Does Gabapentin help with oxycodone withdraws
    sd8899 is offline New Member

Default Does Gabapentin help with oxycodone withdraws

I'm on day four of quitting Oxycodone. I was taking 10mg four times a day for years. For the past two years I have also been on 50mcg/hr Fentenyl patch. I've had six spinal surgeries since '98 and decided after the first of the year that I was done with it. I don't even take them for pain anymore. I take them to keep from getting withdraws. I saw several people post that they used Gabapentin for relief of the withdraws and I called my Dr. and just asked if it would help my nerve pains from all the pinched nerves and nerve damage and he prescribed me 200mg three times a day. Like I said, I'm on day four and started taking the gabapentin about 24 hours ago as prescribed and haven't noticed any relief from my symptoms, jerking skin crawling antsie and just not being able to sit still. haven't had any sleep in four days. Do I need to up the dose to get some relief. Thanks for any input

ibarbodelli is offline New Member

I took it to help with Benzo taper.

I'm not sure if it helped or hurt to be honest. Maybe it helped... maybe it hurt. Honestly I can't figure out.

rainbowpoots is offline Member

Ive been using it 2mg at night for sleep. 10 days sober now! Helped me along with hylands restful legs and aleve.

sd8899 is offline New Member

Thanks for the input, I used it last night and got six hours of sleep. That was the first sleep in five days. I think it helped

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

I took it for a while and it did nothing for me. I've heard others say that it can be difficult to quit too if you take it too long. I don't know if it helped you sleep or if you would have slept anyway without it. I'm not sure of it's mechanism of action but it supposedly mimics the brain's GABA. I'd be careful with anything that messes with those neurotransmitters.

Shawnamama is offline Junior Member

It has helped many people that I know of. My dad thinks it's a god send. I took it Sunday night and Monday night and it put me to sleep even when I have RLS. I think it helps the RLS or I go to sleep before it fully kicks in. I haven't tried it during the day cause I have a hard enough time staying awake but when my dad kicked last month he took it during the day and worked just fine. Look up reviews... It seems to really do the trick for opiate withdrawls. if only it helped with cravings