Do i need an er??
    Piercedpik is offline New Member

Default Do i need an er??

Im in withdrawles from prescription painkillers like percocet and hydromorphone
    and the anxiety is becoming waaay too much for me and I already have an underlying anxiety and panic attack problem
    I feel nearly uncontrolled
    Should I go to the hospital?

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

You started two threads, best to stick to one. But normally, as bad as they feel, withdrawals are not dangerous. There is no need to go to the ER unless you become dehydrated. If you can sip water and keep most of it down without vomiting, you are probably fine. If you have Immodium, be sure to take some as it will help the runs and keep you from becoming dehydrated.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thisweekforsure View Post
    You started two threads, best to stick to one. But normally, as bad as they feel, withdrawals are not dangerous. There is no need to go to the ER unless you become dehydrated. If you can sip water and keep most of it down without vomiting, you are probably fine. If you have Immodium, be sure to take some as it will help the runs and keep you from becoming dehydrated.
    I agree with thisweekforsure, definitely stick to one thread.

Cold turkey detox from opiates is not dangerous but the anxiety can be overwhelming for some. If you think you need to go to the ER then by all means you should go but I'm not sure what they can/will do for you! Keep us updated? Good luck... God bless us all!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-18-2016 at 11:37 PM.