Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree893Likes
Detox in full force, need help
    Sadmommy13 is offline Senior Member

So, I have to vent for a minute....

Hubby didn't come home :/ It's not uncommon for him to just leave if we are fighting, like I said last night, we don't like kiddo to see the fighting and usually agree to just separate until she goes to bed. But she went to bed, yet he did not come back. I would say the roads were bad, but no ice started until well after midnight..... Believe me, I know..... I was up....needless to say.... worried. His absence did NOT contribute to my having a good night's rest, that is for sure!

Without the cell phone I cannot text or call. He would have had to go into work this morning no matter what. So I am a bit stressed, about both his safety and his absence. Even in the past when I was on a Mr. Hyde rampage for pill contributing reasons (meaning when I WAS definitely in the wrong and probably deserved to be left)..... he still came back. Yesterday, I was just in a funk over going all day feeling disconnected without my phone. I wasn't attacking him for anything, just wanted to be allowed to pout for a while. Ah well. As long as he is safe, that is all that matters. But without a phone...... the worry definitely has a focus today.

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Oh mommy. I am so sorry that's a hard one. We just came back to the house for a few minutes and wanted to see how you were. Try and not worry. I Am sure he will be home soon. I wish there was something I could say to help ease your worry. At least you are nice and warm with kiddo. Does he check his email on phone? I am sure he is ok. Gtg I will check back in this evening. I am sending you all good spirits your way and thinking of you. Big hugs. Xoxoxoxo I am glad you are at least holding up.
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

I'm sure he is fine. He doesn't even have an email address.... may have had one a while back but he doesn't check it. Aside from calls and texts, he really just plays games on his phone and never uses a computer otherwise. But I just have hurt feelings regardless. He will come back eventually. I just hope I can
    take the high road". Leaving me stuck here with no phone at all, we don't have a land line, just the cell, seems like that could be a reason for him to come back, even just to check if we are okay. There is no way for me to contact anyone except by computer in the event we needed help. Not very nice. I am trying hard to keep cool and not be insensitive. Not easy today, though. I'm still digging though!

He is home. I am, of course, relieved he is okay.... but now instantly ticked off, I can think of many stronger adjectives to describe how I feel at the moment but if I said them my post would be deleted for swearing, lol. I can't deal with this kind of mental discomfort at present. Lord, grant me the strength to let go of the anger,to take the higher road and try to be empathetic. I know it only hurts me to be angry. I know this. But my feelings are just plain hurt, crying, crying, crying. I can't even stand to look at him, now that I know he is okay, the anger has set in. I am far from perfect, far far far from it, but I did not deserve THAT kind of worry to be on me today. I know he has no idea whatI have gone through these last weeks, and I know he has helped and taken care of us, and is probably also at hits wits end. I am SOOOOO trying to be understanding. Just can;t dig hard enough, don't think I'm gonna make it to the base this time, no matter how much digging I can manage.

The store where I can replace me my phone is a trip down icy interstate roads that are closed at the moment. Plus, am supposed to go back to finish the fence at mom's tomorrow, It is a drive south so road safety I cannot use as an excuse to put it off another weekend. Long road trip, beast temptation, I just don't know how to manage the pressure. I am so bad a coping right now!

I know I am not alone, bc of all of you holding me up. But I feel very much alone and desperate. Glad there is no medicine cabinet around here...... Praying for my strength and optimism to reutn ASAP.

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Breathe Mommy.....Take some Deep Breaths.....I feel for U...But your right....YOU are Not alone!! And Your also right....being Angry ONLY hurts You!! One of the Biggest things they teach US in AA....and My Sponsor is always drilling Me with....is....letting go of Anger...Resentments....etc!! That is the Number One thing that makes someone feel justified to relapse...??...Used to be MY Number One Trigger...Get Upset with someone....usually involved in a Relationship....and what would I do....take it out on Myself....Then would feel even Worse....Still Upset with whoever...Plus messed Up My sobriety/clean time!! It is Very Powerful.....Try Very Hard to Let it Go....and DO TAKE THE HIGH ROAD!! Dig....Dig....Dig....Mommy.....You Can do it...Say a prayer for HIM!! That someday he will understand a bit more of what YOU are Really Doing here....what Your REALLY going through.....But....If anything....Just Take care of YOU....Cause nobody else can....Not Him.....US....anyone but....You...Mommy!! I am saying a Prayer for You!! Stay Strong Mommy...you ARE a Titan!! Remember that....You are strong!!..Awareness...Be conscious of Who You Are and the Impact of Your actions...and Make better choices! Awareness is the first step in making any Change in our lives!! With awareness Our eyes and hearts are Open and WE can make any adjustments we need to in order to Keep Growing!! .....xoxo
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-20-2015 at 04:28 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Mommy - all's that I can do right now is shake my head yes, very rapidly, agreeing with Dave right now. Please stay strong. You have us. We are hugging you tight with a cyber hug. I know that anger only too well. Don't let it consume you. This is a moment, not a life time. Know we adore you and are here for you. Read Dave's post over and over. I am... You can overcome this. You will.
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Thank you. I am trying to imagine you all literally sitting here holding my hand right now. I am just keeping my distance for now, until I can move forward and communicate to him with the right mindset. But to be honest, I have not stopped crying for an hour plus. Trying very hard to rebuild my playlist on the laptop. I am not really sure how to access icloud. Feels like I am starting over from scratch, i the meantime, looking for some new stuff. Passenger "Let her go" hit me pretty hard, but in a good way. Getting the emotions out..... that is definitely the theme for my day.
    davepeerson likes this.

Good Mommy!! Cry....and Cry some more...Something WE probably didn't Do much of when We had OUR Crutch....The BEAST!!!....It would just numb Our feelings for a time....until we either Took More...or dealt with whatever was Going On!! Staying away right now....nothing wrong with that!! He probably doesn't get this either....You not Confronting Him right away.....Nice Job Mommy!! Keep that imagination alive....WE are ALL their....Giving You Big Cyber Hugs Right Now!! Stay Strong Mommy!!...be back in a few hours to check on You.....Meantime....Dig....Dig.....Dig.....You Got This....You ARE A TITAN!!!.xoxo
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Yes, I think without a doubt it has turned him into a tailspin that I did not just blow up when get arrived. That would have been my usual "Mommy on pills" reaction, but a no-go this time. I have remained clam in hs presence, I have done nothing more than answer questions asked of me, then retreat to a safe distance. Kiddo does NOT deserve to be in the middle of this. That is my number one goal. To make sure miniimal damage caused.
    davepeerson likes this.

Mommy dig dig dig. You can not fall....if you fall it would be like giving me permission. I use your strength upon me. You are handling this so well. I am so very very very proud of you.

First I want to say I can't believe I was not here for you. I am on this board all the time and of all the days. I am so thankful Dave was here. I think that you two handle your fights so well as it not in front of kiddo but it allows you to calm down. Of course you are upset and of course your feelings are valid as I would have felt the same way. My husband did that to me and I know exactly how you feel. Sorry mommy this has nothing to do with you being off pills and how you feel or being fragile these are every day emotions and you are entitled to them. Like Dave said it is how you deal with these emotions, what you do with them, and how you decide you are going to take that next step in dealing with the situation that matters. I am going to be around keep beating the keyboard if you need it Stay calm and breath!!

I know how important your playlist was but its a very very very easy thing to get back. You know all the songs as you have listened to them over and over again. Don't stress out on that. It may take a little time to get it all back on the phone and download again but its not worth stressing over. I love the song Let her go its one of my favs Its on my playlist as well.

I heart you and I feel bad I was not here earlier. I am checking in all night!!! Big big big big hugs. Extra Extra sunbeams your way tomorrow. I am stomping up to the weather gods and telling them that you need sun!!! xoxoxoxo
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-20-2015 at 08:26 PM.
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Thank you, but do not feel bad at all. You have enough on your plate. And I wouldn't wish anyone to sit around and listen to me whine and cry. I called the phone store, to find out what to do. Nothing I can do except buy another one. Hubs SAID he got insurance but apparently he did not. I had the phone in a lifeproof case but did not have the earplug screw sealed in, bc I use my ear buds so often I just forget to put that little screw back in. I don't have the kind of money I need to replace the phone at the moment, esp not after the driveway tax issue last week. Still trying to recover from the Christmas months & had to fill he propane tank again this week.... omg it is insane how much it costs and I don;t have anything to pay that either. I am so sick of this. Why put myself through all of this if I am going to be broke and miserable anyway? So tired. And at the moment, not talking to hubby at all. He wants to "explain" where he was last night and why.... I could care less honestly where he was. All that matters is he was not HERE..... at all, ALL night long.I am weak, tired and sad. But do not feel bad for being busy today. I'm actually happy to have spared you from the distress. I hope you had a good day!

Mommy I am so so so sad for you. I wish I could send you a new phone.....I would get you one if I could....lol...sorry its not on my "list" of insurance items. If I had been smart we would of let the phones burn instead of grabbing them and calling 911. If I was there I would say a whole lot more to make you feel better. You are correct it doesn't matter where he was. All I can say in this situation and not that what I would do is correct because I am by no means correct in what I do. But I don't think I could even speak to my hubby. I think worry turns into, anger, then to hurt. You need time to process this.

These are those times you get a curve ball and have to be strong. I did pretty good with the loss of the job thing but you are handling this really good. I know it doesn't feel like it but this is real emotion that we have to feel now. The good think is day almost over and you get to go to sleep and tomorrow is another day. Your my friend and I don't want you to ever feel like you need to spare me the distress. Thats what friends do we lean on each other. We all can't have great days even people who never did opiates and we all need friends to be there for them to have someone to listen. So I am happy and honored that you want to tell me and to be here for you as you have been here for me so many times in the past. xoxoxo
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-20-2015 at 09:55 PM.
    davepeerson and Sadmommy13 like this.

Wow Sunshine...It's like you were reading My Mind....My Post on Your thread sounds a lot alike....The curve Ball....Feeling emotions???...Since I'm here....Hope You sleep WELL Mommy....and Know You are Loved from afar....By Many Cyber Friends!! Things WILL get Better....Just Keep KNOWING that....You had a Rough couple of Days...But they Will turn....And Ditto Sunshine....I would send You a Phone too...If I could!! Keep Digging Mommy....You are One Strong Titan....and WE Need You!! Check out Sunshine's thread for Your Quote of the Night....Stay Strong Mommy!!....You've been tested....and are Passing!!...xoxoxo
    Sunshine1112 and Sadmommy13 like this.

TigerLily32 is offline Senior Member

Mommy I am hugging you and holding you up in prayer. Husbands can be infuriating and really get your blood boiling!! My hubby is the one and only that really makes me miss the beast. Just cuz it numbed me to his dumb*** ways. I feel for you and respect you SO much for keeping your child out of the crossfire.
    Phones are so expensive. Last time I dropped and shattered mine I had no insurance and it was 700 for a new iPhone! Verizon has a lease plan. New phone for 30 a month on top of your plan. Do you have verizons out there? I have a iPhone 4s just needs a new backing. Cost about $50 to replace. I'll Mail it to you if you want it.... It's all yours just say the word!
    XOXO
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Mommy I am trying so very very very hard here. I am so being tested to just be supportive and not give my opinon but I am a girl so I am failing the keep my mouth closed and just listen and be supportive test. I really just want to be supportive and tell you to forgive like Dave said and he is correct. But for one night honestly...its not acceptable and you need to make sure in the nicest way to hubby because remember he is your rock and you will get thru this. So in a nice way you need to let him know that this is unacceptable and this you will not allow. This is not what marriage is about its not fair to have you worry like that especially when you have no phone to call. Ok sorry did not want to give my opinion but I feel a little better. Just want to stick up for you because what he did was unacceptable and wrong. You are my friend and he needs to start acting like your rock and get back to his hubby duties. I am sure it was an accident and he will never do it again so you need to forgive and get over it....then let it go...... and you will feel better. Just put it out there and then let the whole thing go when you can. Big hugs xoxoxo
    Sadmommy13 and davepeerson like this.

Y'all are awesome. I am doing the bouncing thread thing again.... so just replied, probably sounding quite desperate, to Daves post on your thread.

I can see that you all hear me falling apart..... and what happens, an army of posts show up that make me feel less alone. THANK YOU ALL. I feel better just bc of your hugs, seriously seems I can feel them.

And, Sunshine.... I am not speaking at current time. The unexplained going MIA, esp during a winter storm while I have no phone, it IS unacceptable. It will be addressed, soon as kiddo falls asleep. I am NOT looking forward to it..... but again reading and re-reading the words from all of you as if they are my gospel. I CAN DO THIS. Peacefully. THAT is what the beast took from me, the ability to do that. Now I will prove I have it back.

Have a new "mini playlist" going full blast in repeat.
    davepeerson likes this.

good night mommy. I will be thinking of you and will try and check in tomorrow but don't know if I have access tomorrow as we are at the science completion tomorrow. xoxoxo big hugs....let it go...be calm. I am sorry I should not have given my opinion but I was hurting for you. love you.....xoxoxoxo
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Good night Mommy!! I will be thinking about YOU Big Time Tomorrow....Please....Please...Be Strong....A Titan!! Hopefully You will have Strength to get through whatever comes your way Tomorrow!! Just Know ALL of US will be with You....in thought at least!! Hope and Pray whatever happens tonight with hubby.....it ends with Peace and Love....Stay Strong Mommy!! I am sending You all the Strength I can Muster!! Don't let the BEAST back into YOUR life!!..xoxo

Good luck at the science competition! I will also be MIA bc have to travel back south to finish the fence. Tomorrow will be the only decent weather day they will have for a while.So, headed back to the source and depths of temptation. I'm not worried, so you don;t be either. Just enjoy the competition. I'd say I will check in from my phone,but...... don't worry. I'll find SOME way ti post. And I will hold myself together tonight at the same time I am firm sad strong. This man has no idea what kind of TITAN he is dealing with now!!!!
    davepeerson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davepeerson View Post
    Good night Mommy!! I will be thinking about YOU Big Time Tomorrow....Please....Please...Be Strong....A Titan!! Hopefully You will have Strength to get through whatever comes your way Tomorrow!! Just Know ALL of US will be with You....in thought at least!! Hope and Pray whatever happens tonight with hubby.....it ends with Peace and Love....Stay Strong Mommy!! I am sending You all the Strength I can Muster!! Don't let the BEAST back into YOUR life!!..xoxo
    NO worries, Dave. I will he heading back to face the beast tomorrow,, but I'm not worried. I have learned so much from you, and from this forum in general. I know taking one won't help anything. Tomorrow will not be easy..... but it WILL be successful. I will not ever let you guys down. No matter how weak I feel... it is just a feeling.... and I am SO much more powerful than a feeling. Thanks to all of you.
    davepeerson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1112 View Post
    good night mommy. I will be thinking of you and will try and check in tomorrow but don't know if I have access tomorrow as we are at the science completion tomorrow. xoxoxo big hugs....let it go...be calm. I am sorry I should not have given my opinion but I was hurting for you. love you.....xoxoxoxo
    Your opinion is exactly what I WANTED to hear. That my anger is at least okay and normal. It is not okay to just check out on your family. Nothing you said did anything but make be feel more right. And it is gonna blow his mind to meet this Titan of conversation tonight. You all hold me up. I've beaten fa harder of battles already. I will beat this one, too.

Enjoy tomorrow! iIt will be fun! I'll find someway to check in.... nut heading to mom's to finish the fence. Don;t worry. I am still a titan. I will still be tomorrow, and the day after that.
    davepeerson likes this.

You still around Dave? Just gimme a quick quote from one of your cards. I feel like choking this husband of mine.I am trying so freakin' hard to be peaceful, being met with nothing but the opposite. Omgoodness. Can you please explain men to me? I am 37 years old and already divorced once, yet I cannot understand the "just wait it out, she'll get over it attitude". wtf??? Surely not all men ae this stupid.
    Trout908 likes this.

Add Vance Joy Best That I Can to your playlists, along with Riptide. Lonely right now. Still a Titan, just a sad and lonely one. I could use a little time off, a vacay if you will, from this battle....... but I'll never get it, will I? Ahhh. Sweet release, I pray so hard for you to come visit me.....

Just wanted to tell you to try and have a good day mommy. Anger is normal.....not to find his stuff out on the front lawn......is amazong. Yes it only makes them more angry when you are calm. When ever I am calm in a fight makes my hubby even more mad because he can't get me worked up to blow the whole thing up on me in a fight. I have heard that excuse before....they figure why bother she will get over it....don't want to deal with it. I am sorry. I know you will stay strong. Try and have a good day mommy. Big hugs will be thinking off you all day. Xoxox
    davepeerson likes this.

I will be thinking of you all day as well!!!! Just posted good luck at the competition. Dodged one bullet already today..... raining too hard south for get any outside work done. So, not going to work on the fence today. Although this just means I will hear about the stress of the dogs getting out again all week..... eventually I will run out of excuses and will have to go finish the job. At least not today.

It's rainy and gloomy but at least no ice. I will find something to be thankful for. ........ no ice. Right now, that's about the only positive I can muster.

Hubby conversation never happened. I knew inside I was too worked up for it to be peaceful. So that is still hanging over my head. I have stayed calm so far, but have resolved nothing. It's eating me up, and I know that's not good. I figure it is better to be patient and have a peaceful conversation than jump into it while I am still angry and weak. But, he seems to be the one glad nothing is coming of it.... like expecting that I will get over it. And I guess I will. But forgiveness and forgetting and two different things for me right now. I don't want to keep it in just to turn to resentment. But I feel that's what is already growing. I just want to escape.

TigerLily32 is offline Senior Member

Mommy men can suck! I'm seeing now how I abused my pills to deal with hard parts of my marriage. It was so easy to take a norco and just let the issue go. Our brains have to learn how to deal with conflict and its hard (at least for me) my husband is a HUGE trigger to want to use. Don't get me wrong I love him to pieces but men are just plain different then women.
    I hope you find resolution today. You always grow a little closer after an issue and communicate.
    Thinking of you! Stay strong!
    davepeerson and Sadmommy13 like this.

Mommy I am sorry. I wish I had a magic answer on this but don't. Did you at least get out to see of you could get a phone? Glad you did not go to fix fence yes it causes more stress but sounds like this what not the weekend for a long road trip. i don't think we are going to stay for awards I so cold and it has been a long day sitting here. Actually I am so bored and I finally just got internet and a few minutes alone in the classroom to post. Will check in later. Xoxoxoxo
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily32 View Post
    Mommy men can suck! I'm seeing now how I abused my pills to deal with hard parts of my marriage. It was so easy to take a norco and just let the issue go. Our brains have to learn how to deal with conflict and its hard (at least for me) my husband is a HUGE trigger to want to use. Don't get me wrong I love him to pieces but men are just plain different then women.
    I hope you find resolution today. You always grow a little closer after an issue and communicate.
    Thinking of you! Stay strong!
    Ain't that the truth...... arguing with him was/is most definitely a trigger for my cravings. Men are definitely wired so very differently than women are. He acts as though he has no idea why I am upset, like "whats the big deal?" He says he slept in his truck...that is as far as the conversation has gotten. Okay, well it was like 5 degrees that night. His truck is my stepdads old, OLD truck.... in decent condition, but I am pretty sure it wouldn't run all night long (it has a few bad parts like fuel pump and such) Plus.... it has NO HEATER. Puh-lease do not tell me you slept in an uncranked truck from 8pm-6am in negative windchill temps. So once I heard THAT, which my gut feeling intuition tells me is a lie..... that just makes it even worse.

I just walked away, and now he has left again. I do not know where he went, and to be quite honest, I don't wanna talk about it, esp right now. He is normally very calm and even tempered, but today he had this harsh tone and kept calling me by first name (like how a mama says the kids full name when they are in trouble) when he ALWAYS calls me baby or some other term of endearment. Come on now, please gimme a break. He is currently making me want to scream..... you are an idiot.... but I am not!!!! lol
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-21-2015 at 03:14 PM.

I think hubby might be gone to see if he can get another one... I really am not sure where he went. I have talked to the ppl at Verizon, where my contract is, and I bought the insurance. So, worst case I get a new phone for 200 bucks instead of 700 bucks. But my last 200 bucks went to the driveway tax issue last week.... so.....

Used hubbys phone to talk to the ppl at the company for the Lifeproof case. But they say, the lifeproof case registration would be filed with Verizon, and they said it is not there. So Lifeproof telling me it is on Verizon, Verizon telling me its on Lifeproof. No one wants to replace it, so passing the buck between them. Looks like I'll have to buy a new one, and I can see moisture coming out of the little sim card hole, which I am thinking is not a good sign for recovering things from my phone. Like I said, the icloud always said it was full, but where the heck do I find this cloud without info from my phone? I dunno. Just at my wits end about it all.

So its a downer day for sure. I feel very weak and hanging on barely, if at all. I am ashamed of myself today, too, but not going to keep it inside, honesty and this board just go hand in hand..... I went digging through old purses again today, searching for anything..... because I am just not dealing well and that awful, awful, and totally untrue thought.... just one will make this go away.... that's ruling my thoughts. Of course, I did not find anything. So, still being a Titan, just not feeling like being one anymore.

Hope you get home safe and warm very soon. Glad you found a way to check in. Missing you, as always. xoxoxox

Oh Mommy....Sorry I wasn't still here last night to give You a Hallmark Post?? Sounds Like You have that Pit in Your Tummy.....the same kind I get....if Upset with the other sex!! I Am however glad that Your not going to where the BEAST is sitting in front of Your Nose....Not that I don't think YOU could handle it....Just not a Good Day for YOU to be tested again!! I Totally Believe in YOU Mommy....A lot of others that I've seen come and Go.....If this kinda stuff happens with them....they usually fade away....never to be heard from again.....which tells me....they Probably caved to the BEAST........But YOU are continuing to talk to US....getting it out....which.....as uncomfortable as it has been for YOU last couple days.....Is HUGE!!
    I don't want You to feel like I am taking sides....Cause I am a Man...So I don't wanna really give You any advice on the situation with Hubby.....I Do However Hope You can talk soon....only Cause of that feeling in your gut....called Anger and resentment!! It's taking any possible joy You Might feel out of your Day....And in the Early stages of recovery....that doesn't help.....as You already know....it's hard enough without having that anger pent up inside!! Now You said he left again....So....Can't talk if he isn't their?? And about his story on where he was....Do You Trust Him?? If So....I wouldn't worry about where he was....he'll tell you.....Just this Man's Opinion?? Meantime....I hope You crank up some Music.....maybe take a few Minutes To just be Quiet.....and Meditate best You Can.....Breathe.....And Think of the things You are Grateful For!! I am Grateful You Found US and this site Mommy!! I Pray things will work out soon....and You'll be feeling Much better....Sending Cyber Hugs back East!! So.....here is your Hallmark....Tried to pick something to help You..??
    Choice...Recognize alternatives, consequences, and ways to respond...and live more fully in the world! Choice is our ability to recognize alternatives and consequences. Choice allows us to exercise our freewill and make decisions that support us Moving forward while maintaining our integrity! As we grow spiritually, we learn that we always have a choice about how we respond to the things that life brings to us!! We can accept the Event, making the choice to work with it and move forward, or we can reject it, making the choice to stay stuck, resisting and resenting the changes that are occurring in our Life!!....I Know You will do what You need...when your Ready....and of course....the other half gets his B*&T back home....Stay Strong Mommy!! Just Remember....You ARE Strong....and Have the right Stuff to do what it Takes...xoxo
    Sadmommy13 and Sunshine1112 like this.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast