Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Fentanyl w/d
    Anonymous Guest

Default Fentanyl w/d

I'm having a rough go of things, 3 days in to withdrawal from 25 mcg/hr patches. I actually tapered down from 62.5 mcg/hr in Jan. After a while at 25 I was feeling bad, so I didn't request a refill. I thought it'd be a cakewalk, maybe like Oxycodone w/d (which lasted all of two days). Wrong. I hope this breaks by Monday. I'm picking up Lyrica tomorrow, I hope it helps a bit. Tell me I can hang in there. This is crushing me.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Nexus, welcome to the forums! You can hang in there, I know it's rough, just have to keep at it. One thread on here that might help is the Thomas Recipe Thread. I'll include a link at the bottom of this post. Lot of good info on there, I'd just avoid the benzos if you're not already on them.

Make sure to keep yourself hydrated, lots of water/gatoraide and/or bananas/potassium supplements. It takes a bit to get through the worst of the physical gunk, but give it a few days and hopefully you'll start to see a difference by Monday. Lots of hot baths/showers can help as well.

It's sometimes a bit slow here on the weekends, but keep posting so people know best how to support you. Know that I wish you nothing but the best!!

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

OffOpana is offline New Member

Good thoughts your way. I'm on day 7 off Opana (after being prescribed strong pain meds for 10 years). No fun - but the worst seems to be over. It feels good to be off that stuff (mentally I mean) and no longer a slave to the pain meds. You can do it!

Anonymous Guest

Default Thanks. Still in the thick of things.

I have a terrible headache. Restless "everything". It's hard to type. I'm twitching. I want to stand up. Sit on the couch. Get up. Walk in circles. Lay down. I'm a mess. It'd not be so bad if I could sleep! It's not happening tho. Hot and cold flashes have settled into a ridiculous fever-like state. I did look over the Thomas recipe before I started this, and have plenty of fluids, bananas, Tylenol and Advil, Imodium. I had no idea Fentanyl could be so wicked. It had little to no euphoria or mood swings. Till now (mood swings, anyhow). Monday will be day 6 if I can hang in there. Not sure what my options are but to hang in there. Thanks for the well-wishes!

Anonymous Guest

Took a shower at 3:30 a.m. It didn't last long though, the sensation of water spraying on me was rough. Not sure it'll help with restlessness but I smell better. I changed the sweat-soaked linens. It was a horrible smell, body odor with a chemical tinge. The price I'm paying! It sucks because I want to have a week or two now! I was really tempted to call detox, or go to the hospital but I'm afraid I'd just end up on some drug or another. I just cling to the mantra "I can do this". On the upside, as odd as it sounds, my bowels freed up yesterday, so I think actual withdrawal may finally be happening, not leaching out of my system still. My chest doesn't feel as tight, but I still have crazy, hardcore sneezes. Nose isn't running. Not puked in a couple days. Insomnia is hard. Day four without sleep, I'm going nuts over it. Frustration and anger.

Anonymous Guest

I feel so weird. 7 a.m. Suddenly calm as heck. Been this way since 5. Fatigue is wracking me. But no sleep yet. Not even drowsy. I just feel weak. I got crazy thirsty tho, downed a bunch of water. Maybe that helped? Still feverish though.

Anonymous Guest

I feel a bit manic posting here repeatedly but it helps. Sorta new symptom, pain on skin, whatever touches me. The water in the shower, my sweatpants, my blanket, even the fan blowing my body hair around gently. If I stay still I'm good. RLS is still here a bit. I'm a lot calmer than yesterday tho.

Feverish still, not sweating buckets tho. I can't sleep but found some soothing music, rested as I could. My eyes just twitch, so closing them for long is impossible right now. Having some tea for breakfast, may try some yogurt in a bit. None of my food has been interesting me too much tho. I've been taking a multivitamin.

God, let this pass already. I'm so exhausted.

Anonymous Guest

I managed a short walk outside. Sunlight. Warm. It was soooo bright (I have blackout curtains inside). I only made it a few hundred yards tho. My neighbor was cleaning his car, and I thought "I need to do that." - I've not thought of it since last summer, when I got on this crazy merry-go-round of opiates.

Anonymous Guest

I slept! 1-5 p.m.! I'm so much better than 1 am last night. Or Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. That was hell. Not sure whether to believe it has passed. 4 days of Detox? A lot better than the 6-10 I expected. I'm still weak. Still have minor butterflies in my stomach. Skin is still a bit painful to touch. I'm suddenly hungry though. I think that's a good sign.

Good for you Nexus, seems like things are starting to look up! I think it's also a great sign that you slept and are hungry. I wouldn't push it, but eat what you can. Nothing wrong with posting a lot on your thread either, not just so others can see what you're going through, but so you can re-read it down the road to see where you've been. You never know who might read it and how it might help them to see what you've gone through. Hopefully things just keep getting better and better for you!!

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Draven. This has been so wicked I actually thought it'd be better to just die at times. Transient delusions too, from no sleep. Like I thought I was in another room and got up to use the bathroom but ran into a wall. Just a four day wave of pain. It's funny a bit, looking back on it, relatively ok now. It was wicked, but I got through it. Moment by moment at times.

I don't feel so weak and helpless. That's a good thing. Not sure where I'll be at 3 a.m. tomorrow, but for the moment I feel pretty liberated.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Of course, and I totally get it. There were plenty of times I felt like dying when I made the jump. Sleep was the last thing to return to me too, reading back over my thread I could see how at times I was getting delirious from the lack of it. Plenty of rambling posts on there, but it's good to be able to look back and see whee I was. It seems like 3-5 days is about the average it takes to get through the very worst of the physical symptoms, so hopefully the very worst is over for you as well!

The next step is letting our bodies adjust to being off the meds. Finding that motivation to keep pushing forward. Don't be surprised if it's still a moment by moment process at times. The fact you're doing so well now is a great sign though!! Don't worry about 3am tomorrow, just deal with it when it comes and concentrate on how you're feeling now. Have you thought about any ongoing support, like NA or AA meetings or one-on-one counseling? Definitely something that's worth thinking about I think.

So glad to hear that you're feeling better though, so keep at it!! Liberated is right, and what a great feeling!!

Anonymous Guest

I'm feeling pretty good right now. I'm not sleepy but I'm calm. The worst of the detox is finally over. Still a few minor symptoms, mostly GI related.

The Thomas Recipe did help. I don't have clonidine, but I have Lisinopril, which I think helped. No Benzos. I have a prescription for 0.5 mg Klonopin, but didn't use any. The desire to jack up the dose and hopefully just pass out was strong. Believe that! I tried that before and ended up in the hospital in a total blackout, being treated for overdose.

Bananas helped. I couldn't keep any food down for a bit, but I think the bananas helped the tension lower a bit.

Tylenol and Motrin kept some aching away.

The biggest thing was just sticking to it. Still is. For days I felt overwhelmed, the detox was wicked. Painful. But I kept refocusing on the goal. Every restless moment was hoping I'd be clean and ok eventually.

I might sleep again tonight. It seems sleep has abandoned me for a time, but I'm so happy to be through the acute phase of withdrawal I don't mind it right now. I have mirtazepine, a sedating antidepressant. I also have Lyrica, which really helped today. It seems to have suppressed the painful sensitive skin stuff. Some of this stuff isn't exactly Thomas Recipe but it has all helped.

This time last night I was out of my mind. All the acute detox stuff ended today. 4 days. It took 4 days.

Anonymous Guest

3 a.m. I wondered what it'd be like. I'm awake, can't sleep but I'm comfortable. This is day 5. Most of the withdrawal symptoms went away yesterday. Except apparently insomnia.

I'm not sure why I feel so good. I'm just super content for some reason. Might be some sorta rebound from all the Fentanyl and oxycodone I was taking.

Don't get me wrong, I went through a wicked withdrawal. I thought it'd last forever.

I guess I'll just wait the insomnia out. It's gotta end sometime. I didn't fight the withdrawal symptoms, I just let them roll. I think that helped a bit. These forums helped a lot!

The only odd thing is I just went through hell to get clean, but the idea of getting more Fentanyl and Oxycodone keeps popping into my head. I am not entertaining the idea, it's just there and gone, maybe a dozen times today.

Anonymous Guest

Wow. Slept from 4 till 1. What a surprise. Had crazy dreams. Very vivid. Nothing unpleasant just over the top.

Still, getting to sleep was awesome. I almost feel alive again.

I'm still having some tremors, more like shivers than anything, tho I'm not cold. Minor stomach stuff. I am, however, drinking my first Mountain Dew in over a week.

The runup to my withdrawal was not pleasant. I believe I may have tapered down too aggressively, the last drop was from 50 mcg to 37.5 mcg to 25 mcg. The last part I only gave myself a week to normalize. I could have taken a month, then another month at 11.5 mcg, then stopped. Might have been different.

Oh well, I'm not going to start again just to find out! I don't want to do this again.

I'm so glad I slept. Straight through too. My whole body is like "thank you!".

I might actually try to do things today. Nothing intense but maybe drive into town. Eat a whole meal. I feel a bit weak still, but so crazily alive.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Anonymous Guest

I'm developing a weird funk. Sorta like exhausted but mentally, psychologically. My body is still energized, I still feel content, but it's starting to feel like I'm in a fog. Like being able to eat again was like "meh" when yesterday it was a huge coolness to be able to eat again.

I hope it's not developing into depression or whatever follows withdrawal.

OffOpana is offline New Member

Have you looked into Clonidine (https://www.drugs.com/clonidine.html) to help you? Ask your Dr. It has helped me tremendously.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OffOpana View Post
    Have you looked into Clonidine (https://www.drugs.com/clonidine.html) to help you? Ask your Dr. It has helped me tremendously.
    I have. My old doc prescribed it for me years ago, when I was discontinuing Percocet. I recall a whole lot of relief but ended up back on Percocet again a month or two later. I have an appointment on Tuesday, I may ask for it then.

I know Clonidine helped cut my withdrawal symptoms by at least half, quickly too.

It takes a while for our bodies to adjust to being off the meds. Now that hopefully the worst of the physical gunk is past, the mental battle starts in. We all metabolize things differently, but the "fog" is not unusual at all. Just have to work through it and distract yourself as you can, get caught up in a show etc. It will pass, and you're body just went through everything getting off the meds, takes a lot out of us I think, so now it's working through all the mental stuff. You've got this, just keep hanging in there!
    Elcey likes this.

Anonymous Guest

I made it out into public today. Got some groceries. It wasn't easy. I still have jerky tremors. I accidentally threw a can of chili on the floor, my hand just twitched like a seizure.

Things were pretty blurry. My vision still isn't right. I only sweated a bit though. That was my main concern, being covered with sweat.

I took a drive out to where I grew up. Sentimentality I guess. My temporary license plate blew out the window, and was picked up and moved by a dozen cars. It took me half an hour to find it.

I resumed my drive. Things that were so huge and meaningful as a kid seemed so small and petty now. My old house on the lake was being refurbished. I stood and stared at it till I felt it was time to move on. A rush of memories. Most of my old playgrounds in the deep woods are subdivisions and gated homes now. I felt I lost a part of me seeing all that.

I guess I'll have to find new playgrounds.

I can't believe how out of touch I'd become, on drugs anyhow. I drove out that way once, all drugged up. Nothing. I remember I felt nothing.

I am not sure what to do with my new feelings. In the moments, it feels better than drugs.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DravenDomnq View Post
    It takes a while for our bodies to adjust to being off the meds. Now that hopefully the worst of the physical gunk is past, the mental battle starts in. We all metabolize things differently, but the "fog" is not unusual at all. Just have to work through it and distract yourself as you can, get caught up in a show etc. It will pass, and you're body just went through everything getting off the meds, takes a lot out of us I think, so now it's working through all the mental stuff. You've got this, just keep hanging in there!
    It feels like a whole new world. I went through withdrawal from Percocet some time ago, but my days were consumed by the thought of getting back on it. This is way different. I have no goal other than life itself. I do hope the fog doesn't overwhelm me. Thanks for the well wishes!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Default Boredom? Drama?

I feel I should be doing something. I'm not sure what. It's not just doing something, it feels like if I'm not doing everything I'm missing the point.

I chalk this up to boredom. Maybe the desire to be involved in some drama. I don't know.

Even when I was drugged up I was always running to the scene of the accident. I never had a clue what I was doing, but it energized me. Made me feel alive.

I'm not sure I want that to be my m.o. now. Unless I become a paramedic or something. Still the sensation of "being still" troubles me. This may be tougher to get through than the withdrawal.

You'll figure out what you want to do, and can definitely relate to the pent up, restless feelings! There would be some nights I'd be pacing all over the house, or going stir crazy, without a doubt. Do you belong to a gym or do any kind of exercises on a regular basis? As you start to heal the more active you can be will help with sleep etc. Get those endorphin's flowing!! Also any hobbies you enjoy to get caught up in distracting you to keep your mind focused on something else. Just a thought, but might help with some of the boredom you're feeling.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DravenDomnq View Post
    You'll figure out what you want to do, and can definitely relate to the pent up, restless feelings! There would be some nights I'd be pacing all over the house, or going stir crazy, without a doubt. Do you belong to a gym or do any kind of exercises on a regular basis? As you start to heal the more active you can be will help with sleep etc. Get those endorphin's flowing!! Also any hobbies you enjoy to get caught up in distracting you to keep your mind focused on something else. Just a thought, but might help with some of the boredom you're feeling.
    Hi Draven. I really don't have any hobbies or gym membership anymore. I was heavily into creating surrealistic "dreamscapes" in the virtual "Second Life" system. Sex. Bondage. Fetishes. Nightmares. Passions. I'm not sure I can explore that without drugs, tho hell, it may be better.

As for gym stuff, yeah, I found a good place. $10/mo, open 24/7. It might be what I need, to get these restless feelings in check, to explore things from that experience. Actually one of the happiest times of my life was crazy exercising, running till I just kept going like Forrest Gump. No drugs. I don't know why I stopped. Probably drugs.

I'm also an ex-pilot and fond of anything aviation related. Not sure how to approach that again though. "Hi, I'm a former drug user, and your captain today." ? LOL... ahh well.

I guess I'll just have to jump back in, see what emerges. I still struggle with a lot of physical stuff that needs to be addressed, but it's time to start.

Thanks for staying in touch. I wish I had started my thread in "need to talk". Seems to be a lot of traffic there. This all is helping me stay afloat. The forums, I mean.

Anonymous Guest

6 days. Monday. I didn't think I'd make it. I'm still alive!

Anonymous Guest

Finally got to sleep around 7. Only slept till 11, but grateful for every bit. Compared to the acute withdrawal, things are amazingly good.

I have to remember that.

Anonymous Guest

I made contact with my doctor regarding the opiates. Explained what was going on, why I was stopping, and asked for any help I could get. I will get a callback later. It was hard to explain things, and say no to more opiates. The honest truth tho, is I don't really have pain anymore. The drugs were just masking life. I'm a bit scared my doctor won't understand why I didn't taper further or something. I hope my comment about "no more" was clear. I wasn't condescending. I hope to hear positive news back. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous Guest

Felt pretty "meh" this afternoon. I'm still charged up mentally though. Not sure what is going on. I may try a movie tomorrow.

As a side note - do posts sometimes disappear here? I swore I saw another post here on my phone earlier, and meant to address it, but it's just gone.

Anonymous Guest

Well, a mixed bag with my doctor. Happy I'm committed to no opiates, upset that I quit on my own timetable. I guess I don't get it. I'm not sure what another month or more tapering pain meds would have brought me. A smoother landing? It felt like it'd just stretch the misery out, probably less than the four days of acute withdrawal I went through but oh well. It's a done deal.

Anonymous Guest

Still going through some minor symptoms. Sneezing, mainly when I eat. Chills - though nowhere near the intensity of acute withdrawal. I've surprisingly been able to sleep, albeit erratically, so I'm grateful for that.

I am definitely catching myself in moments of apathy, depression, funk. I just push through it. Not sure what else to do about it.

Today is day 8! I didn't think I'd make it 6 days.
    Elcey likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast