Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree66Likes
Detoxing tomorrow
    Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Good for you!
    This continues to be our fight of a lifetime!
    In return we get a lifetime
    Of
    Knowing!
    Knowing what it felt like
    To feel
    Hopeless and helpless..
    Only those of us that can admit to having gone through that
    Get to experience the opposite
    Happiness
    Contentment!

I believe the feeling you had and I have
    Sometimes..
    Are just tiny reminders
    Of
    1. How far we have come
    2.it could all be lost in a split second..

Once we are past the withdrawals
    We are not cured..
    We have a chronic disease..
    That
    There is no known cure!
    But
    We can treat it!
    Actively
    Each day..
    With
    A little gratitude
    Support to others
    And just being present in the moment..

Take your rough days
    And know
    Great days are just around the corner..
    Without both
    Life would be boring!!!

You are doing so good..
    You have worked so hard!
    I feel privileged to have seen you go through this!
    You give us hope!
    Thank you
    Bette
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-01-2015 at 03:19 PM.

Tiredofopiates is offline New Member

Bette you are correct, as the saying goes "we didn't start using over night, so you can't expect to be cured overnight"

I was a heaving user oxycodon 100mg daily I'm on day 4 and I feel good...

2 things that really helped me was CBD oil, which is cannibus oil with out the THC effects...it is GREAT Google the benefits.

Also go on YouTube a listen to Jason Mraz "I won't give up" It gives me goosebumps, it so powerful to see ex military members and young and old people who went through a tough time.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-03-2015 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Mis spelling

getmylifebackagain is offline Junior Member

Jeffro- your story is awesome man! Your attitude about the whole thing has been pretty much positive the whole way. I think that's what it takes to overcome this thing. I'm at 18 days clean today and can say that its the best thing in my life to be kicking this >>>>. I hope you're still doing good man. Best believe your story and chronicles of your journey are helping people here. I read stories for a week before I decided to jump basically cold turkey.

BTW: I live in the Pacific Northwest also how are you enjoying this almost record breaking heat wave?

jeffro6527 is offline Member

Howdy folks! Miss me?! Well I missed all of you!

Bette- you are so amazingly sweet, generous and loyal. Thank you for always being here for me. You have seen me fall to my worst and now rise to my best You rock and I know I'm not the only one by a long shot that you have helped!

getmylifebackagain- Thanks for the kind words my friend. 18 days is huge! Congratulations on that! Keep it going one day at a time, and one day all those days will string together to make up the rest of your life You know its funny a lot of people have commented on my attitude and how it was different than most. I can't tell you what that is all about. I only know this from my perspective not anyone elses. Seems to me though that humbling yourself before it helps a lot. I remember thinking I am going to suffer either way, but I can choose what to focus on. Its all choices in the end, good or bad, right or wrong. At the end of the day I chose to not live the life that I was living. I remember saying to myself constantly I do not chose this life! And its funny if you say things and mean them your attitude and perspective begins to also change.
    Now, I'm not going to sit here and tell you its all been peaces and cream because it hasnt. But TODAY I am so grateful that I was bestowed the grace to endure this, that is what keeps me going.

Write yourself some lists of pros and cons of using you will see the cons far outweigh the pros. When I have a bad day now I pray for better days. When I want to frown, I try to smile. Again, our attitude and perspective is really the only part of this we can change so why not make every little bit count in guarenteeing your own success? Also, if you haven't already noticed the other connection that seemed to make me handle this the way I did was huge amounts (still my daily routine) of exercise and diet. I started down that road 2 years before I quit the opiates so it wasn't hard to stay on it. But there is something amazing to be said about what pushing your body that hard does to your mentality. Its humbling but also very empowering. I can't say enough about how much it has helped me. I have literally never felt bad, went and worked out, and felt anything less than awesome afterwards. Gotta just keep getting yourself up, don't over think it and just do it!

If you need any health or exercise tips let me know happy to help!!

Let me know how you are doing and if there is anything else I can do to help. So proud of you already, keep it going!

Also, I am not an everyday member but going to NA/AA meetings has helped a bunch also. give one a shot sometime

Last but certainly not least (maybe the greatest): meditation! The first fruits of meditation are serenity and emotional balance. Give it a shot! Start with 5-10 min twice a day and work yourself up to 30-40 min twice a day. There are tons of great guided meditations out there to choose from. I like the jai institute of parenting and Deepak Chopra! In fact, Deepak and Oprah Winfried are doing 21 days of meditation right now (I think we are on day 2 or 3 today). Google it and check it out,, amazingly good and easy to follow!

Your old pal,
    Jeffro
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-14-2015 at 05:08 PM.
    Daytripper77 and Iluv2smile like this.

Thank you so much..
    I am so happy to hear you are doing so well..
    Life is much better
    Free!

The world is your oyster!
    You get to create the life you want !

Like a second chance!

Much better to do it now
    After having gone through so much!

Now we know what is
    Real!
    And how to be present in the moment!

That is a gift..

On own network
    Oprahs network
    They have
    Super Soul Sunday..
    oMG
    It is awesome...

All the Mystics and spiritual people
    Plus some very successful people
    Who are actually pretty spiritual..
    Caroline Myss
    Marianne Williamson
    Deepak Chopra
    Russel Simmons

Share their
    Experience
    Strength
    And
    Hope..

It is on Sunday's .
    But we have ON Demand
    here
    In California
    And you can watch it whenever..

You will love it !
    Probably on you tube too!

Thank you for the update!

Someday We will meet all our
    brothers and sisters
    In recovery!

I don't think we can go through something like this
    That is so life changing
    For only this moment..

I don't know where
    I don't know why

But I do know sometime!

Until then

We are dancing
    Through life
    Clean
    in
    2015!

Take care
    Bette
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-14-2015 at 10:21 PM.

Howdy y'all!

Your old pal Jeffro here, just popping on to let ya know I'm still clean and serene

Just went and looked at the calendar, looks like today is 142 days clean! Feeling great about that! I think the best part is when you're not even sure how long its been anymore because it means its not consuming your thoughts. I am really getting to a great place. Things are starting to look really bright for me.

I have decided to not live my life based on FEAR anymore. I chose to be the HERO of my story. I am ready for that hero's journey whatever or wherever it brings me. I feel the universe and powers I dare not define calling me. I am just not sure yet what it is I will do. I am sure though if I continue to listen and pay attention it will all become clear to me at the very moment it is meant to. Wow I am pretty sure I just defined faith...haha I NEVER had that in my life before getting clean and I must say it feels pretty incredible to believe in something I can't sense with anything other than my heart.

I want to sign off with this story which I find incredible, and I hope whoever reads this finds it exactly when they need it most:

ONE EVENING, AN ELDERLY
    CHEROKEE BRAVE TOLD HIS
    GRANDSON ABOUT A BATTLE THAT
    GOES ON INSIDE PEOPLE.

HE SAID "MY SON, THE BATTLE IS
    BETWEEN TWO 'WOLVES' INSIDE US ALL.
    ONE IS EVIL. IT IS ANGER,
    ENVY, JEALOUSY, SORROW,
    REGRET, GREED, ARROGANCE,
    SELF-PITY, GUILT, RESENTMENT,
    INFERIORITY, LIES, FALSE PRIDE,
    SUPERIORITY, AND EGO.

THE OTHER IS GOOD.
    IT IS JOY, PEACE LOVE, HOPE SERENITY,
    HUMILITY, KINDNESS, BENEVOLENCE,
    EMPATHY, GENEROSITY,
    TRUTH, COMPASSION AND FAITH."

THE GRANDSON THOUGH ABOUT
    IT FOR A MINUTE AND THEN ASKED
    HIS GRANDFATHER:

"WHICH WOLF WINS?..."

THE OLD CHEROKEE SIMPLY REPLIED,
    "THE ONE THAT YOU FEED"

Take care of yourselves and remember TODAY you shall not fail!

Your old pal,
    Jeffro

ILove that !
    I just said the same thing a couple of times on here last week..
    the choice is ours and with every disisicion one side is nurtured..

it really is not that hard to have the recovering serene and joyful side to grow..
    it just takes practice..

you are doing great
    thank you for the update..
    Bette

Howdy everyone! Been way too long, sorry about that!

I think the reason I haven't posted in so long is because the story of our lives gets longer and longer each day and the task of updating forums becomes more and more daunting! So much has happened to me and in my life all for the absolute best since my last post and definitely since I started this thread 9 months ago!!!

That's right I said 9 months ago....drum roll..... that's correct folks I have been clean of ALL opiates (except the natural ones produced in my noggin) for 9 full months now!

What an amazing journey its been. I am at a point now that I am at total peace with it. The obsession of hating them is starting to fade, or at least not seem as important as it did. I know they are the absolute death of me should I return but that's no reason or excuse to dwell on things!

I am still doing everything I love plus opened another new business with my wife and am in the middle of recruitment for our local Search and Rescue team I figure I am always out in the woods doing what I love, what was missing is being of service to my community and fellow man. I am not even officially on the team yet but I can tell you the pride that wells within is amazing and I finally feel.... at peace.

We all have our paths and what has worked for me may not be your answer, but just incase this tiny recount of my journey helps one person find what I have found, than its truly my pleasure to have shared it.

I probably won't be on regularly, not gonna lie. I am busy from the time my eyes open til the time they close but I will do my best to check in more regularly.

Just remember everytime you think you can't do this there are thousands of people who give in and thousands who stay the course. Its your choice and your life, make it count.

I remain forever, your old pal,

Jeffro
    Catrina and Iluv2smile like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Jeffro!!!!!

Congratulations. You sound fabulous. So exciting and I'm so proud of you. Miss you though...remember the pay it forward. Doesn't need to be every day but honestly, pop in and post here and help one other person with your story. So inspirational. It's important to see folks come back and say they not only did it, they are still doing it (recovery that is!).

Peace, (I always sign off that way because I am wishing everyone to find peace. You did just that.)

Cat
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Hi Cat Great to see you're here doing the tough work in the trenches!! Thanks for the post, I am actually tailoring a business to help addicts that will be operated by addicts: Just wanted ya to know that even if you dont see me posting too regularly the spirit of paying if forward is driving this ship still:

Youre the best Cat thanks again for all the love and encouragement!!

Your old pal,,
    Jeffro
    Iluv2smile and Catrina like this.

Omg
    Jeffro
    Congratulations!
    Life is good isn't it?
    I am so proud of you..
    I am 11 months and it is so much better..
    Just to be ..
    Be happy with where we are at!
    I never thought I would be happy to just live my life..

Thank you so much for the update..
    I have been hanging around when I have time and it is so great to have an update from you because I do
    Remember your journey!
    You earned every smile on your face!
    Take care!
    Happy Holidays !
    Bette

JeffRob887 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro6527 View Post
    Hi all,

I am about to start my detox tomorrow and was hoping for some insight from you all. I have already got all the supplements and prescription drugs needed to ease the WDs from the Thomas recipe and a few other sources. I am mostly wondering if the WDs are going to be very bad for me or if I am just getting myself all worked up.

I have been abusing norco (10-325) x 12 / day. I was at x6 /day about 5 years ago when this all started after a car accident. Obviously my tolerance has gone up quite a bit. I stopped needing these for the pain about a year after the crash but convinced myself somehow that I either needed them or that I didn't want to or couldn't stop.

I decided I have had enough of this and about 6 weeks ago started tapering. I am proud to say that in that time I have not cheated once and have stuck to the taper no matter how uncomfortable it got at times. I am now taking 3x / day (30 mg/day) and the WDs have gotten constant enough that I think its just time to quit. What I am wondering is will this get much worse than its been? Am I scared of it for no reason? Looking back the last 6 weeks have been no picnic. Also I have the next 5 days off work to get through this and then I have to go back. Its a busy time of year and I run a company so my absence is rare to say the least. Do you think I will be good enough by then? I am hoping that I am worried/scared and it won't be as bad as I think it will be.

My symptoms off and on over the last several weeks:
    -Extreme hot and cold flashes (like shirt soaked with sweat)
    -Headaches
    -Anxiety
    -Skin crawling feeling
    -irregular sleep

Again these have not been constant usually only for 2-4 days after i reduce my dose. Any insight is appreciated.

Also, please do not take this as me being rude but I am not looking for any responses that include horror stories of this lasting the rest of my life and suicide is imminent. Save those for someone else, I am very head strong and I am going to conquer this thing, I have to.

P.S. I am an avid cyclist (4-5 x/week), and I also have a personal trainer that I workout with 4-5x/week. I am extremely fit and low bodyfat percentage. I wouldn't normally say this but from what I've read it may make a difference.

Kindest Regards,
    Jeffro
    You can do it! Do it one day at a time. You're on the right track! Good thing you have a hobby that will keep you busy.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffRob887 View Post
    You can do it! Do it one day at a time. You're on the right track! Good thing you have a hobby that will keep you busy.
    Haha thanks jeffrob but that post is 9 months old, been clean ever since then just came back to say hi to some old friends and offer some help to folks who need it
    Iluv2smile and Catrina like this.

Congratulations and the very best of wishes on your new business endeavor. What an inspiration and way to give it back. If you were right here, I'd kiss you (the motherly kind...I'm old! ). Love this!

Peace,

Cat

Default absent but not a statistic!

Hey all,

Guess who?!? Sorry to kick up this dusty old thread but I figured today was as significant a day as any to pop back in with a progress/life update....

Drum roll....

TODAY MARKS 2 YEARS CLEAN FROM OPIATES!

Life is good my friends. I have been and continue to find a much much more profound and enriched existence in this life from this choice I made, the choice to really live, 2 years ago. Looking back at my journey thus far I can see how insane I was at times and how polarized my thinking was. Ultimately I went from not ever truly feeling anything to being flooded by emotions to the point I couldn't control them.

This isn't an acceptance speak, and I don't expect any applause. All I can hope for is that this story goes back to the top of the list so someone else who is where I once was will find it and in some small way benefit from seeing what I went through and see that an alternate reality is possible.

I always embraced the fact that success rates were so dismal. Why? Because I am totally that guy. The guy that will prove something just for the point of not accepting settling for anything less. That perseverance has served me very well. In fact, in many ways it is probably the major contributing factor of why I have been able to stay clean.

The obsession is over. I don't hate them anymore. I don't like them either. They just are what they are. I agree that we disagree with each other and have moved on. This place is awesome to be in.

I made a decision to help others and it is amazing when you put that energy into the world how seamlessly you seem to be introduced to people that NEED you. I have been working with several people who suffer from PTSD, helping them find naturopathic therapies to aid their recovery. Its been a new lease on life for me, and if you ever haven't truly helped someone try it....its absolutely infectious!!!

That plus all my sports and business travels seem to keep me searching for that 25th hour in each day. Funny when I was detoxing I would have killed for a 23 hour day...now all I can think of is making the most of the time I have been granted. Make it count my friends, our time is truly the only priceless gift we can give others.

I remain, your old pal,

Jeffro
    Catrina and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Anonymous Guest

Default Congratulations!

Jeffro - applause is given even if you do not want it. What an awesome testimonial. You sound so positive. I have been on these boards for more than 2 years and remember you well. People should read your story. You were so down in the dumps in the beginning, but obviously pulled yourself up and more. To help other people in this fight is commendable to say the least. Keep doing what you are doing--loving the life that you now captured. You are an inspiration to many many people on here.

Hope
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Congrats, Jeffro,

As usual, a wonderful update. What an inspiration you are, my friend. I'm thankful that you stop in every now and then to spread the love and to let us know how you're doing and what new project you're working on. Finding or rediscovering our compassion for others and taking the next step to do something about it has been perhaps the number one reason I have managed to stay clean this long. It's difficult to explain what this seemingly simple thing does, but I do know that once I felt the rewards, I knew I was onto something. Anything we do for others is returned multiple times over.

Always good to see your name pop up here. Made my day.

Peace,

Cat

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345