Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Smilingstorm
  • 1 Post By Inmytree
  • 1 Post By Inmytree
Drowning in pharmaceuticals
    Inmytree is offline New Member

Question Drowning in pharmaceuticals

This is my first post here, but am facing withdrawal from both vicodin and xanax together, and am truly scared. I'm hoping to find help here, in what to expect as I roll into the abyss...

I've been taking Vicodin, at first 5mg 4x/day, then increased to 7.5mg 4x/day a couple of years ago. My doses ranged anywhere from 15mg/day to sometimes 60mg/day, depending on my pain levels (and how many I had left until the next refill, as I always ran low towards the end of the month), for ~8 years.

I've been taking Xanax regularly for around 9 years. At first, it was 0.5mg 3x/day, then upped to 2.5mg 3x/day a few years back- I saved the spare 15 pills/15mg to have on hand for high anxiety days, or the days I work 16 hours and have to cover more awake time. Before then, I had taken Xanax, but never really on any regular schedule, just as needed. I've had anxiety issues since my mother passed in 1994.... In 2007, after a year in my current job and lots of life issues, my anxiety got out of control and I began taking it regularly. Also for anxiety, I'm taking Buspar- in conjunction with the Xanax - 15mg 3x/day.

I'm also taking 10mg/day of Lexapro for depression, which I have been wanting to stop taking, but under the circumstances now, quitting three at once may throw me over the edge, so I'm not sure I'll stop that now, unless it may make it easier somehow?

Also to clarify, I have been on these meds legally, all through prescriptions through my primary care RNP. I have an appointment Tuesday, but due to a random urine test I didn't pass a few weeks ago due to smoking a little weed (as a pain symptom supplement, to lessen my use of the opiates), I've been cut off from any more scheduled scrips. I am 99% sure she will not be able legally, due to federal schedule laws, to help me taper beyond what I have right now, even if she were so inclined- which I am afraid she will not be. The letter I recieved in the mail was pretty clear, no more scheduled drugs for me.

Speaking of that letter, that should be illegal right there. Threw me into an immediate tailspin, wanting to swallow all I had of both to forget about that letter.... That's how people die. There should be better safety nets in place for depressed anxiety ridden patients with chronic pain issues.

So how to taper? I currently have 30 tabs of 7.5mg vicodin, and 26 tabs of 1mg Xanax. I'm aiming for the best taper possible.

I cannot possibly miss work, which is a huge issue. Funny thing about that is, that's where it all started- before this job, I took nothing on a regular basis besides my asthma inhalers and benadryl & ibuprofen. I was injured on the job in late 2008, which led to elbow surgery, and thus began my descent into the Vicodin fog. It also accelerated my anxiety issues to near debilitating, and then stress induced chronic IBSD hit me hard ~6 years ago. Both painfully depressing, and physically painful. I needed the Vicodin later in those 9 years more for my chronic abdominal ache and cramping, than I needed it for my elbow and other aches and pain/injuries from work. I do very physically laborious work- outside in the heat right now- with horrible late night/early morning hours, driving ~2500 miles a month. My hours create a severe lack of decent sleep during the week. My job is also UBER stressful, both in and out of the office, so I am truly frightened tenfold about working during my withdrawal..... After reading through others struggles, and WD side effects, how could I not be scared ****less?

I am open to any advice, and if I haven't covered something, I am an open book, please ask.
    Namaste
    >kate

Smilingstorm is offline Senior Member

Kate,
    It's important that you connect with someone in regards to the Xanax weaning. Ricky71 knows a lot about the topic. Xanax weaning is not the same as an opiate WD. I don't know much outside that you will need to be weaned. A doctor may help you with that more so than the opiate.

The opiate you are on is "low" or some may think. I too did about what you are doing of the Vicodin. Because the Vicodin is a short acting opiate and not extended, I would seriously consider either getting rid of them or putting the 30 you have up. I suffer from chronic pain and have been 21 days clean from Vicoden. I stopped right about the amount you take right now. I ran out of pills! If you can not take them and allow yourself to WD, I strongly urge you to do so. The amount your taking could be a fairly short weaning. Jusy going CT may save you much time in the WD phase.

Perhaps you can read through my posts, foolishnomore, Marybee, Ricky71 for insight as to how to start the WD of opiates. It's super important to go out and buy the basics. Thomas Recipe. I worked and volunteered during my WD. It wasn't easy but I had no choice and did it! You can to!

Lexapro is a topic for another day. I would see if you can find some info on here on the Xanax withdraw and tapering safely. I would start with getting rid of Vicodin as you are starting your taper with Xanax. But get some help from people that know Xanax! I do know they will recommend cold turkey on the Vicodin. Why put off what you can do today? By weaning, you may just prolong the stinkiness of WD.

Sending you lots of positive and prayers.

-stormy
    Catrina likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Kate - let's talk about the xanax first then we'll get into everything else after? You have been on the xanax for 9 years and for the last few years you've been taking 7.5mg/day? You have to be extremely careful tapering the xanax! Xanax is very dangerous to come off of if not done correctly! A very slow taper of 5-10% a week is the recommended taper schedule and I would be on the slower and of that for you because of how much and how long you've been taking it! I'll check in later for your response? God bless us all!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Kate - let's talk about the xanax first then we'll get into everything else after? You have been on the xanax for 9 years and for the last few years you've been taking 7.5mg/day? You have to be extremely careful tapering the xanax! Xanax is very dangerous to come off of if not done correctly! A very slow taper of 5-10% a week is the recommended taper schedule and I would be on the slower and of that for you because of how much and how long you've been taking it! I'll check in later for your response? God bless us all!
    The xanax, I've been taking 1mg in the am, 1mg in the afternoon, and 0.5mg before bed- 7.5mg/day would be hellish, and I'd be asleep all the time! Thank goodness, no. T Monday and Tuesday I took a total of 2mg, W-T-F I only took 1.5mg, all spaced morning, afternoon, and bedtime. So I'm already cutting back. This happened when I got the letter, as it stated she would no longer prescribe scheduled drugs due to weed in my urine. What kills me is I could have smoked a pound of me the and it would never have shown up....
    I do not think weed is harmful, not like prescription drugs are.
    Thanks, both of you- it took me a few minutes to find responses, wasn't imagining they'd come so quick.
    Namaste
    >kate

The xanax, I've been taking 1mg in the am, 1mg in the afternoon, and 0.5mg before bed- 7.5mg/day would be hellish, and I'd be asleep all the time! Thank goodness, no. T Monday and Tuesday I took a total of 2mg, W-T-F I only took 1.5mg, all spaced morning, afternoon, and bedtime. So I'm already cutting back. This happened when I got the letter, as it stated she would no longer prescribe scheduled drugs due to weed in my urine. What kills me is I could have smoked a pound of meth and it would never have shown up....
    Thanks, both of you- it took me a few minutes to find responses, wasn't imagining they'd come so quick.
    Namaste
    >kate

Quote Originally Posted by Inmytree View Post
    The xanax, I've been taking 1mg in the am, 1mg in the afternoon, and 0.5mg before bed- 7.5mg/day would be hellish, and I'd be asleep all the time! Thank goodness, no. T Monday and Tuesday I took a total of 2mg, W-T-F I only took 1.5mg, all spaced morning, afternoon, and bedtime. So I'm already cutting back. This happened when I got the letter, as it stated she would no longer prescribe scheduled drugs due to weed in my urine. What kills me is I could have smoked a pound of meth and it would never have shown up....
    Kate - you are going to have to find a way to get more xanax or something similar like ativan? You will not be able to taper with 26 1mg xanax! You can not quit xanax cold turkey either, the risk for seizure or worse is very high for someone as yourself that has been on xanax as long as you have and for as much as you take! I don't nean to scare you but you have to taper benzos, especially xanax very slow at the rate that I mentioned earlier in my other post! Xanax withdrawal is worse than any other detox you can imagine, I repeat you have to taper very very slow! I urge you to contact that doctor again and plead for at least the xanax to help you taper if not you're going to have to find another way or another doctor or some other place to get them? Let us know your thoughts and concerns? We'll do our best to help you get through this so keep your thread updated? Take care... God bless us all!

Ricky, that's what I'm so afraid of.... Because of the federal laws, it will have to be a non-narcotic from my RNP, as she won't prescribe me any more FDA schedule anything meds. Or something homeopathic (aka a placebo).
    I'm afraid my medical records will be flagged like an addict with those results forever, in which the weed was a violation of the pain contract they insisted I sign last year. If I hadn't signed then, or hadn't given them a urine sample a few weeks ago (I couldn't even walk to my car before I'd peed), I wouldn't have gotten my refills last month, and would have had to have gone stone CT..... I didn't realize (stupidly) that they were doing a full drug panel, not just looking for my prescribed meds. The lab lady told me it was to make sure I wasn't selling my meds, and that I was actually taking them like I was supposed to. Which I was. The test showed everything as it should have been. But then there was the weed. It holistically helps both my pain and anxiety.

After I took the test, they had to send it off, so I was able to get my (unbeknownst to me my last) scrips before the test came back. We went on vacation, and the letter was here when we returned home. So I didn't know and I took my meds as usual, not realizing I was screwed until this past Sunday night. And I began the taper Monday. And my anxiety is UBER HIGH.... The taper is not my friend....

I've been wondering if my medical record would follow me if I go back to a psychiatrist- showing my urine analysis, my big red flag stating I'm not worthy of human decency? I can go back to the place I went before she became my primary care. When I began seeing her, she told me she could take care of all my scrips. Where I live, all doctors offices are under the same monolithic hospital chain, so I assume they are fully accessible by other doctors? Possibly doctors even out if the system where I live? Even with a small glimmer of hope I'm gripping onto, I believe the result of that will be no help for me, because of my positive weed urinalysis. But they didn't act like it would be a huge issue, like they weren't testing for that.... But they did, and I assume I will be blackballed from getting any anti-anxiety meds anywhere, as it's in my permanent record. I would love to hear that just isn't true, but I'm not that stupid. The 26 may be all I have to taper with.

I guess I will have the definitive answer Tuesday afternoon, when I have my check up appt with my RNP.

Since the FDA made the schedules of drugs, the temperature in that office has changed to gestalt style, and they make us all chronic sufferers look & feel like, as well as treat us like, crazy eyed addicts. I believe my doctors office has been trying to wash it's hands of us chronic pain and anxiety folks, hence the pain contract. I can't put into words how sad and infuriated I am all at once about that... I think it goes against every oath they take to care for their patients. And the contract gives them an easy out to wash their hands of us. She prescribed them all these years- the xanax, and the vicodin. With apparently no regard to what it would eventually do to me, and never with any talk of me possibly stopping taking them No, not blaming her entirely- she didn't shove them down my throat- but I can't fathom her not helping me do this quitting as responsibly and safely as possible.... Or any medical provider for that matter....

(Sorry I get so long winded and if there are typos)
    spacie1985 likes this.
    Namaste
    >kate

Stormy, how long did your WD last? I just got back from a week off work for vacation, so I'm not in the position to take a lot of time off right now. But I may be able to work out a 3-4 day weekend? I will not be able to do my job during withdrawal because my job is just too much to handle when my wits are about me.
    Thanks for leading me to your posts, I plan to read them later or tomorrow, depending on whether I can sleep. I've been here for so long, really need to get a few things done before trying to sleep. Thanks so much for helping me make sense of this...
    Namaste
    >kate

Ricky, that's what I'm so afraid of.... Because of the federal laws, it will have to be a non-narcotic from my RNP, as she won't prescribe me any more FDA schedule anything meds. Or something homeopathic (aka a placebo).
    I'm afraid my medical records will be flagged like an addict with those results forever, in which the weed was a violation of the pain contract they insisted I sign last year. If I hadn't signed then, or hadn't given them a urine sample a few weeks ago (I couldn't even walk to my car before I'd peed), I wouldn't have gotten my refills last month, and would have had to have gone stone CT..... I didn't realize (stupidly) that they were doing a full drug panel, not just looking for my prescribed meds. The lab lady told me it was to make sure I wasn't selling my meds, and that I was actually taking them like I was supposed to. Which I was. The test showed everything as it should have been. But then there was the weed. It holistically helps both my pain and anxiety.

After I took the test, they had to send it off, so I was able to get my (unbeknownst to me my last) scrips before the test came back. We went on vacation, and the letter was here when we returned home. So I didn't know and I took my meds as usual, not realizing I was screwed until this past Sunday night. And I began the taper Monday. And my anxiety is UBER HIGH.... The taper is not my friend....

I've been wondering if my medical record would follow me if I go back to a psychiatrist- showing my urine analysis, my big red flag stating I'm not worthy of human decency? I can go back to the place I went before she became my primary care. When I began seeing her, she told me she could take care of all my scrips. Where I live, all doctors offices are under the same monolithic hospital chain, so I assume they are fully accessible by other doctors? Possibly doctors even out if the system where I live? Even with a small glimmer of hope I'm gripping onto, I believe the result of that will be no help for me, because of my positive weed urinalysis. But they didn't act like it would be a huge issue, like they weren't testing for that.... But they did, and I assume I will be blackballed from getting any anti-anxiety meds anywhere, as it's in my permanent record. I would love to hear that just isn't true, but I'm not that stupid. The 26 may be all I have to taper with.

I guess I will have the definitive answer Tuesday afternoon, when I have my check up appt with my RNP.

Since the FDA made the schedules of drugs, the temperature in that office has changed to gestalt style, and they make us all chronic sufferers look & feel like, as well as treat us like, crazy eyed addicts. I believe my doctors office has been trying to wash it's hands of us chronic pain and anxiety folks, hence the pain contract. I can't put into words how sad and infuriated I am all at once about that... I think it goes against every oath they take to care for their patients. And the contract gives them an easy out to wash their hands of us. She prescribed them all these years- the xanax, and the vicodin. With apparently no regard to what it would eventually do to me, and never with any talk of me possibly stopping taking them No, not blaming her entirely- she didn't shove them down my throat- but I can't fathom her not helping me do this quitting as responsibly and safely as possible.... Or any medical provider for that matter....

(Sorry I get so long winded and if there are typos)
    Not sure what state you're in or what the particulars are regarding the dirty test? Here in Florida I do know people who have tested positive for things that they should not be taking and were still able to get their Oxy, Suboxone, benzos, etc... They got a warning or they would have to come in weekly for their script or something similar to that with some sort of conditions? I understand this could be different for other states, with different doctors, certain policies and procedures, etc..., etc.... etc...? You're really gonna have to convince your doc to at least continue with the Xanax, the opiate you can quit cold turkey, the Xanax you absolutely can not stop using abruptly! Here's another thing, a lot of these docs, nurse practitioners, etc. don't know diddly about these drugs that they prescribe so freely! If your current doc won't budge then you need to see someone else immediately because you have to get that Xanax to wean properly! These drug tests are serious, they not only test you for what you're not supposed to be taking but they also test you to make sure you are taking your prescribed meds as well! I wish you good luck on Tuesday with your appointment? You got to stay on the Xanax so find a way to make that happen? We can help you taper off that properly when the time comes? Hang in there! Update when you can? God bless us all!

Hi Ricky, thanks so much for your time and advice. I am hoping you will see this, as I need a little more advice.

Over the weekend I went back up to 2.5mg 3x/day of xanax. I cut too much out a few days last week, and it left me feeling really bad and really vulnerable.
    I'm attempting to prep for the showdown tomorrow, and am really worried about the outcome. I am really afraid if she cuts me off completely and won't help me taper safely, even if I can get in somewhere else, my test will be in the system and halt anyone even if they did want to help. I've read through some of the NC documents, and I want to believe I read that if it is in the patients best interest, it's possible for the doctor to make that call. She may not, but possible a psychiatrist would? I just don't know yet, which is the scariest part. And if I can get help through a psychiatrist, whether I can get in with a psych, really quick, is key as well. I do not want to end up in the hospital.

In NC, apparently they can cut you off if you have anything not prescribed in your system. Weed is classified as a schedule 1 - which is perfectly insane- is also screened for in the urinalysis. I signed a pain contract (*NOT a xanax contract*) last year, and it stipulated no doc shopping (never done) not taking more than prescribed (never done) and not having illicit drugs in your system. Sad thing is, the worst stuff comes out fast, the benign takes forever. Weed is the only thing, I haven't even had a drink in longer than I can remember. Stopped 22 years ago.
    *although it was a 'pain contract', she claimed in the letter she would no longer be able to prescribe any scheduled drugs*
    I want to add, with both the vicodin and the xanax, I would have leftovers when I got my monthly refills. Some months more than others, some less, but I NEVER ran out and had to go CT due to taking more than prescribed. I took the xanax as prescribed, and the vicodin, within a pill more or less in a day. Yes, I've had bad pain days, and bad anxiety days, and yes I have taken a few more than I should have, on occasion. I have chronic pain from injuries, a well as chronic ibs, with a boatload of debilitating abdominal pain involved. I've had every test known to man, and they haven't found anything so they call it chronic ibs. I also work in an intense, very physical, manual labor environment, which makes the idea of working through withdrawal send me into an insta-panic whirl. And I can't take off, call in sick, miss any field days- which are 4 days/week @ 10+ hour days, with random small amounts of sleep + working outside in the heat. So I'm really stuck in hell. Physically being able to do my job without meds will be a challenge I am not looking forward to.... I have agoraphobia as well, and just being in my office sends me into a panic. I need a new job haha

So advice, please- I've seen a few things that say cutting by 10% every 5 days or so is a good method. I'm going from the 3mg/day as prescribed, so that's a drop of 0.3mg every 5 days. Hard to cut them like that, and since I've been on them 9+years, should I round it down and decrease it by 0.25mg every 5 days? Currently I'm (back) at 1mg/am, 1mg/pm, and 0.5mg before bed.
    I really want to be prepared with a schedule of sorts at my appt, so she will see I am serious about kicking them. And if I have a task to keep on, hopefully I won't break down and cry.
    Thanks thanks thanks...

Hi Ricky, thanks so much for your time and advice. I am hoping you will see this, as I need a little more advice.

Over the weekend I went back up to 2.5mg 3x/day of xanax. I cut too much out a few days last week, and it left me feeling really bad and really vulnerable.
    I'm attempting to prep for the showdown tomorrow, and am really worried about the outcome. I am really afraid if she cuts me off completely and won't help me taper safely, even if I can get in somewhere else, my test will be in the system and halt anyone even if they did want to help. I've read through some of the NC documents, and I want to believe I read that if it is in the patients best interest, it's possible for the doctor to make that call. She may not, but possible a psychiatrist would? I just don't know yet, which is the scariest part. And if I can get help through a psychiatrist, whether I can get in with a psych, really quick, is key as well. I do not want to end up in the hospital.

In NC, apparently they can cut you off if you have anything not prescribed in your system. Weed is classified as a schedule 1 - which is perfectly insane- is also screened for in the urinalysis. I signed a pain contract (*NOT a xanax contract*) last year, and it stipulated no doc shopping (never done) not taking more than prescribed (never done) and not having illicit drugs in your system. Sad thing is, the worst stuff comes out fast, the benign takes forever. Weed is the only thing, I haven't even had a drink in longer than I can remember. Stopped 22 years ago.
    *although it was a 'pain contract', she claimed in the letter she would no longer be able to prescribe any scheduled drugs*
    I want to add, with both the vicodin and the xanax, I would have leftovers when I got my monthly refills. Some months more than others, some less, but I NEVER ran out and had to go CT due to taking more than prescribed. I took the xanax as prescribed, and the vicodin, within a pill more or less in a day. Yes, I've had bad pain days, and bad anxiety days, and yes I have taken a few more than I should have, on occasion. I have chronic pain from injuries, a well as chronic ibs, with a boatload of debilitating abdominal pain involved. I've had every test known to man, and they haven't found anything so they call it chronic ibs. I also work in an intense, very physical, manual labor environment, which makes the idea of working through withdrawal send me into an insta-panic whirl. And I can't take off, call in sick, miss any field days- which are 4 days/week @ 10+ hour days, with random small amounts of sleep + working outside in the heat. So I'm really stuck in hell. Physically being able to do my job without meds will be a challenge I am not looking forward to.... I have agoraphobia as well, and just being in my office sends me into a panic. I need a new job haha

So advice, please- I've seen a few things that say cutting by 10% every 5 days or so is a good method. I'm going from the 3mg/day as prescribed, so that's a drop of 0.3mg every 5 days. Hard to cut them like that, and since I've been on them 9+years, should I round it down and decrease it by 0.25mg every 5 days? Currently I'm (back) at 1mg/am, 1mg/pm, and 0.5mg before bed.
    I really want to be prepared with a schedule of sorts at my appt, so she will see I am serious about kicking them. And if I have a task to keep on, hopefully I won't break down and cry.
    Thanks thanks thanks...
    I wrote you a long post last night and now I see it has got deleted for some reason? Update when you can and let us know what happened at the doctors appointment today?

I wrote you a long post last night and now I see it has got deleted for some reason? Update when you can and let us know what happened at the doctors appointment today?
    Also, don't decrease your xanax dosage by 25%, that's too much! Follow the 5-10% rule every 5-7 days. You can do a search online for "The easiest way to taper Xanax, or any other benzo"? That website will show you how to shave the pills down correctly? I can't put up a link to the website for you because it will deleted by the mods so you'll have to do a google search for these exact words "The easiest way to taper Xanax, or any other benzo"? Good luck...

Also, don't decrease your xanax dosage by 25%, that's too much! Follow the 5-10% rule every 5-7 days. You can do a search online for "The easiest way to taper Xanax, or any other benzo"? That website will show you how to shave the pills down correctly? I can't put up a link to the website for you because it will deleted by the mods so you'll have to do a google search for these exact words "The easiest way to taper Xanax, or any other benzo"? Good luck...
    I thought I'd posted last night.... And just saw you say you had a post that got deleted as well? Hmmmm.

I would never be crazy enough to ever cut 25% at a time during the wean! I'd like to be able to do it tapering by 0.25mg/day for a week, then drop another 0 25mg, and so on.... but can't figure how to get the blue oval to break, since it's only scored for one break.... Would a pill cutter work on a small unscored half of a tiny pill? I've never used one, but I know a knife would pulverize a half of a xanax. And you're right, the shaving would have no dose control, and I can't have that happening. .

So, the big news is- my RNP is going to help me wean off of them,. And she thinks weed should be legal. But her hands are tied. Thank goodness, she prescribed 2/3 what I've been normally (90 pills) been getting, and I go back in a month. So later this week, I I'll have 60 1mg pills to taper with. Phew!

Curiously, she seems to believe 45mg/day of Buspar- which I've also been taking for 9 years- will control my panic attacks. I'm not buying that so much... We talked about upping that to the max I can take, 60mg/day. Planning to research it. Have you any knowledge about Buspar for severe GAD, and as the only medication?
    Peace
    Namaste
    >kate

I thought I'd posted last night.... And just saw you say you had a post that got deleted as well? Hmmmm.

I would never be crazy enough to ever cut 25% at a time during the wean! I'd like to be able to do it tapering by 0.25mg/day for a week, then drop another 0 25mg, and so on.... but can't figure how to get the blue oval to break, since it's only scored for one break.... Would a pill cutter work on a small unscored half of a tiny pill? I've never used one, but I know a knife would pulverize a half of a xanax. And you're right, the shaving would have no dose control, and I can't have that happening. .

So, the big news is- my RNP is going to help me wean off of them,. And she thinks weed should be legal. But her hands are tied. Thank goodness, she prescribed 2/3 what I've been normally (90 pills) been getting, and I go back in a month. So later this week, I I'll have 60 1mg pills to taper with. Phew!

Curiously, she seems to believe 45mg/day of Buspar- which I've also been taking for 9 years- will control my panic attacks. I'm not buying that so much... We talked about upping that to the max I can take, 60mg/day. Planning to research it. Have you any knowledge about Buspar for severe GAD, and as the only medication?
    Peace
    Good to hear that you'll be getting the Xanax back to taper! As far as tapering the pills, you do not cut them, you shave them down with a file/emery board.

You can do a search online for "The easiest way to taper Xanax, or any other benzo"? That website will show you how to shave the pills down correctly? I can't put up a link to the website for you because it will get deleted by the mods so you'll have to do a google search for these exact words "The easiest way to taper Xanax, or any other benzo"? Good luck...

Good to hear that you'll be getting the Xanax back to taper! As far as tapering the pills, you do not cut them, you shave them down with a file/emery board.

You can do a search online for "The easiest way to taper Xanax, or any other benzo"? That website will show you how to shave the pills down correctly? I can't put up a link to the website for you because it will get deleted by the mods so you'll have to do a google search for these exact words "The easiest way to taper Xanax, or any other benzo"? Good luck...
    Thanks for the tip Ricky, I'll look it up. I'm worried about cutting by 0.5mg each time, seems like a lot. She said she trusted me to cut back as I needed to.
    Any clue if Buspar is worth its weight in salt?
    Funny, I always thought when I was late taking my meds, that the gnawing in my belly was from the Buspar, or even the vicodin... Until now. I never realized that xanax is a really insidious drug, that can really screw your whole system up. I know now, that I never should have been on a steady dose of it for 9 years.... Hindsight.
    So pleased about being granted the right to taper, that I've *almost* forgotten I'm weaning off the vicodin too. Should be an interesting ride....
    Thanks for all the help-
    Peace
    Namaste
    >kate

Update:
    Went back yesterday, thinking I'd get a lower amount of xanax to continue the taper, and was told 'it's all in your head' . She was callous, and honestly I don't know if I will be able to go back to her. So I'm completely out, and having major withdrawal issues.

I finished the vicodin Thursday the 4th. Friday through Tuesday were unbearable. Even showering hurt, as my skin felt like hell.... But I got through it, and was so proud of myself. And then I went to my appt yesterday. It was a major deflation, and now I'm back in the same position, withdrawing again this weekend.

Only good news is I am seeing a new psych on Monday- I have to drive over an hour to get there, but I am so thankful, esp now that she cut me off, that there was a cancelation and I was able to get an appointment. I'm hoping he can straighten my meds out and keep my head above water.

Sorry for the long delay, not sure if anyone will see this now. I've been incommunicado for a while. Hard to do anything right now.

Namaste
    Kate

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

Wow I'm so sorry to hear that.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

So you're cold turkey now off both the Vicodin and any and all benzo's?? That's what they told you? You have a few Xanax left to get you through? Your State sounds INSANE if that's correct. You ok?

Wow, they've deleted my reply...

What the heck... I didn't say anything wrong, and if I did, moderators, please tell me..

I'm okish. Thankfully got a Las tribute appt with a psychiatric professional. He is straightening out my meds. No more Xanax, and I am happy for that. Am taking Ativan instead, and he switched my Lexapro to Viibryd. Hoping this will help.
    Hopefully this won't be deleted. Thanks for your concern
    Peace,
    Kate
    UncleLeo likes this.