Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
Detoxing tomorrow
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member

There you go, Jeffro. It appears that at least a part of your answer is that you are replacing (or renewing) healthy habits for the unhealthy ones. That's a very good thing! First rule to break a bad habit is to replace it with a good one. Working on that--check!

Have a good day.

Peace,

Cat

Efil Pleh is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro6527 View Post
    Day 26--

Happy Easter all

Getting ready for a day filled with friends and family. My wife and I have decided to spend an hour every morning reading books instead of watching TV or anything else. Trying to keep the books, at least for me, about positive changes that can be made in your life.
    My Ego is everywhere! Its a cheeky bugger always trying to trick me into thinking things I shouldn't.

Cat-- thanks so much for the response! I always get excited when I see that you have put something on this thread! The questions I was having all the problems answering were about obsessing and compulsing. The only things I can honestly say I am doing that with are the different elements of my recovery? Is that bad? I have been doing lots of research but again all in the name of getting better?

If I am not being honest about it I am the first one I am tricking because I truly believe this!

Anyways I will talk to sponsor today hopefully, hate to bother him on Easter.

Your old pal,
    Jeffro
    A book suggestion:

"Who moved my cheese"

I read this book in business life and it sure applied and help through my recovery when I read it again with a mindset on just life itself.

Keep up the Great Job Jeffro

Kind Regards,
    E
    Iluv2smile likes this.

jeffro6527 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Efil Pleh View Post
    A book suggestion:

"Who moved my cheese"

I read this book in business life and it sure applied and help through my recovery when I read it again with a mindset on just life itself.

Keep up the Great Job Jeffro

Kind Regards,
    E
    Efil! Thanks for that how have you been? I think about you and your story often, just want to let you know again how HUGE you have been to my resolve. I appreciate you, CAT and everyone else so very much!

I will definitely check that book out thanks! I've got one for you guys also, if you haven't read it: Love is Letting Go of Fear. Pretty quick read, with cartoons. Perfect for guys like me with the attention span of a cricket

Hope this day blesses everyone.
    Jeffro

Day 27--

Didn't think I was gonna forget about you #27 did you? How could I? Can't get past you to 30, 60, 90, 1 hundred billion (haha) now can I?

I'll keep today short. So far so good, tiny bits of anxiety and fear come and go but finally starting to get used to being back in my office at work. This has been the darkest place for me so far. Probably because I am pretty isolated here with little face to face interaction, and also I remember sitting here and taking pills.

Hey efil, am I kidding myself that I do not crave them? Are my fears and anxieties a manifestation of craving? I honestly feel like I hate them and I don't want them. Any 1 good thought about them is instantaneously followed by 10 reasons of loathing them. I remember reading your posts saying that you never crave them-- but my NA program has a problem with that I think. Am I not being honest with myself? In my heart of hearts I do not think so but I suppose time will tell.

Gonna be clean for a whole month pretty soon! I know I need to just think about today but I am pretty excited about that one!

Your old pal,
    Jeffro

Day 27--

Didn't think I was gonna forget about you #27 did you? How could I? Can't get past you to 30, 60, 90, 1 hundred billion (haha) now can I?

I'll keep today short. So far so good, tiny bits of anxiety and fear come and go but finally starting to get used to being back in my office at work. This has been the darkest place for me so far. Probably because I am pretty isolated here with little face to face interaction, and also I remember sitting here and taking pills.

Hey efil, am I kidding myself that I do not crave them? Are my fears and anxieties a manifestation of craving? I honestly feel like I hate them and I don't want them. Any 1 good thought about them is instantaneously followed by 10 reasons of loathing them. I remember reading your posts saying that you never crave them-- but my NA program has a problem with that I think. Am I not being honest with myself? In my heart of hearts I do not think so but I suppose time will tell.

Gonna be clean for a whole month pretty soon! I know I need to just think about today but I am pretty excited about that one!

Your old pal,
    Jeffro

Jeffro,

I never craved the pain meds, which I also thought, was strange or something greater then I was providing me with a helping hand?

