Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree893Likes
Detox in full force, need help
    Sadmommy13 is offline Senior Member

Ahhhhh, the relief of your hallmarks. Thanks, Dave. I do have the ability to help this go away, or help to continue it. I CAN be the bigger person. I know I can be. Just like you said, that anger in the pit of my stomach won't go away until I find resolution. Just being met with anger and harsh words from him makes it so hard to just sit down and calmly explain my feelings. Every time I have tried, the fighting starts, when I really FEEL like I tried to start the talk off right. I am battling. But, whether he deserves me to let it go or not, I have to. Heck, this had me digging for a crutch for the first time since week 1! This cannot be!

I am very grateful to have not had to travel to face the beast back home today. Some higher power was looking out for me, and at least keeping that from being an option. Because if I was looking around here already after he left again, had the fighting continued over the road trip, I can't say what would have happened if sis handed them to me again. Last time, it was an easy NO. Today..... I'm not so sure.

I DO trust him in the sense of being with another person. I know in my heart he was doing nothing like that. The area I have difficulty in trust is beast related. He still has connections I do not. And while he is not an addict like me, he has been a user. And he also knows the stress relief it would bring him. So, maybe..... I am just as angry as I am jealous. I feel like he was more likely to find a buzz than a lady.

When he returns, I will use every bit of Titan strength I have to do the right thing. Take the higher road, be the bigger person. I will make the right choice. Somehow. Thanks for the Hallmark and at least a man's input. I'm sure to him, I sound like the craziest female alive. But, I sure don't agree! Disagreements seem to be the theme for today, hoping I can turn this ship around. Thank you Dave. xoxo
    davepeerson and TheGoodSister like this.

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Nice...Mommy....Great Attitude!!...I will be around this board most of the day....Cause unfortunately, I am SICK!!...Gotta go pick up a Script for some anti-inflammatory pretty soon....But after that...be here...Keeping tabs On YOU...and others!! It's really nice to have this Outlet...I am forever Grateful for this Forum....and ALL the wonderful people I Feel like I've Met!! Stay Strong Mommy....You Rock!!.xoxo
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davepeerson View Post
    Nice...Mommy....Great Attitude!!...I will be around this board most of the day....Cause unfortunately, I am SICK!!...Gotta go pick up a Script for some anti-inflammatory pretty soon....But after that...be here...Keeping tabs On YOU...and others!! It's really nice to have this Outlet...I am forever Grateful for this Forum....and ALL the wonderful people I Feel like I've Met!! Stay Strong Mommy....You Rock!!.xoxo
    Yep, I got this. I will feed peace within myself, not anger. I attract what I am right? So, Imma pull it together. Do the right thing. I am too tough now to let this back me up.

However.... Soon as kiddo went down for her nap, I fell apart. Pillow took another soaking, I just had to cry. I think I just maybe started playing the wrong kinds of songs?? lol. Well...... Back to We Are the Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadmommy13 View Post
    Yep, I got this. I will feed peace within myself, not anger. I attract what I am right? So, Imma pull it together. Do the right thing. I am too tough now to let this back me up.

However.... Soon as kiddo went down for her nap, I fell apart. Pillow took another soaking, I just had to cry. I think I just maybe started playing the wrong kinds of songs?? lol. Well...... Back to We Are the Champions!
    Oh and also meant to say that.... I am sorry you aren't feeling good! I hope it clears up real soon ! Sending you what god vibes I can spare and a big get well hug.
    davepeerson likes this.

Melina123 is offline Senior Member

Hi Mommy! I see u have been having some frustration this weekend. Im just sliding in to give u a hug, and let u. know Im thinking of you. You ARE going to make it! xo
    Sadmommy13 and Sunshine1112 like this.

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Mommy I wish so bad I could be there with you hanging out and making things better but know you have been in my thoughts all day. It was hard to be away all day like this. You are being so strong, and I am so very proud of you. This weather just does stuff to us...its ok to cry. I would need a good cry and its good that you are crying. The truth be told even if you had a pill you would still be angry you would be up and down even worse. I know that is easy to say when I am not going thru this and I am sure you will need to remind me of this when I have a bad day. I can tell you this after being married for 16 years that you have your ups and downs and it is all part of marriage so you just have to try and work thru the rough stuff and enjoy the better times. I imagine he is avoiding you because you are being so strong and he is being weak. This is just a phase and you will get thru it.
    I am so proud of you. You need to get it out because like dave said its others that don't get it out and then one thing leads to another.

I am so sorry you are having a rough time. I really don't understand why or how they can charge so much for a phone. $700 for a phone....you can get a computer for that amount of money. Thats insane. The worst is when you have to spend that much for your kids to get a phone.... Big big hugs xoxoxoxo

Anonymous Guest

Mommy - you do have a good attitude. I like the phrase, I attract what am. Falling apart is a good thing at times. I think that is why I can't move on. I can't cry. Keep crying and get your emotion out. By looking at your success, I am thinking you letting it out is only for the good. Keep up your resolve. Dave is right. It's really nice to have this outlet and know all these wonderful people are here to support you. It's gonna be ok.
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Melina123 View Post
    Hi Mommy! I see u have been having some frustration this weekend. Im just sliding in to give u a hug, and let u. know Im thinking of you. You ARE going to make it! xo
    Thanks Mel! I will gladly accept that hug, and send you one back in return!I hope you are doing good!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1112 View Post
    Mommy I wish so bad I could be there with you hanging out and making things better but know you have been in my thoughts all day. It was hard to be away all day like this. You are being so strong, and I am so very proud of you. This weather just does stuff to us...its ok to cry. I would need a good cry and its good that you are crying. The truth be told even if you had a pill you would still be angry you would be up and down even worse. I know that is easy to say when I am not going thru this and I am sure you will need to remind me of this when I have a bad day. I can tell you this after being married for 16 years that you have your ups and downs and it is all part of marriage so you just have to try and work thru the rough stuff and enjoy the better times. I imagine he is avoiding you because you are being so strong and he is being weak. This is just a phase and you will get thru it.
    I am so proud of you. You need to get it out because like dave said its others that don't get it out and then one thing leads to another.

I am so sorry you are having a rough time. I really don't understand why or how they can charge so much for a phone. $700 for a phone....you can get a computer for that amount of money. Thats insane. The worst is when you have to spend that much for your kids to get a phone.... Big big hugs xoxoxoxo
    I would LOVE to have you sitting here braiding my hair while I vent! But, I suppose this is the Next best thing, right? I will close my eyes and pretend! I honestly depend on you to keep me on the uphill, and I did miss you today, as always. But I am glad you were out and stayed busy, even though the cold classroom was definitely not fair!

No updates on hubby situation, still not home...... guess he is sleeping in his truck? humph.

I'm holding up okay. I am definitely more calm and feel better after crying. Kiddo and I ordered pizza and are watching a terrible Barbie movie, but I'm just chilling out right now. I am not going to blow up on him around her..... so I will get to ruminate on this a while longer, even if he does come home soon. I saw enough of that when I was little and I don't want her to have memories of me like this. She's my guiding light and source of peace for now. I'm alright! Please don't let me bring anybody down will all this DRAMA, which I hate!!!! I think I'll go pop a vitamin, lol
    davepeerson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hope1211 View Post
    Mommy - you do have a good attitude. I like the phrase, I attract what am. Falling apart is a good thing at times. I think that is why I can't move on. I can't cry. Keep crying and get your emotion out. By looking at your success, I am thinking you letting it out is only for the good. Keep up your resolve. Dave is right. It's really nice to have this outlet and know all these wonderful people are here to support you. It's gonna be ok.
    Why thank ya, Hope. But I cannot take full credit for that one....just about any inspiring statements I have come from someone telling me the same from this board, lol. I'm just good at listening to them & repeating them to myself like mantras. I think (?) butterfly told me the "attract what I am" one. Dave also says "Your words become you!", different statement, same sentiment. I just try hard to make these ideas my new way of thinking.... but for someone as neurotic as me, I am having to try harder than I personally would like to

Mommy if I must admit I was very bored and pre 2015 would have taken pills...it was a new experience to sit there all day with nothing to do. I would love to come back and say it was so wonderful I saw everything so clear and was so happy and loved being free...truth be told it was extremely extremely boring and was missing that something. So weird for me...so different. It wasn't like it was a huge craving that i wanted to run. It was just not normal and had that I am missing feeling. There was one other parent in the room for a few hours but she left early. Then all the teachers left for 2 hours and I was in the room for a few hours by myself. I did not want to leave in case my son came back for lunch or needed something. So I was by myself. I finally found out the internet password the another teacher let me use the guest password they paid for. By the time I got it the kids were coming back and this is not the most discreet board when looking at the front page. Then we walked around and tried to find some food.

You know I would be braiding your hair. Saying hold this strand....way a sec let me get it better got to pull hard and make it tight. The tighter the braid the better. I was thinking when was the last time you worked out? It has now been a week for me. I am thinking of joining the gym I can't take not being able to work out but this week it was almost too much with me having this whole project on me and being under the huge time constraint. Maybe when hubby is home you need to take some time and hit the gym.

Yes if I was there....you would not be crying or angry we would be having a good time I would make sure of it!!!! We would be having a girls party with kiddo.....when hubby came home we would be off having massages....my treat!!! I just wish I could help you I hate this. Marriage issues are the worst. A women intuition is usually alway correct good news is you know what going on. I think you are so entitled to all the emotions you are having if you were not having these emotions I would know there is something wrong. He is in the wrong and knows he's in the wrong and not being honest with you about the situation. In my opinion it is not worth a conversation if he is not going to be honest with you as it will only upset you more. I know it sounds cheesy but what about a letter to him. Give him your half of the conversation in writing so you don't have to have the possible fight.....only if you think that will help you feel better. I just want so bad to tell you something to help and I know in reality there is nothing. But if I was with you I would have a smile on your face the whole time. xoxoxo I heart you and wish I was able to do something for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1112 View Post
    Mommy if I must admit I was very bored and pre 2015 would have taken pills...it was a new experience to sit there all day with nothing to do. I would love to come back and say it was so wonderful I saw everything so clear and was so happy and loved being free...truth be told it was extremely extremely boring and was missing that something. So weird for me...so different. It wasn't like it was a huge craving that i wanted to run. It was just not normal and had that I am missing feeling. There was one other parent in the room for a few hours but she left early. Then all the teachers left for 2 hours and I was in the room for a few hours by myself. I did not want to leave in case my son came back for lunch or needed something. So I was by myself. I finally found out the internet password the another teacher let me use the guest password they paid for. By the time I got it the kids were coming back and this is not the most discreet board when looking at the front page. Then we walked around and tried to find some food.

You know I would be braiding your hair. Saying hold this strand....way a sec let me get it better got to pull hard and make it tight. The tighter the braid the better. I was thinking when was the last time you worked out? It has now been a week for me. I am thinking of joining the gym I can't take not being able to work out but this week it was almost too much with me having this whole project on me and being under the huge time constraint. Maybe when hubby is home you need to take some time and hit the gym.

Yes if I was there....you would not be crying or angry we would be having a good time I would make sure of it!!!! We would be having a girls party with kiddo.....when hubby came home we would be off having massages....my treat!!! I just wish I could help you I hate this. Marriage issues are the worst. A women intuition is usually alway correct good news is you know what going on. I think you are so entitled to all the emotions you are having if you were not having these emotions I would know there is something wrong. He is in the wrong and knows he's in the wrong and not being honest with you about the situation. In my opinion it is not worth a conversation if he is not going to be honest with you as it will only upset you more. I know it sounds cheesy but what about a letter to him. Give him your half of the conversation in writing so you don't have to have the possible fight.....only if you think that will help you feel better. I just want so bad to tell you something to help and I know in reality there is nothing. But if I was with you I would have a smile on your face the whole time. xoxoxo I heart you and wish I was able to do something for you.
    Oh, you have already done plenty! You are my sun beam! Just reading your words can make me smile, even if it is about science competitions, braiding, projects, or Fiji. You make me feel better. So, just know you have already done far more than you know..... strength, patience, justification for my feelings, I could go on and on.

He just came home and started cleaning the house. I am almost laughing at how "right" I am. Who has this much energy at 8pm? Let's just say if my intuition was just "decent" while I lived in the fog....it has become pretty much spot on now. I can't say I really "blame" him.... I was digging around for one, too. I won't be jealous, because I don't WANT to be. I'm on the free side now. And whether he is or is not, I have a whole big army of Titans over here on the free side with me.... can I get a heck yeah?

I gave kiddo some of my chocolate stash.... we had a mini-binge, so she is loaded on sugar now and will likely be up a while. If the convo does not happen tonight, maybe I will write a letter. Definitely not something she is going to let me do at the present moment, lol. She is bouncing from playdoh to barbies to makeup to baby dolls..... everybody in my house is juiced up, except for me, LOL. It's all good. ALL GOOD.

I have only had maybe 3 gym days this last week, weather and kiddo being with me when I did go into work. I can absolutely tell that the week we had nice weather and I went every day, I had such better moods than I have had this week. I have been active though! Rarely does kiddo let me sit still for too long. But I need more exercise, asap. Tomorrow, I will OWN that gym and all of it's evil ab crunching contraptions.
    davepeerson likes this.

Ok on the positive side...let him clean.....that was one of my favs to do...if you know what I mean. So let him if something good has to come of it at least your house will be a little cleaner and its not like you have control of that pill he took so at least your getting something out of it.

I have been meaning to tell you.....ever since your chocolate story whenever things are a little on the rough side.. I eat some chocolate. I always think of you when I do....like you are helping me thru this chocolate... Remember that titan song.... the sun is rising. xoxox
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Nice to See YOU have Your "Sunshine" Back Mommy!! Glad the Hubby is Home as well....and Like That Sunshine said....Let Him Clean....probably partly Guilt Cleaning....But...Could also be From something else??..Either way....Let him Go...Kick back and enjoy yourself....You ARE on the winning side....anyone that's a prisoner to the BEAST is not FREE.....They may seem like it's all Good....and Maybe it is for awhile....But anyone who is addicted.....It doesn't last...and Some Day .....sooner than later....You have to Pay.....That's Just the Truth of It!! Have a Great Evening Titans....Just love You Two's connection....Very Inspiring!! Stay Strong Titans!!....Boundries...Honor yourself and others by letting them know ow You want to be treated...and find clarity and Self-Respect!!..xoxo
    Sadmommy13 and Sunshine1112 like this.

Oh I am ABSOLUTELY going to let the cleaning streak continue! I am playing barbies and watching Elsa sing. Just going to chill. And after kiddo does go to bed, maybe I will address it and try to talk. Just depends on how I am feeling at the time.... but I will not address it in an angry manner bc that will do nothing but fuel the fire in both directions. I cannot say enough what typing into this board does for me. I was FURIOUS, now I feel okay. Just like letting a wave pass. I CAN clearly express my feelings without flying off the handle.... which is something that 8 weeks ago (gotta be close to that, but I lost my counter app ), I really could not have done that. You guys are the best. I love you all and am sending big STRONG Titan hugs. Taking the higher road does feel better. Just take that anger and... at least for now.... "Let it Go"!
    davepeerson likes this.

Yes Dave I agree boundaries let them know how you want to be treated...... lol....for us always a princes...lol....being silly now.....you know mommy I love our silly time....
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

You TWO.....Silly....Nah.....Braids and all.....You Titans are the Best!!..Stay Strong Princesses!!..xoxo
    Sunshine1112 and Sadmommy13 like this.

TigerLily32 is offline Senior Member

Mommy I know the struggle of having an addict husband (like who am I to talk) but mine has had an on and off love affair with cocaine for 14 years. Now that I am not all fuzzy and pilled out I look at him and wonder if he's using. I don't want conflict and its a hard issue to address because he gets completely defensive.
    What I am getting at is I feel your pain!!! I'm so glad you have your daughter to love on and be silly with. Yes, LET IT GO! Although I prefer Olaf's it's summmmerrrr lol!
    Sadmommy13 and Trout908 like this.

Good night all. Sweet dreams my friends. I will be back in the morn to check in and trying to spread sun beams all around this board. xoxoxo
    davepeerson and Sadmommy13 like this.

Sleep well Sunshine. I posted a better goodnight to your thread.

Tiger- I am definitely feeling more partial to Olaf's Summer song, esp these days of way too much ice. My hubs actually has one of the most non-addictive personalities I have ever known. No one in his family drinks, smokes, nothing. He can hold a bottle of pills for weeks without taking one, forgets he even has them. But he also likes to have a good time. My family likes to have WAY too much of a good time, and every single person in it either is addicted to something or has been in the past. I wonder how much of it is genetic versus learned. Makes me hope kiddo got HIS side of the gene pool in that respect.

I get it that he is frustrated, too, and if he wanted to take a pill, he is a big boy and I am not his boss. I just don't want or need it around. He knows that, which is probably why he just stayed gone. I am like a radar detector for a fuzzy buzz, can sniff it out like a bloodhound, lol. I'll bet kiddo will never get away with using something and my not know!

Just wanted to end the night on a good note. Especially for the rest of you friends who have also had hubby issues. We talked, I insisted before it began that it would remain peaceful and productive or I was exiting the conversation again. No matter where he went Thursday, today he actually stepped up to the plate, redeemed himself. He drove nearly an hour to the Verizon corporate office, which is the only place there would be a record proving he bought insurance. Waited for a very long time to make the insurance claim. And my brand new iphone will be delivered on Monday. So.... that was a really nice thing. He recognized how devastated I was over losing it and not knowing or having the motivation to fix the problem. So he fixed it. All is well for now. I won;'t lose sleep over the pit in my tummy tonight. Forgiveness is easier when they go out of their way to fix what they can. Thank you all for listening and supporting me in my venting and desperation! I am sure it won't be the last time, but it is another accomplishment. Standing up for myself peacefully, and it ended okay. Thank you ALL so very much for showing me how to get to the higher road! xoxoxo and love to all of my fellow Titans
    davepeerson likes this.

Anonymous Guest

I'm glad you are going to get your new phone tomorrow Mommy. Enjoyed reading all the posts from last night this morning. We all are on different time zones, schedules, etc. I am such a grandma with going to bed early! I'm also glad you and your husband talked. I know that feeling of the pit in your stomach. Thankfully, it will go away as time marches on. My husband doesn't even know I am irritated with him. I honestly don't have the energy or determination to let it out. You, are doing the right thing, plus you go through it without a pill. Applaud. Have a good day Mommy. You are doing very well.
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Mommy I posted more on my thread. I am so happy you got it worked out. Yes the phone was an apology and with that you can't stss so it's good you have forgiven. Feels better and you sound better. And the house is a little cleaner. Need to figure out something with my house for cleaning......ughhhnh.....maybe I will stay in bed today. Raining, cold with no sun....really a do nothing kind of day. Will see.

TigerLily32 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sadmommy13 View Post
    Sleep well Sunshine. I posted a better goodnight to your thread.

Tiger- I am definitely feeling more partial to Olaf's Summer song, esp these days of way too much ice. My hubs actually has one of the most non-addictive personalities I have ever known. No one in his family drinks, smokes, nothing. He can hold a bottle of pills for weeks without taking one, forgets he even has them. But he also likes to have a good time. My family likes to have WAY too much of a good time, and every single person in it either is addicted to something or has been in the past. I wonder how much of it is genetic versus learned. Makes me hope kiddo got HIS side of the gene pool in that respect.

I get it that he is frustrated, too, and if he wanted to take a pill, he is a big boy and I am not his boss. I just don't want or need it around. He knows that, which is probably why he just stayed gone. I am like a radar detector for a fuzzy buzz, can sniff it out like a bloodhound, lol. I'll bet kiddo will never get away with using something and my not know!
    Now you are making me think! My daughter is screwed if it's genetic! My husband and his sister have substance abuse issues. Me (well duh) my brother who has a PhD loooooves his pills (although he can say no) and my dad too. For crying out loud for Christmas my dad gave me vicodin! OMG how dysfunctional does that sound. My mom on the other hand doesnt even know what weed smells like. Hopefully she gets my moms strict ways!!!

I admire you for being so calm with your husband. I have so many new role models on this forum, I feel truly blessed! Have a great day Mommy!
    davepeerson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily32 View Post
    Now you are making me think! My daughter is screwed if it's genetic! My husband and his sister have substance abuse issues. Me (well duh) my brother who has a PhD loooooves his pills (although he can say no) and my dad too. For crying out loud for Christmas my dad gave me vicodin! OMG how dysfunctional does that sound. My mom on the other hand doesnt even know what weed smells like. Hopefully she gets my moms strict ways!!!

I admire you for being so calm with your husband. I have so many new role models on this forum, I feel truly blessed! Have a great day Mommy!
    Well, I try not to worry myself about how badly I am screwing her up. I think about it like this: At least I am realizing while she is still young enough, to learn from the mistakes of MY past. As long as I can be objective, and use my own journey to visualize the paths of my parents, and siblings, and aunts, and uncles, and grandparents, then I am not only changing MY life here..... I may just be changing her destiny. I will teach her well. I will teach her from my hard lessons learned, I hope to be a firm, yet honest parent. I don;t want to shelter her, because the beast will always find your weakness if you allow even the tiniest hole. But I believe in my heart, as long as I use the wisdom gained from my mistakes, my family's mistakes, I do feel I can keep history from repeating itself with her. If I teach and prepare her for what obstacles she WILL be faced with in life, and teach her to be strong...born a Titan, whether it is genetic or not, she can overcome it.

BUT to be on the safe side, I'll still hope & pray she gets daddy's genes in this area. Better safe than sorry
    davepeerson likes this.

Your right mommy all you can do is teach them and hopefully they will learn and grow from the things you have taught them. It's there decision and hopefully they will make the right decision. I do believe as parents we can do everything we can and it still not be enough. There are way to many good parents that tried to do everything right and somehow there kids still got sucked into it. You just have to hope and pray they make the right decisions and you started them out in a good environment. That is our job to teach them and be there for them and the rest will be up to them. Hopefully like tiger said they got the better gene...but I think genes are not the only factor...it can be a learned behavior....or just even being percribed at the wrong time in your life when you don't want to deal with a hard life experience.
    davepeerson likes this.

Mommy jumped over to your thread to tell you to have a good day. Sorry i dropped out last night posted on my thread about it. We need to give Dave extra special post...he posted on his thread about losing a dear friend.....then I posted back and forth with him and it was bumped down. I know he is strong and you know Dave even found the positive in being able to help and be there for others....but I know he is still sad. So extra extra extra support and love for Dave in the next few days.

Yep, no question. Happy to give up the sunshine to Dave right now. But he is right.... talking about weather over on your thread (I think). It's like the weather has done a complete 180. South Eastern half getting hammered with winter weather.... sunny and pretty warm in Seattle. Weird crazy weather. But, like I said, glad to give it up if it raises spirits for our number 1 Rock Star!

But OMG these snowflakes are huge!!!! If I liked snow and ice, I would not have stayed south. I may just beam myself to the Caribbean.... oh how I wish!

Beam me with you mommy!! I like it whenwe have the same weather going on.....not when I get to here my forecast of more cold and precipitation

I've got a phone, I've got a phone, I've got a phone!!!! Whoot Whoot.

Not only do I have a phone again, it is an upgrade, too. My model was apparently the "old" version (which I got brand new in August.... ) What a scam that is, ya know? Buy a brand new phone, then in less than 6 months, it is outdated. So you can't upgrade without buying another new phone. I understand that technology advances quickly, but come on now. In August, Verizon provides me the discounted, nearly free, phone so I will sign a contract with them. I had not had any problems with it yet (aside from including it with the laundry) but if I had tried any updates to it, wouldn't have worked. So, in less than a year since I first got the phone, my version was "too old" to receive any updates anyway. Hence, my getting the newer one instead. Anyway, I am just rambling...... the point is..... I HAVE A PHONE AGAIN! A weather app, a watch, an alarm clock, a way to log in to my lifeline support addiction forum from work..... Oh Happy Day! I know it is a little thing, but I have felt so lost without it!

My sweet hubby is gone now to the Verizon store.... again,,,, to let them recover the pics and videos of kiddo. They said they could do it if he brings both phones in. So, I will get back her Christmas morning video and the best of the best Elsa performances. I must say, I a both pleased and impressed with his dedication to helping me fix this. He has redeemed himself... for the time being. lol

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast