Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By alj15
  • 3 Post By Catrina
Energy.. what's that!?!?
    alj15 is offline New Member

Default Energy.. what's that!?!?

Hi, I'm on my 9th day clean of a 70mg Vic 5 year habit.
    I am doing OK in every aspect besides energy.
    I just need some advice on some natural ways to keep up with my hyperactive 2 year old. I walk, eat small but very healthy meals, and trying yoga but I just can't make myself get any motivation. I mean, I have to FORCE myself off the couch and I have no option to turn back. I just want to feel a smidge better.
    And when I say I'm doing all that stuff, it seems to just tire me out worse than I was before.
    Please help!!!
    Catrina likes this.

Tiredandanxious15 is offline Junior Member

I can't say how great it is for you or if anxiety will get worse but for the first few weeks of my WD I would drink an extra strength five hour energy before work. Seemed to help a little. Otherwise there are some herbal things you could try

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by alj15 View Post
    Hi, I'm on my 9th day clean of a 70mg Vic 5 year habit.
    I am doing OK in every aspect besides energy.
    I just need some advice on some natural ways to keep up with my hyperactive 2 year old. I walk, eat small but very healthy meals, and trying yoga but I just can't make myself get any motivation. I mean, I have to FORCE myself off the couch and I have no option to turn back. I just want to feel a smidge better.
    And when I say I'm doing all that stuff, it seems to just tire me out worse than I was before.
    Please help!!!
    Good Morning,

I know it feels like things won't ever turn around but they will. They always do if you can just hang in there beginning with today. Aside from just pushing myself to do whatever I could manage, I never found anything but some time that really helped. Eating well and exercise.

This is the real danger zone for most of us. A relapse can be just around the corner because we get so desperate for a bit of relief. It's easy to talk ourselves into it. "I'll get back on track tomorrow, but I just want to feel better today" Been there. Done that. We usually know and expect what we're going to have to endure to detox and we go into that really believing that this is the hard part. Just as you describe, that isn't the hard part. NOW is the hard part. I'm guessing you're young because you're chasing a two year old. The other fact is that in the scheme of things (at least compared to me) you were on a roll for a year and that's not a horribly long time. Is your sleep beginning to return? I wouldn't expect that you're able to sleep right through the night with a solid eight hours yet, but are you able to string together a few hours at least? The reason I ask is that if you are getting at least some sleep, that indicates to me that things are beginning to turn around for you and you'll begin to see steady progress now. It just doesn't feel like it. Detox isn't dangerous but it still wrecks havoc with our bodies and now things have to settle down and the natural chemicals in your brain have to reboot so that you become balanced again. The time it takes is different for each of us and the process is so gradual that it's hard to see it.

Can you find a way to gather up that baby of yours and find something fun to do today? Leave the dishes in the sink and get outta Dodge for a few hours. Maybe taking that little one out to lunch or just to a playground for an hour or two. I know. I know.
    The thought of that makes you tired, right? The trick is that you might have to do some mental aerobics to dispel any defeatism that is lurking in that head of your's and paste a smile on your face and almost force yourself to at least appear to be happy about it. I know that sounds sarcastic but it's not intended to be. Fake it until you make it. I don't know if this makes sense to you but I hope it does. Sometimes we just have to move through the motions until they begin to feel natural again.

Hope you are able to find a morsel of feeling better today. Try not to dwell on things too much. It's counterproductive.

Peace,

Cat
    Lvg nghtmare, ForMe30 and Elcey like this.

alj15 is offline New Member

I actually faced insomnia only 2 nights, thank goodness! I'm not a good sleeper anyway, but since I've kicked the habit, I sleep like a baby. And I'm 26, and you're exactly right about what you predicted. No one knew my habit it had gotten terrible in the past year. It really took a turn when I was diagnosed with lupus. I used that as my excuse. And at 2 am 9 days ago, I woke my husband and told him everything. It was like diarrhea of the mouth, I was tired of my lies and disappointing him. My ah moment was when I missed an appointment with a great rheumatologist that specializes in auto immune. I didn't want to hear any bad news and I just wanted to stay home and clean. Now I'm kicking myself because I have to wait another 3 months to see him and I'm swollen all over. I realize so much now I never did before, and thinking clearly. I'm actually less depressed because it was such a relief to get everything off my chest.
    Just the energy dang it. I started themommy and me yoga and by the time we're done, I'm serious I feel to tired to drive. Just completely dranied. I just want a little feel good. I feel like I'm continually punished for my mistake.
    Thanks so much for the uplifting comment it means a lot.

Lockyer121 is offline New Member

Hi alj15, last time I went through WD, I am pretty sure I got a massive energy burst at around two weeks. Up until that point I was tired, cranky, short tempered and anxious.

The one thing I know about myself is that if I force myself to do an intense workout, I will feel 100% better afterwards. So I try and focus on that rather than the lack of energy and motivation I have getting to that point. Hope this helps!!

Suziehomemaker is offline Junior Member

You sound like me. Im only on day 2 and feel like a legit zombie. Your words struck me "the mistake I made" you didnt make the mistake these jerk doctors just throw pills at us and then wonder why we get addicted. I feel like its a 50/50 blame. I personally started on them for a collapsed uterus and severe migraines. I had NO idea whatsoever what hydro's were. Like literally no idea, all I knew if I finally felt great and out of pain. If he had told me how addictive they were I would have never touched them so please dont blame yourself. I did find that taking my "Alive" vitamins helped tremendously with energy last night! I woke up with actual energy! Not a ton but some hope this helps