Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
Detoxing tomorrow
    shawn156 is offline Member

I've been here to many times and finally I just gave up and stayed off them. I lost track of how long I have been off all the narcotics but I can say that I feel a lot better.I no longer count pills or worry about running short. My mind is much clearer then when on the norco. I won't say it was easy to make it as far as I have without anything since I still have underlying conditions and should be on them,I choose not to and be on my own.
    Dr may think I am a little crazy that'd I'd rather be in pain rather then be an addict and go back to my old ways and habits. Stick with it and in 3 months you'll be thankful you did. I am guess I am around 9 months clean and it's been great.
    Best thing is I will never do a WD again. I see friends who are still addicted having heart attacks now and they have been on them for years.It scares me that I have already done the damage and I to will have one. Something to really think about before going back to them.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

jeffro6527 is offline Member

Default amen brother

Quote Originally Posted by shawn156 View Post
    I've been here to many times and finally I just gave up and stayed off them. I lost track of how long I have been off all the narcotics but I can say that I feel a lot better.I no longer count pills or worry about running short. My mind is much clearer then when on the norco. I won't say it was easy to make it as far as I have without anything since I still have underlying conditions and should be on them,I choose not to and be on my own.
    Dr may think I am a little crazy that'd I'd rather be in pain rather then be an addict and go back to my old ways and habits. Stick with it and in 3 months you'll be thankful you did. I am guess I am around 9 months clean and it's been great.
    Best thing is I will never do a WD again. I see friends who are still addicted having heart attacks now and they have been on them for years.It scares me that I have already done the damage and I to will have one. Something to really think about before going back to them.

I hear that loud and clear! I'm more worried about liver than heart. If you look around enough I think you will find that although the tylenol nukes your liver the rest of your body seems to be fairly resilient to opiates, or at least in the research I did. I worry about it everyday though. Had my blood panels done a week before quit date and doc said liver enzymes were perfect. I was thinking about getting imaging done but I think I am ok, no signs of any issues. Instead of looking at that as a reason not to quit I look at it as the good fortune I have been blessed with. Many before me did irreversible damage on much less.
    Have a list of reasons to not go back has proved to be the best thing to keep me motivated. When I want one I just look it over and instantly remember how its really not an option. Its just not anymore.
    shawn156 likes this.

Bike ride went good today. I mean, I was slower than I can ever remember, but I did it. I climbed 2500' today in about 40 min. The downhill was electric. The whole thing felt so good when I was done. Got a good 3 hours of WD relief from it afterwards. YAY!! Going again tomorrow morning for damn sure!!!
    Monday back to life and lifting/training 24/7. Time to kick the tires and light the fires

Starting to get tiny glimpses into a new life, I really like and can be proud of.

I don't know if it is just me but MUSIC has had a huge impact on my WDs. Its helped tons and I wouldn't even consider myself a music kind of guy. Worth a shot if you are looking for something else to try. It has mostly helped with anxiety. Haven't taken a xanex in 2 days now, that stuff is nastaaaaay! Yuck! That and warm sunshine are both incredible medicine.

Your old pal,
    Jeffro
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-14-2015 at 05:19 PM.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Ah, yes Jeffro. Music is a common theme during detox and recovery. It is a universal way to communicate and stirs all of our emotions. Something that comes as a surprise early on, right? When I was new here and just getting clean, there were some of my pals and I that shared our favorite addict tunes. They ranged from Janis Joplin to Jenny Owens. One such song that was recommended to me that I had never heard before was by Jenny Owens, "What the F was I Thinking?".

I'm so glad that you had such a good day. Thank goodness that you have always kept physically fit and like to work out. That, I think has really helped you along. Day 4 closing! Out.

Peace,

Cat

it is amazing!

Are we not allowed to post lyrics on here? I put a song up that has been pure gold for me but the post seems to have vanished?

shawn156 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro6527 View Post
    I hear that loud and clear! I'm more worried about liver than heart. If you look around enough I think you will find that although the tylenol nukes your liver the rest of your body seems to be fairly resilient to opiates, or at least in the research I did. I worry about it everyday though. Had my blood panels done a week before quit date and doc said liver enzymes were perfect. I was thinking about getting imaging done but I think I am ok, no signs of any issues. Instead of looking at that as a reason not to quit I look at it as the good fortune I have been blessed with. Many before me did irreversible damage on much less.
    Have a list of reasons to not go back has proved to be the best thing to keep me motivated. When I want one I just look it over and instantly remember how its really not an option. Its just not anymore.
    Yeah forgot the liver also It's good to have reminders to why you won't go back. It took me several years but I finally caught on.

Glad you are getting through this with little trouble and making the best of the situation. We have all had our "dark days" and when we look back on them after getting off and staying off,it is the best reminder of all to not go back. Hope you have continued success!

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

I have been following you these last couple days but working so haven't told you lately ..
    You are doing great!
    Worth the fight!
    Right?
    Music so much better clean..
    I agree ..
    Keep on moving soon this will be a distant memory..
    When I start forgetting how hard the fight was I can go back and read my thread..
    That is priceless..
    We can't forget where we came from..
    Or we will never get to where we are going ..
    Stay strong..
    Sobriety rocks in 2015!
    Bette

Thanks everyone for your continued encouragement and support; I appreciate it so very much!

Day 5 is creeping around outside, if it thinks its gonna start without me its crazy

So far feeling a bit better than yesterday morning. Last night was rough. Had a sudden burst of RLS and anxiety. Sleep was not good again, up a few times,, tossed and turned, rinse repeat, you get it.

One thing I was so thankful for yesterday that I have not had yet since I quit was an actual appetite! My sweet wife made me all kinds of treats to celebrate, but my stomach has shrunk so much from living on vegan protein, almond butter, banana, and almond milk 2 or 3x/day for the last 4-5 days I ate one piece of sourdough toast and drank a coke (my fav's for cheat nights) and I was stuffed full! haha oh well.

We usually only get one cheat meal a week, maybe I can get a do over since that one was so pathetic? or most likely I can just wait another week

Gonna ride my bike again this morning in a few hours. Hoping I get the same theraputic relief I got yesterday.

P.S. If you ever want to listen to a song that dead on describes what opiates do to us, listen to Divine from Korn. If you don't like that style music I would still recommend googling the lyrics. Dead on, absolutely perfect. Check it out!

I remain your old pal,
    Jeffro
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-15-2015 at 07:59 AM. Reason: forgot something!

Hi there,

Just wanted to recap day 5:

First half of the day went great! I got up didn't feel like I was wearing an Iron suit for a change, actually a little strong! Got on my mtn bike again this morning and kicked some butt going up the mountain.

I experienced the most peaceful happy moment I can recall in recent memory (whats left of it). I can't even really describe it other than being on a mtn top in a forest overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The sun was shining warm and bright, and I just sat there in awe. looking at the butterflies, and birds, everything was so vivid it was like a disney movie. I finally saw what I have to look forward to eventually! It was too AWESOME!

I then descended the steep mountain terrain, and go figure navigated it with the precision a tailor would use to thread a needle. I was truly on my A game at this point. Everything was fluid, natural and just exhilarating. If you haven't ready my other posts its pretty obvious that I live a pretty high revving life. Only one thing scared me a little about this morning. I found myself taking risks and pushing it harder than I really have. Whereas this can be good for my racing future, I am also not trying to become a blood stain on the side of a cliff. I need to be conscious of the fact that I have a daredevil type personality and I can't shift my addiction of opiates over to that instead. My life expectancy would probably be longer on opiates! Haha jk!

After that we got out of the house and did our shopping for the day. So basically today from 5am - 3pm today I was on the go and it really helped me.

When I got home at 3pm things took a pretty nasty turn. All the same symptoms from the last several days came back in a flood along with a panic attack about not going back to pills. When this happens I swear time and the day literally stand still for me. Its as if I am suspended in hell until I figure out how to calm down. I took a hot bath, then took the dog for a walk, then played with him, then tried to eat, still was bordering on unbearable. I finally broke down and took 1/2 a clonodine and 0.25mg of xanex. 2 hours after that I am finally starting to calm down. I know I have nothing to feel bad about these drugs are usually used for 10 days after stopping. I have been wanting to make it a whole day without either of these so badly! I hate the way xanex makes me feel and I dont want to have to worry about tapering off clonodine. Maybe I am just getting worked up about nothing. My wife reminded me how far I have come in 5 days and that this part would certainly be over in a few more. I really hope I am right about that.

Tomorrow, back to work and life. I keep a hectic schedule with everything I balance between work, sport, family. Maybe throwing myself as deep back into that as possible tomorrow will be the best way for me to not think about it. I have noticed that just talking to someone makes me feel better.

Tired of the back and fourth, come on go away already!

Bruised but not beaten.
    your pal,
    Jeffro
    Iluv2smile and shawn156 like this.

Good morning day 6-

Woke up with a noticeable improvement in energy. Got up took a shower and then instead of having my coffee I cleaned the kitchen and living room for my wife. She's gonna be happy to see that when she wakes up

Mornings haven't been that bad for me so I am not surprised I feel ok right now. I just hope it stays this way today

Well got a heavy load on plate today I will try to come back tonight to recap.

Thanks again to everyone that has helped me through this on here, you guys are incredible!

Your old pal,
    Jeffro
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Default Feeling very weak- need help!!!

Good morning day 6-

Woke up with a noticeable improvement in energy. Got up took a shower and then instead of having my coffee I cleaned the kitchen and living room for my wife. She's gonna be happy to see that when she wakes up

Mornings haven't been that bad for me so I am not surprised I feel ok right now. I just hope it stays this way today

Well got a heavy load on plate today I will try to come back tonight to recap.

Thanks again to everyone that has helped me through this on here, you guys are incredible!

Your old pal,
    Jeffro
    If anyone is listening, I don't know what is going on, I am freaking out. Obsessing about pills have been for the last 1.5 hours. I need help, I am having panic attacks that I will fail at this and go back even though I don't feel like I will. Is it just irrational fear? Another trick its playing on me? Please help me I need help so badly right now. WHEN WILL THIS GET ANY BETTER?!?!?!?!

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Jeffro Deep breaths. You need to find something to do to occupy your mind. Start with deep breaths. I always stay real close to this board when that happens. I stop what I am doing, try and take a walk then stay close to this board. It happens it is normal for at least me. It is no fun. I wish I had a time frame for when it gets better but it will get better. It is a roller coaster ride and not the fun one. STAY STRONG you can do this. 6 days that is so huge. Don't give that all up.....its just a feeling and it will go away.
    Iluv2smile and Sadmommy13 like this.

It will get better.
    Your brain is screaming for opiates..
    This disease is cunning baffling and powerful..

Arm yourself..
    You are ok..
    You are through the worst physical part.
    Now comes the mental..
    Get mad at that anxiety..
    I even push it away verbally..
    You are not dependant anymore you are in charge..
    Say a prayer to whomever you think is bigger and more powerful than you..

This is a very empowering time..
    You will feel amazing after you walk through this..
    You are on the downside of the race now..
    Keep going ,
    Stay in the moment.
    Don't worry about never or even tomorrow..
    Take care of today and the rest will take care of itself..
    I will check back later!
    Light and strength to you ..
    My friend
    Bette

Paulyhadthepink is offline New Member

Keep going! Just like your bike rides, you'll go from peddling hard up hill to coasting down another. I too remember the physical/emotional rollercoaster. It ain't easy but it does get better. Don't give up. The anxiety gets overwhelming....you just want it to end. Find a way to get threw the moments of stress. Get threw one more fricken day!!!! Just do it damn it...your getting closer to where you'll feel better than EVER! these challenges are tests...tell it off! i used to stand in front of a mirror and yell at the anxiety in my head. I'd talk to myself and just look myself in the eye and say whatever came out (something I could never do using). Anyway...get to day 6....you hear me?.....however/whatever it takes!!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Sadmommy13 is offline Senior Member

Way to go Jeffro! You can beat this. The physical part really stinks, but what you've gotta prepare for is mental. Just remember always.... you are so much stronger than a feeling, and WORTH so much more than being controlled by one for the rest of your life. Pills are just a feeling, a temporary one at that. Wds are just a feeling, also temporary. Your mind power is something that no one can take from you once you have that kind of control. If you can change your own mind, you can change your life to be whatever you dream it to be. There are so many people here to cheer you on. Stay strong. You will physically feel a lot better after the first week. Then, you just gotta rain your brain to dig for power. Don't let a pill be more powerful than you. Stay true to what you REALLY want, and tell that beast on your shoulder to shut the he-- up! You can totaly do this. Sending you love and luck!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-16-2015 at 06:27 PM.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulyhadthepink View Post
    Keep going! Just like your bike rides, you'll go from peddling hard up hill to coasting down another. I too remember the physical/emotional rollercoaster. It ain't easy but it does get better. Don't give up. The anxiety gets overwhelming....you just want it to end. Find a way to get threw the moments of stress. Get threw one more fricken day!!!! Just do it damn it...your getting closer to where you'll feel better than EVER! these challenges are tests...tell it off! i used to stand in front of a mirror and yell at the anxiety in my head. I'd talk to myself and just look myself in the eye and say whatever came out (something I could never do using). Anyway...get to day 6....you hear me?.....however/whatever it takes!!
    Thank you Paul, I totally seem to respond to tough love for some reason! I need a kick in the butt every once in a while.

Today was really tough not gonna lie, probably the hardest day I have had yet. I ended up in a full anxiety attack. Right after I posted the desperate plea for help it was luckily lunch time (I have the best job in the world...2 hrs off in the middle of the day everyday to train for comp cycling and eating). So I took off and rode my bike for about 75 min up a grueling hill. Cried half the time. Funny thing when I got to the top I looked down and it was almost a personal best for me! hahaha just shows now matter how bad we think we are from this stupid disease we are really not, we are capable, strong and ready. The mind games are tough and Im sure I haven't seen my last one. Anyways after the ride I ate lunch and went back to work feeling pretty good. Then at 2pm it came back but worse. I was panic stricken. my legs were shaking I was so scared and freaked out. '

I read all your responses, you guys helped more than you know! I also read all my posts to see how far I have already come! Hell im not only 6 days into this! I started a hard taper when I made up my mind almost 7 weeks ago! Ive got a lot invested in this! I read my list of why I can't go back no matter what.

Then I broke down, called NA and had them direct me to a meeting tonight. I am going to workout with trainer in about 30 min then home to eat and shower then right back out to NA meeting! Anxiety attacks aside I can't ever remember my days being so busy!

I will not go back guys. I am too strong. I refuse to be a statistic.
    Thank you again everyone.

Your pal,
    Jeffro

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    It will get better.
    Your brain is screaming for opiates..
    This disease is cunning baffling and powerful..

Arm yourself..
    You are ok..
    You are through the worst physical part.
    Now comes the mental..
    Get mad at that anxiety..
    I even push it away verbally..
    You are not dependant anymore you are in charge..
    Say a prayer to whomever you think is bigger and more powerful than you..

This is a very empowering time..
    You will feel amazing after you walk through this..
    You are on the downside of the race now..
    Keep going ,
    Stay in the moment.
    Don't worry about never or even tomorrow..
    Take care of today and the rest will take care of itself..
    I will check back later!
    Light and strength to you ..
    My friend
    Bette
    This helped me so very much, thank you thank you thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadmommy13 View Post
    Way to go Jeffro! You can beat this. The physical part really stinks, but what you've gotta prepare for is mental. Just remember always.... you are so much stronger than a feeling, and WORTH so much more than being controlled by one for the rest of your life. Pills are just a feeling, a temporary one at that. Wds are just a feeling, also temporary. Your mind power is something that no one can take from you once you have that kind of control. If you can change your own mind, you can change your life to be whatever you dream it to be. There are so many people here to cheer you on. Stay strong. You will physically feel a lot better after the first week. Then, you just gotta rain your brain to dig for power. Don't let a pill be more powerful than you. Stay true to what you REALLY want, and tell that beast on your shoulder to shut the he-- up! You can totaly do this. Sending you love and luck!
    Sadmommy,
    To be honest your story gives me panic attacks! I fear I am nowhere near as strong as you and I have seen what a long road you have been on. Is it evil of me to hope I have an easier time than you did?

I need to be careful what I let myself think of right now, because I am such an instant gratification person that feeling the way I do for another 60 days just kills me.

You rock, thank you for your help!
    Jeffro

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1112 View Post
    Jeffro Deep breaths. You need to find something to do to occupy your mind. Start with deep breaths. I always stay real close to this board when that happens. I stop what I am doing, try and take a walk then stay close to this board. It happens it is normal for at least me. It is no fun. I wish I had a time frame for when it gets better but it will get better. It is a roller coaster ride and not the fun one. STAY STRONG you can do this. 6 days that is so huge. Don't give that all up.....its just a feeling and it will go away.
    Thanks sunshine! The deep breaths help a lot! I appreciate your words so very much!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Made it to day 7! I am hopeful it goes better than day 6 did.

My trainer ended up keeping us so late that there was no way for me to get to that NA meeting last night. I live in a small town and the meetings are 35-40 min away. So, instead I am going this morning.

My workout last night instantly made me feel good. I was joking around and being my old self within 5 min of starting. Amazing! Just going to focus on that and try to remember next time I freak out, its temporary, the rest of my life, or even the rest of that day aren't going to remain like that. I had a scary rough patch in the middle of the day yesterday, but I endured it (thanks to you all) and now I am ready to take today on!

Heading out to my first NA meeting in a minute. I'm kind of scared not sure why....

Riskee is offline Member

Made it to day 7! I am hopeful it goes better than day 6 did.

My trainer ended up keeping us so late that there was no way for me to get to that NA meeting last night. I live in a small town and the meetings are 35-40 min away. So, instead I am going this morning.

My workout last night instantly made me feel good. I was joking around and being my old self within 5 min of starting. Amazing! Just going to focus on that and try to remember next time I freak out, its temporary, the rest of my life, or even the rest of that day aren't going to remain like that. I had a scary rough patch in the middle of the day yesterday, but I endured it (thanks to you all) and now I am ready to take today on!

Heading out to my first NA meeting in a minute. I'm kind of scared not sure why....
    I remember how scared I was before my first meeting, but you shouldn't be scared at all! Nothing is going to help you more than being surrounded by people who know exactly what you are going through and can offer you the help needed to make it through another day clean. Anytime you are feeling especially anxious or having a bad day, going to a meeting is sure to help turn things around. I hope your first meeting is a good one. There can be a pretty big difference between different meetings, so make sure to attend several different meetings until you find the ones you are most comfortable in.

Congrats on one week clean! I'm about to start day 5 myself, so I'm not too far behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Riskee View Post
    I remember how scared I was before my first meeting, but you shouldn't be scared at all! Nothing is going to help you more than being surrounded by people who know exactly what you are going through and can offer you the help needed to make it through another day clean. Anytime you are feeling especially anxious or having a bad day, going to a meeting is sure to help turn things around. I hope your first meeting is a good one. There can be a pretty big difference between different meetings, so make sure to attend several different meetings until you find the ones you are most comfortable in.

Congrats on one week clean! I'm about to start day 5 myself, so I'm not too far behind you.
    DAY 5
    AWESOME! Great job! Lets do this together, we have strength in numbers!

At work now, NA meeting this morning went well. Was able to connect with 2 guys I can believe in. They were very helpful and now my anxiety is better than its been in 3-4 days. I finally gave up on trying to define when I would be better. I now have a chip that says just for today, so thats what I am finally wrapping my head around. I have to give up on defining something that has no predicative definition, there will only be one in hindsight one day. Hopefully that day comes sooner than later but I am thankful for today.

Your old pal,
    Jeffro

Day 8, isnt that great!

I finally slept pretty soundly last night. Was nice to not wake up 8 times during the night to check the clock. I kept myself so incredibly busy yesterday that I was truly exhausted last night.

NA helped tremendously. They gave me some really solid advice that I followed and it kept my anxiety way in check. Very pleased I went.

Now I just need to plan to go back and make that drive, still figuring out how to make that part of my normal schedule. The funny thing though is that I only need to worry about today and I cant make it today but thats ok. I can use what i learned yesterday and apply it to today to get me through. I'm sure I will be back there very soon though

Your old pal,
    Jeffro

One thing I know if I had to drive 1mile or 50 miles to get my pills I would..

We have to put the same amount of time into our recovery..

When you think about it how much more spare time do you have?
    For me pills pills became a job..

You are doing great on this daY 8 !!!

Hang tough!
    Life is much better from this view!
    Go Jeffro go!
    Bette
    Randy35 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    One thing I know if I had to drive 1mile or 50 miles to get my pills I would..

We have to put the same amount of time into our recovery..

When you think about it how much more spare time do you have?
    For me pills pills became a job..

You are doing great on this daY 8 !!!

Hang tough!
    Life is much better from this view!
    Go Jeffro go!
    Bette

Well said and point well taken!!!

You can Bette on me I am gonna be a survivor!

You've done so much for me and have asked so little. I cherish your advise. Just wanted you to know I appreciate you

Your pal,
    Jeffro
    Randy35 and Iluv2smile like this.

Jax124 is offline New Member

I'm really proud of you jeffro

I'm on day 3 from a 150mg habit I'm praying my energy returns soon this is sooo hard I feel like giving up

Quote Originally Posted by Jax124 View Post
    I'm on day 3 from a 150mg habit I'm praying my energy returns soon this is sooo hard I feel like giving up
    Do NOT give up Jax! You are closer to the end of physical WD than you are the beginning! I'm gonna tell you what has kept me going:
    1. Making a list of all the reasons to quit and all to keep using. If you are honest, you will see how staggering it is that there really isn't a reason to use! Be logical! Dont let your emotions control you right now! Tough love bro, Man up!
    2. Get to an NA meeting. Even if you dont want to go, just go. You don't need to sign up for it or plan to do the whole plan. Just get there and see and talk to real people that have conquered what you are going through! TONS of people have beaten this, you will too. This helped me more than anything. You need to wrap your head around the concept of just worrying about today. Its extremely important and vital to your staying clean. Its made a HUGE profound difference for me.
    3. Get up and move, laying there in misery will only make the minutes tick by slower and slower. As impossible as it seems just make yourself get up and move. I PROMISE you if you do this just one time within 5 minutes you will see the relief I am talking about.
    4. Listen to good music. I found strength in everything from opera music to hard core punk music. Anything that you can use to help fuel your fight.

Treat this like a fight, because it is. The most important one you will ever be in. Its for your life bro.

You can do this. We all can. It will get better, I promise.

Your old pal,
    Jeffro

Jeffro-
    Wow such encouraging words! Thank you so much! Cmon day 4!!!!!! I'm ready. I just hate these hot and cold sweats uggh!

Day 9- One day closer to Fine!

Morning all! Yesterday was a bit rough in the first half of the day. Some panic and anxiety but hey I'm dealing with it, no crutches, and not using. I feel proud of that.

I had one MAJOR victory yesterday that I couldnt wait to tell you guys about! We are in full force allergy season right now so I have been all stuffy and sctratchy. Anyways I came home at lunch yesterday to try to find some claretin and bang right there sitting in the cupboad was a whole unopened box of opiate patches. Not my choice drug but a strong opiate non the less?
    Did I even consider using them? HECK NO! I got mad! I yelled at them to stop messing with me and quit trying to lure me back! I took them, went straight to my car, drove them to the sheriffs station and had them destroyed. I felt so good after that (however brief the feeling)!
    Anyways enough about day 8, its now day 9 and on this day, I shall not fail, I shall not waiver, I shall continue to fight!

Your old pal,
    Jeffro
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast