Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree893Likes
Detox in full force, need help
    Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Mommy how is verizon getting back the pics. I had pics on my phone that I spilled a coke on and they said they were gone. Going to have to see if I can't find that old phone.

I am so happy happy you have a phone!!!!! YEA.....I was going to ask about it but thought better as you did not bring up having one so I did not want to ask... I so happy you have your life line back to everything. Maybe you can upgrade to a weather app that does not lie!!!! I have to be honest with you mommy.....I sometimes misplace my phone on purpose..just for a few days. I still have my iPad and internet connection that i could not live without and my lifeline connection here. Everyone knows if there is an emergency and they can not reach me call hubby. Hubby gets mad but oh well. Its different because I am at home most of the time and could not live without my iPad.

I am so glad hubby is being the rock you need him to be. So much better when we have them standing by our side. I am so glad you had the insurance. Mommy is back in HAPPY mood!!!!!!! YEA!!!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-23-2015 at 08:28 PM.
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Sadmommy13 is offline Senior Member

Well, well, well..... whatdaya know, there is yet another way we are alike. Everyone that knows me knows I do not answer the phone most of the time. Everyone in the family calls hubby to contact us. Honestly, until I started using this forum, I hated my phone. It means I can check work email, and get messages from students, and messages about fixing fences, calls about bills..... usually my phone brings me nothing but stress. Part of the reason hubby did not understand why I totally fell apart when I was suddenly without it. He was like "but you hate the phone". And for the most part, I do. But going through this process, it has become my lifeline. And I am so so so happy will have it back.

He has taken the phone to Verizon to have it connected, but also to the Apple store to recover the files and stuff. He had to make an appointment at Apple store. I am not sure if this is a contributing factor in them being able to recover the lost files, but the phone WILL come on for about 60 seconds if it is plugged in with the cord. Maybe that is how they can get the stuff back. Or maybe it is the mysterious "cloud". Plus, he isn't back yet with the phone, so I can't say for sure what will be recovered, but Apple said they could do it. I will let you know what they did once he gets home and explains to me and we see what actually came back.

Maybe its the mysterious cloud thing. I think I am going to have my daughter sync my apple products together. I just got a new mac as my other one got wet during the fire. That I did get back up so I have all my pics but all three products should sync together. Yes when you start using it for more than just text and phones calls its a lifeline. I have my iPad for that. I never answer my phone....people will get mad... I have been trying to get in touch with you. Now its so hard to say I missed your call. So I can I lost it. Another way we are so much alike you must have been my sister in a past life.
    Sadmommy13 and davepeerson like this.

Going to bed mommy good night and sweet dreams. I heart you! xoxoxo

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1112 View Post
    Maybe its the mysterious cloud thing. I think I am going to have my daughter sync my apple products together. I just got a new mac as my other one got wet during the fire. That I did get back up so I have all my pics but all three products should sync together. Yes when you start using it for more than just text and phones calls its a lifeline. I have my iPad for that. I never answer my phone....people will get mad... I have been trying to get in touch with you. Now its so hard to say I missed your call. So I can I lost it. Another way we are so much alike you must have been my sister in a past life.
    Seriously, it kinda does. When you write something, I will usually think " yeah, thats what I was going to say". We alike a lot of the same things, that is for sure. I heart you!

So, I got the phone. It is nice, but not my phone. Somehow synced to hubby and kiddos games, nothing is on it of mine- contacts, music, etc.. Booo. Nothing recovered from it yet pic wise yet either. I have to figure out "the cloud".Then that should sync to all of our phones and ipads, and they said it will all come back once I sync them. But I am just confused and frustrated by it all. Don;t get me wrong, I am GRATEFUL to have the phone and just contact to the world, but I would rather have my old phone back. This trying to figure out the cloud business is giving me anxiety already. I am giving it up for the night.

Hope you have sweet dreams of warm weather and Fiji! I heart you! xoxox

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Good Night Titans....Glad you Got your Phone....well....Not YOUR phone....But A Phone again!! You'll get it figured out....I had to go through all of that Twice in the last Year??? Took awhile....and I stressed a bit as well...But...try Not to get too stressed Mommy.....After all....It's Just a Phone....But....I GET IT!! You Two had a Good Day....at least in MY Book!! I would have to say....Maybe....Just Maybe...a few More Good days getting sprinkled in there.....Hmmmm....Maybe?? I know.....I know....Your Not where You'd Like to be....But....As You continue HELPING others...and reading their stuff.....and what they are going through in those First Few Days.....Tell Me You don't Feel Grateful for Being Far....Far away from that first couple days!! Keep Dig....Dig.....Digg'in Mommy....and Sunshine....You two Are Rockstars!! Stay Strong Titans!!..Tolerance...Accept others without judgment...and gain appreciation for all life! When We practice tolerance we make an effort to understand other's beliefs, practices, and habits, even if they are Not what we'd Choose!! When we learn to make a nonjudgmental stance, we cut off our negative thinking and we're able to reach a place of acceptance!! Practicing tolerance helps us to move forward in our Recovery because we are Free to focus on our Journey without being Stuck in Judgment!!..xoxo
    Sadmommy13 and Sunshine1112 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by davepeerson View Post
    Good Night Titans....Glad you Got your Phone....well....Not YOUR phone....But A Phone again!! You'll get it figured out....I had to go through all of that Twice in the last Year??? Took awhile....and I stressed a bit as well...But...try Not to get too stressed Mommy.....After all....It's Just a Phone....But....I GET IT!! You Two had a Good Day....at least in MY Book!! I would have to say....Maybe....Just Maybe...a few More Good days getting sprinkled in there.....Hmmmm....Maybe?? I know.....I know....Your Not where You'd Like to be....But....As You continue HELPING others...and reading their stuff.....and what they are going through in those First Few Days.....Tell Me You don't Feel Grateful for Being Far....Far away from that first couple days!! Keep Dig....Dig.....Digg'in Mommy....and Sunshine....You two Are Rockstars!! Stay Strong Titans!!..Tolerance...Accept others without judgment...and gain appreciation for all life! When We practice tolerance we make an effort to understand other's beliefs, practices, and habits, even if they are Not what we'd Choose!! When we learn to make a nonjudgmental stance, we cut off our negative thinking and we're able to reach a place of acceptance!! Practicing tolerance helps us to move forward in our Recoery because we are Free to focus on our Journey without being Stuck in Judgment!!..xoxo
    Your Not where You'd Like to be....But....As You continue HELPING others...and reading their stuff.....and what they are going through in those First Few Days.....Tell Me You don't Feel Grateful for Being Far....Far away from that first couple days!!

I was writing back to your response on sunshine's thread about my 8 weeks, before I read what you wrote here on my thread. Basically exactly what I said. I don't want to go anywhere bc I need to hear the fear. It is a real source of power, "the newcomers in the room". You are awesome dave. Hope you feel a bit better an have a happy sunny? day in Hawk country. xoxo
    davepeerson likes this.

Thanks Mommy....Your Awesome Too!!...Hope You sleep well....and your day is....well...at least not TOO Cold!! I AM feeling Much Better BTW....Thanks!! Sweet Dreams Mommy....you too...SunBeams...I mean Sunshine....hee.hee....Stay Strong Titans....until tomorrow!!.xoxo
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

I am officially going to speak with Mother Nature after all I am sunshine. This is getting to be ridiculous I need some sun and warmer temps. I wlll keep you updated as to our talk. Have a good day my friends hanging out trying to find a little motivation with no sun is not easy. Oh well. Anxiety needs to go away for the day. Xoxoxo

Well, looking at our weather forecast.... I think we must have ticked Mother Nature off or something. Seems she responded with a storm that is literally coming straight from me to you. It is even bending down there to you, when most fronts move the other way....... It's like we are being grounded bc of something we did wrong together lol. No sun, no outside time, just go and sit in your corner until I say otherwise. It is literally coming straight for the both of us. ugh.

Mother Nature wants nothing to do with us!!! She's mad!! Good night mommy. I hope tomorrow is better for both of us!! Did they close schools for you! Xoxoxo

They haven't announced anything yet. I know they are hesitant to close bc we have missed more weather days than had been built into the semester. So we will have to make up days, give up holidays, etc. for anything else we miss. It is supposed to start snowing here around 9am. They better not make us go in, just to be sent right home! It would not surprise me though! Hope you all stay warm and cozy. The anxiety I bet will get better once the vitamins kick in again! I hope so anyway!
    davepeerson likes this.

Just Had to put a Goodnight on Your thread as well...Mommy!! Hope Your weather Back their starts getting Better sometime soon......Thanks again for the Nice Post on MY thread....By You and Sunshine....Very Sweet!! Almost felt like You Both were their....I am Beat though....So Sweet Dreams to My Titans....and Better Day tomorrow!! Stay Strong Ladies...Rockstars!!..xoxo
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Good morning mommy. I was secretly hoping for that sun to shine....but mother nature is mad. That ground hog needs to be taken out at once. Don't worry about the senior dogs you have more than enough cats that can take him out. Today is going to be better for me. I need excercise....my excercise does not happen in extreme and wet conditions...based on the weather. Going over to my friend next door and using her tread mill today. Have a good day mommy xoxox
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Morning.... we were posting at the same time. Just sent my official daily good morning to your thread. That is a great idea to go use the treadmill. That will make you feel better, I just know it. The weather has not been letting us get in enough outside time. But I posted some good news about that on your thread! Soon, very soon, this nasty weather ship is gonna sail far far away! Bring on Spring!

We are home today, snow expected to start here real soon. I'll be around..... once again, pretending to do my online grading, lol. xoxox Stay Warm!!!!!

Hi mommy. I posted back to you on my thread but wanted to come over and give your thread a little love. Much better day for me....yesterday was not good at all. The snow was amazing....huge snowflakes. When I looked up it was like being in a snow globe. Our favorite thing to do during these ice/snow storms are watch the cars trying to make it up the hill. Road starts icing over and you need speed to make it up the hill but first you have to come around a corner and most of the time the cars just slide around spinning tires. Usually a mailbox is taken out. All the kids were in the neighborhood out playing. Hubby came up with using the boggy boards from the ocean for the kids to use for a sled. No school again tomorrow. I hope you had a good day and will check back later. I was happy to see sunshine was doing well.

I have good news!!!! Did you see how warm it is going to get next week!!! I think they said one day it will get up to almost 65!!!!!! I think our pleas to mother nature have been heard!!!! xoxoxo
    davepeerson and Sadmommy13 like this.

Goodnight mommy. Have sweet dreams tonight. Hope we have another good day tomorrow. I can't take anymore days like yesterday so tomorrow has to be good. Thankful for having a good one today. Big Hugs...xoxoxo I heart you!!!!
    davepeerson likes this.

Hey Mommy....Just wanted to Pop on Your thread and Say Goodnight....Hope You Sleep well.....and Have an Awesome Thursday!! I see Sunshine is talking "Sunbeams" next week where she Lives....I don't suppose that Your close enough to her.....So You get some "Beams" as well???...Either way....I Hope You Get some better weather Real Soon....Even Cold Sunshine would be Ok.....Right?? Stay Strong Titans!!.xoxo
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Good morning mommy. Another day at home with the kids. Hope you got rest. I had some very weird dreams so I tossed and turned. Plus hubby slept on the couch as he fell asleep watching tv but I did not sleep well because he was not in the bed. The snow should melt away today and hopefully the kids will be back in school tomorrow.

Dave we are in the same weather pattern so we both should have warmer temps next week!!!
    Sadmommy13 and davepeerson like this.

I did sleep like a log last night. But I did have crazy dreams, as well, although I usually do have those anyway. Almost too much sleep I think. Makes me feel a little panicked when I wake up, like I missed too much of the day. Not that there is much to do stuck at home. What few parts of my house that were clean are certainly no longer that way from the melting snow mess. But no point in cleaning it yet anyway, until the snow melts. I am getting cabin fever again. I really really need to get out of this house!

I am very excited about temps near 65! This snow is pretty but I have had enough of it. Luckily kiddo is not dragging me back out in it yet. Supposed to finally get over freezing today but no sun, not sure how much will go away today.I hope we go back to school tomorrow. I am afraid our spring break is already gone for make up days.

These kids need to be back in school soon. Cabin fever going around. They don't make the kids make up school. Nothing to report here. The weird dreams and sad ones make me wake up with anxiety. Don't like them at all. I dream so vivid now. Next week it will be warm but with rain but I will take it!! Plowing thru another day. Closer to the 66 day mark. Then we can look forward to the spring!!!
    davepeerson likes this.

I guess it is maybe a common thing, to dream more clearly once your brain starts changing. No doubt I remember more of my dreams now and they do seem more real. At first they were all about pills, now they are usually about something tragic or stressful at least. I often have bad dreams that wake me up feeling sad.... but then kind of glad once awake that it was just a dream. Maybe soon I will start having vivid dreams of puppies and rainbows..... I wish. Who knows. Maybe the dreams are signs of progress. I need to feel some progress, standing still again. I know my being stuck inside it not helping that feeling.

I am starting to get upset with myself for not being more happy about all of this extra time with kiddo. I feel like I should be soaking up joy out of every single minute of it. So why am I so blah? We probably won't have snow to play in again for a while.... I should be excited to experience it and go have fun with her out there. I love being with her, she forces me to smile when I don't feel like it. But seems like I should appreciate this time more than I do, like she should be enough to lift the blah feeling. I think I am going crazy. If I would just stop worrying about it and relax...... if only I could. Hope we are not in sync today and you are feeling up and beaming!xoxox

Sorry mommy we are in sync today. My dreams are not nice either and I wake up in these panics... last night was a bad one...I was in a fight with a relative and was crying hysterical in my dream. I feel you on the standing still....I feel no progress what so ever....yesterday was good but today it feels like a struggle and anxiety if very high for no reason. Why does this feeling not leave me....really hate that my brain still feels it needs pills like I did in the beginning. Just feels as if it should not be this hard this far along. It seems like yes we should have our bad days of life stuff but not for no reason should we feel blah. I do try to be positive but I just don't know how to make myself be happy and not feel blah with no sun and housework.

Yes you love spending time with your daughter but its also takes away from you time and your normal routine. Don't feel down about that it is totally normal. Three year olds are work very hard work. xoxoxo

I am going to blame the lack of sun and winter blues. But it does feel like you get to a point where you feel a little better-- better sleep, or motivation, or whatever-- and you get encouraged bc you think maybe I am finally crawling out of this hole.But then, you just stay at that point forever. It's like you crawl a bit up, then get stuck there for a while. I don't know. I wish I did understand. I take the freaking vitamins. I exercise every chance I get. I eat like I am supposed to. I try....hard. Yes, it is better than feeling dependent on something, but I just want to feel good again. I should enjoy the little things, yet I can't let myself. Fake it til you make it, right?

Three year olds are definitely work. Physical AND mental work. One day I will miss her like she is now and will probably try to blame myself for not appreciating it somehow. I am still digging, that is all that matters. Maybe the sun will come out tomorrow......
    davepeerson likes this.

Winter blues for sure. Very blah....I just wish I had something a little happy or exciting. I have nothing but be strong be strong....I just want to have a good day without being strong. Like a normal day. Does this make any sence?

What is a "normal" Day Sunshine?? We ALL Want to feel Happy and Full of Energy...All The Time...But....that's Just Not Realistic....Sorry.....I Must Continue to pound this into you two Titans Heads....It GETS BETTER....It Really Does....Does it get Perfect....Never!! You know....I always think about people saying....and I used to as well....I just wanna Feel Good "again"......And now I ask Myself....when Did I feel Good....See...the thing is....I had been taking the BEAST since around 2001....So what do I have to compare My energy level with....I mean seriously....I was 43 then....Now I'm 57....How can I expect to feel like I did then....before using the BEAST??? It's really kinda complicated.....when it comes to people saying they want to feel normal again......I believe I am Feeling More Normal than I've felt in over 14 years....Is that as good as it was before the BEAST.....??? I don't know?? I Just believe that If YOU give your Brain a Real Chance to get working again on it's Own.....which....I know.....Is frustrating....Because it takes Patience!! It is MY Opinion that YOU will Feel better than any of those Days of Taking the BEAST in the end Felt.... Does that Mean Your going to be happy all the time......Nobody Does!! I agree....Sunshine....Spring.....Summer....definite ly Will Help US ALL!! Keep Digging Titans....Another "Day" closer to feeling better....More often!! Stay Strong My Titans!!....Hope...Maintain an attitude of optimism...and Open the door to Greater Possibilities!! Recovery is a journey that requires we have "Hope" because willpower is Usually Not Enough!! If we surrender without "Hope", we have despair, but if we have surrender with "Hope", we have Opportunity!!..xoxo!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-26-2015 at 10:11 PM. Reason: spelling error
    TheGoodSister, Sadmommy13 and kc50 like this.

What......No Goodnight From Mommy or "Sunbeams"....???? Hmmmmph???....Sweet Dreams Titan Girls!! Stay Strong Mommy and "Sunbeams"..xoxo

I know Dave I know!!!! Bad sunshine last night very out of character. Sorry I missed your good night post last night mommy.

Have a good day we have FULL SUN!!! It maybe cold but we have SUN!!! I am making my kids do school work when they wake up today for half the day. They have only been to school 1 day in the past two weeks.
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davepeerson View Post
    What is a "normal" Day Sunshine?? We ALL Want to feel Happy and Full of Energy...All The Time...But....that's Just Not Realistic....Sorry.....I Must Continue to pound this into you two Titans Heads....It GETS BETTER....It Really Does....Does it get Perfect....Never!! You know....I always think about people saying....and I used to as well....I just wanna Feel Good "again"......And now I ask Myself....when Did I feel Good....See...the thing is....I had been taking the BEAST since around 2001....So what do I have to compare My energy level with....I mean seriously....I was 43 then....Now I'm 57....How can I expect to feel like I did then....before using the BEAST??? It's really kinda complicated.....when it comes to people saying they want to feel normal again......I believe I am Feeling More Normal than I've felt in over 14 years....Is that as good as it was before the BEAST.....??? I don't know?? I Just believe that If YOU give your Brain a Real Chance to get working again on it's Own.....which....I know.....Is frustrating....Because it takes Patience!! It is MY Opinion that YOU will Feel better than any of those Days of Taking the BEAST in the end Felt.... Does that Mean Your going to be happy all the time......Nobody Does!! I agree....Sunshine....Spring.....Summer....definite ly Will Help US ALL!! Keep Digging Titans....Another "Day" closer to feeling better....More often!! Stay Strong My Titans!!....Hope...Maintain an attitude of optimism...and Open the door to Greater Possibilities!! Recovery is a journey that requires we have "Hope" because willpower is Usually Not Enough!! If we surrender without "Hope", we have despair, but if we have surrender with "Hope", we have Opportunity!!..xoxo!!
    I know nobody is happy all the time but it seems like it should be getting a little better and more even. This is the hard part about a taper now seems like it going on so long. I think you are correct when we can get out of the winter blues and into better weather we will be doing good. Maybe by next winter we won't get the winter blues as much because we will be stronger. Going to wait until 11ish and get out there and walk when it warms up to 34.

Hope you have a good day Dave!!!
    davepeerson likes this.

Sorry for no good nights on my own thread! Sunshine & I both checked out watching tv. I did manage to post good night on her thread once I got off couch & went to bed. Sorry for missing you Dave! I always hate to miss a chance for your uplifts. I'm counting on you to be right, trust you that this will be worth it. I'm afraid I was never normal. I wouldn't know if it hit me in the face. I just miss being happy. Waiting.......

Has been stressful at work, everybody fussing about somethin & spreading bad vibes that I cant afford to soak up. So I'm checking outta here asap. I don't know where I'm going but I'm just going to drive. Maybe to supplement store for tryptophan? I dunno, just feel need to escape..... It is sunny, I can show gratitude for that. I guess I'll think more about my gratitude list while I'm driving.
    davepeerson likes this.

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast