Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Lisa44ann
Did I do the right thing ?
    Lisa44ann is offline New Member

Default Did I do the right thing ?

I have been with a man for 2 years ...and found out 5 months ago he had been snorting opiates our whole relationship, I thought his issues were because of him being diabetic. I have been on an emotional roller-coaster trying to help him through this. He cries to me saying he wants to detox but never does ....there is always an excuse as to why he can't. Last weekend he had me stay with him so he could detox and I could help him but apparently he was still using and just wanted my company. I gave up my whole weekend away from my daughter to help him and I was devastated to find him still using. So I walked away.....told him I can't help him
    ..that he has to do this for himself. He has begged and pleaded that he has no one else who loves him like i do and not to walk away ...but I did. I blocked him from all forms of communication. I have not spoken to him in well over a week. He left a letter on my porch the other day saying how he loves me and when he gets clean we will be together forever and he will be free from the drug. But then added an excuse as to why he could not go into detox. His excuse is that he is afraid of the pain and that he will die because he is a diabetic. I cant deal with the roller-coaster of emotions and the lying and minipulation any more. Did I do the right thing by walking away ?
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hi Lisa
    Welcome
    No one can tell u who you should be with or when it's time to walk away. This is your decision.
    But if u think there's a chance that he might clean up his act, let me ask a few questions: What kind of opiates is he snorting? If it's pills, he can detox cold turkey in less than a week. If it's something else, please indicate.
    Check out Catrina's thread in Need To Talk. She kicked pills successfully and has much knowledge.
    I am acquainted with several people who have detoxed all kinds of drugs while being diabetic. So, it can be done.
    It's important to know What he's taking and how much. You said it's been 2 years that u know of but might he have been using before that as well?
    No one can decide for an addict. Only they can decide to quit. You have a small child to consider. Is it his child?
    Post when u can. In the meantime, hang in there and protect that child!!

crazyfrog is offline Banned

You did the right thing. Opiates make All rip even their own mother off.