energy after a detox?
    QuestOne is offline New Member

Default energy after a detox?

Just a quicky, Has anyone found something that gives you energy after a opiate detox, or is it just a case of time?

Quest

Sandy5353 is offline New Member

Default energy levels

Just time, been there done that. Take vitamins especially your B's for the neurotransmitters and vitamin C for immune system, and dringk protein shakes, take a walk every day. Im going thru detox as we speak.

Are you, how u getting on? what you coming off? you lost your energy aswell then.

freedom11 is offline Senior Member

hi quest - this is a struggle for everyone. google thomas recipe for list of supplements. The other thing is you have to find is your own energy (struggling with this - again - myself right now). Get out and walk or some sort of exercise everyday and more and more each day - having music with you if you on your own helps - well it does for me too - have a look at music thread. Hope that helps. Sorry you haven't had more responses. It's a big topic - everyone talks about it - so read around the discussion forum too. All the best. Love Jay xx

Thanks Freedom,

Yeah to be honest it's not such a problem anymore, Still got on energy but when i think of what i've been through already and overcome, how can i even moan about not having energy. It's not like i can't push through it and still do everything i want to do, sleeping a good 5 hours a night, Can't moan how things are going because they are pretty good.
    I would take 5 hours sleep and no energy over spending most of my life feeling horrible!
    So it's all good

And Music is the S~~T at the moment, Yelawolfs album, bad meet evil, Lil Wayne, SlaughterHouse! all great albums to listern to while feeling low :-) Also any boxing films (The Boxer) great film (Uk's version) the usa's version is a bit corney but still alright to watch.

Anyways thanks everyone
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-22-2011 at 03:40 AM. Reason: spelling

after 2 weeks without anything (i did do like 13-14 days before but i used twice, so had to reset the counter)
    Sleep is up to 4-5 hours and energy is at Zero! felt a bit strange 2 days back it was a bit like a bad buzz feeling, like i was there but not fully.. I know it dont make much sense but i think i was just really nakerd! and my brain started giving up on me..
    Other than that not bad at all. Just get the feeling that a few nights of 7+ hours sleep would help me so much! if nothing else it would end my 20hour days.
    The thing is even though i haven't got energy i don't feel too bad till about 4pm but i am getting up at 2am so thats 14hours that's not far off a average full day. just my timing is slightly out. Well, completely out lol.
    Anyway even with all that i'm clean and thats the most important part, just got to do what you need to and get through the day clean! I'm not going to lie but the sound of feeling like this for months maybe more doesn't fill me with joy! So i decided not to worry about it and focus on the day i'm on, if you didn't i really think it would make you mess up or just drive you mad! plus i'm far from average so it will be good to see how long it takes, my moneys on another 3 weeks tops

susiewallace is offline New Member

For energy go to the health food store and get a bottle of L-Tyrosine. Another thing that is even better is ephedrine. You probably have to order that online as most states have quit selling it. It helped me immensely. I'm at 1 month as of today. I have an occasional night where it still takes me several hours to fall asleep, but for the most part I am sleeping like a baby. It will come back for you very soon. Hang in there.

I'm from the uk so i'll have to see if they do any of that stuff here. it's only been like 18 days since i last used (used for 2 days) and about 4ish weeks since i last took methadone or subutex.
    My sleep has gone from horrible the first 2 weeks before i used and say a week after to pretty good, i'm getting at least 4 hours and last night for the first time i slept 7 hours! energy is still a problem and a bit of Anxitiy but symtom-wise thats about it.
    Getting close to new ground now because since i started at 12 and i'm 29 now this will be the first time that i've actually got clean and felt good, so when that day comes then i'll be a happy man!
    It's amazing how much pain we put ourselves through and then when its getting better then start panicing about things? it's like we don't like feeling ok but you know if someone offered this feeling at the start of the detox you would rip their hand off to get it. Suppose it's work in progress. So many things to make up for and so little time
    I will definatley look into the things you sugested though
    thanks again

Quest

Default Another quick question

Would taking a small dose of Diazipam(Valium) be a good idea the days i'm feelin anxious? i've got a load left from what i was given for the detox but i didn't bother with them so got about a weeks worth of 6mg daily.

Or would taking it hold up the speed at which my brain chemistry is adjusting?

Also i've noticed that my anxitey seems to kick in when outside looking at long distances, i've found myself having to look at the ground in order to get a hold of it, my vision has suffered during my detox and my long distance is shot, anything about 10meters away look's blurry which brings my anxitey on. I've never had a problem with my vision only ever when detoxing but then again i've never been clean for this long without anything so maybe there is something wrong with my eyes. I'm just unsure on where things stand on that..

thanks for reading this

_Quest_

timo37821 is offline New Member

New to here so I don't have a lot of good advise about your struggle as I'm here for advice myself. But I will say I've read several posts here and yours is really positive. And as for me I believe that is one of if not your most important weapons. But I hope this may ease your mind I have read a few posts where people have reported vision trouble while going through W/D. But I beleive if it we're my eyes I would get them looked at , I don't know the cost for an eye exam where you are from but their very cheep here . And it get's you out of the house !! LOL

yeah its pretty cheap here, I would get them done but i didn't want to go through the whole process get contacts and then my eyes sort themselves out. it's not the money its i really dont want glasses lol
    so i'm really hoping it goes away, but i will probaby give it another week, then go and get it done if its not sorted by then.
    and thanks for the advice and don't ever feel like you can't

thanks again

Quest

Default Got some L-Tyrosine

Quick thing., some people have mentioned L-Tyrosine as a good thing to take for energy, but what i didn't ask was what dose you recommend? Shall i stick to the recommended dose of one a day or should i take more for a bit?

If anyone has tried this before with success let me know

Quest

timo37821 is offline New Member

Everything that I have read states that exercise is the best method. And i hate that but it seems to be true. I mainly do one sit up every morning but reverse it when i go to bead LoL. I hate exercising but I make myself walk 1 mile everyday. It's not helped raise my level of energy yet but I think it will help in the long run. Keep up the good fight!

That's the same with me at the moment, I go to the boxing gym 3-4 times a week and it almost kills me! the sparing is the best part at the moment, I would prefer to take a few punches than cardio workouts hands down!

But even though i've been doing it a couple weeks now i still can't say there is a massive improvement (at the moment) I'm sure it will in time though.

To be fair though coming off >>>>>> and Methadon is horrible and what i'm feeling at this moment in time, is not even close to that, So really it's more like i've just a cold or something now, that's a bit Sh*t but not really anything to worry about.
    As soon as i start to get my energy back i will be laughing! because i'm even getting like 6 good hours sleep so that isn't even a problem.

Out of all the symtoms i've gone through over this detox i can safetly say i have only two left, one is ov energy and the other is really slight anxiety but i can normally talk myself out of it.

Still, i wouldn't give this feeling up to go back to using, it's hard work at times but if you want to do it you will, and if you don't, well you've already lost because trying to get clean when your half and half don't work, trust me i know! as soon as the pain comes and the sleepless nights, you will be sitting there waiting till your dealer comes on or grab a pill, what ever you need to so you feel "better". Everyone has the strenght to do it, you've just got to get your mind right first.

Anyways, thanks everyone

quest

sweetpea602 is offline New Member

Default Profound! Man

Quote Originally Posted by QuestOne View Post
    I'm from the uk so i'll have to see if they do any of that stuff here. it's only been like 18 days since i last used (used for 2 days) and about 4ish weeks since i last took methadone or subutex.
    My sleep has gone from horrible the first 2 weeks before i used and say a week after to pretty good, i'm getting at least 4 hours and last night for the first time i slept 7 hours! energy is still a problem and a bit of Anxitiy but symtom-wise thats about it.
    Getting close to new ground now because since i started at 12 and i'm 29 now this will be the first time that i've actually got clean and felt good, so when that day comes then i'll be a happy man!
    It's amazing how much pain we put ourselves through and then when its getting better then start panicing about things? it's like we don't like feeling ok but you know if someone offered this feeling at the start of the detox you would rip their hand off to get it. Suppose it's work in progress. So many things to make up for and so little time
    I will definatley look into the things you sugested though
    thanks again

Quest
    Hey Quest,
    I've been a user for a looong time! I have pretty much tapered down to just maintenance, but I know that I am facing the hard core jump. I have heard a lot of bull and I have heard some profound things! What you just said about " hurting ourselves for so many years, and then start to panic when we reach that corner. That statement will stick with me, cause I do want to get better, but I want to STAY better...So I am gonna take that hand offered and remember this thread and hope your still a work in progress. Peace..Sweetpea