I also believe those who put the time and effort into pre-quit research, planning and education better understand what they are about to do, they also have more to lose after gaining all that knowledge and spending all that time preparing.

In my experience quitting was a process and it started quite awhile prior to taking that last pill. I believe that is key and conditions our minds and makes us stronger.

Some may say we are lucky which leads me to my definition of luck:

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity

No I do not think you are kidding yourself, I believe its very possible not to crave the pills.

What I did crave after getting through physical withdrawals was finding myself. One of your posts reminded me of exactly what I was feeling and still do to a certain extent.

I was exploring and researching many avenues with deep subject matter; I was searching for who I really am. All of my efforts were interesting and entertaining but it always came full circle right back to me. That is when I realized I was looking externally when I should of be looking internally, within myself.

I am still working on that at current and a few of the things I found were much more satisfying then external options that required me to grow into them.

I realized what I need I already had I just had to understand the power, importance and value of it. Most people as I am are very hard on our selves and never get the opportunity to realize and understand and most importantly accept the true value of our own being.

There is always a positive in every negative and the positive of my whole disaster is my greater appreciation for life, people and most importantly myself.

Kind Regards,
    E
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Efil! Thanks for that how have you been? I think about you and your story often, just want to let you know again how HUGE you have been to my resolve. I appreciate you, CAT and everyone else so very much!

I will definitely check that book out thanks! I've got one for you guys also, if you haven't read it: Love is Letting Go of Fear. Pretty quick read, with cartoons. Perfect for guys like me with the attention span of a cricket

Hope this day blesses everyone.
    Jeffro
    Quote Originally Posted by Efil Pleh View Post
    Jeffro,

I never craved the pain meds, which I also thought, was strange or something greater then I was providing me with a helping hand?

I also believe those who put the time and effort into pre-quit research, planning and education better understand what they are about to do, they also have more to lose after gaining all that knowledge and spending all that time preparing.

In my experience quitting was a process and it started quite awhile prior to taking that last pill. I believe that is key and conditions our minds and makes us stronger.

Some may say we are lucky which leads me to my definition of luck:

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity

No I do not think you are kidding yourself, I believe its very possible not to crave the pills.

What I did crave after getting through physical withdrawals was finding myself. One of your posts reminded me of exactly what I was feeling and still do to a certain extent.

I was exploring and researching many avenues with deep subject matter; I was searching for who I really am. All of my efforts were interesting and entertaining but it always came full circle right back to me. That is when I realized I was looking externally when I should of be looking internally, within myself.

I am still working on that at current and a few of the things I found were much more satisfying then external options that required me to grow into them.

I realized what I need I already had I just had to understand the power, importance and value of it. Most people as I am are very hard on our selves and never get the opportunity to realize and understand and most importantly accept the true value of our own being.

There is always a positive in every negative and the positive of my whole disaster is my greater appreciation for life, people and most importantly myself.

Kind Regards,
    E
    Thanks E, I really appreciate that. Good to know I'm not alone in my thinking, although I am certain that my thoughts are far from correct most the time, I do feel strongly that I will NEVER take another pill again.

Would it be ok if I PM'ed you sometime? I rather enjoy our conversations and have always seen you in some relative fashion that I see myself (it that makes any sense at all).

Your pal,
    Jeffro

Day 28--

Finally starting to learn to be alone in this office, and to be productive as well. My list of things to do each day gets longer and I don't always get them all done. Sometimes I think maybe I am doing too much, or maybe I am not doing enough. Whatever the case I am asking the questions that are not easy to answer. I am happy that I am finally asking these questions after 36 years.

Still trying to wrap my head around truly forgiving myself for the damage I did to myself in the past so that I may live in the present without fear of the future.

I know I am far from there, but I am finding that I am starting to listen to that little pure voice inside (spirit?) and shutting out the apathetic one (Ego). It feels really nice when I choose the right one but again its still a challenge minute by minute to not allow my Ego to react to things.

Practice makes perfect!

Your old pal,
    Jeffro

Thanks E, I really appreciate that. Good to know I'm not alone in my thinking, although I am certain that my thoughts are far from correct most the time, I do feel strongly that I will NEVER take another pill again.

Would it be ok if I PM'ed you sometime? I rather enjoy our conversations and have always seen you in some relative fashion that I see myself (it that makes any sense at all).

Your pal,
    Jeffro
    Hey Jeffro,

PM is welcomed, unfortunately when I found PM it was disabled by the administration of this website. Im sure there is good reason - I have not been disabled or locked from posting, so not sure why I cannot except PM.

E.

DAY 30--

Today is 1 month clean folks! I am so happy that I am on a little vacation trip with my family on this day to remind myself how awesome my life is without opiates!

Learning to approach things from Love rather than Fear is both hard and amazingly fullfilling. Last night I did something I would never do. A gentlemen was standing outside a store we were going in and asking people for money. When he asked me, I said no sorry (the usual response). He then said well can you buy me some batteries to which I also replied, no sorry.

When I was finishing up in the store and looking at the stuff we bought, I thought how much more would it really be to add some batteries and a few dollars to this trip? It wouldn't cost me much but gained me so much. When I handed him the batteries and cash the look on his face was incredible. He said this is exactly what I needed. I just smiled and replied I know, me too He patted me on the back and thanked me with a smile.

I am realizing that my negative perception of the world I have allowed myself to see is responsible for the way I have acted in the past. Because we are creatures of habit, the past turns into today which also turns into the future. This cyclical thinking traps us in the modality of guilt and fear, which is no way to live.

Anyways, I hope everyone has an incredible day today!

Efil-- that is too bad about PMs I will try to send you one anyways and see if you get it ok? If not maybe I can email support and see whats up?

Your old pal,
    Jeffro
    Efil Pleh and keltie67 like this.

Batting500 is offline New Member

DAY 30--

Today is 1 month clean folks! I am so happy that I am on a little vacation trip with my family on this day to remind myself how awesome my life is without opiates!

Learning to approach things from Love rather than Fear is both hard and amazingly fullfilling. Last night I did something I would never do. A gentlemen was standing outside a store we were going in and asking people for money. When he asked me, I said no sorry (the usual response). He then said well can you buy me some batteries to which I also replied, no sorry.

When I was finishing up in the store and looking at the stuff we bought, I thought how much more would it really be to add some batteries and a few dollars to this trip? It wouldn't cost me much but gained me so much. When I handed him the batteries and cash the look on his face was incredible. He said this is exactly what I needed. I just smiled and replied I know, me too He patted me on the back and thanked me with a smile.

I am realizing that my negative perception of the world I have allowed myself to see is responsible for the way I have acted in the past. Because we are creatures of habit, the past turns into today which also turns into the future. This cyclical thinking traps us in the modality of guilt and fear, which is no way to live.

Anyways, I hope everyone has an incredible day today!

Efil-- that is too bad about PMs I will try to send you one anyways and see if you get it ok? If not maybe I can email support and see whats up?

Your old pal,
    Jeffro
    Congrats brother!!!

I'm so happy for and proud of you. It ain't easy. Shoot, I'm proud of myself just for being on Day 1 of switching to a different med! Ha.

Go enjoy it man. The fog is lifting for you! Or at least you'll be able to see the fog better!

Congrats!!!!

I'm gonna have a 7-up in your honor tonight!

PureLife is offline New Member

Jeffro, wow I just read your thread and it's so cool to have a play by play of your highs and lows throughout the past 30 days. I've been clean for six years and every year in April, I come back to read my old posts here (under a different name) and remind myself that I succeeded, largely due to this site. My mentor on here (Robert_325) and I still talk often even though he's retired from this site. I also met another friend that I'm still tight with years later.

Like you, I'm an active person and movement really got me through the aftermath of my month long detox from suboxone (nightmare I won't bore you with)....and attitude is everything as many have said before in this thread- you seem to have all the right components...a supportive family, stable mindset, healthy body and now freedom from the drug.

I will continue following. Thanks for sharing your life....

K
    Batting500 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PureLife View Post
    Jeffro, wow I just read your thread and it's so cool to have a play by play of your highs and lows throughout the past 30 days. I've been clean for six years and every year in April, I come back to read my old posts here (under a different name) and remind myself that I succeeded, largely due to this site. My mentor on here (Robert_325) and I still talk often even though he's retired from this site. I also met another friend that I'm still tight with years later.

Like you, I'm an active person and movement really got me through the aftermath of my month long detox from suboxone (nightmare I won't bore you with)....and attitude is everything as many have said before in this thread- you seem to have all the right components...a supportive family, stable mindset, healthy body and now freedom from the drug.

K
    Thanks PureLife! What a profound story and outlook you have! Although my recovery plan is multifaceted and all encompassing there is one thing I am still lacking that I have been in desperate search of. Seems to me no matter where I look on how to overcome this permanently that gaining a sense of spirituality is vital. I want this for myself so badly and I am searching for it hard. I know the journey is sometimes more important than the answers but I really feel like I could put this behind me when I find my spirituality. I also know that hoping to find it sooner than later isn't logical. I will find it exactly when I am supposed to. Just hard to wait for something so profound when I am wired to be so instantly gratified by things. Changing my perspective to try to live free of the guilt of my past along with the fear of my future in order to live and love today is powerful.

As Dimitri says: I am dangerous with love.

Your old pal,
    Jeffro

P.S. this counts as my day 31 post

Quote Originally Posted by Batting500 View Post
    Congrats brother!!!

I'm so happy for and proud of you. It ain't easy. Shoot, I'm proud of myself just for being on Day 1 of switching to a different med! Ha.

Go enjoy it man. The fog is lifting for you! Or at least you'll be able to see the fog better!

Congrats!!!!

I'm gonna have a 7-up in your honor tonight!

Thanks, and back at you! Hope you enjoyed that 7-up! I have a coke a cola classic, which I am not normally allowed to have (diet and workout). Man they go down smooth when I do get them! haha

Thanks for the love and support!

Your pal,
    Jeffro
    Batting500 likes this.

Batting500 is offline New Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by PureLife View Post

K

Month long detox!?

Ouch. I just reluctantly switched to Suboxone (supervised by a highly recommended doc) from about a 160-200 hydro and oxy tolerance and he has me on a plan that is supposed to end at around a .25 jump off with a group of non-narctic meds at the end to bridge the gap. I don't want no month long detox!

Congrats on six years! But damn.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-10-2015 at 06:47 PM.

38 days clean today folks!

Cha --- Ching!!!

Sorry I haven't been on much the last week been traveling for work. Life continues to get better, more interesting and more mysterious. I am starting to feel like a student of life rather than a pill addict. Dont get me wrong I still have my moments and off days for sure but my optimism seems to be holding pretty well for the most part.

I came on to post and realized this morning that more important now than my posts are the posts of others who are where I was a month ago. I will be on this weekend helping out wherever possible.

We can and will beat this epidemic together, for we have strength in numbers!

Your old pal,
    Jeffro

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

I am so happy for you!

Not only are we the most blessed people on the planet!

But we get to develop into the person we were meant to be !

Isn't it so great?

Not perfect every minute of everyday?

But so much better than the alternative ..
    Chasing pills..

Now we can chase life
    And
    Peace
    And truth!

I don't know about you but I used to think if people knew I NEEDED these pills
    Would they still like me?

That is sick secret!

Freedom from the darkness of lies!
    Very nice way to life one day at a time!

I am proud of you ..
    Take care
    Bette
    jeffro6527 likes this.

Day 46---

The time has come as they say to "man up". My wife got surgery yesterday and I am the only one that can give her care. Yup you guessed it pain pills, back in the house. These little devils are hell bent on working their way back into my pressence.
    First I think- I hate them, everything about them. I loathe their pressence. They are not welcome here.
    But then I think, wait... its not about me today. My wife is in pain and she is NOT an addict. She needs to take them for 2-3 days and then they will be flushed. I need to make peace with this and understand this is the exact reason these pills were originally intended to be used. Its not the pills I hate, but my addiction to them. I may be completely uncomfortable with them being here but I will be strong, work through this and perserve, because today isnt about me, its about my wife who deserves my care an attention not a cumbly mess.

Hope you all have a less challenging few days than I am!
    Your old pal,
    Jeffro

I hit post a little too soon on that one sorry. Didn't mean to make everything sound so doom and gloom over here! Life has been pretty good since my last post. Staying in NA, counseling and continuing to do tons of research on things that interest me in my new life. Its fun but exhausting! Finally feel good at work, not overly stressed or feeling panic. Again, just keep my pace up and plate full and the days are starting to fly by.

The wife and I are going to France in a few weeks so that will be a nice treat

My most current research has led me to getting into a sensory deprivation chamber, aka float tank. If anyone of you is into meditating this is definitely the next level! It was AMAZING, and I am hooked, going back from plenty more sessions very soon will continue to report my findings. The following is a very rough breakdown of what it is if you don't know.

It looks like a hot tub with a dome lid on top of it. It has about 8-10" of water in it. The water contains about 800-1000 lbs of epsom salt. The density of the water is akin to the Dead Sea. This makes the human laying in it float at the surface. I would estimate about 80-85% of your body is just an inch under the water while the other 15-20% remains on the surface, your face included (thats how you breath duh:P) The water is kept at 94.5F and the air above the water is also kept at 94.5F. You wear ear plugs (and your ears are positioned under water) so it is complete silence. There is also zero light (if you choose to turn it off) so you have no visual input either.

Here is a brief account of my first float:
    first 5 min: brain was noisy, ego was trying to trick me into doing things like scratching an itch or getting out or anything to keep me from concentrating. Also any small cuts or abrasions you have will come to life during this period as it is salt water afterall.
    15-20 min: brain quiets down, can't feel cuts anymore. Start to feel like my body is more comfortable that I can ever remember it being (yes more comfortable than on those first pills even!). The distinction between the surface of the water and the air dissolves. You are now seemingly floating in one quiet, dark, warm, comforting medium.
    25-30 min: Amazed at how comfortable I feel. So content to just be.
    35-45 min: something amazing happens. The connection between your brain and body is cut or suspended. I kept going through periods of not feeling connected to my body. It was the first time in my life that I felt a sense of spirit and consciousness that will continue on when my flesh is dead. I felt comfortable with my mortality and just content. I can't really put into words what this felt like, but it was awesome and unmistakable.
    45-60min: Felt so amazing and disconnected until my bladder reminded me that i had to pee although the brain body connection was reestablished I still felt so amazing and comforted until my 60 min was up.

I will go back in a few days to do a 2 hour session. More to follow! Gotta run family coming over!

Your old pal,
    Jeffro

Howdy Folks!

Your old pal Jeffro checking in

Today, I am 50 days clean! I feel really great this morning, and about that number! The last few days were pretty rough just learning how to be reliable and caring as a clean and sober man. Taking care of my poor wife after her surgery was a lot harder to do than I thought it would be. Bright side, I didnt even consider taking one of those pain pills, not even for a second! Still hate them!

I feel like I am at the point where I am realizing my disease isn't even centered around the pills. I now turn deeper and more emotional to find the root of the need to use and to fill the gaps. I would love to sit here and tell you how great that is going but its not. Its painful, and my ego tells me daily to not do it. Its the ultimate exercise in futility. All in all its good, and every time I go to the meeting I don't want to attend, or have the uncomfortable conversation with my counselor that I don't want to have, I feel really good afterward. I believe this is the first step in faith and spirituality. I am becoming open to believe something greater than myself can help restore me.

Anyways, didnt mean to go all 12 steppin there. Today is a great day and I know I will NOT use on this day!

I wish you all (those with more and with less time clean) all the love and hope in world to keep going!

Your old pal,
    Jeffro

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Jeffro!!!!

So good to hear from you and to know that you're doing so well! Yeah. Many times after the ugliness of detox, we forget to address how it feels early in recovery. We're all quick to say that "things get better around Day 5" and they do...BUT. The nature of your post tells me that you really are doing well. Really well and I'm happy to hear it. Congratulations. I love when people stay in touch here. Successful recovery is possible. Putting your name on the "Success List". You have just made my day.

Peace,

Cat

HOWDY ALL!!!!

Did ya miss me?

Just got home from France last week and thought I would pop on to see how everyone is doing. I apologize it has been such a long time since my last post. I will give ya a quick update though...

77 days clean today.... YAY baby! Feeling great to say that and with that said and more important even than any numerical value is that all aspects and elements of my recovery are working in unison like parts in a machine, keeping old Jeffro's eyes on the prize
    Here is the latest encompassment of my recovery program (in no particular order)
    -NA/AA meetings
    -Addiction counseling 1x/week
    -Cycling
    -Lifting weights
    -Family and Friends
    -Meditation (I'm crazy about this one now)
    -Research (helping carry the neuro torch to recovery)

All in all I feel really great. Energy levels have been low since I got home but I am not gonna blame that on PAWS cause it could just as well be jet lag.

I was so touched and inspired today to see Efil reference my story that I thought I would like to end this with part of my response to his thread.

"Brandon, I don't know your story (yet) but I hope you realize truly amazing advise when you read it. Efil, randy, cat, sadmommy, pauly and so many more (sorry to all you rockstars I am forgetting off the top my head right now) are the reason that I can come visit today and proudly say...... I am 77 days clean today Man it feels great to say that. I just got home from France and life is looking up in a way it NEVER did on pills.

But you know what feels just as good as all that Brandon? To come back and see one of those rockstars reference your story, and in that moment you realize why this all works. Because we can all help each other in some way. To see that people admire anything about my story is a shock to me, because it was just my story...but now I see my story isn't even mine. It belongs here to this cause and to all these people who now need it more than me. "

I think that says it all pretty well. Thank you everyone for the grace and courage you have bestowed upon me or rather loaned me from your own personal stock to get me to this amazing point in my life. I am excited and hopeful that if 77 days feels this good 154 is gonna feel pretty dang awesome as well! Looking forward to it!

Have a blessed night all.

Your old pal,
    Jeffro

You are my hero!
    Isn't it great?

I bet you can remember everything about France
    Right?

Thank you for the update!

You got the secret for keeping it !

Sharing your experience ...And strength!
    And
    You will do very well!

3 legs to the token ..
    Service.
    Recovery
    Unity

We are
    Loving life
    Clean In

Bette
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-26-2015 at 11:13 PM.

MyBestAttempt is offline New Member

Hello All. Not sure if I'm imputing my story in the correct place but I'm trying. I'm preparing to go cold turkey off pain pills. I have taken Wed-Sunday off work and will take my last dose tomorrow afternoon. I'm scared! I'm planning to pick up some supplies listed in the Thomas Recipe tomorrow. I'm scared!! My usage is completely unknown to my family. I'm planning on "having the flu". I'll be trying to track my progress by communicating here as I can't at home. Any help or advice/suggestions anyone has will be extremely appreciated.

My best attempt
    wrote to you on the other thread you posted on ..

If you can start your own thread you will get support..
    It really helps
    Bette

Jeffro
    You are doing great!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-02-2015 at 03:42 AM.

cstrick6313 is offline New Member

Good morning Jeffro!! CStrick here to tell you congrats on deciding to get off the opiate train!! You won't regret it! I am 74 days sober today, but I had a 7-year habit that ended up with me taking 90-200mg of Oxycodone daily! Mine started from surgery on my knee and my pain clinic kept feeding me what I wanted. By March of this year both my hubby and I had had enough! We were close to losing everything due to our addictions!! We went through a medical facility in my local community because our habits were too far along nor did we have the self discipline to tapper off like you have. I greatly commend you for being able to do that!! Anyway, they started me on Suboxone 8mg twice a day, and I'm now with a pain doc who is also an addictionologist...and I now take 3 a day to control my pain. I actually get more pain relief from suboxone than i ever did oxycodone!! I just wanted to share that in case you find the Thomas recipe isn't working for you.
    I do remember times of not having any pills though and was able to get clonodine from a friend. It does help! In fact, my hubby is using it now to get off of his suboxone. I also found that soaking in very warm water would ease the leg cramps and restlessness. If you feel up to taking a walk do that. If not, rest will be good to help your body heal and get through this week. Like someone else posted the Immodium AD will help with the loose stomach if you have that. If you do take 3-4 every 6-8 hours. Sleep when you can, but don't try to force it if you can't as that will only make you feel worse.
    I wish you the best of luck, and I would also suggest going to some AA or NA meetings as well. It will help to have others to be around who can identify with you. Please be aware that there are some people who target others (even at meetings) to sell drugs to! The reason I suggest going to meetings is because we trend to replace one addiction with another--sometimes without even realizing we are doing that. Please keep us posted on your progress!! I will keep you in my prayers. And remember... Recovery is a journey, not a destination! Take it one day at a time... One minute at a time if you need to!!

My best attempt.... It would help others give you feedback if you can include what you take, how much you take, and how long you've been taking it. Cold turkey isn't the best method for anyone who doesn't have all the information needed to do that. You will also need some type of support system in place to help you in those weak moments that will come once you reach a certain point of withdrawal.

Sincerely and with the best hope for you!!
    CStrick

So proud of you!!!!! I didn't realize the post I replied to earlier was from so many days ago... I'm new to posting. Sorry for my error! I'm 74 days sober too and know what you mean by saying life is great!! It also sounds like you have a great recovery program!! Kudos!! It makes all the difference!! Keep up the recovery journey!!

Best wishes!!
    CStrick6313

Howdy friends!

Your old pal Jeffro here, just checking in to proudly report I collected my 90 day chip last night at NA Cha-ching! Moreover, I am feeling incredible about it! I didn't think feeling this good so soon was even possible. It shows we are all different so to the new comer that may be reading this right now I hope it gives you strength to know that there is no definite sentence with the suffering. I am grateful to be in recovery, and it wasn't easy but I have to admit things are looking and feeling superb now. I pray that all of you find this place sooner rather than later.

IF you had cancer but found out the cure was sitting and talking about it for an hour a day you wouldn't even think about it right? Addiction is no different... get to some meetings and witness the change for yourself.

Your old pal,
    Jeffro
    Iluv2smile likes this.

I love that!

You are right..
    We never thought twice about spending so much time
    Or
    Energy driving around to use pills...

We can at the least do the same for our recovery!
    Congratulations !

Howdy folks!

Today is day 112 off opiates:
    Sorry its been such a long time since my last post. Just been busy with life! Something happened to me the last few days that I felt I needed to post about, the obsession seems to have come back a little, I'm not about to break or anything but I forgot how long it had been since I felt any sort of urge or anything. I suppose I could call what happened a craving but I don't really think that was it. It was more of this panic feeling of hopelessness that I used to experience that kept saying to me are you really going to do this forever? Do you really think you can. And I answer yes but there was about a half second delay in reaction that really scared me.

Anyways, other than that I have been doing awesome, and actually have been feeling pretty damn close to normal up until this challenge has popped up! I am sure its just my brain trying to return to normal function or something I need to endure for a while and it will go away. I am getting better at not listening to my brain when it tells me to do stupid things. Was just surprised cause I thought all those feelings were in the past. I guess not, but hey that is ok. I am still clean and am here to say hi to everyone and admit that I have had a rough couple days! It happens and I'm sure it won't be the last time!

I hope you are all doing well and continue to fight the good fight!!!

Your old pal,
    Jeffro

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast