Ex boyfriend addicted to pain meds, how can I help
    Exgirlfriend87 is offline New Member

Default Ex boyfriend addicted to pain meds, how can I help

My ex boyfriend had 2 herniated disc in his neck and was on pain meds for four months, I didn't think he was addicted because he took the correct amount and sometimes went days without taking one, but his behavior was one I could never understand. When we first started dating is when his herniation happened and he was just always so angry, he would snap easily, say mean things to me. I always felt like he was lying. His stories never matched up. He seemed depressed but then some moments he was very loving and affectionate. He would say I'm so beautiful and take me out, hold my hand all the time. Comfort me when I'm sad and say I'm sorry when he was mean. But as the months passed he was getting worse. He got drunk one night and made me sleep on the floor. He became more verbally abusive and seemed like he was hiding something. He would attack me a lot. I couldn't figure out what was happening and I hacked his email. I saw where he was sending emails to craiglist personals for casual encounters. Sex was not an issue for us tho. I confronted him and he got furious and said someone hacked his email and pretended to be him and later dumped me because he felt like he couldn't trust me. He threatened
    Me by throwing all my stuff out, I had to get the police involved. We lived together. Is this an addict personality? He was switching between hydrcodone, tramadol, cyclobenzaprine, and percosset now during his surgery recovery. He says he is off meds. I feel guilty for hacking in his email and involving the police and at one point I was so angry I filed a police report because he stole my laptop and refuses to give it back. but I feel like he has a bigger problem and I don't know how to help. I still care for him and was willing to stick by no matter what. I feel like I should have overlooked everything since he was going through a lot of pain.What can I do?

It sux to love someone you know you can't be with. My ex is an addict, he broke my brand new Mac book pro by slamming it on the ground bc he was jealous. He would get in fits of rage and be controlling and other times be so in love with me and obsess over me. Hold my hand, take me out, pay for everything, make me feel special, etc. Sounds kind of like what you are going through. That's what I call a manipulator, doing whatever it takes to keep you. The best advice I can give you is to run now while you are still sane and you have the chance. You can't fix him and if you go back to him he already knows that he can get away with this kind of behavior with you. How long were you together? I wasted 8 years of my life running back and forth to my ex bc I thought he loved me and I loved him. Is it really love if he is manipulating you, lying to you, makes you sleep on the floor, etc?

Exgirlfriend87 is offline New Member

It's hard because I miss him, we only been together for four months, I kept telling myself it's going to get better after surgery, but the percosset really messed him emotionally, he went crazy. He got off them but that's when the email thing happened and he dumped me. I can't stop feeling guilty.

Don't feel guilty! It's not your fault! He was cheating on you and manipulating you! Trust me, I know from experience! I know you miss him, that's understandable but he did you a favor. Let him go now before you've waste more time with him. You are worth so much more than that! Everyone deserves someone that will respect them, value them, and truly love them. He is sick and you can't help save him so help yourself and get away. I'm sorry if this comes off strong but trust me on this one it's for the best. My ex that did all those same things to me turned out being bipolar just like his mom and he could have really hurt me. He actually is the person I have to thank for my pill addiction and why I'm even on this website to begin with. He influenced me and manipulated me and I just hate to see anyone else go through that. No one deserves that. There are a lot of other guys out there that don't have those issues.

My old boss used to have this sign in his office that read:

It's better to have loved and lost than live with a pyscho the rest of your life! Lol

Can I ask how old you are?