Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
Fentanyl w/d
    Anonymous Guest

Managed to shave this afternoon. The thought of a razor on my skin was unbearable till now. I'm not sure touch hypersensitivity is a symptom of withdrawal but I've sure been going through it.

Managed to catch up on some bills today, and generally start thinking of getting back to work. I've read of people going through withdrawal while working. That'd be just miserable.

dsh12345 is offline Senior Member

I'm glad you have been geting out of the woods and turning a corner. Hang in there!

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Nexus, wanted to check in on you. Sorry I haven't been around this week, has been kind of a crazy one. Hoping you're hanging in there and that everything's ok!! Will be around off and on today and tomorrow afternoon/night so will check back with you! Hope you're well!!

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DravenDomnq View Post
    Hey Nexus, wanted to check in on you. Sorry I haven't been around this week, has been kind of a crazy one. Hoping you're hanging in there and that everything's ok!! Will be around off and on today and tomorrow afternoon/night so will check back with you! Hope you're well!!
    Hi Draven. I'm hanging in there. I am still not sleeping with any predictability and am going through stomach upset stuff controlled ok with Imodium. It's hard to get a sense of baseline tho given both the complex surgery I went through and pain meds I was taking for so long. I also feel really spacey, like my brain doesn't know how to think.

Compared to my state of mind on fentanyl and acute withdrawals this is bliss tho, lol. Most of my pain now is covered by Motrin, so that's good. Starting week 3 now. I guess I'm just adapting. Hope you're well too!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

offandclean is offline New Member

Hi Nexus,

I read through your entire thread and you are awesome! I went through Fentanyl and Percocet withdrawal. I was able to stop the Percs at home but I could not do Fentanyl. I had to check into detox for a few days. It has to be up there with the worst withdrawal. But you did it! My doctor tried to do the slow taper as well but I felt it was dragging out my pain! I'm 7 months out and I never thought over the counter meds would work once your body is freee of all that stuff.

Keep up the fight! What you have done is something to be super proud of. I've found a new love of working out. Maybe it'll work for you too. Thanks for giving us your story.

Quote Originally Posted by offandclean View Post
    Hi Nexus,

I read through your entire thread and you are awesome! I went through Fentanyl and Percocet withdrawal. I was able to stop the Percs at home but I could not do Fentanyl. I had to check into detox for a few days. It has to be up there with the worst withdrawal. But you did it! My doctor tried to do the slow taper as well but I felt it was dragging out my pain! I'm 7 months out and I never thought over the counter meds would work once your body is freee of all that stuff.

Keep up the fight! What you have done is something to be super proud of. I've found a new love of working out. Maybe it'll work for you too. Thanks for giving us your story.
    Hey those are awesome words. You went from a very bad place, to now one where your chronic pain is controlled by OTC stuff, you are working out, etc etc. Sounds like a very nice success story.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Nexus,

I can appreciate it. Femtanyl has to be the worst withdrawal. Even after the acute phase many symptoms rise up.

Hot flashes, crying at funny stuff, laughing at drama...

However, I keep in mind why I stopped, and don't have to stay clean longer than this moment, this day.

I'm also dealing with fatigue. Depression maybe. It's not killing me but it's slowing me down.

Thanks for your well woshes!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hi Nexus (and Opana),
    I just went onto subs from fentanyl and norco so I am right there with you both. Super proud of you Nexus for going CT! You are hard-core! It sounds like you are through the very worst of the withdrawals. Unfortunately it feels at first or fortunately when we stop taking drugs we start feeling again and that can be hard. Lyrics has been helpful for me with back pain in the past, but it sounds like if you are like me- sounds like you went through this with Oxys or Anxiety meds then it's easy to be addicted to anything and be wanting to chase the high. You can read some of my posts but basically I have been going to NA meetings a lot and I recommend you do that to. You will feel a lot better to have someone to talk with about the cravings and have in person support from someone who will help hold you to account for staying off the pills/patch/weed/whatever. The hardest thing about quitting is not the withdrawal but with breaking our OCD cycles and patterns and forming new ones, while learning to deal with people, places, and things that we haven't had to face high and numb. Sorry to ramble but hope it helps! You deserve to pick up a key tag for your clean time. You earned it!!!

Anonymous Guest

Hi Nexus,

Thanks for the well-wishes. I'm on nothing now except Tylenol and Motrin. Even though it's been two weeks I'm still having hot and cold flashes, nausea & some vomiting. It hits in waves, about an hour long. Then I'm fine.

I'm pretty sure it'll level out, but dang I thought it was over. Drinking plenty of water!

Quote Originally Posted by NexusOne View Post
    Thanks for the well-wishes. I'm on nothing now except Tylenol and Motrin. Even though it's been two weeks I'm still having hot and cold flashes, nausea & some vomiting. It hits in waves, about an hour long. Then I'm fine.

I'm pretty sure it'll level out, but dang I thought it was over. Drinking plenty of water!
    Glad to see things are continuing to improve, and that your chronic pain can be able to be controlled with OTC, non-opioid stuff.

Keep us informed and in the loop until at least you make a full or at least 95% recovery. Not just for your own sake, but so that your story will stand as another one that's a success story for all the lurkers and others of us out there. I spent hours upon hours reading stories on ppl's threads before deciding to get off opiates using suboxone (now off all substances for 5 days after finishing a suboxone taper and feel great), and would dig up years old threads from websites all over. The positive stories kept me going and gave me encouragement to do the taper and get off this beast for good.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dsh12345 View Post
    Glad to see things are continuing to improve, and that your chronic pain can be able to be controlled with OTC, non-opioid stuff.

Keep us informed and in the loop until at least you make a full or at least 95% recovery. Not just for your own sake, but so that your story will stand as another one that's a success story for all the lurkers and others of us out there. I spent hours upon hours reading stories on ppl's threads before deciding to get off opiates using suboxone (now off all substances for 5 days after finishing a suboxone taper and feel great), and would dig up years old threads from websites all over. The positive stories kept me going and gave me encouragement to do the taper and get off this beast for good.
    Thanks Dsh.
    I am getting better. It's just bothering me that some of these symptoms are lingering, mainly nausea, hot and cold flashes. Last night I thought I'd hurt myself from shivering so bad.

I guess the upside is all these symptoms and more were 24/7 when I was in acute withdrawals. Now it's maybe once per day so that's good!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-01-2017 at 06:01 PM.

yupster123 is offline New Member

Hey guys, just made an account on here to give some friendly advice. If you have never heard of ibogaine before I strongly suggest checking it out. It has the ability to eliminated all withdrawal in a matter of hours to nearly any drug, especially opiates. It is legal in Canada. If you have friends there I would suggest having them purchase some online, and then either visiting them to acquire it or some other method. I am not sure how it would be obtainable legally in the states but I truly hope you are able to find some. Note about dosing - start off low, such as a gram, and increase the dosage as to prevent taking too much. A full dose is typically around 16 grams but everyone is different and it depends on your mental health and physical health so it's safer to start very small and increas incrementally. It's always better to buy the rootbark rather than ground up powder, unless the powder is an extract. It also helps with the mental aspects of addiction as well as helping the body return to homseostasis. Do the research!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12