves it to be so! Intuition communicates in pictures, gut feelings, hunches, or flashes of insight! This internal guidance system is something that we are all born with to help us achieve success in Life! Now that WE are in recovery, if our intuition warns Us not to do something, we need to listen, or we may end up Feeding our addiction!! Our intuition Grows steadily Stronger the more we Learn to trust it!!...Sweet Dream Titans...Dig....Dig.....Dig....xoxo
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davepeerson View Post
    Goodnight Mommy and Sunshine.....Another Day Down....Another Victory!! I love it....The smell of the Ocean beach....Sunbeams..The Smell Of Suntan Lotion.....Dancing on that beach after hours...Sounds like a Great Vision to keep in My head....Feels Good!! Hope and Pray You Both Sleep well....and wake up to a little sunshine........I will try to send some from out West!!..Stay Strong My Titans!!...Intuition...Intuition is an inner knowing, a direct perception of truth without rational evidence that proves it to be so! Intuition communicates in pictures, gut feelings, hunches, or flashes of insight! This internal guidance system is something that we are all born with to help us achieve success in Life! Now that WE are in recovery, if our intuition warns Us not to do something, we need to listen, or we may end up Feeding our addiction!! Our intuition Grows steadily Stronger the more we Learn to trust it!!...Sweet Dream Titans...Dig....Dig.....Dig....xoxo
    Dave I like the intuition post!!!! I will remeber that!!! As I have always believed in that gut feeling however never really thought about making sure I pay attention more so now. Thanks for that post Dave.!!!
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Good mornong mommy. Have a good day!! Sending good vibes. I know when my husband says dig dig dig which I swear is like the only thing he says during games...mostly he is quiet with allot of hand movements telling the kids to stay, advance., back up...etc. So now I can see me getting a big smile on my face everytime he says that. Hopefully they make it to base or I will have to hurry and switch off that big smile!! Big hugs your way!!!
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

I can see you now just smiling in the bleachers every time he says it..... come on spring and ball season! I am glad hubby took off to help finish up the project. I bet it will be a huge weight lifted once this project is finished and done. I can't imagine it hanging over your head for so long. Just think.... a few more days andit will be done, right? Didn't you say had to be done by saturday?

I wish mommy. I feel like if I could get it done then it would be a huge weight lifted even if I could see some light. That goal is the shopping goal then we have to turn the receipts in and match every item on each receipt to a list of 2000. The insurance company won't even give me there report on excel....I am on the old system. They need to put me in the new system..... I had to dig dig dig today. All my will power today. I got no shopping nothing done today. It is so cold and we had some snow flurries. Not that the roads were not ok but its so cold and no sun except Tiger sent a sunbeam and I got it so for about 5 mins....that was it.... xoxoxo

Anonymous Guest

Sunshine - I did not know or understand what you were going through with your insurance company. I am really sorry you are going through this. I will tell you, do not back down for one cent with the insurance company. Be strong like you are with all of us. You know you have our full support and hope that you will get this wrapped up very soon. I cannot even imagine. Hang in there.

Yes we had a fire almost two years ago. Dealing with everything about it is a nightmare I just want to wash my hands of it all. This whole thing has beat me up. I survived the Fire but then it was the rebuild that did me in.....dig dig dig. I am trying. So glad this day is almost over!!!

I know a day of gloomy cold weather makes everything so much harder.It is just too cold for me to want to do much of anything except what is absolutely essential. I would much rather put off the things that cause me anxiety, and just ignore it. I think that is part of what the pills helped me with.... putting off things I didn;t want to deal with, no matter how big or small. I sure hope that having hubby around these next 2 days will lessen your stress about it, and get this done once and for all. Sun came out here today.... didn't melt much of anything... freezing cold still, but maybe thatmeans you will have sunny skies tomorrow.
    Sunshine1112 likes this.

Lostnscared is offline Junior Member

Sadmommy13 you are a saint I've been reading your posts on your thread and I can tell you went through exactly what I'm feeling now and I just wanna say thank you so much.. It truly IS amazing what the love of a "stranger" can do!
    Sunshine1112 likes this.

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast